Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BARNEY15C
28 Oct 10 14:14
| Topic/replies: 23,892 | Blogger: BARNEY15C's blog
Won on +5.5 on game one with ease, because of the 18 run haul last night odds have shortened on overs bets. Thinking of doing +7.5 tonight @ 2.15, with Wilson and Cain pitching. Whats the chances of this coming in with these two piching ?

Any opinions gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

barney15c

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 42
By:
FatoteSport
When: 28 Oct 10 18:33
I can see every game in this series being +7.5. Take the 2.15
By:
lambers1
When: 28 Oct 10 20:36
Adverse weather coming in tonight, might make some difference to total runs
By:
good value losers
When: 28 Oct 10 21:08
having sat through so many boring low scoring giants games i'm tempted to treat last night's comedy as a one off and go unders
By:
Bottom_of_the_League
When: 28 Oct 10 23:04
As with last night, the Giants are being underrated by the prices.

Cain IMO is a much better pitcher than Wilson. If he hadn't been overshadowed by Lincecum the past couple of years, he would have a much bigger reputation than he does.

I think the Giants will win this series easily, so there's a good chance I'll be backing them every game. They just seem like a more battle hardened team to me, as it showed last night. In a weak division, Texas cruised into the playoffs and in the first two rounds, only played one close game. Every other one was decided by several runs. Even the close game was a blowout till the eighth inning. The Giants on the other hand had to battle all season, going down to the last game to clinch their place in the playoffs. Every game in the Braves series was a one-run game, three of the six against the Phillies were also one-run games. That says to me that the Giants bullpen can do the job under pressure. Texas I don't know because the games haven't been close in the post-season, but I'd take the Giants bullpen over theirs certainly in any case.

As for the totals, could go either way but I'd favour Under in this one.
By:
xaviermoney
When: 28 Oct 10 23:30
Nice assessment Bottom-of-the-league. I too fancy the Giants tonight. I'm not going to mess about with overs/unders either. If you think over/under 2.5 goals in a football match is a lottery Giants baseball games take it to a new level.

I never had much faith in the Giants offense pre-NLCS but Juan Uribe has taken his hitting to new places under pressure. Their weaker hitters like Buster Posey are also not giving much up. The Rangers' main man, Elvis Andruws had a horrible error last night so that could affect his game too.

I always thought the Giants would win their first home leg 2-zip and I'm not changing my mind about it either.

Giants all the way. Good price too.
By:
delpiero7
When: 29 Oct 10 00:14
Cain is one of the best pitchers in the league IMO, highly underrated. I reckon the only reason he doesn't get more press is because Lincecum is the face of the Giants' franchise.

Giants' batters have woken up gradually as the playoffs have gone on - Ross, Uribe, Sanchez, Huff all making contributions.  Don't understand how you think Posey is one of the weaker hitters Xavier - he's most probably been the Giants' best during the regular season. I can't recall a really significant contribution he's made with the bat in the postseason yet, but hopefully he'll rectify that tonight.

With regards to tonight, I think the Giants will win again. Rangers had the wind knocked out of their sails last night. Went up by 2 early and thought they had the game won behind their ace pitcher, who got taken out before the end of the 5th. Though that said, Wilson is also a very good pitcher.

Also, not that this is a valid point, but surely the Rangers batting is due a bad game. They've been on fire all through the postseason, making some of the top pitchers look average at best. I *hope* Cain is on the money tonight and the Giants eke out a win by the odd run.
By:
xaviermoney
When: 29 Oct 10 00:26
Don't get me wrong, Posey can hit a ball - just a rookie that's all.
By:
xaviermoney
When: 29 Oct 10 01:05
Well Starts don't get better than that in Baseball - what a difference from yesterday!!

Alos, special mantion for the coverage - I love it, I actually feel like  Iam in San Fran with all the shots and fly overs etc.. Also thought the anthem was sung very well - magnificent actually. Or is this me just being uber sad?
By:
corison2004
When: 29 Oct 10 01:17
I believe TEX will take it tonight. Lee was off last night giving SF a break. Tonight I think there won't be any breaks for SF.

Maybe...
By:
Isotonic.
When: 29 Oct 10 01:23
Completely agree Xavier thinking of emigrating Silly

Base hit nicccccceeeee
By:
yazza101
When: 29 Oct 10 01:44
whole season apart from August has been a joke/unpredictable imo
By:
Isotonic.
When: 29 Oct 10 02:06
oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh unreal
By:
chingachgook
When: 29 Oct 10 02:12
800 euro on SF if they dont score in this innings im laying them back.
By:
Donald Driver
When: 29 Oct 10 02:16
Cant believe it stayed in the park!
By:
chingachgook
When: 29 Oct 10 02:18
yeah baby
By:
Bottom_of_the_League
When: 29 Oct 10 02:18
I believe someone needs to say "boom!" .  Cool
By:
chingachgook
When: 29 Oct 10 02:19
i'll second that BOOM
By:
Isotonic.
When: 29 Oct 10 02:19
qualityLaughLaughLaugh
By:
Onions
When: 29 Oct 10 02:28
I've been on San Fran since day 1, as per the other thread, if they can make this 2-0 I might jack offLaughLove
By:
chingachgook
When: 29 Oct 10 02:31
come on Cain get through this innings ffs
By:
chingachgook
d1ckhead
By:
Donald Driver
poor running young
By:
Donald Driver
When: 29 Oct 10 02:32
thatll do Laugh
By:
Donald Driver
When: 29 Oct 10 02:33
pooorrr
By:
chingachgook
When: 29 Oct 10 02:34
nice work
By:
Isotonic.
When: 29 Oct 10 02:35
Piss poor from Rangers. Love itLaugh
By:
Donald Driver
When: 29 Oct 10 02:35
Cry
By:
Donald Driver
When: 29 Oct 10 02:38
What was Cruz playing at
By:
chingachgook
When: 29 Oct 10 02:54
johnny gould would've liked that 8/10?
By:
chingachgook
When: 29 Oct 10 03:08
yeehaawwwwwwwwwwww
By:
rink rat
When: 29 Oct 10 03:20
Lefty in for Hamilton .
By:
rink rat
When: 29 Oct 10 03:23
GOTCHA!
By:
Bottom_of_the_League
When: 29 Oct 10 03:55
I didn't think the people going low on the runs would be sweating.  Shocked
By:
Bottom_of_the_League
When: 29 Oct 10 04:01
ShockedShockedShocked

I love it when a game turns out exactly as you expected, and then some on this occasion. Just wish it happened more often.   Laugh
By:
rink rat
When: 29 Oct 10 04:02
Texas manager on overs, brought in the MUGS. ShockingPlain
By:
Bottom_of_the_League
When: 29 Oct 10 04:03
Strange management over the past few innings. Surely he isn't going to send in Tommy Hunter?  ShockedConfused
By:
Bottom_of_the_League
When: 29 Oct 10 04:03
Strikeout saved him, Ron Washington completely lost his mind.
By:
KoolAxxed
When: 29 Oct 10 04:04
Ron is a top lad Laugh
By:
stone island casual
When: 29 Oct 10 04:04
ridiculous management
Hunter to top it, unbelievable

I could manage this team better than that muppet
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by: