Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
skyblues
28 Apr 11 19:52
| Topic/replies: 1,518 | Blogger: skyblues's blog
Yeah its not worth watching and all that, but as its the only nfl action for a little while, is anyone elose staying up to watch a little online tonight?
Shame no liquidity in any markets for a few fun bets.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 94
By:
punkha1
When: 28 Apr 11 20:49
Can this be watched online for free or do you have to sign up for gamepass/nfl thingy?
By:
grayhawk
When: 28 Apr 11 21:05
Live on ESPN......SKY plus for me and watch tomorrow morning.....or should i watch the wedding coverage Grin
By:
d13phe
When: 28 Apr 11 21:35
Be interesting to see if the panthers take Newton. It looks pretty much nailed on but I don't reckon he will do much to improve them. They still don't have a defends since peppers left.
By:
Cockney Kid
When: 28 Apr 11 21:38
i guarantee Cam Newton will be a bust. About as many red flags as you can want, and i am certain wont be able to read NFL defences. If Carolina draft him no1, expect another 3-5 years of no progress. Patrick Peterson looks like a lock for a star NFl player. The biggest thing I notice from drafts is how poor most Defensive ends, and to a lesser extent defensive tackles are taken high up. Vernon Gholston, Aaron Mayblin, Larry English, Derrick Harvey all busts within 2 years. If you look at the NFL, the top DE's often have come later (exceptions of course).

However my hot tip (for what its worth) is Ryan kerrigan will turn out the steal of the first round. Increasing production through his years, most forced fumbles in his final year plus second for sacks, consistently productive yet will go around 16 as perceived as unathletic (below about 3 DE's including absurdly robert quinn who will be another bust) despite a 4.68 40 time. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about why  viewed as unathletic (same reason Jared allen was viewed as this and went in the 4th round) but this guy will be a star. just hope he doesn't go to the jags

anyone else got any players they are looking out for?
By:
d13phe
When: 28 Apr 11 21:49
The quarterback from TCU (andy dalton)- Is the most accomplished QB I have seen in the college system for years. I don't watch a whole lot of college stuff admittedly

He doesn't seem to have the hype that some of the other guys have but he is going to be a very good franchise QB.
By:
skyblues
When: 28 Apr 11 22:19
Well im mainly looking out for who the chiefs pick tbh, id love a wr to go with bowe but think they go oline or dt again.

Talking of d line busts tyson jackson at 3 from us 2 years ago could go down as a bust if he doesnt step up this season.

Ive fallen off a little from the draft talk this season usually well involved, main players im looking out for are aj green, ryan mallet and mark ingram who is slipping like he is on ice.

Can watch the draft live on nfl.com i think.
By:
skyblues
When: 28 Apr 11 22:31
is it unreasonable to think the bengals or cards take gabbert at 4 or 5. I can see either off these 2 teams taking him tempted to bet but also cinci could go wr and cards need help all over.
By:
Phi Gamma Delta
When: 28 Apr 11 22:32
I agree with you Cockney Kid. Cam Newton bust written all over him. He is a fantastic athlete, but does he have the ability to read defenses pre-snap and during his drop back? He had a simple offense to run at Auburn where all he had to do was make one read and if the receiver wasn't open he would run.
Patrick Peterson looks too big to play corner in the NFL. He reminds me of Micheal Jenkins or Tebucky Jones, bigger corners who couldn't turn their hips quick enough to play corner in the NFL and ended up at free safety.
Kerrigan looks like he will be a steal for someone. I'm hoping the Patriots get him if they stay put in the 1st round.
The player who I think will be the biggest steal though is Roy Helu Jr the running back from Nebraska. He looks like he has it all and in a down year for running backs I hope he is still around in the 3rd round for the Patriots.
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 28 Apr 11 22:40
lads

why does the NFL season only last 5 months

Surely the demand is there to extend this for another couple of months

Have noticed on both sky and espn weekly nfl programmes going over latest news and discussing teams.
This seems strange with new season so far away.
By:
Cockney Kid
When: 28 Apr 11 22:44
When I look at this draft, I just don't see any top drawer quarterbacks. Compared to Stafford, Bradford, Ryan etc taken early none compare, and if andrew luck was in from Stanford rather than going back for a year he would be no 1 by a mile. Difference is so many teams need a qb. I think if anyone was to become an elite qb it would be Ryan Mallet. Clearly a maturity issue, but can make throws, comfortable in pro style offence etc. a real boom or bust pick.

I also think New Enland may take JJ Watt as a front 3 man.

Finally re skyblues i would add Glenn Dorsey to the list of kansas DL busts who for a number 3 (?) pick seems to have done very little, whilst lower ranked guys like tamba ali and the tight end whose name i forget seem to have done well
By:
Cockney Kid
When: 28 Apr 11 22:46
they are trying to extend the season but player bodies just take such a beating that if you did say 30 games the superbowl you'd have so many injuries you'd need your punter to play tight end
By:
skyblues
When: 28 Apr 11 22:54
moeaki was a steal hali was around 16th-18th i think 1st rd and his engine is immense, dorset defo on the bust side but im more concerned with jackson at moment.
Thinking gabbert now slips past 5 after reading some cards reports with green going at 4, just dont know weather to have an intrest bet at 5/6.
Id like to bet marcell at 2 but cant see me getting a bet on.
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 28 Apr 11 23:05
cheers cockney

Thought it must be to do with impact on the players bodies.
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 28 Apr 11 23:06
IS TOM PETTY DOING THE HALF TIME SHOW???
By:
the nugget
When: 28 Apr 11 23:09
Picks 7-12 are going to have a huge impact on this draft should be fascinating viewing if certain players slip as there are many teams from 13-22 who are keen to trade down.
By:
the nugget
When: 28 Apr 11 23:34
Wish Bill would STFU
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:03
newt number 1.
By:
the nugget
When: 29 Apr 11 00:07
1.02 landed
By:
GoBallistic
When: 29 Apr 11 00:08
The only good news for Carolina is that they probably won't have to pay him $50m
By:
the nugget
When: 29 Apr 11 00:13
Thomas, Tebow and now Von Miller LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:27
cmon cards go peterson and take qb early 2nd. You know it makes sense.
By:
the nugget
When: 29 Apr 11 00:29
Apparently the Falcons came very close to securing a deal to go and pick AJ green there, they are trying to make a move for Julio Jones now. Interesting if they find some way to get him ahead of the Browns.
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:30
id be happy with that.
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:31
get in.
By:
GoBallistic
When: 29 Apr 11 00:31
4 v good players from 2 - 5
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:33
3 more qbs in this rd and 3 more runs in the mets game and im off to bed happy.
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:33
atl move up to 6th pick.
By:
scoobytoo
When: 29 Apr 11 00:37
giving up far too much IMO
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:38
man thats costly 21 spots. 2nd and 4th this year and 1st and 4th next year jeez.
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:38
for a wr and you have a number 1 wr already, defo give up too much imho.
By:
GoBallistic
When: 29 Apr 11 00:40
Surprising to see Atlanta reach like that
By:
skyblues
blaine to go here?
By:
the nugget
Might be a surprise with Aldon Smith taken here, will be a mistake.
By:
scoobytoo
Gabbert next to SF (imo)
By:
inner city sumo
When: 29 Apr 11 00:41
I am unhappy with that move. Very unlike what we've done in recent seasons. Should have waited our turn and picked up the best TE on the board at that time. Sad
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:42
And they tried to get to 4 for aj green, a bit diffrent for him imo as he seems to be very special, but this moves seems a bit risky and maybe a desperation pick when they didnt need 1.
By:
skyblues
good shout nugget.
By:
the nugget
Told you guys Silly
By:
skyblues
When: 29 Apr 11 00:44
blaine goes next 2 picks?