Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr Fu KinLoo Kee
06 Feb 12 21:16
| Topic/replies: 322 | Blogger: Mr Fu KinLoo Kee's blog
A market is up now, who do we fancy?
Pause Switch to Standard View Next years Super bowl winner
Show More
Report TUB February 6, 2012 9:20 PM GMT
ravens and texans
Report Mr Fu KinLoo Kee February 6, 2012 9:36 PM GMT
San Fran really looked good on D, if they can improve the O a little I think they will go well again.
Report Princes Purple Guitar February 6, 2012 11:26 PM GMT
Texans all the way for bus...no injuries and resigns should seal the deal
Report ReimerpYsatnaf February 7, 2012 10:52 AM GMT
Houston Texans 12/1 and Philadelphia Eagles 16/1
Report db1974 February 7, 2012 12:35 PM GMT
Da Bears 40/1

They were looking hot last year when Cutler went down

Excluding the divisional matchups, next years schedule is against NFC West & AFC South, arguably the 2 weakest divisions in the league as well as against Cowboys & Panthers

I can see 3 teams making the playoffs from the NFC North next year

They are certainly as good as the Lions, Falcons, & Cowboys, all of whom are hovering around the 25/1 mark.
Report db1974 February 7, 2012 12:41 PM GMT
Of the teams quoted at 20/1 or less, I like the Steelers @ 16/1

IMO they should be favs for the AFC North. Ravens have had their day now and the Steelers had awful injury problems last year.

I'm going to try to hold off on backing anyone < 20/1 though cos I reckon they'll get bigger at some stage in the first 4-6 weeks.
Report Help2 February 7, 2012 5:23 PM GMT
Steelers vs Green bay
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2012 8:44 PM GMT
In the words of the much missed LIFETAKER 'saints, who dat' saints saints
Report d13phe February 7, 2012 10:07 PM GMT
65/1 wouldn't look too bad if they managed to land Peyton
Report d13phe February 7, 2012 10:09 PM GMT
I also think the vikes at 200/1 is a great bet

High draft spot will be huge for them

Ponder should also improve and they will get some key injuries back

They were playing for that draft spot towards the end of this year
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2012 10:17 PM GMT
think it was 9 or 10 of the vikes losses were by 7 or less pts
Report grayhawk February 7, 2012 10:47 PM GMT
If Percy Harvin has yet another migraine who's gonna catch balls for Ponder?.....i know the tight end Rudolph looks promising but the wide receiver cupboard looks bare.
Report themightymac February 8, 2012 2:36 PM GMT
No Super Bowl next year. The world ends on 21st December 2012. Devil
Report HARRY22 February 8, 2012 8:04 PM GMT
FFS mac..bad enough the season is over..more doom and gloom
Report lefgend February 11, 2012 11:24 AM GMT
Agree with general consensus about Texans. They were best team in AFC last season and somehow managed to get 2 games from Superbowl with a 3rd string quarterback.

Big two in AFC North will decline next season. A combination of ageing players, fines for hard hits, frequent high draft picks and a less soft schedule will eventually catch up with them.

As for value, there is none but closest to it is DB1974's shout for Da Bears.  Texans are a good bet because they shouldn't have competition within their division but most of that has already been priced in, e.g. they were 30-1 at the start of the 2011 season.
Report HARRY22 February 11, 2012 12:43 PM GMT
By: This user is offline. lefgend
Date Joined: 01 Jun 06 Add contact | Send message
When: 11 Feb 12 11:24 Joined: Date Joined: 01 Jun 06 | Topic/replies: 16 | Blogger: lefgend's blog
Agree with general consensus about Texans. They were best team in AFC last season and somehow managed to get 2 games from Superbowl with a 3rd string quarterback.

Confused Confused  Best team in AFC? have a word..they were 2 games from the superbowl? so were denver ffs...worst team to be in the playoffs for many seasons...They were not the best team in the AFC..They will improve further next season..no doubt..top team with bags of potential..not the best in the AFC.
Report lefgend February 11, 2012 4:27 PM GMT
Absolute load of tosh Harry22. It's hardly even worth debating with people with naff opinions like yours.

Worst team to be in the playoffs for ages? But then you mention Denver as an even bigger laughing stock so you don't even agree with yourself.

Texans were 10-3 before Schaub/Leinart went down.  Truth is, nobody in the AFC was that good compared to Packers, Saints and the eventual Superbowl champions. Texans were the best team in an average conference, just edging the Patriots in my opinion.
Report HARRY22 February 11, 2012 6:17 PM GMT
Laugh Ehh...i mentioned denver as you were saying the texans were only 2 games off the superbowl....i replied by saying 'so were denver' who were the worst team to be in the playoffs for years...what is your point? being two games off the superbowl is a million miles away...baltimore and the patriots far better teams than texans.
Report lefgend February 11, 2012 6:42 PM GMT
Why do all the oddsmakers have Texans at 13s and Ravens at 17s if Ravens are a "far better team". Patriots aren't all that great either, they had the closest thing you can get to a soft playoff run with the Doncs, Ravens (who should have beaten them) and then the Giants.  They also lost some really stupid games in the regular season and would have probably finished no.2 seed behind the Texans if Schaub and Leinart hadn't gone down injured. Texans were also missing elite players like Mario Williams for the whole season and Andre Johnson for big chunks of it.
Report HARRY22 February 11, 2012 7:07 PM GMT
the bookmakers had the pack FIRM favs and look what happened..they were crowning the lions after 5 weeks when they were 9s Laugh
Report lefgend February 11, 2012 7:12 PM GMT
Agree Lions odds were always really dumb.  Pack and Saints are the two elite teams and it's shocking that not one but both of them got dumped out and didn't even make the NFC Championship game.  Ravens are one of my favourite teams but I think they will start declining soon as Lewis, Reed and Suggs start to become less and less effective.
Report HARRY22 February 11, 2012 8:08 PM GMT
Well of course they will in time but suggs still has plenty of gas and the ravens have another good season in them..they beat the texans twice last season and they were very unlucky in foxboro..texans should win the afc south with ease..schaub is good but he aint great.
Report db1974 February 11, 2012 10:48 PM GMT
I think the Ravens have missed their chance at this stage

They'll still be there or thereabouts for the next 2-3 seasons (ie - make playoffs etc) but you always get the impression that they lack that ultimate killer instinct, especially on offense, and will always find someone too good

Their results in the 2 weeks following the week that they beat the Steelers said a lot to me about their mentality (lost @ Titans & then lost @ Seahawks) and where they see themselves
Report foxygambler February 16, 2012 9:32 AM GMT
Got to love the Texans.. they were running riot until Schaub injury! Arian Foster to run, Schaub with Johson to aim for and the best Defence in the league and young so only way is up.. Wade Phillips stays alive until next season and they will be up there for sure! If they pick up a cheeky tight end they could be unplayable.. Need a home playoff draw tho which is possible as easy division and others in conference have tough games. essay over
Report HARRY22 February 16, 2012 4:46 PM GMT
lol unplayable Laugh
Report HARRY22 February 16, 2012 4:47 PM GMT
No team in the nfl without an elite QB will be unplayable
Report Elliott Spencer February 17, 2012 5:28 PM GMT
Can't argue with the common opinion of the Texans as the most likely to win the Superbowl, and the reasons given. However, the betting is always about value, so while I will admit my AFC fancy to be Texans, and NFC as the Eagles, at prices bigger much prefer to play and trade on Da Bears (although an ultra-competitive division), and Kansas in a much weaker div at 66's, and place terms of 1/2 1,2 available makes them 33's for the conference.
Report HARRY22 February 19, 2012 5:03 PM GMT
i dont see a team winning a superbowl without an elite QB..that rules houston out
Report punkha1 February 21, 2012 12:23 PM GMT
Nothing too original but gonna back the Saints.
The really left it behind them this year and with the SB in New Orleans this year no team will be more motivated.
Report HARRY22 February 26, 2012 12:58 PM GMT
^ agree..the saints must have been kicking themselves when they watched the giants win at lambeau.  Big chance missed,as good as the giants were i didnt see them going to the dome and beating the saints
Report Hayden February 29, 2012 2:39 PM GMT
NFL moves kickoff to Wednesday for Obama
The NFL will kick off its 2012 season on Wednesday, Sept. 5, instead of its traditional Thursday night start to avoid Barack Obama's scheduled speech at the Democratic National Convention. The opening game will feature the Super Bowl champion Giants, as expected.

Only 6 months to go chaps   Happy
Report punkha1 May 8, 2012 12:57 AM BST
After the Saints affair,Peyton & the draft anybody see any value?
Fancied the Saints before the storm now can get 25s from sub 10s.Is this too much of an over reaction or has the whole bountygate along with their treatment of Brees done them?
Dont like them and they rarely are value but NE have a nice fixture list very hard to see them not having home advantage come the play-offs barring injury.
Report HARRY22 May 13, 2012 2:32 PM BST
PACKERS superbowl champs.  They had the luxury of taking their foot off the gas last season and that probably cost them when they had to face the giants.
Report CJ May 24, 2012 9:12 PM BST
Boring stating the obvios but the Pack will again be the team they have to beat. Scott Wells defecting to SL will be a big miss for Rodgers but hopefully jeff Saturday still has a bit left at C.

They drafted extremely well, focusing on the pass rush which will give Matthews a bit of help, and take the pressure off their secondary (which is still a fine outfit despite last seasons disastrous numbers).
Report d13phe May 25, 2012 1:15 PM BST
anyone got an opinion on the chicago Bears.  They have done well in Free Agency and seem to have upgraded in the Draft.

Cutler was romping it until his injury last year and that D will compete again.

I agree about the Pack though, they are big favourites for me.
Report iniestaxavi May 30, 2012 10:05 PM BST
bengals or texans
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com