Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
03 Feb 18 01:54
| Topic/replies: 1,325 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
RACING at Leopardstown BEGINS AT 1.10

...with the Sullivan Bloodstock’s Fabulous Saga 5/1 taking on Dortmund Park while WPM also has Carter Mckay as back up in this 2m6f Ballymore hurdle Trial.
(Sully’s also look forward to Real Steel tomorrow over 2m)

Yorkhill evens & Townend will show Min the way in the (Queen Mother) 2m.1f. Chase with Nicky Richards sending over Simply Ned for some place money - just in time to watch BJG nick a win in Sandown.

Footpad in the Arkle is next at 2.20.

A Grade B h/cap Chase follows where maybe the 'lesser lights' can shine, although Townend rides his namesake. The lightweigh Rachael & WPM is an interesting combo. And all this while Geraghty tries to get Elliott out of Folsom prison in Sandown.

The 3.30pm Irish Champion Hurdle sees Faugheen The Machine back in mechanical working order with Melon & the Hobbs JCB winner Defi Du Seuil for company in the winners enclosure.

The 29 runner 2m hurdle will see my 16/1 winner. Richard Johnson makes a second appearance on the card after his rocking good day in Chepstow.

The 12.50 Paparazzi kid JP O’Brien surely has a winner up on the day before his future stars in the bumper at 4.40.

Like a Rhinestone cowboy Barry returns to Hell’s Kitchen back home in Ireland with 6 rides on Sunday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAU3B9Pi_U

And after all this excitement, we're just in time to watch IRELAND beat FRANCE at 4.45 on TV3.

HAVE A NICE DAY (even if it's f...freezing and windy). Oh, and leave the guns at home.
CM iyc Devil
Pause Switch to Standard View ((((( DUBLIN RACING FESTIVAL )))))
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 3, 2018 12:59 PM GMT
only 3rd JP
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 3, 2018 1:50 PM GMT
Following the money on MIN was the play
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 3, 2018 2:43 PM GMT
Another big bel ami gamble in motion
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 3, 2018 3:02 PM GMT
Wd RACHAEL interesting combo for WPM
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 4, 2018 3:53 PM GMT
Joseph O'Brien "A couple of horses having their last school before the weekend. Looking forward to some great racing at Leopardstown" - now we know why.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 4, 2018 3:55 PM GMT
JPOB "Thrilled to have my first Grade 1 winner today with Tower Bridge at Leopardstown. Especially happy for JJ who was riding his first Grade 1 winner and is a big part of the team here"...make that TWO Grade 1 winner's. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 28, 2019 11:27 PM GMT
Hope the snow forecast doesn't spoil the party next Sat/Sun

Sat 2nd Feb
12.50 Novice H'dle (Grade 1) of €125,000.00 (5yo+, 2m 6f, 57 entered)
1.25 Steeplechase (Grade 1) of €125,000.00 (5yo+, 2m 1f, 15 entered)
2.00 Arkle Nov. S'chase (Grade 1) of €125,000.00 (5yo+, 2m 1f, 19 entered)
2.35 H'cap S'chase (Grade B) (Rated 0-150) of €87,500.00 (5yo+, 2m 1f, 23 entered)
3.10 Irish Champion H'dle (Grade 1) of €175,000.00 (4yo+, 2m, 12 entered)
3.45 H'dle (Grade B) of €125,000.00 (4yo+, 2m, 37 entered)
... then 4.45 IRE v ENG.

Sun 3rd Feb
12.40 Mares H'cp Hdle (Grade B) of €87,500.00 (4yo+, 2m 2f, 32 entered)
1.15 Juvenile Hdle (Grade 1) of €125,000.00 (4yo, 2m, 27 entered)
1.50 Novice H'dle (Grade 1) of €125,000.00 (5yo+, 2m, 32 entered)
2.25 H'cap H'dle (Grade B) (Rated 0-150) of €87,500.00 (4yo+, 3m, 44 entered)
3.00 Novice S'chase (Grade 1) of €125,000.00 (5yo+, 2m 5f, 25 entered)
3.35 Irish Gold Cup (Group 1) of €225,000.00 (5yo+, 3m, 24 entered)
4.10 H'cap S'chase (Grade A) of €125,000.00 (5yo+, 2m 5f, 49 entered)

That's some huge prize money on offer...

Must look out for Felix Desjy, Un De Sceaux, Le Richebourg, Apple's Jade, C Byrnes & a few of JP's
Missy Tata Honeysuckle Sir Erec Sancta Simona Salty Boy Delta Work Al Boum Photo Cadmium
Report foxy January 29, 2019 11:17 AM GMT
Does leopardstown have the equipment to cover the whole course
Report Catford Toteboard January 29, 2019 11:57 PM GMT
Really worried about the weather and them calling it off. Think I nee 24 hours notice to the hotel to get my money back so live weather updates well appreciated.
Hopefully the meeting goes ahead and we have a great time.
Irish forumites joing us in the third floor premier and its drin
Really worried about the weather and them calling it off. Think I nee 24 hours notice to the hotel to get my money back so live weather updates well appreciated.
dinks all round Excited
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 31, 2019 2:11 PM GMT
Just read that IT GOES AHEAH...

The Dublin Racing Festival at Leopardstown on Saturday and Sunday is still set to go ahead, although frost could now be the issue...as a result, Saturday’s running order has been amended with the bumper and hurdles races taking place earlier on the card.
Report foxy January 31, 2019 2:20 PM GMT
Where did you read that
Report foxy January 31, 2019 4:10 PM GMT
Just seen it can’t really see the point but I am sure they know best
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 31, 2019 7:23 PM GMT
There should not be any problems, it was over 0 degrees by 7am this morning up at the track  and all we had was light rain / sleet amounting to pretty much nowt.

Have had a good whack at Uradel at double figures for the big handicap hurdle Saturday
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 1, 2019 6:54 AM GMT
Been 2 degrees and dry since I got up about 5.15
Didn't get enough rain yesterday to make any significant change to the ground, will be good - yielding at worst surely
Report foxy February 1, 2019 9:34 AM GMT
Very helpful premier I am in naas at the moment it’s been a lovely morning but just clouding over now
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 1, 2019 5:44 PM GMT
Was a lovely bright sunny day for the most, looks like it'll be a cold sunny day tomorrow, should be a great day.
Report pa lapsy February 1, 2019 7:39 PM GMT
Have an enjoyable meeting Foxy and Catford(you possibly peaked a bit early?Laugh)

2 really good cards, I suppose Apples Jade will go off like the clappers? I'd Like to see her take her chance in the Champion personally,she would have to win well but Melon in the field might sway that if she does.

Simply Ned seems a big price (15/2) to upset Min, think for a horse that has an affinity with the pace he keeps being underestimated.

Le Richebourg was awesome last time,2/1 seems fair to show it wasn't a fluke.

That handicap hurdle(ladbroke) looks wide open,nice to have a double figure price on Uradel now,a wholesale gamble. Thought Free Ranger ran very well during the week and should have nearly won. While that race was obviously different class at 33/1 hope he can at least run into one of the 6 places.

Best of luck there.
Report punchestown February 1, 2019 10:10 PM GMT
Cooper not riding the Chris Jones horses anymore?
Report cloone river February 1, 2019 11:43 PM GMT
Hi Pa.The one problem with Melon is he does not win to often.He was given a bad ride last year in tomorrows race.The form horse is Apples Jade although she keeps jumping out to her left which is not good.Going back in distance to 2 miles on the inside track would  be a worry.Supasundae for me.Two good days racing.
Report Catford Toteboard February 2, 2019 12:26 AM GMT
Have arrived and God its cold, but racing goes ahead so well happy. Will be backing both of JH's horses in the handicap hurdle; cant believe the price of Jezki and Jetez looks like he's improving. Will back both each way.
I've done the mugs double of Envoi Allen and Min and backed Moon Over Germany in the handicap chase.
Have a great day's racing folks.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 2, 2019 7:55 AM GMT
Jesus it's cold this morning, wanna wrap up well today.

Playing Lake Takapuna at double figures, played Le Richebourg at 2s and Paloma Blue at 10s in the Arkle. Think the opener is mad open and the way the market is gone at the prices could make claims that Salsaretta is now backable and Rhinestone and Come To Me are big.
Uradel is the big one though, please god we're celebrating at the bar by 2.15
Report cloone river February 2, 2019 8:16 AM GMT
Eclair De Beaufeu and try again for me in the ladbroke.It was always a good race for novices.
Report foxy February 2, 2019 8:18 AM GMT
Thanks for the good wishes pa lapsy if it’s the equal of Gowran last Thursday I will be very happy ,weather is a bit cold but would have grabbed it after seeing the midweek forecast,good luck
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 2, 2019 8:26 AM GMT
R u meeting workrider up here foxy ?
Report foxy February 2, 2019 8:43 AM GMT
I never plan to I just bump into him premier,I think he said last weekend he was going on holiday and he wasn’t at down royal tuesday
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 2, 2019 8:48 AM GMT
Ah right sure I'll drop him a text later see if he is there
Report foxy February 2, 2019 9:09 AM GMT
Ok premier I am pretty sure he was going somewhere in Ireland.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 2, 2019 10:19 AM GMT
First off at 12.50
Defi Bleu to beat Rhinestone and Relegate Devil
Report workrider February 3, 2019 10:36 AM GMT
Backed Commander in first @ 11/2 Le Richburgh @6/5 and kildorry who let me down for a nice treble and a good couple of grand..Sad
Report punchestown February 3, 2019 10:12 PM GMT
The Walsh family certainly have the game by the short and curlies,Katie got a gig out of it as well I see.
Report workrider February 9, 2019 10:39 AM GMT
Yes seen her riding the grey Punchestown, was wondering what it was all about...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 16, 2020 1:02 PM GMT
Good news from Jesse that Sizing John is on course to try to reclaim the Irish Gold Cup on February 2. (skips the Horse & Jockey Hotel (Kinloch Brae) Chase at Thurles on Sunday)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 28, 2020 9:23 PM GMT
That some talented entry for the bumper on Sat (a Grade 2 - €100,000) - Elliott 4, O'Brien 4, WPM 2, Neilan, Roche & Meade 1 each.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 30, 2020 3:49 PM GMT
Leopardstown remains unchanged ahead of the Dublin Racing festival at the weekend. It is yielding to soft on both courses.....BUT plenty of rain in the forecast.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 1, 2020 8:49 PM GMT
Latest Exhibition, Notebook, Honeysuckle, Appreciate It - any of them a Cheltenham Winner ???

Underperformers were Bapaume, Sharjah, Eric Bloodaxe, Min, Fury Rd & Melon - and possibly not on the boat ???
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 2, 2020 8:32 AM GMT
2 corporate box tickets anyone? Leave them in Clayton hotel reception next door before 12.
Report cloone river February 2, 2020 12:22 PM GMT
Hopefully the real presenting percy will turn up.Was they yesterday great racing.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 2, 2020 8:48 PM GMT
Fab Faugheen The Machine.....Delightful Delta Work......BUT, Jack Kennedy broke his leg.
Report cloone river February 2, 2020 9:20 PM GMT
Its hard luck on Jack.Nice to see Glamorgan Duke win on just his 5 start over fences he has some future.Always knew they was a good race in him.Will get 11 or so pounds for win still well in.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 2, 2020 11:09 PM GMT
It's great to get a first Leopardstown winner. He's a good horse,. He's 17-3 and I had the chance of selling him a few times. I possibly should have sold him but I said he's too good to sell and he'd win a win a big pot some day. My wife Natalie owns him and it's all down to our young lads at home, they're fantastic. It's a small yard battling to stay going and I'm lucky that our young lads ride out in the morning before they go to school and during the summer. He's going to be a better horse next year I'd say as he's still not fully filled out. We'll enjoy today and look forward. I hoping he'll make into an Irish National horse. He'll probably go to Cheltenham for one of the amateur races. I have him entered in the National Hunt Chase (5.30 Tues), I don't know whether we'll go or not. It's just unfortunate one of my own lads wasn't riding him today but that said Conor gave him a fantastic ride. Liam can't do the weight and has gone back amateur. Our second lad Jack can't ride over fences yet, until he's 17. Conor gave him a super ride. Liam could ride him in Cheltenham but I think he needs a winner over fences. He's only had four winners over fences. We'll have to try and find a winner somewhere for him over fences. Paul John Gilligan, trainer.
Report foxy February 3, 2020 10:12 AM GMT
Unbelievable game Blackmore wins two grade ones on Saturday then comes of one at the last on Sunday,Kennedy wins the gold cup then breaks his leg in the next,

Catch me I was staying in the Clayton I would have taken your kind offer if I had read the thread yesterday morning
Report foxy February 3, 2020 10:14 AM GMT
Agree with your choice of underperformers with the exception of min I think that’s how good min is.,melon clearly doesn’t like February
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 3, 2020 11:46 PM GMT
Whats up with Blue Sari ???
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 4, 2020 12:13 AM GMT
BLUE SARI ?
sageform • February 2, 2020 3:30 PM GMT Can't see the ground could cause such an abject failure. Must have a veterinary issue imo.
ENGLANDBARNES1 • February 2, 2020 3:52 PM GMT Yeah pulled up very quickly! Must be injured.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 4, 2020 12:15 AM GMT
M.P. Walsh, rider of Blue Sari (FR) trained by W.P. Mullins, reported to the Clerk of Scales that his mount was pulled up having stopped quickly.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com