Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
d13phe
19 Dec 11 13:42
| Topic/replies: 22,897 | Blogger: d13phe's blog
Any thoughts on this one?

I'm sure big ben will play but not sure about willis

Harrison is suspended

I think this will be a test too far for the 49ers and I really fancy the steelers to win quite easily

I think the difference will be the red zone offenses and the 49ers don't have enough firepower to keep score with the steelers who have some major offensive weapons these days

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 331
By:
db1974
When: 19 Dec 11 14:33
If Ben starts at all, injured or not, I think the Steelers will win

I certainly don't think it will be easy though, definitely only a 1-score game
By:
Shazza93
When: 19 Dec 11 16:14
I'm going big on the Niners in this once.
By:
themightymac
When: 19 Dec 11 16:26
If Tomlin is stupid enough to risk Big Ben tonight against a strong 49ers Defence, with or without Willis, there is every chance that San Francisco "D" will get to him and possibly knock him out for the season. Why take such a chance with your top man, when they are certain to make the play-offs anyway. Without Roethlesberger, Steelers have no chance post season, with him, they can possibly go all the way. I say that Ben won`t start.
By:
db1974
When: 19 Dec 11 16:30
The Ravens losing yesterday means that the Steelers will get the No.1 seed if they win their last 3. I can't see Ben sitting this one out if he is anyways half-fit.
By:
SteelCurtain
When: 19 Dec 11 16:36
big ben starts with the 1st round bye & afc north on the line the steelers hope 2 win with big ben starting 2 nite & charlie batch coming for the last 2 games against the rams & browns im not sure i would risk ben 2 nite but he is starting
By:
mr_sykes
When: 19 Dec 11 18:01
hard game to call,big test for 49ers,lose and saints will take the #2 seed,win and they get a bye in playoffs.steelers have chance to capitalise,they would let ravens off the hook if they lose,will go 49ers in this but wouldnt be surprised to see steelers win.
By:
horse9
When: 19 Dec 11 18:04
One thing about Big Ben is that he's one tough mother - I think he'd play on one leg if Tomlin let him.
I'm already with the Steelers long term so them winning tonight (and eventually the North) makes a massive difference to my chances of making decent money, but I do think backing them tonight getting a 3 point start is gift-wrapped....
By:
Beaniash
When: 19 Dec 11 20:32
listen forget this "game time decision" nonsense I think he'll play. i think Patrick willis being out has made me lean steelers more than i was with or without ben. 1 thing is for sure i aint touching this till i know ben's status.  HOWEVER ...

i am SO in love with the UNDER right now. reason ... ben has an ankle injury tht means theyll be running the ball more cant see him doing his usual ducking and weaving and with this 49's defense the clock will be chewd up big time. steelers have a mean D too so points might be hard to come by.

i really cannot disagree with anyone who picked 49s in this 1 strong case for both. That said i'm going STEELERS with Ben and UNDER or Just the UNDER without

GOOD LUCK CoolCool
By:
horse9
When: 19 Dec 11 21:26
I like the Steelers here especially getting a 2.5 start.
Main bet Alex Smith to go over 185 yards - I think Niners will be chasing late on which means plenty of yards picked up.

Beaniash - your thinking is sound but I can see Niners stuffing the box expecting the run and him dropping back more often than anyone expects, he can play the quick release pass before a pass rusher gets close well.
If Willis is out it'll make a massive difference to how Steelers approach the game I think
By:
milla445
When: 19 Dec 11 21:33
Will probably wait till closer to ko before deciding - leaning much the same way as Beaniash though with Pittsburgh and unders, whether Ben plays or not.

Looking at the Niners results so far there's not really anything too impressive in there, they seem to have had a relatively soft schedule - although being in the NFC West I suppose that's a given. I haven't seen much of them this season to be honest, so I may not be being completely fair to them. Steelers should be bang up for it with Baltimore losing.
By:
ManWithNoName
When: 19 Dec 11 21:40
Big Ben will want to pit himself against the Niners, but it would be no surprise if his dodgy ankle gets stomped on.

Then it will all rest on the Steelers D and Mendenhall.

So it's a toss-up.
By:
ManWithNoName
When: 19 Dec 11 21:40
Big Ben will want to pit himself against the Niners, but it would be no surprise if his dodgy ankle gets stomped on.

Then it will all rest on the Steelers D and Mendenhall.

So it's a toss-up.
By:
Beaniash
When: 19 Dec 11 22:50
horse9 .. i am expecting a few blitzes just to get ben out the comfort zone but thats dangerous considering he can pick you off throu eye of a needle. i havent backed steelers yet just waiting or the news if he plays but i backed the under @1.98
By:
HARRY22
When: 19 Dec 11 22:59
Will be surprised if mendenhall gets 50 yards..you cant run on this team,d13 the niners have scored more pts than the steelers this season so dont see how the niners couldnt keep up with them
By:
chingachgook
When: 19 Dec 11 23:05
49ers price shortening,news on Big Ben getting out??
By:
KJPG
When: 19 Dec 11 23:06
Ben to start.
By:
KJPG
When: 19 Dec 11 23:07
mind you he's limping badly
By:
Beaniash
When: 19 Dec 11 23:08
yeah can barely throw the thing
By:
Beaniash
When: 19 Dec 11 23:09
1 hit n hes finished
By:
KJPG
When: 19 Dec 11 23:31
they'll be straight after that ankle
By:
d13phe
When: 19 Dec 11 23:32
How long have you been watching big ben

Cannot remember him ever playing without an injury.

I just prefer the steelers offense Harry. I think the 49ers have had a very easy schedule and they won't be able to field goal the steelers to death.
By:
Dr.Cypionate
When: 19 Dec 11 23:36
beanish has been watching since september d13, he knows his stuff now!Wink
By:
Beaniash
When: 19 Dec 11 23:37
injury is an injury has to affect him but well see
By:
Beaniash
When: 19 Dec 11 23:42
you can only beat whos put infront of you
By:
d13phe
When: 19 Dec 11 23:45
just spent a few hous doing some bowl research

anyone got any fancies

quite big on alabama and oklahoma
By:
chingachgook
When: 19 Dec 11 23:48
missed field goal in this????
yards hard to come by and should be a few kicked from range
Akers 6 missed from 42
Suisham 6 missed from 24
By:
Dr.Cypionate
When: 19 Dec 11 23:49

Dec 19, 2011 -- 6:45PM, d13phe wrote:

just spent a few hous doing some bowl researchanyone got any fanciesquite big on alabama and oklahoma

think bama will beat Lsu this time.

By:
d13phe
When: 19 Dec 11 23:50
good looking bet ching
By:
Dr.Cypionate
When: 19 Dec 11 23:50
incredible money for the under now
By:
Beaniash
When: 19 Dec 11 23:51

Dec 19, 2011 -- 6:49PM, Dr.Cypionate wrote:

Dec 20, 2011 -- 12:45AM, d13phe wrote:just spent a few hous doing some bowl researchanyone got any fanciesquite big on alabama and oklahomathink bama will beat Lsu this time.

oh dear ... another numpty throwing money away

By:
judorick
When: 19 Dec 11 23:55
fancy 49ers to win in a tight game and low scoring

not sure the prices are there to bet
By:
d13phe
When: 19 Dec 11 23:59
big ben doesnt look in good shape there

no pre game bet for me

will wait and see