Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
21 Jul 18 21:18
| Topic/replies: 31,412 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Looks as if the Mafia finally got the peoples message....
Pause Switch to Standard View GAA V L Miller....
Show More
Report workrider July 23, 2018 5:13 PM BST
Queen, Tubby, Gaa lackeys , a shameful thing to be doing , a family in need a ground lying empty, yeah its the FAI 's fault...I see more sensible Gaa men said they feel EMBARRASSED by the actions of the Mafia...
Report Kelly July 23, 2018 5:45 PM BST
Cant see any problem regarding lending premier ( now) GAA ground to the soccer people for a charity event .  Sad that the soccer people have not got a suitable venue given the number of people who support soccer in one way or another in Ireland . Bad husbandry in my opinion .
Report workrider July 23, 2018 7:02 PM BST
Its a charity match for a Corkman , the situation is sadly lacking sympathy from a group of people who say they support Irish people, sadly that only seems to apply if you're a Gaa man. Regarding the support of Irish soccer . We are not blessed with a Government that will donate 30.Million euro to help us unlike the Gaa. That's 30million of taxpayers money by the way...
Report workrider July 23, 2018 7:12 PM BST
Lovely piece on Soccer Republic atm , looking at the Human side of this , unlike the money grabbing Gaa.
Report peckerdunne July 23, 2018 7:51 PM BST
I think this issue is significant and should be approached with a great deal of care.

A bigger picture lads than just parish pump moral bribery.
Report peckerdunne July 23, 2018 7:51 PM BST
Emotional bribery.
Report Racingqueen July 23, 2018 9:39 PM BST
The irony of wonks whose usual contributions to this forum consist of bashing the GAA(the mafia he says) and spouting nonsense about Shamrock Rovers now "demanding" the GAA lend out an asset to a sport which is the richest in the world to play a game organised by a property developer in which the players will have earned minimum 8 to 9 figures during their lives for a family who wonks states is in need despite the fact the person for whom the match is being played would have played for Man Utd, Celtic, Sunderland and Leeds during the richest time in the premier leagues history. He according to media earned 25k per week at Utd alone.
Report tobywong. July 23, 2018 9:53 PM BST
The FAI mismanage their organisation for decades, poor stadiums, poor attendances, bankrupt clubs, hile johhny d and his cohorts take home 6 figure salaries.

Now all of a sudden say we want to use that big GAA stadium there in Cork.

The GAA say no hang on it does not work like that we have rules in place from congress and even outside that there are issues re staffing, catering , security, insurance etc.

The soccer/fai brigade kick up a fuss - backward Ireland, backward GAA, etc.

Yet the GAA has already opened up Croke Park to other sports - provided the FAI a home when they could not even squat in IRFU's while it was been redeveloped, this is 10 years ago and still sweet fa has been done by the fai to readdress this .

I think this game will go ahead but even the day and time of it is ridiculous , shows that they don't give 2 fks about the average joe, as alluded to earlier this has being used as a convenient stick to beat the GAA with on the whole , much the better they finally get their house in order, they are a joke.
Report The Gotchee July 23, 2018 9:55 PM BST
It's a fundraising event. The GAA have been put in an awkward position.
If the multi millionaire superstars of soccer that are prepared to turn up, the likes of Roy Keane, Rio Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, Martin O'Neill, Damien Duff et al would put their hand in their pocket and donate 50,000 each the  problem would be  solved. I've a feeling that won't happen.
These ar$eholes don't want to make a contribution, they want the proletariat to to spend their hard earned to support this worthy cause. Their mere appearance is all they want to contribute.
Some of them will probably want to claim back their travel and accommodation expenses.
It's like Bono, Mary Robinson and the late Peter Sutherland telling Ireland to take in 1000's of Syrian refugees. The question is, who's going to pay for them?
The tax evader Bono? Mary (5 houses) Robinson, Peter  Sutherland the Switzerland resident (for paying as little tax as possible).
No, none of the above.
Sure the little Irish man will pay for them.
Report Racingqueen July 23, 2018 10:01 PM BST
2 top quality posts above. well said
Report workrider July 24, 2018 9:30 AM BST
As usual the Gaa lackeys defend the indefensible , of course the Gaa have better Stadiums, after all they PAY no one . At least over 90% of the Gaa lads are now holding up their hands in disgust and shame at the Gaa's stand on this. Fair play to them , unlike others still caught in that 60/70s time warp they see this as a human story rather than a financial one. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Government gave us Soccer lads 30million of taxpayers money to upgrade a few Stadiums , I won't hold my breath, not while the majority of the elected have such close ties with the Gaa and their ilk!
Report Racingqueen July 24, 2018 1:19 PM BST
I see that the bould Damien Duff is on lambasting the GAA this morning. No doubt if the cretin dropped his wallet in the PUC changing rooms, it would have more cash than the gate receipts.

Has Wonks explained why a tin shaking exercise is taking place for a guy who earned 25k per week in the premier league?

How many bread winners that earn less than that in a year will be told they have terminal cancer this year? Will Duff be contributing to those families?
Report frank60 July 24, 2018 2:30 PM BST
RQ  to be fair  Damien Duff gave all his earnings [150.000e] that he earned with Shamrock Rovers to Charity, he is know to be very good with his time to a number of charities.
Report workrider July 24, 2018 6:00 PM BST
Laugh Premier...
Report frank60 July 24, 2018 6:17 PM BST
Happy
Report Racingqueen July 24, 2018 6:57 PM BST
Thats right Frank and the bould Damien made sure the entire media circus was fully aware of his "donation". Showed himself an K**b during his stint on RTE and him shoving his SR earnings to charity is akin to me flinging a fiver in the poor box. 2.34 million the bould Damien earned per year and supposedly has a net worth of 30 odd million and he's getting credit for not rinsing a LOI pub team for 150k Laugh

Sure why doesn't Duffer fling another 150k at the "Family in need".

Has Wonks yet explained why a "Fundraiser" is taking place for a guys family where he earned 25k per week.
Report workrider July 24, 2018 9:37 PM BST
Queenie, all sportsmen should just give their wages away it seems according to your vision of things, maybe you might put a few quid into the aul collection box yourself. Your bigotry shines like a beacon. How much of their salaries do the guys who run the Gaa give to anything never mind charity, biggest money grabbers in Ireland under the guise of Amateurism . Why work for a living when you can get players to make it for you, and receive nothing in return, just tell them to do it for the COUNTY....Shame on them...
Report workrider July 24, 2018 9:44 PM BST
Just have a look at their accounts , over 60 million last year alone, 5% of that from the IRISH TAXPAYER included in that figure. Boy what a BIG pie to be eating from. Someone getting a nice little earner from that no doubt!
Report Racingqueen July 24, 2018 11:20 PM BST
According to Wiki Duff joined rovers in July 2015 pledging the salary from his 18 month contract worth 150k to charity. "After nine games for the Dublin-based side, on 21 December 2015 he announced his retirement from football".......hope the clown still gave the 150k to charity or did any of his media mates follow up to ask him? Just think of it if Frank is right thats 150k for 9 games. No wonder the LOI is in the dumps.
Report pa lapsy July 25, 2018 10:30 AM BST
Can see both sides of this argument on the thread,it is a rule re soccer that was made a century ago in different times,redunant now imo, i won't comment on the Miller family(RIP) but as Marymount is also a beneficary surely ought to go ahead. No excuses to hide behind rules when morally only one answer.
Report workrider July 25, 2018 12:54 PM BST
Well said Pa...
Report workrider July 25, 2018 1:07 PM BST
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Share to Email App

The GAA has defended the policy in relation to the inclusion of top salaries in its annual accounts. Under FRS (Financial Reporting Standard) 102, accounts are meant to include the aggregate payments to key management personnel.

For the purposes of this provision the GAA argue that its relevant personnel is the association’s Management Committee, which is a body of volunteers and as such receives no remuneration.

‘Key management personnel’ is defined as: “Those persons having authority and responsibility for planning, directing and controlling the activities of the entity, directly or indirectly, including any director (whether executive or otherwise) of that entity.”

Arguing that Management is the body entrusted with the above functions means that the remuneration of full-time staff in Croke Park does not get listed.
Report workrider July 25, 2018 1:12 PM BST
Open to the public eh Queenie, I for one would like to know who's taking home My tax ...A thing that big should make a FULL statement of where its income is going.

Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Share to Email App

The GAA has defended the policy in relation to the inclusion of top salaries in its annual accounts. Under FRS (Financial Reporting Standard) 102, accounts are meant to include the aggregate payments to key management personnel.

For the purposes of this provision the GAA argue that its relevant personnel is the association’s Management Committee, which is a body of volunteers and as such receives no remuneration.

‘Key management personnel’ is defined as: “Those persons having authority and responsibility for planning, directing and controlling the activities of the entity, directly or indirectly, including any director (whether executive or otherwise) of that entity.”

Arguing that Management is the body entrusted with the above functions means that the remuneration of full-time staff in Croke Park does not get listed.

Tom Ryan is the GAA’s Director of Finance. Asked was the focus of the accounting standard not the full-time staff rather than the voluntary committee, he accepted that there was a case for that but given the definition of key management personnel, that the latter was a more appropriate route to take.

“You could argue that and we did toss that around with the auditors (Mazars) but what we have in it, the auditors are happy complies with the requirements. We did give it a bit of deliberation but I believe that we meet the required standards. In an organisation like ours, which is volunteer led, you’d be slow to say that the leadership is actually the full-time staff. That would be a little bit anathema.”

Friction

The distinction in the past between full-time administrators and elected officials was a cause of friction with political power more often residing in the network of voluntary committees, appointed by the president that run the organisation’s activities.
Report Racingqueen July 25, 2018 1:17 PM BST
Has George the Greek been found yet Wonks? He'd be able to advise the FAI on financial matters Laugh
Report kavvie July 25, 2018 2:22 PM BST
this has gone off topic.i think the gaa will allow their ground in cork to be used for the fundraiser for a worthy cause and rightly so. and it will be.but to be lectured by the likes of damien duff is  not on at all.

the charge against the gaa  blah blah "grab all association" etc doesnt actually hold water.the likes of john delaney etc are on huge salarys in comparison to any full time officials of the gaa.and every penny the gaa take in in accounted for and goes back to the grassroots for games development , coaching staff, ground development etc.in fact its my opinion the gaa have too many top quality high capacity grounds.  the league of ireland is dying on its feet and the national team doesnt look to be going anywhere fast, share a ground with the irfu ,yet we have m o neill and r keane on a combined salary of over 2 m a year?  nice money eh. meanwhile the gaa have their house in order financially and quietly go about their business with minimum of fuss.
Report workrider July 25, 2018 3:33 PM BST
Kavvie, Pa already allured to same, it seems you are the one taking it away from topic. This was a MORAL story or if you like a HUMAN one . A young family needing money for its Children's education etc. Most GAA people I spoke to were horrified with the stand taken , in all fairness to them . Tubby,and Queenie started the money v motive stuff . Nobody is saying for a second the the GAA is not well run, or its financial status is less than any other sporting organisation . The simple fact is there should NEVER have been a moments hesitation in offering the Stadium for such a cause...What has now happened is the GAA is now looked upon as a PRIVILEGED organisation getting MILLIONS of taxpayers money but unwilling to share their Stadiums . Regards the money grabbing statement, Ed Sheeran is hardly a local lad on hard times, yet he graced the place for a couple of nights, oh I forgot it not about the money is it!
Report Racingqueen July 25, 2018 3:48 PM BST
for the kids education eh Wonks? What happened the 25k per year, the money from the Scott Brown Testimonial?

I thought it was a charity event?
Report Racingqueen July 25, 2018 3:48 PM BST
25k per week
Report kavvie July 25, 2018 3:50 PM BST
yes the money is got from ed sheeran but its given back to the grass roots.the gaa are very prudent about earning money. there is or was was no reason  for the gaa not to give the stadium.and there wont be.but putting a gun to their head and public pronouncents byt the likes of damien duff was never the right way of doing it. diplomacy is the way to go..and i think the lad organising it sounds very calm and im sure it will go ahead in front of 45000
Report workrider July 25, 2018 4:05 PM BST
See what I mean Kavvie, the lackey Queenie can't help himself poor lad. Amateur by name only it seems , lots of people getting a piece of a HUGE pie. So tell me why a MULTI MILLIONAIRE as in Eds case, is allowed use a ground that's specifically for IRISH sports only, or so the GAA RULES say...A case of money wagging the dogs tail if there ever was one.
Report kavvie July 25, 2018 4:14 PM BST
pop music isnt a rival irish sport !?! it was far from the tail wagging the dog? i dunno how you could think that?  it was commercially viable for the gaa to run a concert with ed playing to the mutual benefit of both.? people enjoyed it.ed made money and the gaa made money.same  thing as the aviva running concerts.  they do it to make money for their association and the clubs all around ireland get the benefit..its simple enough really.
Report workrider July 25, 2018 4:17 PM BST
Surely they'll get a cut from this game ...? Or are you telling me the real reason for the refusal is they WONT....
Report workrider July 25, 2018 4:19 PM BST
Maybe its a return to the good aul days you'd like , when even WATCHING a Soccer game got you banned, Ollie suffered that indignity if I remember correctly..
Report Racingqueen July 25, 2018 4:23 PM BST
No one is saying the ground can't be used so long as rules are respected and its for a charity where the spending of the funds can be accounted for and some vague notion like the kids education.
If it was stated Marymount would get 100% of the funds, there would be no issue.
Report kavvie July 25, 2018 5:28 PM BST
ah wr what you taking about the gud aul days? your better than the the ban is gone a long long time..and of course the gaa wouldnt take a fee if its on in the pairc..im sure the boys damien(worth 20m) and roy(40m) will also dig deep into their pockets.
Report Kelly July 25, 2018 6:03 PM BST
Anyone complaining about salaries or payments to GAA people in comparison to the grotesque amounts handed out to players and managers in the soccer scene is definitely backing a loser . At grass roots level thousands of GAA parents in particular give freely and substantially of their time in fostering development particularly at under age level .  Other sports could well take a leaf out of that book . Very few are not out of pocket due to their activity .

Suspect too that there is an element of hype to guarantee a big attendance ( not that anyone would begrudge any money raised for a worthy cause).
Report frank60 July 25, 2018 6:14 PM BST
I see Eamon Dunphy is leaving R.T.E. after 40years but not to worry foremites Damien Duff is takeing his place Grin. nice to see the irish forum on fire again,  Wildman and Ozie might drop in .
Report workrider July 25, 2018 9:05 PM BST
Kelly, I have two Sons who played Soccer to a good level, one of them got a trial with Bradford when they were in the Premiership, and I can tell you there were plenty of parents doing their bit for the clubs on match days etc. Its not only the GAA that have people to help, Thousends of Soccer players parents do it on a regular basis , its called Love for your Children...
Report Racingqueen July 25, 2018 9:34 PM BST
hope you don't have to deal with the bold Damien Laugh

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/damien-duff-fed-up-with-pain-in-the-...
Report jimeen July 26, 2018 11:16 AM BST
Wonker, forget  about Liam Miller and the GAA, the big question here is who the fukk is taking home your tax ?. For the love of Jesus , if there was work in bed you’d get out of it , ya little scrounging yoke. If Liam Millers family were depending on your tax , they’d be in some state . Saying that if you gave them half the benefits your mob have gathered since you were 18, you’d be able to buy the White House for them .
Report workrider July 26, 2018 11:54 AM BST
Spoken like a true farmer Jimeen...
Report Kelly July 26, 2018 12:20 PM BST
Workrider, when I was growing up there were 3 GAA ( under age ) players in our district, county minors , nearest club in our own county was 15 miles away , so we had to play across city in West Belfast ( bus travel ) . No senior players at all . Hundreds plus kids in the district were playing soccer ( on municipal pitches of course , funded by the tax payer) . A primary school class mate played Division One in England( then the premier ) for years .There were attendances of 20,000 plus at Irish league matches , regularly. I attended an international match in Windsor Park with 58,000 others ( dangerous I reckoned , glad to see match finish to get out ). With that level of support etc how come the soccer clubs locally are nearly all on their knees , looking for handouts, no money spent on developing facilities , relying on the "government" ( such as it is ) . The soccer clubs own virtually no grounds , nearly every decent sized parish up here ( and down south ) has an excellent GAA pitch and comparable facilities , nearly all paid for . 

Nowadays in same district there are hundreds of kids playing GAA daily , it is now safe to walk to a GAA pitch facility here , used to be dangerous , particularly carrying a hurl . One local facility has put in 2 3g or 4g pitches ( 6-7 hundred thousand per pitch I am told ) , part funded by GAA contribution .  To my knowledge soccer is putting in nothing , rugby is contributing as well as GAA.

Soccer as I see it is completely obsessed with developing players to fuel professional clubs across the water, lots of under age players who show any sort of potential get trials , but the reality is that few make the grade and they finish up with dreams of "making it" shattered . Great for those who do make it , but they are statistically rare . Those running the soccer scene have failed to tap into the interest in their sport to generate facilities , they have been too interested in being a "blazer" and "supporting" teams ( not always at their own expense) . Up here traditionally soccer always got first cut of the council money for sport , nowadays the cake has to be more equally divided  , but it is the GAA ( and rugby to be fair to them ) who are pushing out the boat . Soccer just wants a free tow .
Report jimeen July 26, 2018 2:15 PM BST
Excellent post Kelly, and you are 100 % spot on, there is a huge difference between the general GAA supporter and the average soccer supporter. The bulk of soccer support in this country comes from inner city Dublin , low life’s who have their hand out since they were 18 years of age . Fellas who have never worked in their lives , going round looting , shittting in peoples gardens , fighting people at wakes on the way to grounds, all that kind of stuff, whereas GAA will and always has been trouble free , with a completely different kind of fan.
Report workrider July 26, 2018 2:45 PM BST
**** me Jimeen, I never had you down for a Dub....LaughLaughLaugh
Report workrider July 26, 2018 2:47 PM BST
A few of your mates Jimeen...

0:21

Two teams fight at GAA game (Gaelic Football)
Buff Egan

4.5K views
8 months ago
This is not an uncommon sight at local GAA matches. Often a seen as a mix of skill and strength. All GAA players have to have that ...
Report jimeen July 26, 2018 2:52 PM BST
I know of one fan of a LOI soccer team who brought his sons with him to go looting and pimped his daughter at a score a pop , during the games . She was on her knees more often than the players !. Some filth go to that soccer in fairness , dole cheats , scroungers, robbers , pimps, every kind of yoke really.
Report workrider July 26, 2018 2:54 PM BST
Or maybe this is your kind of Savagery .....

4:54
Conor Sketches Impressions! | Up For The Match | RTÉ One
RTÉ - IRELAND’S NATIONAL PUBLIC SERVICE MEDIA
Recommended for you

6:47
Celtic 4-0 Rangers | William Hill Scottish Cup 2017-18 – Semi-Final
The William Hill Scottish Cup
Recommended for you

2:54
GAA's Biggest Hits & Tackles | Motivation
Daragh Kelly
254K views

3:48
1996 Sunday Game Brawl Mayo V Meath Analysis
Mike Gallagher
97K views

2:45
Top 5 Hurling Goals
Daragh Kelly
71K views
Last 5 Minutes Of Kilkenny v Tipperary - 2014 Hurling Final
4inarowDublinJacks
109K views
Criminal Gangster vs Army crazy fighter !!!
STRELKA Уличные Бои / STRELKA Street Fight
Recommended for you
"Rambo or Billy Elliott?" | Limerick hurlers on the rise - Cian Lynch |
Off The Ball
2.6K views
American Watches Hurling For The First Time! [ Best Goals & Points ] || SPORTS REACTIONS
SPORTS REACTIONS
Recommended for you
Antrim v Derry 2000 Ulster SFC Semi Final
PJ's Classic GAA Videos
Recommended for you
Shane Dowling Interview Na Piarsaigh Limerick SHC eir Sport 2017
Shane Dawson
2K views
Armagh v Tyrone 2005 Ulster SFC Final Replay
PJ's Classic GAA Videos
Recommended for you
Allianz League Opener proves to be a Thriller | TG4 | An Clár v Cill Chainnigh
TG4
9.6K views
A League Of Their Own Does Hurling
HughMc74
106K views
David Clifford - "Wonderkid" | Goals & Points HD
Daragh Kelly
Recommended for you
#GAA
Scrap Breaks Out During Limerick County Final
Report Kelly July 26, 2018 3:45 PM BST
Most of the sports where we as a nation are on the front foot are organised nationwide .  Soccer is irrevocably split , will be until a few more events hasten sense . Soccer was doing well here up to 1948 approx , having started essentially in Belfast and district initially before spreading to south , Dublin initially .  Once Belfast Celtic quit the Irish league , soccer was on a downward spiral here , cant see it reinventing itself here , particularly given that most of soccer supporters here like flying "flegs" .

Of the sports I know about , golf, rugby , cricket , we do well on an organised national basis .  Other sports also performing well include hockey , rowing , boxing ( not sure on this one , and it does not rate highly with me as sport) and we do punch above our weight generally . Soccer performs well occasionally at national level , albeit I cant remember many home based players lining out regularly , so many of us  do not identify a lot with Man U , Liverpool , Tottenham , etc players wearing a green jersey , south or north . Especially when some of them are interviewed and we wonder where their grannies came from .

The sooner we field a 32 county team the sooner soccer south and north would be starting to get on the front foot . Derek Dougan and George Best tried to open up the debate on this , but the blazers north and south got in the way big time .
Report workrider July 26, 2018 4:05 PM BST
It now looks as if the GAA have scored the BIGGEST own goal ever!..Ministers now want nailed down agreements that OTHER sports can benefit from Stadiums built with Taxpayers money...No more money to built the next Super Stadium in Ballysilage or anywhere else without agreeing to share. I'd say they're seething.......
Report tobywong. July 26, 2018 4:10 PM BST
stope it lads , buggsy is starting to sound like he needs to be sectioned again.
Report by purpose July 26, 2018 11:12 PM BST
According to Delaney the FAI owe 30 million on the Aviva that cost 410m million to build.Wait for this part,the taxpayer contributed a whopping 190 million towards the bill.Pot,kettle,black and all that dont you think Wonky.I know you dont like me commenting on your rants but i thought i would just mark your card.Cheerio!!!
Report workrider July 27, 2018 2:28 AM BST
But we let EVERYONE play at Lansdowne... unlike some.....Laugh
Report peckerdunne July 27, 2018 11:54 AM BST
Who does Shane Ross think he is?

I hope council block this.

The GAA can gain zilch here.

People seem to lack insight and foresight here in general.

Let's have another fund raiser for rural development of pubslic transport and defunct Garda stations.
Report pa lapsy July 27, 2018 12:32 PM BST
^ Not sure the whole motive should be about "gaining" anything tbh Pecker.

A slight negative though is(was) the pricing of the tickets( 50 euro i believe), just a bit much even if the childs price was half and someone is taking youngfellas to see the game.
Report peckerdunne July 27, 2018 3:08 PM BST
PA

I don't like the precedence being set and the path it will inevitably follow.

The GAA are saving the state a fortune every single year.

The man has earned good money, i fail to see the purpose.

My family have put in serious yards all over the country for many years.

What is Billy Morgan blowing his trumpet for?
Report workrider July 27, 2018 3:21 PM BST
What did Shane say Pecker...I missed it .
Report pa lapsy July 27, 2018 3:29 PM BST
I can understand what you are saying regarding precedence but i disagree,i think it is a genuine one off.

He did earn "good money",obviously it must be gone/low,i don't know anything about that and won't like to comment,personally had "tough times" and realised when better times came along the tough ones were in the back of my mind and never wanted to go there again,however fate and circumstance can play a part there.

I know BM to say hello to,i've the greatest respect for him,a quiet,intelligent,passionate man, i'm pleased him and other high profile CCB members took the decision if up to them to play it in the Pairc as simply imo it is the right thing to do also, different view on this Pecker but what harm.
Report workrider July 28, 2018 3:05 PM BST
Common sense prevails and the Mafia get their comeuppance ....
Report jimeen July 28, 2018 4:13 PM BST
The best thing to come out of it was that the two soccer jackass jackeens , namely Duff and that other yoke Stephen Kenny , showed their true colours. It’s no thanks to them 2 mongrels , that the GAA have taken the decision to let the event go ahead . The funny thing is , when it does go ahead , it won’t even be half full.
Report jimeen July 28, 2018 4:51 PM BST
Get back into johnos ya ghoul.
Report workrider July 28, 2018 4:59 PM BST
I'd says you're well on your way to a return,maybe the best thing that ever happened to you as well. GAA  finally got whats been coming to them for decades...
Report Racingqueen July 28, 2018 5:42 PM BST
Decades eh Wonks? Nothing about the cause of Liam Millers family? You're response only proves you didn't give a t*ss about Millers family or any charity involved, it was only another excuse to have a go at the GAA. It only sums up what an absolute clown of yourself you've made on this forum.
Report jimeen July 28, 2018 5:44 PM BST
Ya the GAA will be worried about leaving this event go ahead, they’d be a lot more worried if like the LOI , their ramshackle stadiums were deserted , and what does turn up , are a bunch of tramps.
Report peckerdunne July 28, 2018 9:07 PM BST
Best of luck to the Miller family and connections.

I hope not to hear the usual chants.
Report kavvie July 29, 2018 11:38 AM BST
this unfortunately named thread(gaa "V" l miller) should be closed now. the gaa have over 10 stadiums capable of housing 40000 people in comfort.they owe no money.they have in many people opinion the best stadium in europe in croke park.the fai are heavily in debt,and ground share with the irfu.the league of ireland is a bad joke. for soccer people to be calling them dinasaurs was funny really.empty vessels make the most noise comes to mind. the gaa were always going to allow the event but were not going to be bullied into it. and  rules are rules and they rightly used discretion in this instance.  now lets move on!!
Report jimeen July 29, 2018 12:43 PM BST
Well said kavvie, and the poor old wonker has made a complete and utter cunnt of himself on this thread. You can see by the level of support his ridiculous nonsense got , that he is persona non grata here nowadays. Even one of his closest allies distanced himself from him this time .
As kavvie said , it’s time to move on, let this event take place , and let the LOI rabble go back to shittting in people’s gardens and pisssing through their letterboxes.
Report pa lapsy July 29, 2018 1:50 PM BST
Agree with Kavvie,pity it ended up with the politicians.

A good weekend for Cork in both Gaa and soccer.Should be a really tight game of hurling today and one not to miss, and by all accounts former Ringmahon Rangers teenager Caoimhin Kelleher (some variation on pronounciation coming up on that one) even though 3rd choice goalie for Liverpool had a couple of great performances lately.
Report Nogoody July 29, 2018 1:57 PM BST
Should be told to shove it.
Report by purpose July 30, 2018 12:01 PM BST
All quiet...What a glorious weekend we had in Jurassic Park at the weekend.120,000 over 2 days treated to the cream of hurling.Played out by MEN in a  true sporting fashion.Opposing fans sat beside each other in the stadium and drinking together in the pubs around the ground.It beats me how anyone could snipe at this organisation,as Irish people we should be really proud to say its our own.
Report frank60 July 30, 2018 1:46 PM BST
Well said by purpose,  The level of fitness and skill by these amateur players is extraordinary, what a wonderful game hurling is.
Report tobywong. July 30, 2018 2:41 PM BST
the best there is , 130 scores between both games, skill unreal , duggan's point and ryan's goal sublime , lynch's pick up and quaid's flick save , unbelievable stuff!
Report peckerdunne July 30, 2018 3:02 PM BST
Throw the ball in between 2 players(not a melee)when the need arises.

Perhaps enforce the pull in that situation.

Punish the constant push in the back,also the arm over the shoulder(a totally false movement).

Do watch the steps and hand passing are legal.

What a season, what a weekend, what a game.

Fcucked up Ireland plc............Grin
Report frank60 July 30, 2018 3:16 PM BST
The speed of the game makes it tough for the Ref to see every foul Pecker,,maybe a ref in both halfs ../? Hurling is a much better game then Gaelic Football  no backwards steps for the hurling lads.
Report workrider July 30, 2018 5:45 PM BST
Kavvie I know you're a true Gaa man, and proud of the game, but to slate a organisation because it has little money because it PAYS its player is a little over the top to say the least. The ONLY reason the GAA are solvent is because they pay no one and that's an economical fact. I'm surprised you say this thread should be pulled , surely we fought for free speech. Rules are rules as you say, but sometimes commonsense is the saving grace.
Report peckerdunne July 31, 2018 3:37 PM BST
It's generally prudent not to pay 300k a week to fat balding one footed footballers.
Report workrider July 31, 2018 4:01 PM BST
Pecker, as John Mac used to say, its Market Forces, can see your good self turning it down principals and all that...Laugh
Report peckerdunne July 31, 2018 9:26 PM BST
No i would take the money...

But i'd still hurl for free...Grin
Report workrider August 1, 2018 4:16 PM BST
Laugh
Report peckerdunne August 8, 2018 4:52 PM BST
F A I

Now falling in behind the GAAs global leading policy initiative of banning gambling advertisement.
Report workrider August 8, 2018 7:28 PM BST
I'm away atm Pecker, how did the case go , you know the hurling one, where your man is accused of smashing a player over the head with a hurley, maybe Jimeen might pop in with the answer....
Report peckerdunne August 8, 2018 9:03 PM BST
Knackers everywhere
Report jimeen August 9, 2018 8:25 AM BST
Wonker, I’m genuinely sorry to hear that you have been taken away again, I suppose the warning signs were there . At least you have your own jacket and bed , the ones you always have . Gambling really is a frightening problem , and these companies that glamourise it have a lot to answer for . The good thing is , you will be left out at some stage, and at least it’s only all government handouts that you have spunked away, thank god you have never done a stroke in your life , so it’s just a case of easy come easy go. As for the case that you mention, that must be an incident that happened amongst a few inmates when you were sectioned this time , as I certainly didn’t hear anything about it in the media. It’s not really surprising that violent incidents take place in environments like that .
Get well soon wonker and hopefully your stay this time won’t be as long as your previous one.
Report frank60 August 13, 2018 8:25 PM BST
Over 38,000 tickets have now been sold for next month's Liam Miller tribute match at Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

This number includes the 7,300 tickets sold for Turner's Cross.

The organisers of the game have said the level of interest has been phenomenal, and they are anticipating a full house at this stage.

Chairman of the organising committee Michael O'Flynn said the interest reflects the unique nature of the fixture as a sporting event.

He said today's ticket sales are a huge endorsement of the decision to move the game to a bigger venue.
Report workrider August 13, 2018 10:32 PM BST
Jimmen just back from a little racing holiday in England , a losing one I might add, been to a wedding in Mayo over the weekend, golfed in Delgany this morning , blanked the first hole but ended up with 20pts on the first 9. Off to Wexford for the next few days to wind down. Its a hard life, but you've got to get on with it...Frank, that's a nice little crowd for a Soccer match, hopefully they keep the riff raff Gaa crowd away, we don't want anyone getting a belt of a Hurley now do we...
Report tobywong. August 14, 2018 2:00 AM BST
a sour hoor
Report workrider August 14, 2018 11:06 AM BST
Laugh
Report peckerdunne August 14, 2018 2:57 PM BST
Honestly, if it was Jimmy Barry Murphy i would understand.
Report peckerdunne August 14, 2018 2:58 PM BST
Rovers fans in Delgany.

What next? the world is truly changing Grin
Report workrider August 17, 2018 5:26 PM BST
Kilmore Quay, surely one of the most expensive places in Ireland to eat, Mrs Workrider and myself had a few days away there this week, nice little village but unlikely to visit again. Bad value overall, eating out very expensive indeed, a few places closed down and I can understand why!
Report by purpose August 17, 2018 6:51 PM BST
Was there no place you could get a "Glen Hoddle"?
Report tobywong. August 20, 2018 1:43 AM BST
wonks , mary barrys , silver fox and kehoes would like to refund you that old fiver there , we forgive that you thought John Dory played up front for rovers , if ya can't afford it , give us a shout and we will throw the ole hat for ya!
Report jimeen August 20, 2018 9:01 AM BST
The wonks would be more of an all you can eat for a tenner kind of man , or a snack box with about 6 pieces of greasy chicken in it. You could just picture him devouring a blast of chicken in the front seat of the car , and then when he’s finished, wiping his hands off his pants before fukking the box into someone’s garden, before driving back to the caravan park ( halting site ), and teaming up with the rest of his cousins. You will notice that he will get plenty of tissues at the chipper so he will have adequate paper for wiping his arrse when he’s having a dump behind the caravan later.
Report peckerdunne August 20, 2018 11:30 AM BST
Spreading the love! Grin
Report workrider August 20, 2018 7:13 PM BST
Tubby, doubt you were even in any of the above places unless it was like Jimeen , to clean the toilets....LaughLaugh
Report jimeen August 20, 2018 9:09 PM BST
Wonker , I hope you didn’t miss the organised fight between the Rovers fans and Bohemians on the Rathdown Road , before the match the other night . At least we know that you are ok and weren’t one of the fellas with serious head injuries, or the guy that was stabbed . Residents were terrified, but that’s nothing new when these hooligans are around the place.
It’s ironic that there are 82,000 at the all Ireland and there wasn’t a whimper, and the slumdogs have a soccer match , and there’s mayhem , even though there would be more at a wedding than at the match .
Report workrider August 20, 2018 10:27 PM BST
Johnny,ye do your fighting on the pitch with no thought for the Children watching, so its funny you trying to take the moral high ground...The poor kids grow up thinking its okay to smash someones head in with a hurley..Glass houses and stones...
Report jimeen August 20, 2018 10:48 PM BST
I’ve no problem with soccer wonks, it’s a reasonable sport to watch at times. Now LOI soccer is obviously a crock of shitte , but top level football isn’t so bad . It’s the low life’s that follow the game I have an issue with , particularly the likes of the tramps that organised that fight between them Rovers  and Bohs fans . Generally speaking the GAA supporter will be a much better bred individual than his soccer counterpart.
Report workrider August 20, 2018 10:56 PM BST
So smashing someone over the head with a Hurley is been better bred is it....LaughLaugh You really should apply for a job as a fiction writer you complete Gombeen....
Report jimeen August 21, 2018 12:03 AM BST
Go and have a lie down ya mink.
Report workrider August 21, 2018 11:26 AM BST
Not only do you need a lie down but a closer look at your BREEDING beliefs .....LaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com