Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
01 Jul 21 20:10
| Topic/replies: 7,352 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
Colourful character to say the least.

What a life he had in business and  in two sport's.

The passing of himself and Barney has left a big void and with bookies as they are now the likes will never be seen again.
Pause Switch to Standard View RIP Noel Furlong
Show More
Report frank60 July 1, 2021 10:17 PM BST
Great poker player was Noel.Won the 1999 World Series of Poker main even  ,Not sure what the prize money was then but over 10millon today
Report kincsem July 3, 2021 3:22 PM BST
My first ever experience of Texas Hold Em in the Merrion club in Dublin in 2002 had Noel Furlong and Liam Flood on the table.
His first prize in the WSOP Main Event in 1999 was USD 1,000,000.
It was said he never had all his chips in the middle in that tournament (he had the biggest stack in all-in situations).
He often played in small tournaments in the clubs, probably to get practice before big events, and to have a chat with Flood and others.
Report frank60 July 3, 2021 4:18 PM BST
I have nice memories of walking into Liam floods shop many years ago to collect a winning low stake yankie which Liam was offering a 400 pound bonus if you got the 4 winners. when i walk in Liam had the winning docket taped on the cashers window. The bonus was worth more the the return on the yankie . I had 3 kids in collage at the time the money came in handy . R.I.P. Liam
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com