Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
16 Jun 20 10:41
| Topic/replies: 31,464 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Shameful imo that nobody on here even tried to start a thread on this, I briefly thought it was coming back to life, but it seems otherwise. Anyway I'll have a go, Circus Maximus is the one I like there today, course winner and looks as if they think hes worth keeping in training maybe with this in mind, if he wins today don't be surprised if they whip him off to stud.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 38
By:
olddesperado
When: 16 Jun 20 22:41
WD workrider,  nice price too.

I think he was 9/4 5/2 last night when I studied it and I dismissed him at those odds.

I had just the one bet myself ,  lavenders blue who travelled really well but blew out about 2 out.
I'll give her another chance .

Just the one tomorrow as well,   the o Brien horse in the second.

I thought seamie was very easy on him in the derrinstown and should probably have won .

The short turnaround and traveling over thrown in concerns me but I'll trust o Brien knows what he's doing by now.  Wink
By:
workrider
When: 17 Jun 20 09:50
Thanks Odds,Addeybb to do Japan today, really like this fellow improving all the time and Japan might need the run.
By:
olddesperado
When: 17 Jun 20 10:26
Ye I'm a big fan too.
I had a close look at him last night myself but worried the the round the world adventures although it was 2 months ago.

I think soft would be a need too.

GL.
By:
workrider
When: 17 Jun 20 13:41
Good to soft on round course, so not as bad as first thought , I think he'll be alright fitness wise, a nice long rest is two months..Laugh Good luck to you..
By:
punchestown
When: 17 Jun 20 17:46
Japan out for the spin.
By:
workrider
When: 17 Jun 20 18:02
Yes and not a word said.
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jun 20 11:10
Really fancy Sir Dragonet today, forget his Naas run last time, I expect him to leave that well behind and with the going coming in his favour I make him a near cert.
He travels well,Chester proved that and with the stable in such fine form its just a case of getting on with it...
By:
olddesperado
When: 18 Jun 20 13:11
I didn't back anything today but he was the one I came closest to although that was when he was 3/1 last night.
At 9/4 now I'll let him run without my money but good luck workrider.

The rest of the card I just can't seem to get a focus on for some reason but hopefully Stradivarius wins as I love to see the greats back up their status when I've no involvement.
By:
olddesperado
When: 18 Jun 20 14:05
Done by jock there WR,  poor position, dreadful decision to go wide, little effort until inside furlong pole.

Horse did quiet well considering the ride.
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jun 20 14:08
Totally agree Old, absolute shocker from motormouth, i'm been sarcastic . The Brits terrified to have a go at him...
By:
Deplasterer
When: 18 Jun 20 16:13
4.10 Ascot, fav bit short but ticks all my boxes,atjeni won on a well backed yoke yesterday also, on at 4.2
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jun 20 16:17
Backed it myself .
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jun 20 16:17
Backed it myself .
By:
Deplasterer
When: 18 Jun 20 16:46
Done everything right WR, just came up against one unfortunately.
By:
punchestown
When: 18 Jun 20 17:14
Some shockers from Moore today,Dragonet,Monarch Of Egypt and Cherokee Trail all poor imo.
By:
Deplasterer
When: 18 Jun 20 17:50
Awful Punch, esp the first two, had a decent bet on MOE, didn't put a lay in, was matched at 1.04, his time must be near at coolmore.
By:
olddesperado
When: 18 Jun 20 21:14
I was a big fan of Moore a few years back, maybe as far back as 6 or 7 years.

He was always in the right place ,  rode uncomplicated avoiding trouble and gave everything a chance.

I just don't understand what has happened him in recent years .

Sir dragonet and monarch of Egypt today were both shocking efforts.
By:
punchestown
When: 18 Jun 20 21:45
No need to switch the whip so close to the line on MOE which cost valuable momentum and probably the race.Positioning through the race pathetic.
Similar ride on Cherokee Trail,last at halfway and hoping to pass the entire field on soft ground.
By:
punchestown
When: 18 Jun 20 21:46
I hasten to add I backed no Ryan Moore mounts today or won't for the whole meeting.
By:
olddesperado
When: 18 Jun 20 23:04
Anyway I'm sticking with o Brien tomorrow but not Moore.

I'm hoping Sylvester can do the job on southern hills in the commonwealth at a big price.

Won in a 21 runner race here on soft last year and hasn't run since so might have had a problem but the fact he's returning in a group 1 says he has shown something at home.

O Brien's often need the run first time but the exception being in G 1s when he usually has them ready.
Good draw,  ground will suit and distance should be fine I think he will outrun his 25 ,33 odds currently offered.

I've had a stab here and with a bookie and will do a few various place markets here tomorrow when they firm up.
By:
workrider
When: 19 Jun 20 09:59
I think we all know Ryan is past his sell by date re Coolmore , Colin might step in if the price is right and Ger is okay with it..Tougher today at Ascot than earlier in the week, good luck to all players today.
By:
jumper3
When: 19 Jun 20 14:02
It has never worked ideally as far as I can see, having a UK based jockey riding no 1 for Coolmore. To me, Murtagh was the best in his short time riding for them. Of course, there are going to be still many winners given the types of horses. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is to be Colin Keane. The hunger of youth as well.
By:
punchestown
When: 19 Jun 20 14:39
Anybody hear the boys are trying to get Seamie a championship this year?,his price has tumbled apparently.
By:
olddesperado
When: 19 Jun 20 15:19
He gives too many tender rides imo.
Will he be able to de programme himself to get serious with horses in lesser races.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 19 Jun 20 16:41
The site of Ryan Moore changing hands in the final strides just left me open mouth...
By:
punchestown
When: 19 Jun 20 22:08
peckerdunne,less than 50 yards to go,7 yards between the horses,why change the horse's momentum/direction who was running for the stick by switching?
By:
Deplasterer
When: 19 Jun 20 23:06
Kingscote looks to have a decent 2yo with Lauded in the 1.50 2mor.Looks well drawn and won his maiden in good style on softish going first time up. Plenty of unknown types of course in this big field, on at 14s ew first 4. Good looking card 2mor again.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 20 Jun 20 10:35
Enjoyable but non profitable so far, cracking racing today though,St James looks a match where Pinatubo has a length to find with Witchita on Guineas running,i'm with him to turn it around.
Ryan Moore only seems to mess up when  am on him though.
Sceptical has a lot in its favour with most of the field not having a run,no bet as unproven class wise but would like to see him win.
Good luck.
By:
workrider
When: 20 Jun 20 11:20
Only bet for me there today is the GNS third Quadrilateral ....
By:
cloone river
When: 20 Jun 20 13:51
Alpine Star Wichita one master and the grand visir .
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Jun 20 14:17
Punchestown, i have no idea why?

Like i said i was open mouth, aghast,horrified.........

It was a strange thing to do given the horse was still going in a straight line, even hands and heels would have been better, he'll say he was beaten and educating, blah blah
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Jun 20 14:21
I've struggled through this Ascot meeting, the EW parts  have been a saviour really....

i dont back under 11/4, well very very seldom..........

Kempton 5.20 Seneca Chief at 2/1 is very fair imo to win again....
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Jun 20 15:06
Frankie, too friggin good to be true...........
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Jun 20 15:26
2,800 Workrider, thought you might have picked that one up for the forum......Laugh
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Jun 20 16:21
K Stott coming of age, well done to him, i think it was Tottenham that gave him a trial but he proved too small.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Jun 20 16:26
Kevin developing a slight Irish twang up there at Ryan's..........Laugh
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Jun 20 16:57
Frankel filly goes off at a big price, winning for B meehan..........
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Jun 20 17:28
Don't think that fav stayed 6f tbh, but never looked on it anyway, had Bernies boy as a cover bet.........should not heve bet the Fav myself, just serves as a reminder to me........

No profit this week.............
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com