Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Murphys Stroke
21 Jul 19 00:33
| Topic/replies: 193 | Blogger: Murphys Stroke's blog
Jesus Dave you managed to get 5 selections out of 5 wrong in the Tyrone match and one more in the Dublin match  Me thinks you’re a bit of a spoofer
Pause Switch to Standard View David Jennings
Show More
Report Murphys Stroke July 21, 2019 8:15 PM BST
7 out of 8 losing selections across the 2 games today as well.
Report RoyalAcademy July 24, 2019 12:41 PM BST
Its remarkable how little accountability there is for tips and selections generally.

Imagine being expected to tip a horse in every race? On the side of tipsters and journos, having to find a tip just because its a Thursday isn't made for clever investing but there are services out there that are profitable, none more so than the cheapest of all i.e. "free", Hugh Taylor.

There are also useful sites out there monitoring the P&L for most "paid for" services but the greatest drawback of all is getting on a) at the price and b) with the advised stake. Its why, if you have the time - and TIME it takes - that you should mostly be against the market and you are suppressing screams of joy when a Sovereign wins. (This fella was so unremarkable I had to google "2019 Irish Derby winner").

For anyone interested - anyone at all? - here's my opinion on some of the best judges: I can't speak for their profitability or strike-rate and its such a pity its not recorded - this would be the ultimate accountability even if you allow their advised price:

HT
R Delargy
Tony Keenan
G O'Brien
Stat of the Day (gg's sub)
Cleeve (sub)
JO'H (RP) - his dark horses column is excellent
Report jackmorris2205 July 26, 2019 2:09 PM BST
i have a spreadsheet of all Dj's  RP GAA tips from the season to date, currently showing a (very) minor profit  since the start of the summer.  @ Royal your tipster list looks good. i would also add gerald delamere from racing post he is showing +35 points in 2019 to date, only posts on saturdays usually in the big races though. In terms of laying services, are there any you have seen that are half decent? I use wayne baileys place lay service which is excellent. thinking about trying racing index also. regards Jack
Report The Gotchee July 26, 2019 7:11 PM BST
Well if he's in profit he shouldn't be knocked.

jackmorris, can you enlighten us with any advice on what tipsters we should be following?

Gary O'Brien was my favourite. Have you any stats on his results?
I've lost track of him since he left ATR.
Report RoyalAcademy July 29, 2019 5:37 PM BST
@jack: Check out The Smart Betting Club (UK) if you want some decent analysis, historical results and recommendations.

It can work out to pay a team for advices based on their full-time study.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com