Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frank60
02 Aug 18 20:18
| Topic/replies: 4,262 | Blogger: frank60's blog
Playing Spain Aug4th at 4.30, Great achievement considering the girls are  Amateur players,
Pause Switch to Standard View Ireland womens hockey team reach...
Show More
Report Kelly August 2, 2018 8:45 PM BST
Great showing .  Hockey not really on my radar , but good to see them doing brilliantly .
Report kincsem August 2, 2018 11:15 PM BST
Years ago I was in UCD Belfield and some hockey ladies were training.  Fit as butchers dogs.
Good luck in the semi-final, even getting there was a big win.
Report frank60 August 3, 2018 12:13 PM BST
The girls were out of pocket money taking time off to train.  maybe the government will give them a few bob for the olympics 2020 and if that fails the GAA might help out.Grin
Report jackmorris2205 August 3, 2018 1:01 PM BST
Phenomenal achievement, fair play to them. Coach is a very good speaker too.
Report peckerdunne August 3, 2018 2:19 PM BST
Good luck ladies...

No knowledge of it tbh...
Report frank60 August 3, 2018 6:15 PM BST
Most likely the 1st hockey post in the history of the irish forum Pecker, not a great fan myself but worth a mention nevertheless.
Report frank60 August 4, 2018 4:05 PM BST
Ireland in the final. bt spain, well done Ladies
Report Kriskin August 4, 2018 4:21 PM BST
You have to have admire what this team have done to reach a World Cup Final.  Amazing achievement
Report Kelly August 4, 2018 4:22 PM BST
Well done the ladies .
Report SlippyBlue August 4, 2018 6:46 PM BST
Go the girls in green, an absolutely brilliant performance to beat Spain and the final tomorrow afternoon against the Netherlands.
Report casemoney August 5, 2018 3:34 AM BST
What Price were the Young Colleens pre Tournament ?
Report frank60 August 5, 2018 12:29 PM BST
No market on betfair Casemoney, but the team were ranked 2nd lowest of the  qualifiers.
Report Vubiant August 5, 2018 10:49 PM BST
So how come they were larruped today -did they just fluke their way to the final? Plain
if so-well done anyway...we could do with more over-achievers.
Report peckerdunne August 6, 2018 2:23 PM BST
Holland batter all before them.

They have won 8 off the 14 world cups held.

You must already know this, surely.
Report workrider August 6, 2018 7:13 PM BST
Who ever heard of playing a World Cup semi final the day before the Final, Women had no time to recover from a epic semi...
Report jimeen August 7, 2018 9:36 AM BST
The other semi final was on the same day , you clown , and both went to a penalty shootout, so there was no advantage whatsoever for either team. Thank god the Dutch beat the bolllox out of them, otherwise we’d never hear the end of it . They played that horses pisss Ireland’s call as a national anthem and if you go into the hockey website , they don’t even go under the tricolor, they have some makey uppy flag. So in all probability what we have here are a bunch of tan women who are about as Irish as Rhonda Paisley.
Report peckerdunne August 7, 2018 3:09 PM BST
So in all probability what we have here are a bunch of tan women who are about as Irish as Rhonda Paisley.

What can one say?
Report peckerdunne August 7, 2018 3:11 PM BST
Commentators must get a diploma in absolute bulls hit.......

I think i'll watch a re run of Jeremy Kyle..........Laugh
Report peckerdunne August 7, 2018 3:13 PM BST
sry wrong thread........above post

I was referring to the ten minutes of my life wasted watching womens cricket.
Report kavvie August 7, 2018 3:17 PM BST
and speaking about the scutter that is  irelands call,what were they at playing it before the first race in galway last monday evening? do the not know weve got a national anthem and that we were in ireland? or were they afraid a few northern bookies might object?  it put me in bad humour .no wonder i backed no winners that evening!!
Report Vubiant August 7, 2018 11:10 PM BST
Let it go out from here that no sporting group is going to stop me chanting a soldier's song ,donning my uniform ,grabbing a rifle and entering the gap of danger to repel and smash any would-be despots wishing to subject the proud, morally pure , high-principled Irish people to slavery or even thralldom..
Report peckerdunne August 8, 2018 3:44 PM BST
No one rules the waves.
Report pa lapsy August 9, 2018 1:35 PM BST
Shane Ross jumping on the bandwagon again same as the Liam Miller Pairc saga pledging big bucks for womens hockey,Yer wan with the 6 children that spent the night in the guards station must be thrilled.
Yes, build more hockey piches and leave the homeless in the street,you know it makes sense.
(Not specifically aimed at hockey though the gut says tis a bit elitist but racing,gaa and the rest,no bobs to anyone til the important things are sorted first)
Report dj876 August 9, 2018 6:08 PM BST
The incident in Tallaght station was a publicity stunt. She ceased contact with the housing authorities or would have been found a place. She wanted to post the pictures on social media to create publicity and be moved up the lists

Where is the individual responsibility? 6 kids at 28,if you can't provide a standard of living for your current children-everyone has choices. Ireland has one of the most generous welfare systems in the world-they're probably accruing €1200 per week in total state support. In my view people living in hotels aren't homeless.

There is only so much the state can do for you,there has to be a balance. If one gets a 10k pay rise per annum-you keep a €100 per week and they give the state the other ton.
Report pa lapsy August 9, 2018 7:17 PM BST
If that is so(and may well be the case) she should have another visit to that garda station and detained there on the grounds of attempted fraud on the housing authority.
I can't argue in regards resposibility,too many couples paying rent/mortgage put children on the back burner which though "responsible" is also no choice.
The state has done enough indeed for most,it has done more than enough for non nationals also,the housing pool for one would be bigger and probably a lot more affordable, that i hope isn't taken in a racist context but can be seen by simply walking down a street in any town.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2019 12:25 AM GMT
((((((Ireland's WOMEN'S HOCKEY Qualified for Tokyo 2020))))))
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com