Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hami
19 Dec 10 21:45
| Topic/replies: 2,972 | Blogger: Hami's blog
what yas reckon? i know the pats should be favs but i just think there a little to short at almost 1-10?  are green bay missing any key men or what?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 123
By:
HARRY22
When: 19 Dec 10 21:50
my thoughts sky+ it and have an early night Cool
By:
DAVID HASSELHOFF
When: 19 Dec 10 22:01
from covers.com

The Green Bay Packers got a glimpse of life without quarterback Aaron Rodgers last week and it was not a pretty sight.

It could be even uglier this week if Rodgers is unable to play when the Packers travel to New England on Sunday night to take on the surging Patriots.

Rodgers suffered his second concussion of the season in last week's 7-3 loss at Detroit, a defeat that could have serious ramifications on the playoff hopes of Green Bay (8-5).

The Packers have a killer schedule to close the season that includes games against the Patriots, New York Giants and NFC North-leading Chicago Bears - teams that sport a collective 28-11 record.

A decision on Rodgers' status is not expected to be made by Saturday at the earliest. He also suffered a concussion at Washington on Oct. 10 but returned the following week. If Rodgers can’t go, Matt Flynn will get the start.

Rodgers has not missed a game since taking over as the starter in 2008 and the Packers can ill afford his absence if they hope to keep pace with a New England juggernaut that is averaging a league-best 31.9 points per game.

The Patriots (11-2) have won five straight games en route to clinching a playoff berth and tying the Atlanta Falcons for the league’s best record.

New England is averaging 39.2 points per game during the winning streak that includes victories over the Pittsburgh Steelers, Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets and Chicago Bears.

The last two wins have been among the more impressive of the Bill Belichick era. The Patriots outscored the Jets and Bears – a pair of nine-win teams – by a combined score of 81-10.

Tom Brady has moved to the front of the league’s MVP race during that stretch. He has thrown 29 touchdowns against just four interceptions on the season and has not been picked off in eight games.

Despite playing on a snowy field and throwing in winds that gusted up to 50 mph at times, Brady carved up the Bears last week, throwing for 369 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Deion Branch had eight receptions for 151 yards and a touchdown and Wes Welker added eight catches for 115 yards as New England did the Packers a favor and kept them within one game of the Bears in the NFC North.

That offense will pose a stiff test for a Green Bay defense that has allowed an NFL-low 189 points on the season. Not to mention New England is 6-0 at home this season and Brady owns the league record, having registered 26 consecutive regular-season home victories.

It’s not exactly the type of environment for Flynn to make his first career start. He has attempted just 46 passes in three years, 26 of which came in the loss to the Lions. Flynn completed 15 of them for 177 yards and an interception.

The Packers typically have an edge on most opponents when it comes to winter-weather games. That won’t be the case against New England, which is an NFL-best 19-1at home in December since 2002.
By:
Hami
When: 19 Dec 10 22:21
ahhh , thanks for that , might just go for overs in the game then
By:
Ross8481
When: 19 Dec 10 22:30
Think Flynn will have to have the game of his life.

Think GB will have enough to stop the spread win, dont think it will go overs, with GB playing for their lives
By:
good value losers
When: 19 Dec 10 22:56
hmmm sadly think this has the hallmarks of a non-event. maybe pats fans will get a hardon from watching it, but not worth staying up for the neutrals.
By:
baxter152
When: 19 Dec 10 22:57
Pats could hit triple digits tonight CoolLaughLaugh
By:
Oh no!! not another Villa fan
When: 19 Dec 10 22:58
Whats the weather like in New England?
By:
grayhawk
When: 19 Dec 10 23:07
For the Packers to have ANY chance they have to get to Brady and i can't see it happening....their defensive front has taken a shellacking and is held together with sticky back plastic Sad

Would help in more ways than one if they could run the ball ( take pressure off back up qb and keep Brady off field ) but we all know they can't. Cry

Packers haven't lost a game by more than four points all season long but will be shocked if that's still the case after the game.
By:
d13phe
When: 19 Dec 10 23:15
I think the packers D could be big in this game . Pats to win but not by that much
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 19 Dec 10 23:21
agree

pats will win, but not by mile, just half a mile
By:
d13phe
When: 19 Dec 10 23:27
Backed packers at odds against with 13 points. This is their season and I still think pats have holes in their team.

If the packers can get to Brady this becomes a close matchup.
By:
curious-cat
When: 19 Dec 10 23:30
But Rodgers won't play, leaving Flynn to run Green Bay's offense. The third-year pro out of LSU threw for 177 yards and an interception in relief of Rodgers last Sunday, and wide receiver Donald Driver expressed confidence in Flynn.

"I think we had fun (this week)," Driver said Friday. "It didn't slow anything down. Everything was kept the same. The pace was like going with Aaron. You'd think you would have to nix some things and work some things out, but no. It was just like we don't miss a beat."

McCarthy echoed Driver's sentiments, telling Madison's The Big 1070 that Flynn impressed him with two good days of practice.
By:
tay
When: 19 Dec 10 23:33
Anyone seen the pitch? Is it covered in snow? Thanks
By:
grayhawk
When: 19 Dec 10 23:36
d13phe....this isn't the Packers season, with todays results all going their way they will make the play-offs if they beat the Giants and Bears at home.
By:
d13phe
When: 19 Dec 10 23:39
fair enough grey. I forgot they had 2 home games albeit tough ones.
By:
grayhawk
When: 19 Dec 10 23:51
No problem mate...they could win tonight and beat the Bears and still miss the play-offs......the next game against the Giants is a one they must win.
By:
Only-the-Brave
When: 20 Dec 10 00:10
pats win easily here.  Flynn is awful.
By:
ocean0201
When: 20 Dec 10 00:22
what is the view on Packers +13.5... they lack offensive strength today but the defense is not that bad... at 2.12 are they worth a bet?
By:
lambers1
When: 20 Dec 10 00:23
cold but no snow   43.5 pts over should be covered by half time!
By:
MeatIsMurder
When: 20 Dec 10 00:24
I've gone for Brady over 251.5 yards at 10/11.
Just fail to see how the Patriots won't have 37 mins possession.
By:
Only-the-Brave
When: 20 Dec 10 00:26
late money all for the pats.

Pats winning margin over 12, pats -7.5, and pats -13.5 for me.  GL.
By:
Live Forever
When: 20 Dec 10 00:32
Laugh

Great start!
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
bill seething Laugh
By:
baxter152
NICEEEEEEEELaughLaugh
By:
grayhawk
When: 20 Dec 10 00:34
That field looks like a carpet....not like a usual Foxboro one.
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 20 Dec 10 00:35
been field turf for about 3 years now
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 20 Dec 10 00:36
i tell a lie

4 years and a month
By:
grayhawk
When: 20 Dec 10 00:37
Shows how much i've been concentrating Cry either that or it's me new telly Grin
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 20 Dec 10 00:39
it is a diff type of field turf this year to comply with fifa regs but it looks the same
By:
MeatIsMurder
When: 20 Dec 10 00:43
Awful start for my bet Cool
By:
ocean0201
When: 20 Dec 10 00:45
good start for me [:p]
By:
Randle
When: 20 Dec 10 00:51
try
By:
ocean0201
TD pats
By:
Dr.Cypionate
wtf was that D!
By:
[x] These checkboxes suck
too easy
By:
Dr.Cypionate
When: 20 Dec 10 00:54
3rd and 17 and the d1ckhead rushes 3!
By:
grayhawk
When: 20 Dec 10 00:56
Capers has been doing that for two years and it has stunk yet he still keeps doing it.....bout the only thing he does wrong.
By:
Randle
When: 20 Dec 10 01:10
try
By:
[x] These checkboxes suck
When: 20 Dec 10 01:10
WTF
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page