Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SteelCurtain
13 Dec 10 18:01
| Topic/replies: 1,265 | Blogger: SteelCurtain's blog
AFC steelers Vs pats  NFC eagles Vs falcons  imo
Pause Switch to Standard View conference games
Show More
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 13, 2010 7:06 PM GMT
nah
Report SteelCurtain December 13, 2010 7:16 PM GMT
what are your 4 ?
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 13, 2010 7:18 PM GMT
chargers @ patriots

giants @ saints
Report SteelCurtain December 13, 2010 7:31 PM GMT
maybe its still wide open we could be both wrong it making 4 a great season no one really knows who's goning 2 the superbowl at this stage, cant c the chargers going through if they have 2 go through pittsburgh in january but thats just my opinion.
Report horse9 December 13, 2010 8:13 PM GMT
Chargers have the talent to beat anyone in the league IMO, they still need plenty to go their way to make the play offs but if they make it they can win anywhere.
Pats form looks a little ominous and I'd be surprised if the Ravens weren't involved in the shake up
Report HARRY22 December 14, 2010 2:47 AM GMT
Eagles v saints
ravens v steelers

if they get in and get their players fit i still think the colts can do it.
Report db1974 December 14, 2010 1:27 PM GMT
Can't see the Chargers doing it TBH (hope I'm wrong though)

They're awful on the road
Report horse9 December 14, 2010 7:28 PM GMT
db - the Chiefs have been just as bad on the road.
I think the Chargers are a team not to trust as they've proved in recent weeks by handing out a lesson the Colts in Indy, then getting outplayed at home against the Raiders.
What I am saying is that if they somehow nick the division they are a dangerous team who could surprise a few in the play offs, the talent is there, they just rarely put together 4 full quarters from all 3 components of the team
Report The Prophet Of Profit December 15, 2010 5:16 AM GMT
Jags v Chiefs
Buccs v Seahawks

At which point ace high goes to fix the aerial on his roof ala rod hull
Report db1974 December 15, 2010 11:00 AM GMT
horse9 - I think they'll win the division. After that though, if they avoid the Ravens they should win the Wild-card round. Can't see them beating either the Steelers or the Patriots though, especially away from home.
Report db1974 December 15, 2010 11:05 AM GMT
Pacekers are currently 16/1 with Stanleys for the NFC which is too big IMO
Report HARRY22 December 15, 2010 7:05 PM GMT
DB its an awful bet, packers are a superb team when everyone is available,they would of cruised into the playoffs..D is still very good,without rodgers they are done, lose in new england and its 8-6,giants and chicago to come,unfortunately they have had no luck with injuries,horrible price
Report SteelCurtain December 15, 2010 7:30 PM GMT
cant wait 4 the play-offs 2 come round in january harry, let it snow let it snow let it snow [:)]
Report HARRY22 December 15, 2010 7:44 PM GMT
I know the pats beat up the steelers and seem to have this hold...im kind of coming round to steeler nation lol..i like the colts if they make it it if addai and a few others get healthy...saints in the NFC are still the team to beat.snow in pittsburgh=playoff football Cool
Report SteelCurtain December 15, 2010 7:54 PM GMT
was snowing a week ago more expected sunday, what a strange world we live im thinking the eagles can go all the way.
Report HARRY22 December 15, 2010 8:14 PM GMT
Well i hope so being an eagle fan..away at the rams or 49ers would be a nice game to have Grin..Steelers D seems to be peaking
Report SteelCurtain December 15, 2010 8:31 PM GMT
good job D is peeking the way the offense is playing but its always been that way since i can remember, big big game on sunday v the jets will tell us alot about both teams when it is finshed.
Report HARRY22 December 15, 2010 8:33 PM GMT
Well i remember when they won it...their offence was poor until around week 10,they are leaving it a bit late to get it going, no santonio holmes this time and heinz ward a few years older.
Report HARRY22 December 15, 2010 8:34 PM GMT
eagles could do with ellis hobbs and asante back...that will tighten up their weak spot as they are stopping the run ok this season
Report SteelCurtain December 15, 2010 8:45 PM GMT
hope sky are showing the eagles gaints game on sunday at 6 steelers jets on at 9.15 just says red zone at 6 ? lets hope both new york teams lose this sunday [;)]
Report horse9 December 15, 2010 8:48 PM GMT
No live 6pm game, just the Steelers/Jets 9.15 game.
Redzone for final 3 weeks I think
Report SteelCurtain December 15, 2010 8:58 PM GMT
i can watch the red zone on my laptop ffs i like 2 watch a whole game hope sky aint going 2 mess things up missed last sunday at 6.
Report horse9 December 15, 2010 9:02 PM GMT
Halling said that they're trialling it for these 3 weeks at 6pm but keeping the 9.15 game in its' entirety.
I guess everyone needs to provide feedback and if the weight of comments are negative they'll reverse it for next season.
I'm prepared to give it a go, I have between 10-15 bets running on every game so it is of some interest for me, but I'll have to see it working before judging
Report HARRY22 December 15, 2010 9:09 PM GMT
I think it will flop and rightly so...ive not seen any positive comments as yet from anyone who likes it.
Report SteelCurtain December 15, 2010 9:19 PM GMT
i can c it from the point of view if your having a bet on alot of matchs u want 2 c the scores as they go in,but from a fans point of view u want 2 c your teams whole game, time will tell anyway im going 4 a eagles/steelers double as my bet sunday gl all.
Report horse9 December 15, 2010 9:52 PM GMT
Yep, I think it'll flop too, but I'd like to see it first.
From a punting point of view being glued to NFL.com when you're £20 long of shirts in a game and one of them are in the red zone, and you're waiting for the 'touchdown' to appear, then to read the play to see who scored the TD, if redzone switched live then I'd be able to watch it.
I can see it working but there's no question the weight of comments so far are negative.
Apparently they do this in the German Bundesliga and it's a massive hit over there, not a perfect yardtick I accept
Report The Prophet Of Profit December 16, 2010 1:36 AM GMT
Not sure how it would work for soccer.  Showing the goals straight after theyre scored, sure, but not live...nothing happens most of the time.

Redzone sounds good for gamblers, but it should be a red button option in fairness to non-degenerates.
Report The Prophet Of Profit December 16, 2010 1:38 AM GMT
horse9 - you have 10-15 bets going per game? Wow, you are the kind of sick gamblers.

I take it youre a spread bettor?  We need more spread betting discussion on this forum.  Its my favorite way to bet nfl.
Report Lifetaker December 16, 2010 2:43 AM GMT
Caution ;

This season has been a ' PARANIODS  SEASON ' for Gambling Knowing American's need for cash.
Remember the way point's were scored  [;)]

Well It's Down to the ; Business End,
Expect Strong Dominating Preformances & Expect the Betting not to fluctuate as much.

Mischief Devil
Report HARRY22 December 16, 2010 2:51 AM GMT
when was the last time the patriots were at least 7 points down in a game??
Report Lifetaker December 16, 2010 2:56 AM GMT
?? ... Was it ; Last season V the saint's ?? [;)] Laugh

Mischief Devil
Report HARRY22 December 16, 2010 3:01 AM GMT
yes the saints went through them like a knife through butter Grin
Report db1974 December 16, 2010 11:36 AM GMT
HARRY22
when was the last time the patriots were at least 7 points down in a game??

Obviously they have lost 2 games this season by more than 7 pts but I presume you know that!

Do you mean when they've won a game having been at least 7 points down at some stage?

@ Lions on Thanksgiving they were 11pts down with 10mins to go in the 1st half and 7pts down at HT
Report HARRY22 December 16, 2010 3:26 PM GMT
ahh of course the lions game..
Report db1974 December 16, 2010 4:54 PM GMT
I have a sneaky feeling that you're taking the wee-wee out of me
Report HARRY22 December 16, 2010 5:09 PM GMT
?? no i was trying to think when they went behind in a game....i backed lions and put all my green on patriots so should of knew that
Report horse9 December 16, 2010 6:57 PM GMT
Prophet - I'm not proud to admit that my weekly liability could pay the mortgage for a year, and yes it's mostly spreads. Stress levels peak around 8.45pm then again around midnight, I gave up trying to sleep after an NFL Sunday in 2002 !
I think there are only 2 genuine sports where spreads offer value, NFL and cricket, otherwise the fixed industry has caught up and overtaken spreads.
Report HARRY22 December 16, 2010 8:04 PM GMT
If it works horse keep up the good workCool
Report horse9 December 16, 2010 8:46 PM GMT
There have been many holidays and a few nice cars, also more than one re-mortgage request !
2010 has been a battle but I'm surviving, and I can chill out in Feb (then fire up for Cheltenham)
Report SteelCurtain December 16, 2010 9:32 PM GMT
i know what u mean horse about not sleeping after a NFL game, didnt sleep much on the 5/2/6 or the 1/2/9 happy days [:)][:)]
Report horse9 December 16, 2010 10:50 PM GMT
Steel - with a name like that you shoulda been drinking Bolly till sunrise !
Report The Prophet Of Profit December 17, 2010 2:00 AM GMT
1/2/9 one of the worst nights of my life.  Had a big green position on the cards (got em at 40s and 20s), and didnt even think of laying off.  In fact, topped up at 2/1 before the game!  Nightmare.

horse - you must get involved on stuff like FG yardage and all that jazz then?  I just stick to performances, win index, multi-points and player performances myself.  May look into other markets over the summer.

Youre right about stress levels btw.  Im usually emotionally spent after the 6pm games.  Genereally turn the tv/score centre off till the 2nd half of the later games.  Need the break to regain composure!
Report SteelCurtain December 17, 2010 3:31 PM GMT
all this stress the NFL  give us lads, thats y we love it best game in the world by far, GL 2 all whichever team u r pulling 4, alot of big games should b a great weekend.
Report skyblues December 17, 2010 7:38 PM GMT
Not a big fan of redzone tbh when ive watched it myself, i was sure it was a little delayed aswell but maybe i was drunk.
At 1st it was good but now i wouldnt watch it over a certain game myself.

Onto the conferance front, I really dont know still who could win it, i really think the way the season has gone some low prices are gonna be burnt. I wont be betting any shorties thats for sure and the seeds could definatly get turned over with such a topsy turvey season.
My chiefs wont be winning it thats for sure.
Report Help2 December 19, 2010 3:29 PM GMT
Charges or jets for me... New england is it the obvious choice.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com