Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
19 Feb 21 14:19
| Topic/replies: 31,412 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Nico of course ,simply the worst...
Pause Switch to Standard View He can't judge pace he can't present...
Show More
Report punchestown February 19, 2021 6:56 PM GMT
It beggars belief that he is the stable jockey for Nicky Henderson.
Report workrider February 20, 2021 3:28 PM GMT
Yes Punchestown , I meant this for racing forum.Blush
Report cloone river February 22, 2021 8:36 PM GMT
You are right workrider.Henderson is having a quiet enough time as well.Hopefully it will be a very Irish Cheltenham.Irish national hunt racing was never as strong as it is now.
Report punchestown February 23, 2021 8:51 AM GMT
He was cruising to victory with everything strung behind him yesterday at Southwell in a novice chase and for some reason asked for a big one 2 out and the horse couldn't or wouldn't go for it and ploughed through the fence and all but came down.

He can't seen to settle horses that are even remotely keen which ruins a lot of chances and is robotic in a finish,very seldom gets offered outside rides which is very telling.
Report frank60 February 24, 2021 1:06 PM GMT
He won the 2015 gold cup on  Coneygree, but if i remember the horse did all the work,  From 2002–2007, Nico de Boinville was educated at Bradfield College, a boarding independent school for boys in the village of Bradfield in Berkshire, followed by the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. He had nitially intended to study Politics at Newcastle, but left during his first year, in order to pursue a career in horse racing, maybe in should have stayed there.
Report workrider February 24, 2021 3:30 PM GMT
Frank , far be it for me to judge anyone's education but he really never seemed to me to be a jockey in the sense that we know them...
Report RoyalAcademy February 27, 2021 3:25 PM GMT
Very insightful comment wonks, he's not bandy-legged like yourself is what you mean I presume?
Report workrider February 27, 2021 10:29 PM GMT
Arse, good to see your still around, only good jockeys have bandy legs everyone in racing knows that!
Report frank60 March 2, 2021 3:36 PM GMT
Happy
Report norn iron March 18, 2021 1:56 PM GMT
WORKRIDER  THAT WAS EXCELLENT RIDE FROM NICO  AS MUCH AS I LIKE YOU AND RESPECT OPINIONS YOU DO POST SOME $HIT SurprisedWhoopsTongue OutWink

YES BACKED CHANTRY AND THINK JP CAN GET 3 OR MORE TODAY

RACE 2    NICO Excited AND ASK DILLON
3 FAKIR /SAMCRO
  4 LISNAGAR OSCAR
5 MR WHITAKER  /WAVE OF SEA 
   6  ROSEYS HOLLOW5
7 HOLD THE NOTE  /MUSICAL SLAVE

ALL EWAY S GOOD LUCK PUNTERS  AND YOU MATE
Report workrider March 20, 2021 11:10 AM GMT
Only spotted this now Norn, you are correct as usual mate...Laugh
Report norn iron March 20, 2021 1:52 PM GMT
YOU DONT RIDE FOR TOP STABLE LIKE HENDERSON  IF YOUR POOR JOCKEY  IMO Surprised AND THEY ALL MAKE A FEW ERRORS AND HOPE YOUR NOT POCKET TALKING ON NICO ?

BACKED FINAL NUDGE   20/1 LAS NIGHT  NOT SURE HOW  ITS GAMBLED 7/1 NOW

YOU WIN OVER 4 DAYS I HAD NIGHTMARE WORST IN DECADE ?
Report workrider March 20, 2021 4:28 PM GMT
Won about £450 over the four days , a couple of costly seconds ridden by Mark Walsh cost me a really good week...
Report punchestown March 23, 2021 3:15 PM GMT
Have to say Nico is bang average,he's probably not the worst jockey out there but without a doubt he's head and shoulders the poorest of the retained jockeys for any top yard either side of the Irish Sea.

His wins on Shiskin and Chantry House (Envoi Allan a faller) at the festival could have been piloted by any number of jockeys out there.

Why Henderson perseveres is beyond me but I know himself and Nico go way back and maybe NH feels a bit of loyalty towards him.

Would have been a nice job for recently retired David Mullins.
Report workrider March 23, 2021 4:36 PM GMT
He rode the winner of the bumper today at Huntington and you would think for all the World he was a seven pound claimer ,I kid you not , reins all a flutter horse pulled him left then right , nearly became unbalanced you are not joking when you say he's poor overall . Maybe its the style that remind me of myself...Laugh
Report Cupwinkcook March 26, 2021 12:39 PM GMT
brilliant ride from him there at Newbury

just failed

going that wide to stay away from the fav nearly worked for him
Report punchestown March 26, 2021 4:40 PM GMT
brilliant ride from him there at Newbury

just failed

going that wide to stay away from the fav nearly worked for him

---------------------------

It was a good effort alright but unfortunately it's not often enough imo.

I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who think he's a good jockey but there's no way he would be my stable jockey or anywhere near it.
Report Cupwinkcook April 25, 2021 1:04 PM BST
i have changed my tune and it's not pocket talk

2 high profile rides yesterday and he was found wanting
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com