Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
HARRY22
31 Oct 10 16:58
| Topic/replies: 1,912 | Blogger: HARRY22's blog
5/2, are they really going to be so bad tonight?

Denver put up some numbers v the jets and were so close to winning.  Packers definetley have the scoring power to keep this close.
Show More
Report The real Moaner January 23, 2011 11:27 PM GMT
You never know til it's over - but the Packers had regressed to a Prevent D so it was still pretty safe.

Think GB may struggle defensively against Pittsburgh but should be clear favs. over NYJ.
Report horse9 January 23, 2011 11:48 PM GMT
Class told Harry but they made it much harder than it should've been.
Heart on mouth for most of the 4th quarter, but at least they got there
Report HowieTheRookie. January 24, 2011 1:41 AM GMT
Jay Cutler getting a load of stick on Twitter

Darnell Dockett: “If I’m on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!”
Report HARRY22 January 24, 2011 1:56 AM GMT
yes horse but you have to expect these kind of game in any sport...it cant be plain sailing,that would be too easy..they failed to put the bears away early in the 2nd,nearly paid for it.not a cutler fan but he may of pulled them back in it.
Report CJ January 24, 2011 1:52 PM GMT
Ok Cheeseheads, what are we doing with the huge greens we all have? Thinking about a 3:1 profit split with mine. The Steelers will be really tough, but think the conditions will suit us big time, so expect a GB win (of course!) but as i didn't bet us for the Conf. i'm gonna take a piece out.
Report grayhawk January 24, 2011 3:08 PM GMT
That's around the same as me CJ.....i wouldn't be able to live with myself if they got beat and i never took anything out of it......yesterday was bad enough and they were well on top most of the game, think i'll be having a heart attack if it's tight in the Superbowl and i've never laid any off.

Next two weeks are gonna drag....can't wait for it......Go Pack Go HappyHappyHappy
Report HARRY22 January 24, 2011 3:51 PM GMT
We were all bold letting it ride through the chicago game...2 weeks to decide so enjoy the build up packers..i feel like a packer fan now...its been a long ride lol
Report horse9 January 24, 2011 10:16 PM GMT
My biggest position is a spread, bought Pack at 34 for quite lumpy, guaranteed 70 for reaching superbowl, 100 if they lift the pot, the difference is around the price of a business class return to Vegas.
They're offering me 87 to get rid of it which is a fair offer, reckon I might just be too greedy though - besides I want to buy shirts in the superbowl and watch Jennings, Jones and Driver score twice in Dallas in a 42-28 win with shirts making up 870 !
Report Jebrusis January 24, 2011 10:30 PM GMT
Didn't think Rodgers had a good game yesterday could have blown it when 14-0 up and threw interception.  Packers defence playing very well and can't see Steelers scoring more than 17 points.  If Rodgers comes back to form 24-17 Packers.  Nervous though as Steelers should have been knocked out by Baltimore.
Report HARRY22 January 24, 2011 10:37 PM GMT
Who is this with horse? are u going to the states during superbowl week?
Report CJ January 25, 2011 2:23 PM GMT
Harry, you've been contributing good sense on our threads as much as anyone, we'll take all waifs and strays, even an Eagle. [;)]

GPG
Report HARRY22 January 25, 2011 3:16 PM GMT
You cant look at things with a biased opinion...as an eagles it was hard opposing them but i knew we would come up short this season....the pack havent won it yet but i always had confidence they would at least make the superbowl..job done Cool
Report horse9 January 25, 2011 7:12 PM GMT
Harry - Sporting Index.
Can't wait for the shirts line to come up...
Report HARRY22 January 25, 2011 8:20 PM GMT
Do you use these quite a bit horse?  Do they not limit you?
Report horse9 January 25, 2011 8:49 PM GMT
Harry - I'll have around 15 bets on a reg season weekend and 3 or 4 per play off game, they don't limit me because over the years I've been a big loser, I trade on quite a few sports, tennis and golf I reckon have wipe dout any NFL or cricket profit I've had but I can't resist some of the specials they do in majors or finding a value tennis match to buy games in.
To steal a phrase from their Director of Marketing, any winnings are usually money lent !
I love the spreads, favourite market is the trios - they pick one QB, RB and WR of each team and give you points for yards passed/run/received and TDs, they'll price them both in the mid 400s for the superbowl but I've seen it make up 700 before - I've also seen the QB carted off in the first quarter and it make up 120 !
The volatility of spreads !
Do you play spreads ?
Report HARRY22 January 25, 2011 9:41 PM GMT
i was trying to convince someone to throw in a few losses at online bookies just to keep them from closing or limiting online accounts...obv if you can get on the other team some where else on the opposite team..keeps them sweet Grin

Ahh you play the tennis...much prefer the NFL as a sport but i have better success with tennis....i dont play the spreads,never have,is it worth looking into? how long have you been playing them and have you had much success,you say golf and tennis wipes out the winnings but i take it you are doing well if you are throwing the stakes around each week that you do?
Report horse9 January 25, 2011 10:31 PM GMT
Harry I'm one of these who can do 30 hours of homework and make £5k on an NFL weekend then throw £2k back on a stupid football bet on a Monday night, I'm getting better but discipline has always been my issue.

I've had fixed odd accounts closed down, Hills were a disgrace, made a few quid quickly and they stopped me betting on cricket, BET365 and Stan James as well, these firms love the mug Sat punter who has a £1 yankee or puts £50 into their roulette machines, they will soon bin anyone who knows what they're doing who takes money from them, Betfair is the only way for fixed punting.

Spreads are great value on a few sports, NFL, cricket, tennis and golf, I think there's more value with fixed on most other sports. It's not for everyone, you can have a scary downside but I've paid for many cars and holidays with the good days.
Cleaned up in the Ashes, got with Eng and Eng runs - not many better feelings than being £25 long at 352 runs and watching Prior cart another boundary over long on when they're 600-7.
If you're interested in spreads, take a look at Sportings superbowl markets when they're up, they'll have around 300 markets on just about anything, if you see any you like post them up here and if I can offer any help I will.

As for tennis/golf, I like watching Wimbledon and dream of that 5th set marathon so I look to buy games at around 38 - and yes I missed out on that 72-70 game last year !
Golf, I love the match bets in the majors and behind Cheltenham and NFL my favourite sporting event of the year is the Masters, can't remember having a winning Masters since Tiger won 6 or 7 years ago (managed to buy an Audi A6 with the proceeds !) but I usually have a decent kitty after Superbowl and Cheltenham to cover it.

This year has been exceptional, got 3 big holidays lined up this year that are already paid for so at least I've managed to use the winnings on something useful. A decent Cheltenham and next years NFL kitty will be sorted !
My superbowl liability will be in the region of £15k (max up/downside), not sensible but I love the buzz and knowing I have a 7 month wait for my next NFL bet I tend to go a little overboard.
Be Lucky
Report HARRY22 January 26, 2011 2:48 AM GMT
I will have to have a look into these markets for next season but will take a look for the superbowl....last big win i had at the masters was kenny perry and he lost Grin ..125s and layed a big chunk at 1/6 when 2 clear,what a plonker he is choking his big chance...Went to chelt a few years ago,stayed in bourton on the water...some rich folk in that neck of the woods...
Report Donald Driver January 26, 2011 9:31 PM GMT
tiny dave
Date Joined: 21 Feb 08 Add contact | Send message When: 05 Dec 10 19:01 f'n joke of a side are packers

losing at home to the 49ers kind sums them up nicely
Report HARRY22 February 2, 2011 11:32 AM GMT
How are the pack fans feeling...4 days to go fellas....what are you all doing with yer book on the packers outright? took a chance not laying off v the bears...im thinking of having a saver on big ben at 3/1 rather than laying the packers...could be risky i know as harrison was named MVP v the cards but i dont see another 100 yard return Shocked  did the same last year..had the colts outright and backed brees MVP as a saver.
Report grayhawk February 2, 2011 1:43 PM GMT
I'm 75/25 split at the moment.......and fighting the urge to go nearer 65/35.....i'll probably give in come Sunday.....excitement is starting to build as well Happy think it's gonna be a cracker.
Report CJ February 2, 2011 3:19 PM GMT
I'm done now on the market, i'm roughly 70 / 30 % on the outright after taking the opening show on the Steelers at 2.3. If GB lose so be it, be i'm confident they won't.

After riding those waves when they hit 60s + we should all be thankful for any crumbs in a season when they've had no right to be finishing with a winning season, let alone a Superbowl berth.
Report HARRY22 February 2, 2011 3:37 PM GMT
yes that a good point CJ....im a lot more confident knowing big bens O line is a mess...as good as he is scrambling around the pack secondary will be waiting for his bombs downfield Grin... sam shields needs a big game,expecting him to be on wallace.
Report CJ February 2, 2011 4:59 PM GMT
Was thinking Williams will cover that speedball Wallace but you might be right. Confirmed Pouncey is OUT, can see Matthews & the freezer being very happy about that, some undrafted rookie taking his place Devil
Report HARRY22 February 2, 2011 5:35 PM GMT
I may be wrong with this one...wallace and shields 2 of the fastest in the league if you go off combine times...the lad will be full of confidence..tbf all the corners are playing like ball hawks at the moment.
Report grayhawk February 2, 2011 6:12 PM GMT
Yes Harry ..... both players are in the top five fastest in the NFL.......Shields was supposed to have done a 4:20  Shocked while at Miami.
Report horse9 February 2, 2011 8:28 PM GMT
Shrewd Harry, it'll take something special for a non QB to get the MVP so your cover makes sense to me.
I'm going to run mine, I laid the Pack v Bears at around 1.1 and they get into a similar position I will probably do the same, but I think it will be a cracking contest with flip flopping favs throughout.
I'll be pressing my overs bet (got some evens with Tote yesterday over 44.5) and I'll find several spread interests, a 42-38 Packers win works for me
Happy
Report HARRY22 February 2, 2011 9:17 PM GMT
I know a few have went 70% 30%  i dont think il be letting mine run..i cant just expect a fast start as they have done in the 3 playoff games.....i do think the pack will put up pts especially on a fast track like cowboys stadium so im expecting a few pts so im counting out any defensive MVP (I HOPE)... only danger would be mendenhall but the pack fairly rock solid against the run so ben will have to win it....also with ben not having an O line he will get extra praise if he gets the win so MVP looks nailed on if steelers win [;)]  SHIELDS to return a kick Grin
Report HARRY22 February 2, 2011 9:21 PM GMT
horse ive heard so many people saying they cant get on with bookies online..i know you dont bet in pennies so how are u still getting decent money on?
Report horse9 February 2, 2011 10:11 PM GMT
Harry - Tote will lay me anything, had an account with them for 20ish years, the rest of my fixed bets are on betfair, had accounts closed down by Hills, Bet365, Stan, these days I'd (rightly or wrongly) take a shorter price and have the convenience of having my bets in one of two places.
If I fancy a lumpy horse bet I'll go into a shop in London - where I work I have Corals, Hills and Lads within 100 yards of each other.
And for what it's worth very few of my fixed bets are that lumpy, had £500 on the overs with Tote, may have another monkey but no more, I don't bet thousands mate.
My bigger liability will be with spreads
Report HARRY22 February 3, 2011 9:04 AM GMT
Ahh i thought you put a lot of money down every sunday on the NFL...also thought you did this fulltime, didnt realise you worked also Cool
Report Ross8481 February 3, 2011 5:55 PM GMT
cannttt waiiiiiit
Report The Businessman February 3, 2011 5:58 PM GMT
Great thread, chaps. Just a couple of points:

HARRY22 - Santonio Holmes was the M.V.P. against the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII.

CJ - Maurkice Pouncey has not yet been ruled out of Sunday's game. On Sky Sports this morning (I don't know how reliable it is), Pouncey sat out yesterday's training but is expected to play.
Report horse9 February 3, 2011 6:38 PM GMT
I thought Pounceys leg was in a cast 3 days ago, he don't play IMO
Report The Businessman February 3, 2011 8:00 PM GMT
horse9, you may well be correct and it may be nothing more than bravado on Pouncey's behalf. I think that the Steelers are reserving judgment until tomorrow's practice. The following comes from the N.F.L.'s website:

Injured Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey said he won't practice on Thursday, keeping the rookie's status in doubt as Pittsburgh's Super Bowl showdown with the Green Bay Packers nears, NFL Network insider Albert Breer reported.

Pouncey -- who suffered a high left ankle sprain in Pittsburgh's AFC Championship Game win over the New York Jets -- was seen without a walking boot or crutches on Wednesday, a sign of progress for the center. But he sat out practice Wednesday and planned to do the same on Thursday, keeping his status for the Super Bowl in doubt.

Pouncey, who earned a Pro Bowl selection in his rookie season, didn't practice last week, but said Tuesday that he hoped to take the field Thursday or Friday. He has said that he won't play in the game if he can't practice by Friday.

"He's a center who's got a high ankle sprain," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said on Wednesday. "If he played a skill position, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he's an interior lineman. Whether he practices (by Friday) depends how he responds to treatment."

Backup center Doug Legursky, who could start in Pouncey's place, impressed Wednesday with his quickness to get outside on some running plays, as Tomlin has asked.

Pouncey's unlikely to be at full fitness in any case, so the question then becomes is an 85% Maurkice Pouncey more effective than a 100% Doug Legursky?
Report HARRY22 February 3, 2011 8:11 PM GMT
Businessman....Oh ur right...why did i think it was harrison Confused  tbh i dont recall seeing anyone being handed the award etc....just presumed it was...now i think about it i recall a lot of people being surprised how holmes got it
Report grayhawk February 3, 2011 8:14 PM GMT
America's game the 1996 Packers is on Sky tomorrow morning......wonder who'll be on this years Grin probably Rodgers, McCarthy and Woodson.
Report Ross8481 February 3, 2011 9:57 PM GMT
Thinking I might put a lay in around 1.4 for equal green and just enjoy the match
Report grayhawk February 4, 2011 8:38 PM GMT
Pouncey definitely out......Raji against an undrafted rookie center.Happy
Report Ross8481 February 4, 2011 10:34 PM GMT
Grin
Report HARRY22 February 5, 2011 3:06 PM GMT
Cool superb news...BJ is going to run wild Grin
Report grayhawk February 6, 2011 12:39 PM GMT
Another gem from Simon Milham in the Racing Post........" Packers punter Tim Masthay has struggled in the play-offs "

Jesus how wrong can he be....

In the wild card game at the Eagles he punted four times and the Eagles had no returns of any note, i accept Desean Jackson was off returns for a time due to injury in the game.

Divisional round at Atlanta.....Packers never punted.

Championship game at the Bears......this is what Peter King wrote....

From Peter King's MMQB:

Special Teams Player of the Week

Tim Masthay, P, Green Bay.

Under the circumstances, I thought Masthay had one of the best postseason games I'd ever seen a punter have. With a wind-chill temperature of 7 degrees, and punting in 14-mph swirls, Masthay had eight punts for a 41.8-yard average, and held Devin Hester to 16 return yards on three punts. Five times he pinned Chicago inside the 20. Masthay has a beautiful backspin on his punts when he wants to make the ball come back to him on the short ones. Every one of his punts either landed inside the 20 or was fielded there. Here's where his eight punts landed: Bears 13, Bears 3, Bears 11, Bears 16, Bears 11, Bears end zone, Bears 10, Bears 18. Brilliant performance.

The one kick in the end zone actually landed at the two but wasn't successfully downed in the field of play. player stepped into the endzone and didn't reset his feet in bounds before touching.

So in three games in the play-offs he's been ok against the Eagles, unused against the Falcons and brilliant against the Bears.

Where he got the struggled bit from i don't know Shocked
Report orioles February 6, 2011 12:44 PM GMT
That is a bizarre call by SM. Some people were putting the punter up for MVP against the Bears!

Can I be sacrilegious and suggest the Pack aren't 'all that'?
Report grayhawk February 6, 2011 12:52 PM GMT
Gerrt Orioles....no non-believers here Grin
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2011 3:02 PM GMT
grayhawk Joined: 05 Oct 06
Replies: 2108 06 Feb 11 12:39 
Another gem from Simon Milham in the Racing Post........" Packers punter Tim Masthay has struggled in the play-offs "

Jesus how wrong can he be....

LaughLaugh yes played a stinker in chicago Laugh
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2011 3:07 PM GMT
HARRY22 Joined: 03 Jun 06
Replies: 20601 06 Jan 11 13:26 
Pittsburgh steelers superbowl winners Cool  Its just hit me Grin

Its been a great journey with the packers but i cant be greedy with a big wedge up for grabs...have a small amount on the steelers at 5s..going to lay off a little on the pack...after the above statement it would be foolish not too Cool
Report horse9 February 6, 2011 3:48 PM GMT
Harry - can't knock anyone for taking big profits.
Good hit
Report horse9 February 6, 2011 5:00 PM GMT
Money coming in for the Pack and the overs...
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2011 5:13 PM GMT
You were keen on the superbowl shirt number market coming up...have you seen anything you like?
Report horse9 February 6, 2011 5:19 PM GMT
Harry - I'm long at 300 and first half shirts at 155.
Hate buying at 300, never that happy to do it in the upper 200's but I look at the Packers receiving corps and the fact Steelers have Miller, Ward and Brown, and even Randal El on punt returns is an 80+.
There's a superbowl spreads thread up where I put up all my spread interests
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2011 9:35 PM GMT
Not long now cheese heads...go pack go!
Report Ross8481 February 6, 2011 9:37 PM GMT
Got to be up at 6am, this better be worth it!!
Report grayhawk February 6, 2011 9:39 PM GMT
Ross...no lieu days?
Report horse9 February 6, 2011 9:40 PM GMT
Ross - shoulda got that rogue hospital appointment in the work diary weeks ago
[;)]
Report Ross8481 February 6, 2011 9:41 PM GMT
Nope, im an accountant, got some customers with urgent cashflow issues - hopefully i wont be added to the list come 4am Laugh
Report horse9 February 6, 2011 9:43 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Report grayhawk February 6, 2011 9:45 PM GMT
Laugh

I could have sworn tomorrow's a national holiday for all accountants.
Report BARNEY15C February 6, 2011 9:54 PM GMT
Doing a double.

£20 double on Packers -3 & Under 45 points in the game.

Fingers crossed[;)]
Report Ross8481 February 6, 2011 9:54 PM GMT
Devil

This thread is actually a v interesting read btw
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2011 9:56 PM GMT
interesting from what point?
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 12:03 AM GMT
Cool[:p]
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 12:10 AM GMT
[:p]
Report grayhawk February 7, 2011 12:11 AM GMT
Decent start Happy
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 12:12 AM GMT
ohh yes
Report Ross8481 February 7, 2011 12:16 AM GMT
See the progression and believe building week on week Silly
Report Ross8481 February 7, 2011 12:16 AM GMT
belief Plain
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 12:47 AM GMT
anyone got a live  web cam of lambeau  wont hear a pin drop
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 12:47 AM GMT
Cool go pack go
Report grayhawk February 7, 2011 12:53 AM GMT
Greened up....happy days Happy can just enjoy it now.....Go Pack go.
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 1:16 AM GMT
may not have a secondary on the field 2nd half...nightmare conceding that late TD Devil
Report grayhawk February 7, 2011 1:19 AM GMT
The injury situation is just indicative of the whole season....they fought through the whole season.....just another thirty minutes to glory.....just sew the shoulders up at half time Laugh
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 1:22 AM GMT
no way they score that TD if they were on field....shut them down all half...need the FG to make it a 14 pt game and let ben throw the picks
Report grayhawk February 7, 2011 1:25 AM GMT
Saw what happened against these when they were short handed in the defensive backfield in last years gameCry
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 3:07 AM GMT
Cool SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS Cool

GO PACK GO  GO PACK GO
Report grayhawk February 7, 2011 3:09 AM GMT
Happy the new dynasty begins Happy
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 3:10 AM GMT
Cool
Report CJ February 7, 2011 11:47 AM GMT
Home and hosed. Was a tough watch after GB should really have have cruised to the finish. Over the moon. It's nice when a plan comes together.

Well done GB, going to be interesting if all those IR starters get back on the team next season. Can see this Packer team doing a Pats, and being the new team to beat for the next 5 years.
Report Kriskin February 7, 2011 12:32 PM GMT
Just watched a re-run of the game and the Steelers will be kicking themselves.  2 Interception killed them.  Forget about the injury list to the Packers.  The game was there for the Steelers but they somehow messed up.  WD Green Bay.
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 12:37 PM GMT
I think the steelers took advantage of the corners going down...dont think the 2interceptions swung it...pitts had the momentum...the turnover when the steelers were down in the pack redzone swung it....very good bowl
Report Kriskin February 7, 2011 12:47 PM GMT
HARRY - won't disagree.  Do u know why there's talk that the NFL maybe in trouble for next season??  Just caught some of the debate earlier on TV
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 2:53 PM GMT
Yes kriskin there has been talk of this for a while....about teams going to training camp late etc...they will make it happen
Report grayhawk February 7, 2011 3:18 PM GMT
Both sides are supposed to be meeting for a couple of days this week....i think.
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2011 10:03 PM GMT
CJ Joined: 22 Jul 01
Replies: 1574 07 Feb 11 11:47 
Home and hosed. Was a tough watch after GB should really have have cruised to the finish. Over the moon. It's nice when a plan comes together.

Well done GB, going to be interesting if all those IR starters get back on the team next season. Can see this Packer team doing a Pats, and being the new team to beat for the next 5 years.

DEFO going to be in their fighting for the superbowl for the next few seasons no dounbt...think it will be very difficult to dominate for next 5 years or have some kind of dynasty..over a league format yes,should dominate the north next season.with knockout football you just have to put in one bad performance,turnover at the wrong time and yer out Cool
Report db1974 February 8, 2011 10:10 AM GMT
The Pack are a great team and the return of those players can only help them but they will have to start closing out games better than they did this post season

@ Eagles - needed an interception from Tramon Williams late in the 4th Qtr in the end-zone

@ Bears - needed an interception from Sam Shields late in the 4th Qtr

vs Steelers - gave the Steelers a potential game-winning drive chance late in the 4th Qtr

Now don't get me wrong, the defense stepped up to the plate and got the job done each time but they should have put the Eagles & Bears (and arguably Steelers as well) away long before the 4th Qtr.
Report grayhawk February 8, 2011 12:34 PM GMT
It's a valid point db1974, something that most on here would probably agree with.

On another thing...i wonder if the real moaner still thinks that Aaron Rodgers is just an average quarterback Grin surely he's changed his opinion now.
Report orioles February 8, 2011 3:05 PM GMT
I think the Pack are being overrated here, chaps (some of the points have been made above) and the value will be laying them to win it all next year imo.
Report HARRY22 February 8, 2011 4:17 PM GMT
DB1974....thats my point...no dominant teams and you need picks etc at the right times,lot of luck involved too dominate for years..
Report CJ February 8, 2011 6:05 PM GMT
Just when we thought the 'Packers' are overrated' posts were banished for good in comes Orioles to poke the hornets nest!

My point being that the vast majority of the squad are well under 30, with the key core of the roster (Driver & Woodson apart) entering the peak of their career, so it's not unfeasible that Green Bay are entering a potential legacy era. They've proven adept at drafting talent even in the lower rounds of the draft so a low first round pick is unlikely to worry management at Lambeau.

I'd rather not labour the point BUT (i will, yawn) how can a team with 15 players on IR and still winning the SB on the road from 6th seed ever be overrated?

Their whole season was quite astonishing given the early losses of Rodger's favourite target Finley TE, and their only proven RB Ryan Grant, not to mention starters Nick Barnett, Morgan Burnett, Brad Jones and Mark Tasucher. They even lost Rodgers to concussion twice!

Their biggest loss was by just 4 points in a season which included road trips to the Jets, Patriots, Eagles and Falcons. Overrated, i don't think so!  Mischief
Report orioles February 8, 2011 6:32 PM GMT
A lockout notwithstanding, wait until the Pats hit the draft and the healthy Colts eye a home Super Bowl.  Free agency won't be a huge problem for Green Bay, but they've got some decisions to make.

I don't want to take anything away from the Pack; football's a game where 'ifs and buts' are pretty useless, but when the Steelers were getting to over 7, I thought they were knocking value. Then Mendenhall put it on the floor.

Green Bay don't have that cast iron look yet and who knows, they may develop it, but at about 8s with all the World Champ euphoria about to win it next year, they're a lay.

But hell, I've been wrong before Happy
Report tipser February 8, 2011 6:54 PM GMT
We are professional punters specialises in basketball, tennis, volleyball and handball betting advice with additional tips on other sports.
http://osbetting.eu
Report grayhawk February 8, 2011 7:08 PM GMT
So what the feck are you doing on this thread then.
Report HARRY22 February 8, 2011 7:31 PM GMT
superb superbowl win after all the injuries..doing it all on the road
Report HARRY22 February 8, 2011 7:33 PM GMT
and they are not overrated..dont see a packers dynasty  as its so competitive but they are not overrated...wait till they get someone alongside starks Shocked
Report orioles February 8, 2011 7:59 PM GMT
So what the feck are you doing on this thread then.

Laugh

Nice.
Report Donald Driver February 8, 2011 8:04 PM GMT
Hopefully next year with Finley back and fresh faces we should be stronger
Report horse9 February 8, 2011 10:27 PM GMT
I agree with CJ.
They have a young roster on both sides of the ball who will only get better, I strongly believe Rodgers will prove a certain HOFamer and the likes of Matthews, Shields, Williams, Raji, Nelson, Jennings and co and they will be a major force for a while, throw in the likes of Grant (how good will they be when they can run the thing ?) and Finley and they have even more offensive weapons to call upon.

I think there are close similarities with the Chargers (who I still believe had as much talent as the Pack this year) but the Pack made far fewer mistakes and on the whole were more disciplined. Absolutely bazaar that a team ranked #1 in defence and offence fail to make play offs.
But there are some franchises on an upward curve so talk of 3 or 4 superbowls with this team is premature, when it come to play off football a single turnover, penalty or missed tackled can be the difference between a ring or a beach holiday.

They're a great team to watch though and will entertain for a few years with this offence
Report orioles February 8, 2011 11:22 PM GMT
Well, we'll see if they repeat.

Loser buys dinner Mischief
Report CJ February 9, 2011 4:31 PM GMT
Okay you've got a deal. McDonalds if we lose, Le Gavroche if you do!
Report CJ February 9, 2011 4:34 PM GMT
...and it's compulsory that you wear an over sized sponge Cheesehead hat during all three courses.
Report orioles February 9, 2011 4:37 PM GMT
I always do Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com