Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kelly
01 Aug 18 00:53
| Topic/replies: 8,517 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
Fastest selling Open in history to date .  Anyone interested should get on the ball , particularly if looking for tickets on play days ( as against practice days ).

Locals are in "Russian" mode ( remember the hoohaa surrounding accomodation for World Cup ) .  Cheapest accomodation for the Open week that I saw on relevant site was £3500 , for a 2 bedroom apartment . A  4 bedroom semi d has been rented for £9500 for the week . DUP are rubbing their hands .

Season tickets are £230-310, not sure what is included in the difference .  Nasty element to the exercise is that there is no re-entry apparently , which caused a lot of angst last time they ran the Irish Open at Portrush .  Just too bad if you have to leave and cant get back in despite having a ticket . When I went to the Irish Open at Royal Co Down the year after we were able to go out and walk the 300 yards to the end of Golf Links Road and get an excellent lunch before returning to course .  A certain star players Mum and Dad got our table when we left , surprised they were not in the inner sanctum .

Now I wonder if you had a Portush member ticket how could they refuse you going in and out as many times as you wanted .
Pause Switch to Standard View British Open 2019 Portrush
Show More
Report kincsem August 1, 2018 3:20 AM BST
I bought mine on Sunday 22nd July, a weekly ticket with parking (4 practice days, 4 playing days)
They will sell out.

File Number: ******
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT YOUR TICKET

Dear Sir,
Thank you for submitting your order for tickets to the 148th Open at Royal Portrush.
Your tickets will be sent out closer to the event to the following address:

If you have not received your tickets 3 weeks before the event, please contact us at
Report Kelly August 1, 2018 11:14 AM BST
Probably will , kingsem . I don't need a season ticket though , or a parking one , luckily one of my sons is a member and they get concessions etc . 8 days is a long time to be spending exclusively on a golf course  , particularly when they don't allow you to go out and come back .

Re the site I tried to book a couple of days but could not build up a "bucket" , each booking had to be seperate .  However it worked out cheaper as they give a £5 discount if your debit card has "Mastercard "on it , the £15 Sunday practice day would have cost only £10 . Not often you would get a 33% discount these days .
Report kincsem August 1, 2018 3:14 PM BST
I will only be there for three days max.
It was easier to buy the week, then next year I can decide which days to go.
I live in Dublin so might stay closer for one night - Open, overnight, Open, home.
Overnight might be Dundalk, still a fair drive to the course.
Report Kelly August 1, 2018 7:57 PM BST
Hard to plan a year in advance , kincsem. Know we are still trying to formulate plans as we expect visitors from far afield . Reasonably priced accomodation will be very hard to find  , plenty in and around Belfast , but anywhere within 15 miles of Portrush is mostly gone from what I hear unless your pockets are lined with silver . Guess we just keep trucking until plans unfold .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 3, 2018 3:31 PM BST
Thanks for the heads-up on tickets.....

Plenty of accommodation available in Londonderry Devil
Report Kelly August 3, 2018 4:39 PM BST
Wonder will Rory stay in Londonderry and on which side of the bridge ? A friend told me that the Rory people hired his brother in laws accomodation in Portstewart when the Irish open was there . Over looking the harbour etc . Did not hear the sums involved  though .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com