Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tiny dave
08 Sep 11 12:18
| Topic/replies: 16,242 | Blogger: tiny dave's blog
excited for the first game of season so thought get thread up early

what's everyone thoughts on tonights game?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 174
By:
d13phe
When: 08 Sep 11 12:29
I think New Orleans are going to be quite a force this year.

that being said Green Bay are obviously big favourites at home but I feel like I am happy to take on Green Bay at the current prices.

Its going to be an interesting year as the lockout will have effected some teams (especially with rookies) more than others.
By:
tiny dave
When: 08 Sep 11 13:03
i think GB will win but feel the better value is with Saints and they WILL trade lower (imo)

but sadly i will be betting pre match and watching tomorrow afternoon on sky+ so i will have to bet on what i feel outcome will be
By:
grayhawk
When: 08 Sep 11 13:05
So excited you put the thread up twice Dave Grin

Should be a cracker with these two teams ending up in NFC championship game for me......

Only bet i'll be having is Jermichael Finley anytime TD scorer at 7-5.
By:
kingmax
When: 08 Sep 11 13:16
i do fancy green bay tonight but NO will be very strong this year i feel... going to go NO on the +'s
By:
tiny dave
When: 08 Sep 11 13:35
i was looking at pass for first touchdown but hoping get slightly better odds
By:
Si-K
When: 08 Sep 11 18:25
wheres the money going guys?

Havnt followed pre season
By:
Si-K
When: 08 Sep 11 18:38
Anybody find stats on how well superbowl champs start their first game?

i.e do they have hangoverr?
By:
grayhawk
When: 08 Sep 11 18:49
Si-k Keep this to yourself ........the last ten Superbowl winners have won their home opener the following season......don't go running your mouth mind Grin
By:
Si-K
When: 08 Sep 11 18:58
Cool Gb its is then 31 - 17
By:
horse9
When: 08 Sep 11 19:35
Yeah the NFL started the Thur night league curtain raiser with reigning superbowl champs at home in 2002, every home team has won (not sure whether they've all covered though).

Brees and the Saints were the first set of players to practice during the lockout so you might think they have a yard on the Packers who did nothing as a group until the lockout was over, the trouble for the Saints is that the Packers go into this game with a stronger roster than they did at any time last year which to me is a scary thought.
I'm not sure it'll be a close game but if it is it's worth noting that Saint kicker Hartley went down for the Saints who then signed John Kasay who at 41 is not improving - he missed a 39 yard FG attempt and a PAT in the last pre-season game.
Saints go into this game missing a couple on defence and as Rodgers proved his entrance into the elite group of QBs last year and having arguably the best group of targets in the league, I can only see a Pack win.

Packers -4 for me and I'll play -7 as well.
By:
tenpins
When: 08 Sep 11 20:17
Good write up and useful info there horse..cheers for that.
By:
skyblues
When: 08 Sep 11 20:39
Im pretty sure they have covered 8 times out off the 10 its definatly a high amount anyhow.

I like pack here, but im put off betting them with the fact the saints can score quickly and could get the game close.
Im more toward the over here tonight with both teams pass 1st and both have very good deep targets we could get a decent opening nite score.

For people looking at bigger odds, pack- and overs double may pay if you like that risk.

Jennings for me 1st td and jimmy graham anytime for the saints, feel he will have a very good season for the saints.
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 08 Sep 11 21:45
only 2 hours 45 mins to go Grin football is back
By:
Si-K
When: 08 Sep 11 21:53
HUT HUT TOUCHDOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN
By:
Zippie..the..hippie
When: 08 Sep 11 22:00
I honestly think tonights game is a coin toss

Therefore the 3.4 for NO is massive.

The Saints skill position players have been holding thier own "Private" mini camp with Drew Brees and could be sharper that the Pack who have been at home like most players working out.

The Saints were banged up last year but early in the year they could jump all over the Packers here.

I have had a very solid bet on the Saints as the value is too good to turn down

I have backed them straight up and on the Handicapps

GL and enjoy the start of the new Season

Rams at 140 are my outsiders this year
By:
the nugget
When: 08 Sep 11 22:14
Green Bays defence will struggle early season imho, they have been lacking intensity and cohesion all pre season. That unit appears to be suffering from a super bowl hangover. However zippie there will be no they could jump all over the Packers here The saints remain a pretty average team out of a dome imho and if the Saints were banged up last year what were the packers? Shocked

I expect both teams to move the ball freely with Lambeau Field just getting the Packers over the line. 3.40 is a big price.
By:
History Maker
When: 08 Sep 11 22:17
If you're staying up, and have ESPN, tune into the first half hour of the Arizona Wildcats at the Oklahoma State Cowboys.

College football is much more fun than the NFL.
By:
youuo
When: 08 Sep 11 22:31
If you're staying up, and have ESPN, tune into the first half hour of the Arizona Wildcats at the Oklahoma State Cowboys.

College football is much more fun than the NFL.

Not a fan of college football myself, always high scoring though.

I cant wait to hear from JOE BUCK and all the sky sports crew. I actually quite enjoy their analysis, I'd have to go for home advantage. The crowd will be buzzing!
By:
the nugget
When: 08 Sep 11 22:47
College football is good for a laugh and easy viewing but comes nowhere near the NFL imho. Lacks intensity and is full of mug spread offences and cr*p defences that cannot be bothered to tackle.
By:
sweetbike
When: 08 Sep 11 22:49
Like Jennings 1st TD tonight, not original bt he makes up big part of that offense. Season preview for some contenders here: http://likebuyingmoney.blogspot.com/
By:
claimingseven
When: 08 Sep 11 22:54
Green Bay -4.

Green Bays defence gave up an average of 15 points per game last season. I think Reggie Bush will be a huge loss for the Saints. It will take Ingrim a few games to get into the NFL and i dont rate Sproles so its up to Drew Brees tonight to move the offence. With Jermichael Finley back tonight for Green Bay i just think that they have more weapons on offence and a better defence to negate Drew Brees.

Great to have the NFL back Happy
By:
NonShy..
When: 08 Sep 11 23:01
gb for me - can't stay up though... gym at 6, work at 8 CryCryCry

roll on sunday 5.30pm!
By:
NonShy..
When: 08 Sep 11 23:05
gb+2.5 at 1.36 not much... is better value than gb 1.43

f*ck it... i'll go for gb win as think it'll be by 10 tonight
By:
The Prophet Of Profit
When: 08 Sep 11 23:14
Hey horse. Any fancys on the outright spreads this year? Tampa outright at 8 is all I can see. Like a few player markets though.
By:
RescueMe.
When: 08 Sep 11 23:39
why am i thinking this could be an abnormally low scoring game for these two offense powerhouses?
UNDERS SURELY!
By:
ManWithNoName
When: 08 Sep 11 23:42
Moore is out, but Brees has plenty of other targets. GB's O line is considered a weak spot, but Rodgers has a lot of savvy and pretty good mobility and doesn't get sacked v often. So G Bay for me as I think Saints will over commit on the blitz and get burned by Driver and Jennings.
By:
danzol44
When: 09 Sep 11 00:16
UNDERS for me

any link please????
By:
Dr.Cypionate
When: 09 Sep 11 00:18
NO MARKETS ARE LOADING..SITES **** UP ON THE 1ST NIGHT!
By:
Randle
When: 09 Sep 11 00:20
Let's all go to betdack, Let's all go to betdack
By:
incaseof
When: 09 Sep 11 00:22
Oh great start off the season, betfair. feck feck feck
By:
Dr.Cypionate
When: 09 Sep 11 00:23
betfair mobile works..that happened and i had left a load of money up in the college then!..had to go on mobile to cancel it..tosspots!
By:
Si-K
When: 09 Sep 11 00:26
NFL markets have never worked for me except earlier. cmon Gbay
By:
Dr.Cypionate
When: 09 Sep 11 00:28
working now
By:
-Morgan-
When: 09 Sep 11 00:29
start the effing match. coverage is **** so farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................
By:
SirSteve
When: 09 Sep 11 00:32
any link please? Sad
By:
rollitup
When: 09 Sep 11 00:40
http://mumbojumbo-080911.blogspot.com/p/channel-1.html
By:
PRO25
When: 09 Sep 11 00:40
Love both teams, should be a great match !!!

Have Laid the Packers big at 1.43.

Seems very short against a good Saints team !!

Expecting a high scoring game here and hopefully a flip-flop or 2 !!!

LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
SirSteve
When: 09 Sep 11 00:42
how do ya make that link work? the whole link didnt come up?
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Sep 11 00:43
GL fellas and may the new season bring you luck...greatest sport on the planet is back Grin
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com