Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ace High
18 Jan 10 05:23
| Topic/replies: 22,897 | Blogger: Ace High's blog
Ace highs last post, so ill leave you all with a 8/1 winner.

50th anniversary of the AFL... first afl superbowl champs anyone?

Name on the trophy.
Pause Switch to Standard View The Jets Will Win The Superbowl
Show More
Report HARRY22 January 18, 2010 8:26 AM GMT
ffs
Report molars January 18, 2010 8:31 AM GMT
ok bye
Report casemoney January 18, 2010 8:35 AM GMT
FFS get de fooook .....
Report jack7 January 18, 2010 10:46 AM GMT
Ace- a very unhappy man all the time-bit of a loner me thinks.
Not gonna miss you at all.
Report cammy glasgow January 18, 2010 11:51 AM GMT
HOPE SO I GOT 28/1 yesterday in an independant in glasgow ????
Report molars January 18, 2010 12:22 PM GMT
cammy i wouldnt be too confident now, have you seen this guy's track record? he single-handedly torpedoed the cowboys and chargers yesterday. last thing the jets need is for this joker to tip them.
Report shaggykev January 18, 2010 12:29 PM GMT
get on the colts large now

i did think the jets if they played like last night could stop the colts but if ace high thinks so too, im barking up the wrong tree
Report Them January 18, 2010 4:51 PM GMT
I posted a few weeks ago that I had been backing the Jets at 90.0 in the week leading up to the first Bengals game. The thread has disappeared now (I think), but I still have that position - I also backed a little bit more at 50.0 and 60.0 before the second Bengals game, and I now have a -660, +52000 book or thereabouts.

My problem is that I still think the Jets are value at the moment. Laying off wouldn't make much sense unless I was obsessed about taking a profit, which I'm not. I suspect the Jets will continue to be underrated by the market no matter how far they make it, so it looks like I am letting this one roll to the bitter end. Most likely next week, I suppose.
Report Money On7 January 18, 2010 5:01 PM GMT
Sanchez just wont cut it in the championship game, tbh i have always thought the lad is overated and its the rbs jones and greene that are underated. I seen the ugly side of sanchez against the bills this season when he threw 5 or 6 ints and blew a 13 point lead.
Report Them January 18, 2010 5:22 PM GMT
They need some D or special teams points, I will give you that. But I don't see a points scoring frenzy by the Colts either. They are pretty similar to the Chargers offensively, and that's a good match-up for the Jets with their outstanding secondary.
Report Darlodog January 18, 2010 7:26 PM GMT
Them - yeah, but you might as well cover your stake.
Report Dave89 January 18, 2010 7:30 PM GMT
That game baffled me to be honest Money On, I was watching incredulously as they continued to call pass plays despite being in the lead and rushing for over 7 ypc. No doubt he did have a shocker in that match though.

As for him being overrated I don't think that's the case at all. Everyone knows the strength of the Jets is their run game and their defence. If Sanchez has to throw much more than 20 times a game it's not good for them.
Report J0KER January 18, 2010 7:37 PM GMT
Jets were simply awesome imo.

They had a gameplan and trusted thier players.

They have a fantastic D.

Revis is the best rookie DB this game has seen EVER.

The RB's and o line are a unit.

if Sanchez devolopes and the coach's let the breaks off then this team is Fav for next years superbowl.

well done the jets imo
Report Dave89 January 18, 2010 7:39 PM GMT
Revis isn't a rookie
Report The Priest January 18, 2010 7:49 PM GMT
Joker

If this Jets team was so good how come they struggled to qualify for the play offs in the first place.

Couldn't get past a struggling Pats team all year and beat a poor Bengals team which did there winning in the first part of the season.

The Chargers choked simple as that although the Jets did get better as the game wore on.

The Colts will find the key to scoring past them and then we will see the real Jets and Sanchez turn up when he has to start throwing the ball around and forcing plays.

As for next season? need more offensive weapons to be honest and of course they will have to get past the Pats first as well.
Report TINnotaTON January 18, 2010 7:52 PM GMT
this years jets are the cardinals of last year, i agree that they are still underrated in the market despite winning again last night.
people will argue that san diego shot themselves in the foot, but thats playoff football.
there's one thing that wont worry them next sunday an thats the colt's run game. awful.
Report Gazzy January 18, 2010 8:21 PM GMT
Colts starting to look a little stupid now, letting the Jets beat them in regular season
Report Saluting Darren Lockyer January 18, 2010 8:37 PM GMT
some teams get on a roll at the right time of the season,looks like the jets have timed their run superbly well.
Also lets have enough of this talk that the colts let them in through the back door as in retrospect that's not a given anymore,they were only 5 points down when manning left the game.
Report orioles January 18, 2010 8:42 PM GMT
No way the Jets win it all. Mind you, I've had a hideous post-season, so they'll probably stroll it!
Report casemoney January 18, 2010 8:48 PM GMT
The Colts will not be looking forward to this Game
Report Saluting Darren Lockyer January 18, 2010 8:50 PM GMT
Well reggie wayne wont be looking forward to it thats for sure. To my mind the chargers receiving corps is better than the colts and they came unstuck,mindyou as good as rivers is,he's a fair way behind manning.
Report seanjames January 18, 2010 9:08 PM GMT
the colts will be 21-0 up inside the 1st
Report Saluting Darren Lockyer January 18, 2010 9:30 PM GMT
You dont watch a lot of nfl do you.
Report HARRY22 January 18, 2010 10:52 PM GMT
21-0 up inside the 1st lol.... chargers kicker lost them the game...jets didnt choke...stayed in the game and pounced on chargers mistakes...well deserved...its as far as they go though...colts will have too much
Report casemoney January 18, 2010 10:57 PM GMT
God forbid,for the Colts sake ,The Painter doesnt end up on the Field Again :^0
Report Man On Fire January 18, 2010 11:13 PM GMT
Ive got a wee sneeky for the jets as well :)
Report Mr Lizard January 18, 2010 11:58 PM GMT
Gazzy 18 Jan 21:21
Colts starting to look a little stupid now, letting the Jets beat them in regular season

Im sure the colts will be livid that they have to play the jets at home instead of the chargers!
Report cunnybobbler January 19, 2010 1:28 AM GMT
exactly. far from the colts being worried theyll be pleased the chargers are out of the way. this game isnt about the jets at all. they have zero influence on the game. if the colts turn up the win, if they dont they dont. it really is that straightforward. not saying theyre guaranteed to win because nobody ever is, but if they play to at least 80% then they win the game.
Report Lifetaker January 19, 2010 6:23 AM GMT
Think Edwards needs to have a BIG Day this week, Congrates to them for making the AFC Championship,

Will NOT Say anything Negative about 4 Team's Still Standing
Report sparkygayle January 19, 2010 9:26 AM GMT
Agree with cunny ^^^^^^
Report casemoney January 19, 2010 11:30 AM GMT
If they turn up they win ? their problem will be standing up I.M.O ,the Jets Blitz has been incredible looks like they have 30 men on the field :-)
Of course the Colts should win ,if they get out into an early lead they could win easy ,Jets have done
very well ,and Without Doubt a team for the Future regardless of this Years outcome :-)
Report Jollop January 19, 2010 11:53 AM GMT
If only the Colts had some experience in shutting down a team with a strong running game, ineffective qb and aggressive, opportunistic defense.. oh wait didnt they just hold baltimore to 3pts and win comfortably without getting out of 2nd gear?

everyone seems to be forgetting that the jets are not the only team with a tough defense, however manning knows how to play against one and will still get the ball to his receivers even when well covered.

The Jets had better hope they have more success on the ground than Rice & McGahee did otherwise it will be a Sanchez meltdown.

I will have a guess at 31 - 13 Colts
Report Sherbert January 19, 2010 2:21 PM GMT
What a mug
Report Jollop January 19, 2010 3:43 PM GMT
?
Report Sherbert January 19, 2010 4:13 PM GMT
not you :p, ace high lol
Report seanjames January 19, 2010 7:14 PM GMT
dont say i told you so
Report DoggyLFC January 19, 2010 7:37 PM GMT
Hmmm.

I don't see it myself. The Jets have played very well so far no doubt, but they're not up against the Bungles or a Norv Turner team this week.

The Colts can play the run as well as anyone when the Playoffs come round, and I've no doubts they'll put up their usual stellar effort this week. The Jets are almost a carbon copy of the Ravens, so the Colts know what they have to do.

They consistently put teams in third and long situations and then use all that speed to make you throw the ball into tight windows against the quickest defense in the league. Can you see Sanchez winning the game for the Jets? I can't.

And he'll have to because the Colts will score.
Report casemoney January 19, 2010 9:10 PM GMT
TJ might run riot :-)
Report DoggyLFC January 19, 2010 9:20 PM GMT
They said that about Ray Rice last week.

The Colts will knife into the back-field, they will run blitz like crazy on first and second down. The Colts can stop the run. And would you back Sanchez against that defense with it's speed and smarts?

Hand on heart, I can see him throwing three or four INT's. It's going to be a very interesting battle watching that front 7 versus the Jets O-line. Freeney and Mathis are as good as it gets when it comes to pass rush.
Report d13phe January 19, 2010 9:24 PM GMT
manning wont turn the ball over 3 times like Rivers

the Colts were humiliating the Jets before Manning and co got benched and expect this to happen again

San diego beat themselves last weekend as they usually do. This wont happen against the Colts
Report HARRY22 January 19, 2010 9:55 PM GMT
You know the score DOGGY....too many here living in dream land...the whole colts D gets it done and keeps being underestimated
Report HARRY22 January 19, 2010 9:57 PM GMT
what did the jets offence actually do v the chargers??not a lot....will the colts miss fg after fg which was the chargers downfall in the end
Report Rick Flair January 19, 2010 11:40 PM GMT
JETS RUN OFFENSE 1ST IN THE NFL , COLTS RUN DEFENCE 24TH..........SAINTS V JETS IN THE BIG ONE.
Report honestcl January 20, 2010 6:01 AM GMT
Them 18 Jan 17:51

My problem is that I still think the Jets are value at the moment. Laying off wouldn't make much sense unless I was obsessed about taking a profit, which I'm not. I suspect the Jets will continue to be underrated by the market no matter how far they make it, so it looks like I am letting this one roll to the bitter end. Most likely next week, I suppose.

Exactly how I feel....although my numbers are around 5% of yours. Just going to let it ride because at 10 I still see the Jets as value. Annoyed that I laid off some of my original stake at 15 during the Charger game.

There are a lot of omens surrounding the Jets and I hadn't thought of the 50th anniversary one - I'm now even more convinced the Jets will win.

Just for good measure, not only are the Jets the original AFL Superbowl winners but they're playing the Colts this week - the team they beat in that Superbowl.

All aboard the Jets train!!
Report honestcl January 20, 2010 6:06 AM GMT
The Priest 18 Jan 20:49

If this Jets team was so good how come they struggled to qualify for the play offs in the first place.

Simple answer to that - rookie QB. The team that went 4-6 in the first half was in all but one of those losses. But for Sanchez blowing games with crazy INTs, the Jets could easily have been 12-4 or 13-3.

The team we now have if the team we always were, just with a QB who's done a lot of learning and is playing a smart game.
Report FORZA AS ROMA January 20, 2010 4:45 PM GMT
Lol coming from the person who said they had no chance against the Chargers. Every post you made is aimed against the Colts. Your a patetic person, so ** off and leave for good
Report The Priest January 20, 2010 10:06 PM GMT
good answer honestcl i hope you do well i really do, anybody as long as the Colts get beat.
Report wanna_b_pro January 21, 2010 6:55 PM GMT
Agree with Doggy, Jets are carbon copy of the Ravens, no surprise really under Rex Ryan.

Isn't Manning 8-0 against the Ravens in recent years, or he's won the last 8 in a row. Either way Manning can clearly handle these types of teams and i agree with the previous poster who put up 31-13 to Colts, prob 28-13 tho. I expect Colts to run away with this one.
Report Rick Flair January 22, 2010 12:44 AM GMT
Jets are carbon copy of the Ravens.............. eh we have a qb who can throw and use guile when allowed to.we actually have a very varied game plus we are in the last 4 so not really anything like the ravens except we now like to run but so does PT,CB,BRWS, PATHRS but we have the best def in the nfl which is a little more than ravens could hope.
Report cunnybobbler January 22, 2010 2:42 AM GMT
the jets are fecking crap ffs. ok i know im not allowed to say that cos apparently they have the best defense since oj simpson but somebody has to has to say it!

couldnt even win their division with the pats having a mare of a season. colts an bungles gifted them wins on a plate then they beat the bungles again who by then had completely shot their goo an were pretty much the worst team in the entire league, and then the chargers did their annual bottle job and gifted em the game.

lost 24-10 at new orleans
lost 31-14 at new england
lost to miami home and away
lost at home to buffalo
lost at home to jacksonville
lost at home to a FINNISH atlanta team in week 15 when they were desperate for a win

yet suddenly theyre the best team in 30 years. get a grip people ffs, they havent a cat in buggerys chance of beating the C...O...L...T...S...! :)
Report HARRY22 January 22, 2010 8:16 AM GMT
Ravens D couldnt stop the colts...and that D was finding its form...jets wont stop them either....a good shutdown corner dosent mean you have a GREAT secondary...lito shephard ffs...eagles reject...safety??? what safety??? dont see ed reed back there....carbon copy of ravens lol
Report oldbean January 22, 2010 11:02 AM GMT
cunny is correct, i love the jets but the have fluked there way to this...
im afraid a trashing is on the cards..if i wasnt a fan id have a grand on iNdi minus the h/cap..lock of the post season FFS....
Report cunnybobbler January 22, 2010 11:10 AM GMT
lol no need for sarcasm! :)
Report oldbean January 22, 2010 11:20 AM GMT
NO sarcasm my friend...
believe me ill be jumping roud the livivg room on every jets 3rd down but on all known form they havet a prayer, against the superbowl runners up. ;)
Report HARRY22 January 22, 2010 11:51 AM GMT
cunnybobbler gonna be bumping threads left right and centre if the colts win lol
Report cunnybobbler January 22, 2010 11:55 AM GMT
well good luck but i hope you lose :)

ive got quite a lot riding on the colts for both conference and superbowl but im not a bad loser. if i lose il face the music and dance...ya win some ya lose some...ive had a good year, im not daft enough to face possible oblivion on one game. ive hedged quite a bit even though i dont think the jets will win cos you just never know no matter who is playing. ive got about 1,200 on the jets to console myself a bit if it goes jets up. would still be about a 3k loss even after doing that. somewhere between 4k/5k profit if the colts win. i probably ought to back the jets a bit more at the price but i really dont fancy them much at all
Report cunnybobbler January 22, 2010 11:56 AM GMT
HARRY22 22 Jan 12:51
cunnybobbler gonna be bumping threads left right and centre if the colts win lol

gonna be doing it if they lose too! im not the hiding type, il come out and admit ive flamingoed up big time! not that they will lose, obviously!
Report HARRY22 January 22, 2010 11:58 AM GMT
you will get the thread invaders laughin at u if they lose who didnt make a pick at all...they are they shameful ones
Report FORZA AS ROMA January 22, 2010 3:27 PM GMT
I find it so funny , the same people that were backing the Chargers are now jumping on the Jets bandwaggon. The fact that the Jets got this far is mad, they are one of the worst team to make a Conference game(and just in case you think im bitter I backed them against SD)
Report J0KER January 22, 2010 6:19 PM GMT
^^ Post your bet... ta!
Report FORZA AS ROMA January 22, 2010 6:25 PM GMT
Me???For this weekend???
Report Them January 22, 2010 8:43 PM GMT
Crikey, there will be some seriously red faces if the Jets win on Sunday. It really shouldn't be necessary to have to talk up the chances of the obvious form pick and 1/3 favourite so aggressively. It's almost as if those Colts backers/Jets layers need to convince themselves.
Report Max Cady January 22, 2010 10:26 PM GMT
jets are the NY giants of a few years ago!

gate crashers!
Report cunnybobbler January 23, 2010 10:18 AM GMT
i layed the chargers, if it helps.

Selection Odds Stake(£) Bid type Placed Profit/loss(£)
San Diego Chargers * 2.68 312.00 Back -312.00
San Diego Chargers * 1.34 792.00 Lay 792.00
*Average odds: On Off Back subtotal: -312.00
Lay subtotal: 792.00
Market subtotal: 480.00
Commission @ 4.8%: 23.04
Net Market Total: 456.96
Report HARRY22 January 24, 2010 10:05 PM GMT
:^0 WD CUNNYBOBBLER...some of us knew....
Report cunnybobbler January 24, 2010 10:05 PM GMT
lol. harder than i expected but class showed in the 2nd half.
Report HARRY22 January 25, 2010 2:45 AM GMT
:^0
Report Ace High January 25, 2010 3:00 AM GMT
I will quote one post from Harry:

you will get the thread invaders laughin at u if they lose who didnt make a pick at all...they are they shameful ones

If the internet could somehow implode from irony, this post would light the fuse.
Report HARRY22 January 25, 2010 3:02 AM GMT
was right behind coney...how did yer pittsburgh steelers tip go ace high ? :^0
Report HARRY22 January 25, 2010 3:02 AM GMT
and cunnybobbler
Report Ace High January 25, 2010 3:02 AM GMT
Report FORZA AS ROMA January 27, 2010 5:56 PM GMT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com