Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Biffo2010
25 Jul 18 22:33
| Topic/replies: 1,921 | Blogger: Biffo2010's blog
Looking to have a decent bet at 1.6 if anybody interested
Pause Switch to Standard View Anyone willing to lay me 1.6 on the Dubs
Show More
Report Kelly July 26, 2018 12:48 PM BST
Opposition to the Dubs efforts in retaining their All-Ireland crown is melting faster than ice creams in current climate . Kerry looked like opposition in winning Munster so easily , but Munster football now appears to be at a very low ebb , apart from Kerry . They need top of the ground though .

Dubs will probably face Kerry in the semis , assuming Kerry win their last super 8 easily in Killarney. 

Galway look like their final opponents given what we have seen in last few weeks, but the Dubs would be 1/4 in that match up.

Good luck in your search for decent value Biffo .
Report Biffo2010 July 26, 2018 12:59 PM BST
Thanks Kelly .. I think Monaghan could get a result v Galway to get them through.. IF Kerry get through id be a small bit fearful of their forward line clicking against the dubs and causing them trouble.You're an offalyman are u , what part?
Report Kelly July 26, 2018 1:09 PM BST
No Biffo , Down . And we are going nowhere at county level .
Report Biffo2010 July 26, 2018 1:21 PM BST
That makes two of us! Thought u were on Offalyman from reading posts on here , maybe theres another Kelly on here.
Think Distant View matched most of my bet the last time i wanted a decent bet on the GAA on here but he doesnt seem to be about now
Report kavvie July 26, 2018 3:33 PM BST
you might get 1/2 straight off a bookie standing  at galway next week if your there.noel cummins? or you could ring him.hes a big gaa bookie.with strong opinions.
Report Kelly July 26, 2018 3:59 PM BST
Yeah , Galway might be the dart if you are going Biffo .
Report Biffo2010 July 27, 2018 4:16 PM BST
Cheers lads for advice.
Report Kelly August 12, 2018 11:41 AM BST
Hope you got accomodated , biffo .  Looking good for the Dubs again , beat Galway without coming out of a training gallop .

Think Monaghan or Tyrone would put up more of a 70 minute fight than Galway did , wonder why Galway appeared to be non triers against Monaghan , big mistake . Or maybe they just wanted to spike Kerry . Got their just desserts anyway yesterday , no All Ireland final and blown the chance of a memorable hurling/ football double .

War of attrition todays semi , suspect it might be low scoring .
Report jimeen August 12, 2018 12:44 PM BST
Gaelic football is a load of old bowloxx now, throwing it around the pitch , kicking it backwards , throwing the ball in the net , and then you have one team who would probably beat the pick of the rest of the counties . Dublin have the numbers , the home advantage, biggest sponsors , so basically the other teams are seriously disadvantaged. Why would teams from the weaker counties put any effort in , seeing that their fate is sealed before the season starts. Teams like Cork Offaly Meath Down Derry Donegal Armagh , teams that have won all Ireland’s relatively recently , would be better off doing tug of war for the year, with the football competition being so lopsided.
Report frank60 August 12, 2018 1:02 PM BST
I have to agree with you on some of your post Jimeen, one thats gets on my wick is useing the hand to score a goal, passing the ball with the hand backwards when you have a good lead would make you fall asleep, i much prefer the hurling ..and im a DUB.
Report kavvie August 12, 2018 1:26 PM BST
ive got to agree.if a foreigner who knew nothing about football came in and you told him how it works he would be puzzled.  once dublin got organised 10/15 years ago the game was up. they have over half the population of the country to pick from,a huge amount of sponsors/money, and get to play all the games that count at home. but they are a cash cow for the gaa and nothing will change.well it might possibly in 8/10 years when dublin have won 12 out of the previous 15 all irelands..an odd team will beat them(donegal beat them but its was a game that was going to be an easy dubs win until a series of unlikely events occured,despite what jimmy mcguiness will say) as they are only human but it will seldom happen.  hurling is the only game in town now. at least you have 5/6 teams every year who can win it.
Report frank60 August 12, 2018 4:00 PM BST
I love the hurling Kav ,i hope Dublin can win the all ireland before i pass on,,i think 1938 was there last success.
Report jimeen August 12, 2018 5:28 PM BST
The all ireland football final should be good , if you got a ticket for nothing you wouldn’t take it .
Report kavvie August 12, 2018 6:27 PM BST
if i was paid to attend id be slow enough.an ideal day to go racing, get away from it. and maybe look at the highlights at ht and ft..
Report peckerdunne August 13, 2018 11:12 AM BST
Mickey will be bringing a bag full of highlights.

The illegal tackle disguised as legal.

The running into the opposition foul creator.

The off balance heavy tackle dive to the ground ref what are you going to do about it.

The blanket all out spirit of the game attacking systems.

Off course the favourite will be the attempt to derail the game of football by the effort to

involve the opposition.

Clearly practicing this in training as a unit, clearly a policy.

Clearly going to get battered and finally see off the Mickey.
Report kavvie August 13, 2018 1:08 PM BST
the latest trick/stunt i noticed is players running across in front of the freetaker to put him off..thats a new one to me..
Report Biffo2010 August 15, 2018 1:01 AM BST
Got a bit on in the high 1.3s middle of last week Kelly so happy enough.. Wasnt overly impressed by the Dubs in the first half.. Hard to see that Tyrone team stopping them.. PP 1/8 Dublin for the final. Cannot remember seeing a team as short to win an All Ireland final.. What price were Kerry n '82?
If anyone on here comes across a couple of spares for the final , give me a shout.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 15, 2018 5:58 AM BST
Ah the now annual culchie seethfest, it gets more satisfying year after year.
Hurling is more exciting than football, no sheet it always has been. Funny it was only Kilkenny or Tipperary who where winning the hurling for years but I don't remember this much hate or begrudgery.
Even in the football it was fine when it was Kerry year on year, or the Nordy's throughout the noughties.
Anyway enjoy watching a brilliant football team on Sunday 3 weeks, or don't and come on here crying about them winning 4 in a row, it'll only be 51 weeks until 5 in a row then.
Report jimeen August 15, 2018 9:01 AM BST
Teams have dominated in both codes  in the past but not to this extent, and the off putting thing is, it looks like it’s only starting . Dublin will get stronger and stronger , while the bulk of the remainder will fade away. Combine that with the fact that it’s complete and utter garbage to watch in its present form, then the GAA are faced with a serious problem going forward . In a few more years the football will mirror the Scottish Premier League, a runaway winner every year , with all neutrals not even caring , as it’s so lopsided and so pathetic.
I think myself that most culchies couldn’t give a fukk about Dublin, with the possible exception being Kerry , who are about the only team who have any semblance of a chance on any given day .
Report Kelly August 15, 2018 1:36 PM BST
The hand pass is the problem . As a defender you cannot stop competent hand passers retaining possession ad infinitum until a gap appears . Essentially now you cannot stop a team from scoring unless you "bottle up" the man in possession . Hence the tactics which stultify the game  , even if played at high pace and skill by a team like the Dubs .

The beauty about hurling is that nobody plays possession hurling , the prime objective is scoring and you can score from anywhere within 80 yards of the posts , unlike football where 30-40 yards seems to be the furthest most modern day footballers can shoot with any degree of accuracy ( count the wides and pathetic shooting from both sides last Sunday in the Tyrone - Monaghan match ) .

Somebody somewhere within the GAA does not want a restriction on the hand pass . THe original hand pass expert team was Antrim in the 40's , it took them to an All-Ireland semi final , great for Antrim supporters who have had no great days since , but their hand pass was akin to a throw and they perfected the technique to defeat teams with essentially better footballers .Rule change, the hand pass then had to be fisted , and its use was dormant largely as coaches instructed players that the reason for the hand pass was to allow a player to "get out of trouble as they could not get a kick in ".

Football has to go back to "FOOTball" . Easy way is to limit hand pass to 2 , which still allows a player to get out of trouble , but ensures that the ball has to be kicked forward ( normally) to progress up the field . I would like to see some no account match take place where one team got the ball from the throw in and kept handpassing it a round for 35 minutes , just to prove a point .

In recent times only the committed supporters are going to matches , no neutral spectators who want to see good sport would bother . The "good"players these days just have to be super fit , fielding a ball is largely irrelevant except for kickouts ( and then you get a mark).

Limiting the hand pass would also largely negative the current trend for running into other players and drawing a free which should have been given the other way ( evidenced substantially last Sunday ) but hard for refs to adjudicate on . Before the hand passing mania became prevalent you had to hand toe the ball while getting past an opponent , which gave an opponent the chance to legitimately dispossess you or shoulder you off the ball , close hand pass transfer now prevents this .

Give us back our FOOTball !
Report jimeen August 15, 2018 3:01 PM BST
There should be one hand pass and no more , no scoring with your hand under any circumstances, and certainly no more than one backward pass. Anything less than that is just some half hearted measure, a bit like soccer putting the officials behind the goal, for the goal line nonsense that happens once a season.
The hurling could also help itself by using cameras behind the goals so that people at home could have an idea whether the ball is heading over the bar or not , it can’t be that hard in this day and age . A fella with a cam recorder would do as good a job as the knobbs in RTÉ
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com