Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
04 Aug 17 23:34
| Topic/replies: 7,475 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
Im not a FG , actually no party alliegience and have been anti FG for a while as Kenny P1ssed me off greatly and i know its early days but Leo has impressed me .

A young straight talker who seems to have integrity and can speak properly.

His straight talking will probably be his down fall but i find it refreshing to actually hear what he thinks rather than his predessers badly delivered civil service guff.
Show More
Report monarch August 5, 2017 12:11 PM BST
Gave Paul Murphy what for. And for that alone he shot up in my estimation.
Report GANT007 August 5, 2017 4:32 PM BST
Murphy ripped the p1ss out of Leo for a week and Leo wanted him to make a public apology for something the court found him not guilty of.
Did I miss something or is that what some people now call "What for".
Report luckyme August 6, 2017 12:20 PM BST
Yes Leo is a great man alright, keep borrowing Leo,

With government debt per head of $60,000, the Irish carry the second largest debt burden in the world behind Japan – but ahead of Greece

When looked at per person though, Ireland is the second worst in the world. According to figures for 2014, with debt of $60,356 (€53,863 )per person, Ireland is second only to Japan ($99,725) in a list of 58 countries.

This means that Irish people carry the second largest debt burden per capita in the world, second only to Japan, and ahead of countries such as the US ($58,604) in third place; the UK in 9th ($38,938) and in 12th place, Greece ($38,444).
Report GANT007 August 6, 2017 9:37 PM BST
Most of the bailed out chancers are back in business........great little country.
Report The Gotchee August 6, 2017 10:15 PM BST
He is so far removed from reality its unreal'
Report Racingqueen August 7, 2017 6:29 AM BST
Spot on gotchee. Guy is the biggest spoofer on the Irish political scene at the moment and that is some going
Report peckerdunne August 10, 2017 11:45 AM BST
Racingqueen 07 Aug 17 06:29 Joined: 02 Jul 11 | Topic/replies: 3,950 | Blogger: Racingqueen's blog
Guy is the biggest poofer on the Irish political scene at the moment and that is some going

Grin
Report RoyalAcademy August 10, 2017 5:05 PM BST
I suppose with the little smiley face (reminiscent of a few other toerags) this insult is merely a joke pecker?

Say it to the man's face?
Report kavvie August 10, 2017 5:26 PM BST
a very silly statement .would he be a bigger spoofer than the two healy raes? mary lou?mattie mcgrath?  gerry adams? michael lowry? mick wallace? clare daly? paul murphy?  willie o dea? he may be a spoofer but not in the class of any of the above?
Report peckerdunne August 10, 2017 8:35 PM BST
Whichever academy you went was most certainly not royal if you cant spot a little play on words.

There is nothing to say to the mans face. He is gay, so what.

Am i supposed to be insulted by your use of the phrase "toerags"?

It would serve you better to reminisce about the time when you had a life and perhaps even a hint of humour rather than be abusive to people.
Report pa lapsy August 10, 2017 9:34 PM BST
Ya can't be taking the mickey out of them in this day and age Pecker Wink
Report RoyalAcademy August 11, 2017 5:47 PM BST
It's a homophobic comment and there's not a shred of humour or irony in it. It was intended to insult.

Keyboard warriors are always pure as the driven snow and unintended victims when unmasked.

The forum can be a healthy place for debate-leave your prejudices sitting on the high stool.
Report peckerdunne August 12, 2017 11:02 AM BST
You are a pedantic tiresome little chap.

Where is the victim here.

Is it you?

I don't have prejudices, none of us humans ever do.
Report Racingqueen August 13, 2017 8:19 PM BST
Homophobia is defined as an dislike or prejudice on Google. Google seem to miss the fact phobia also includes a fear of.

Royal academy seems to not understand that peckerdunnes comment contained no prejudice, hatred, dislike or fear.

Maybe he could describe how he comes to the conclusion it is a homophobic comment?
Report RoyalAcademy August 14, 2017 10:50 AM BST
Royal academy seems to not understand that peckerdunnes comment contained no prejudice, hatred, dislike or fear.

So how do you know all this queen?

the pecker calls a prominent public figure "the biggest poofer on the Irish political scene" and you see no malice or prejudice in that comment? Its a play on "spoofer" so it can only have one intention?

I find the insult objectionable as it is clearly intended to demean and reduce; it is not at all uncommon there's lots out there couching their prejudices in puerile, salacious humour.

It's a comment that will not stand up to being uttered in public by someone who is not anonymous and that helps me to frame my own personal standards. I may be wrong and when pecker appears in the Dail public gallery with a "poofer" placard and a smiley face I will consider where I have gone wrong.
Report pa lapsy August 14, 2017 1:53 PM BST
I'm kinda with Kavvie overall in this,political dynasties,cronyism and whatnot,you'ld be sick of it,
I am hoping Leo is a breah of fresh air and after Coveney described one particular Le Niamh rescue mission as "difficult" when in fact hundreds were alive before the ship sailed into view summed him up,one big shut yer mouth and we will just gloss on to next on the agenda'
I do have a slight worry though,if Ireland has "official business" in one of them middle eastern countries,will Leo go himself?,or would it be more prudent to send a minion instead?
Report RoyalAcademy August 14, 2017 2:30 PM BST
pa, where would you seek a better leader in Ireland today assuming a lot of the Leo talk is anti-FG?

The craven FF where all the rats who deserted 8-10 years ago are slowly but surely welcomed back as a political expediency and led by a man who has blood on his hands, figuratively speaking. How long before Matt The Thresher sees the light?

Or by a man, with literally blood on his hands who leads a party that I absolutely detest for their attempted hijacking of Irish history and more recent attempts to justify the murder and mayhem they visited on these islands for over two decades? They will now consider coalition as they quickly realise they risk being outplayed and outpointed by the "pay nothings". Free houses for all and sundry at a cost of €300,000 per new build.....yeah!
Report pa lapsy August 14, 2017 3:22 PM BST
I'm not sure RA, i won't be into politics in a big way after seeing 40 years of a lot of it misery heaped on the the Irish people by incompetence,self interest and mis-management,sure at times global events were a factor but at this point today they seem to have just created a two tier society,fault can be pointed at some on that thay they created that themselves through drink,gambling etc but for many more they have not a hope in hell of buying their own house even they are working.
I was stunned after visiting some east european countries not so long ago that they preferred the communist rule,for the simple reason everyone had a job and more importantly(albeit more likely a flat) somewhere to live,they like here were very worried their children if not through legacy can't afford their own place,similar problem all over Europe.
In an ideal world the whole Irish political should be done away with,a totally neutral group should be brought in like a business model,i know i am simplistic but in a hundred years it certainly wouldn't be the present system.
That is why i am for Leo,his hands though will be tied with making much change though.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com