Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deplasterer
06 Dec 19 20:22
| Topic/replies: 6,491 | Blogger: Deplasterer's blog
Used to be brilliant 7 to 10 years ago, great characters, plus the tips. Left now with the horse racing forum gob ****s.
Show More
Report Deplasterer December 6, 2019 9:25 PM GMT
Having said that, there's a few on horse racing forum ain't to bad.
Report frank60 December 10, 2019 3:56 PM GMT
Has done the same to the golf forum Deplasterer,  as you rightly say most of our best forumites have all but gone.
Report norn iron December 10, 2019 4:08 PM GMT
WEE HAVENT GONE AWAY YOU NO WinkGrin

IN FAIRNESS IT WAS CLASS SOME BEST THREADS EVER SOME VERY  KNOWLEDGABLE PUNTERS AND TIPS NO REASON WHY CAN RESTART ???

I LEFT FACEBOOK AS ITS FULL OF $HIT POSTERS ONLY REALLY ON TWITTER NOTHING BETTER BACK THEN RACING THREADS ON HERE WERE SUPERB AND JEEZ THERE WAS SOME CRACKING WINNERS

HAPPY XMAS FROM norn iron DevilLove
Report Deplasterer December 14, 2019 9:16 PM GMT
Aye Frank, golf forums tumbleweed except for majors, used to be some proper posters there also. Norn haven't been to D Royal in years, I take it you and workrider still meet up for the November meeting?

I have a decent bet on Gerwyn Price to win PDC darts, playing great and at around 5's can upset van Gerwyn.

Happy xmas
Report Deplasterer December 20, 2019 1:01 AM GMT
Our man should have beat my tip tonight, young O Connor had him, good player when he gets experience. The Welsh guy is a can't, but I want him this tourneySad
Report frank60 December 20, 2019 12:54 PM GMT
I cant get over the crowds at big darts tournements Dep, i wasn,t a bad player over 20plus years ago but i never thought crowds like these would attend,    the 2018 German Darts Masters has gone down in history as a record-breaking crowd for a darts event, with the attendance now officially verified.

An incredible 20,210 darts fans flocked to the Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen for the one-day spectacular which got the 2018 PDC World Series of Darts underway, marking the continued growth of the sport in Germany

The previous world record crowd for a darts event saw 14,354 spectators at the London & The South Divisional final of the News of the World Championship in 1939, while the previous PDC record was set earlier this year as over 12,000 fans attended Night Four of the Unibet Premier League in Berlin.

German Darts Masters crowd (PDC)

The German Darts Masters took place at the home of FC Schalke 04, which was transformed into a 'Darts Music Arena', with Mensur Suljovic beating Dimitri Van den Bergh 8-2 in the final.

The unique tournament was the first of six global events being held on the PDC's World Series of Darts circuit this year.

The second William Hill U.S. Darts Masters will be held in Las Vegas from July 5-7 as the World Series of Darts returns to action, before heading to Shanghai to complete a double-header.

August will then see tournaments being held in Auckland, Melbourne and Brisbane before the season-ending World Series of Darts Finals see the stars compete in Vienna in November. For tickets, see www.pdc.tv/tickets.

WORLD SERIES OF DARTS
ARTICLE BY JOSH PHILLIPS
Report frank60 December 20, 2019 1:08 PM GMT
Forget the last paragraph foremites,
Report monarch December 20, 2019 1:32 PM GMT
What amazes me with darts is it appears to never be as popular (attendences and viewing figures) but you would struggle to get a game in a lot of pubs. Many down my way don't even have boards up anymore sadly. Was always a handy way of making a few quid back after a bad day on the nags !!
Report frank60 December 20, 2019 6:16 PM GMT
I saw a few drunken fights in my early years over whos next to play Monarch,  Grin
Report Deplasterer December 22, 2019 11:19 AM GMT
The lady is showing the men how to play, she was awesome last night. Standard should go up from today onwards, with the start of 3rd round. Gurney looked back to something like his best too, a danger to anyone he meets.
Report kavvie December 22, 2019 12:59 PM GMT
i watched it and fair play to her.shes amazing. but her opponent who is an absolute gentleman of the highest order was  disgracefully booed every time he took to the board. it certainly got to him in the end and the organisers made no attempt to stop the booing.a stain on an otherwise great darts story.
Report workrider December 23, 2019 5:17 PM GMT
Western World Men are now so scared of Women they would do anything other than goad them, can you just imagine the uproar if it had been the other way round. Shameful really all those Mammys boys together in one room...
Report Deplasterer December 27, 2019 11:03 PM GMT
Price won easy, Van Gerwyn looking ominous know.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2019 3:04 PM GMT
FALLON SHERROCK certainly "ROCKED"! - "Queen of the Palace".

Sherrock's history-making run at the World Darts Championship has ended in the third round with defeat to Chris Dobey, having become the first woman to win a match at the championships. "I have enjoyed myself so much," said Sherrock, who next week plays in the BDO Women's World Championships.
"I didn't think this was ever possible. This is amazing and hopefully I can experience it again."
Report Deplasterer December 29, 2019 2:47 PM GMT
Price into quarters this evening, still not playing great though, don't think MVG will be losing much sleep though. Still, can only get better.
Report Deplasterer December 30, 2019 8:43 PM GMT
4-3 down in semi, playing like an average pub player atmCry
Report punchestown December 30, 2019 9:16 PM GMT
Price an absolute shocker tonight.
Report Deplasterer January 1, 2020 10:10 PM GMT
Nice to see Wright winning, best player overall. Still around 5/2 this evening, hard to back against MVG though.
Report haplessamatuer November 23, 2020 2:21 PM GMT
says2people viewing  this thread who's t'other
Report Toto82 November 23, 2020 3:37 PM GMT
hello
Report Cupwinkcook November 23, 2020 9:56 PM GMT
i am posting occasionally on the horse racing forum for the first time in years

this place used to be good, but dead now

shout out to former acquaintances, hope all are well
Report punchestown November 24, 2020 6:22 PM GMT
The Pat Smullen RIP thread got 4 responses here on the Irish Forum,that says it all Cupwinkcook.Sad
Report Kelly November 26, 2020 12:08 AM GMT
Poor response all right that punchestown .  But I reckon covid has affected most of us negatively , for instance the interest in horse racing has diminished because no one can go racing .

Two interesting recent events , today marks the death of Maradona , and it is 15 years to the day that saw George Best die . Both flawed superstars , but both in my top soccer players of all time .

On Sunday we witnessed ( against the odds in both cases) Tipp and Cavan joining Dublin and Mayo in the All-Ireland semi finals  , to give us the same 4 teams involved in the 1920 ( Bloody Sunday etc) series .

Spooky sometimes .
Report punchestown November 26, 2020 11:12 AM GMT
Aye Kelly,possible alright.

The forum will need a Lazarus type resuscitation to ever amount to anything again.
Report monarch November 26, 2020 9:25 PM GMT
Castro died the same day as Diego as well. Diego was a big fan of Fidel and his politics. As you say Kelly, spooky.
Report Cupwinkcook November 26, 2020 9:37 PM GMT
knowing my luck i would have laid Maradona to die on the same day as Castro at 360 on the basis that it was value
Report Cupwinkcook November 26, 2020 9:37 PM GMT
knowing my luck i would have laid Maradona to die on the same day as Castro at 360 on the basis that it was value
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com