Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CALLING CARD
29 Jul 17 22:31
| Topic/replies: 432 | Blogger: CALLING CARD's blog
an interesting article about the new young group of punters who are terrifying the ring and if to be believed are making hay
saw them today and interestingly one is a cousin of a very prominent NH jockey
Show More
Report jimeen July 30, 2017 12:08 PM BST
I don't know who they are but it's unlikely that they do not know what they are doing . There isn't many people betting in thousands nowadays that aren't in full control of their faculties. My guess is that they are working for someone that knows the time of the day.
My prediction is that these lads will make more hay before they are handed their P45's.
Report mitch leary July 30, 2017 8:59 PM BST
A tenner would terrify the ring nowadays.
Report CALLING CARD July 30, 2017 10:05 PM BST
considering these guys average bet is 1k I beg to differ with you and frankly can believe why more people don't go racing when shops limit winners all the time
upto 65 books at Galway gives some advantage to the punter, always some body topping the machine and definitely beating the show
yes Jimeen it looks like they have a controller at base who directs traffic and all their bets are followed by a sharp decrease in odds available on the machine
Report Return to Dublin July 31, 2017 10:10 AM BST
Mitch leary, you really need to go to an Irish horse race meeting , and see the bets that are laid , from the fivers , to the scores, Bulleyes, the ton, to the monkeys and the grands. It is clear from your comment you have never been to an Irish horse race meeting, or if you have you never went to the betting ring to see the amounts of money laid, and for your information I'm a punter not a bookmaker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report peckerdunne July 31, 2017 10:58 AM BST
Perhaps P V has employed same tactics in a different market
Report mitch leary August 1, 2017 11:26 PM BST
It is clear from your comment that You obviously haven't been going racing too long then return to Dublin if you cannot see the difference between the ring now and even for instance ten years ago as an example. Or else you're a fantasist. There was a time when a grand wouldn't have been considered a large bet. One particular bookmaker was laying any horse to lose up to 20 k about 15 years ago. The atmosphere, turnover, size of wager etc is only a fraction of what it used to be.
Report Return to Dublin August 2, 2017 10:58 AM BST
Mitch, your comment was that "a tenner would terrify the ring nowadays" and that comment is totally false, and for your information I have been going racing since 1970. Yes your most recent comment in reply to my comment , is totally true, the atmosphere is totally changed over those 47 years , the size of bets has changed , turnover , but I was referring to your first comment , and my reply was ,  a tenner DOES NOT terrify the ring nowadays .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com