Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Vubiant
25 Sep 20 21:59
| Topic/replies: 7,145 | Blogger: Vubiant's blog
if the dreck they're producing at the Irish Open is any indication.
Lowry looks like he's falling back into the journeyman category.  Dunne has not progressed after a reasonably promising start. Harrington is shot and just counting the days to the Has Beens tour. Seamus Power has shown a few flickers of ability but doesn't really appear to be a tour winner in waiting. Might be early to dismiss Sugrue's prospects but I wouldn't be terribly excited at this stage.
Who else is there ...where are the young talents hiding ? Cupboard looks grimly bare .
Pause Switch to Standard View Lean times ahead for irish pro golf.
Show More
Report workrider September 26, 2020 12:43 PM BST
I was thinking along those lines myself Vubiant, nothing on the wind . Yet golf is such a huge part of Irish sport, most play it and my own club has seen a huge increase in membership this year. It looks as if we are heading the same way as the Scots.
Report Deplasterer November 3, 2020 3:27 PM GMT
With most of the front runners in the market either coming back from Covid, injury or having one eye on Agusta next week, I've had a tipple on Pod for top 10 and 20. Playing well past month or so.
Report Deplasterer November 3, 2020 3:28 PM GMT
At Houston Open, I should add.
Report Vubiant November 3, 2020 5:43 PM GMT
Yeah , the oldies can still produce a guod outing -last week's winner is 48. ( ...Pod 49 ! Grin
Actually Harrington looked leaner last week and has done well to shed a belly he had developed .
I reckon he's getting fit to make an almighty killing on the Champions Tour from next year. Should bag a few million for the first couple of years until fresh faces come along.
Report Deplasterer November 3, 2020 7:33 PM GMT
Agree Vub, Mickelson has won his first 2 outings on the champions tour, like taking sweets from a babyGrin
Report frank60 November 3, 2020 7:39 PM GMT
Some good points Vubiant, have to say Golf was one of the mainstays of the irish forum in times past, maybe next weeks Masters will rekindle interest . Well worth checking out Oddschecker to get the best value for money.  i have a few bets on Kisner at 240/1 and Tony finau 42/1 here.  good luck with your bets lads.
Report Deplasterer November 3, 2020 10:04 PM GMT
I'll start a thread on Monday. Had been backing Mcilroy for months up to the cancelled event in March. Not a cent on him now, sods law he will win the rearranged event. Crazy
Report Kelly November 4, 2020 12:23 PM GMT
The conveyer belt seems to have stuttered to a halt .

The gap between amateur and pro seems to be widening , other countries are progressing in bridging the gap , we are falling behind .

Only bright feature recently is Darren winning on the seniors tour , and Jonathan Caldwell playing better .

We have punched above our weight for 20 years plus recently , but the depth in the  cupboard is looking bare compared with heydays of major success  , despite Shanes exploit .
Report frank60 November 4, 2020 3:24 PM GMT
Paul Dunne has been very disappointing, won the British Masters only a few years ago beating Rory. still only 27 so time is on his side.
Report workrider November 4, 2020 4:33 PM GMT
I am surprised myself how we have slipped down the ladder, yet if you look at how the game is here and the amount of people playing it then its even more surprising. More worrying is the lack of Irish Women becoming Pros, I honestly thought they would have made the step up yet their numbers seem to be much worse than the Men's .
Report Kelly November 4, 2020 8:30 PM GMT
Cannot understand why the Irish women have had virtually zero impact world wide to date . We have had loads of good young amateurs over the last number of years , but they have not delivered anything like the men over the last 20 years or more .

Hopefully some will make a mark professionally before long .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com