Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mincer11
30 Jan 17 16:04
| Topic/replies: 3,016 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
I see that rubbish coursing had no Derby final. I think the reason being that the same people owned both dogs. Even by Paddy standards this is a beauty . Imagine being at the Shiite for the 3 days and then they don't even have a decider. Just as well the Williams sisters haven't heard of this little nugget or otherwise there would be no final every now and then in the tennis.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 26
By:
playthegameboy
When: 30 Jan 17 19:10
So if you backed either of them before it started its treated like a dead heat??
By:
kavvie
When: 30 Jan 17 21:58
rubbish coursing mincer? were you ever there?ignorance is indeed bliss in your case sadly . 45000 people attended so they must get some enjoyment out of it.the clonmel town and area benefited to the tune of 5/6 million over the 3/4 days .  there were 5 finals ran and  1 was divided because the same owners owned the 2 dogs.
By:
by purpose
When: 31 Jan 17 15:05
Surely the 45,000 people( which you know is a load of guff).Its about 15,000 that attend each day, are entitled to find out which is the best dog in the land.
By:
neill d
When: 31 Jan 17 16:21
Good thing they held back on on offering WPM the chance to divide the Champion Hurdle.

Weird though, you'd think even the owners themselves would want to know the best dog, is there not a breeding aspect to it that you'd want to know the best dog?
By:
kavvie
When: 31 Jan 17 16:30
its a rule right or wrong if the dogs are in the same ownership theres a divide in finals.i think its to ensure there no "stopping"..id like to see it scrapped..ch hurdle is diff as its not a 2 horse race..remember the crack of horses in same ownership being coupled  for betting purposes?the rule is in the same thinking as that but its plain stupid.it will have to be got rid of..
By:
davieboy.
When: 31 Jan 17 16:34
So even if the owner wanted them to race they couldn't?
By:
kavvie
When: 31 Jan 17 16:43
davie i asked that question monday after the semi finals and i got varying answers...is it an unwritten rule or an actual rule..no one seems to know
By:
mincer11
When: 31 Jan 17 17:13
How can there possibly be no final ?
After all the trial stakes and the build up and then a gigantic damp squib to finish off. It's absolutely ludicrous that this situation is allowed to happen and it's not the first time either.
A simple solution would be for them to be made meet at the semi final stage. It wouldn't be the hardest thing for even a thick Paddy to figure out .
On another note it would have been more competitive if all the dogs that had qualified been allowed to take part. Sure what harm if they were full of gear or not, it's not as if they would have had any advantage over the ones that did run.
By:
kavvie
When: 31 Jan 17 17:26
i suppose the 2 dogs that reached the final were  first and second favs trained by the same trainer.getting them put in opposite halves seemed a good idea at the time..the chances of them both getting to the final with all that can go wrong was remote..i think the gear days are over in coursing mincer.every winner is now tested.an incident a few years ago was the straw that broke the camels back..
By:
mincer11
When: 31 Jan 17 17:38
Gear days are over you said kavvie?. I know of dogs who won trial stakes and weren't allowed run this year.
It was the biggest brush under the carpet in the history of a game so rancid that it's actually funny.
By:
workrider
When: 31 Jan 17 17:40
Is the bould Mincer that needs testing for drugs Kavvie.Not the poor dogs....Laugh
By:
kavvie
When: 31 Jan 17 17:43
so the testing has been successful id say by your above statement?  i agree it was rife but if you win a trial stake now the lad is waiting with a jar for a urine sample..so not much point..do you think the people that won the oaks this year would have won it in years gone by?no chance..its a level(well leveller  as money comes into it) playing field now..
By:
workrider
When: 31 Jan 17 17:49
Seems I hit a nerve,was it you leaving your details up on twitter that cased your meltdown this time ,doubt a greyhound would be that thick....Laugh.As for sprouting shyte I'd say no one could take that mantle from yourself.
By:
mincer11
When: 31 Jan 17 17:56
Hit a nerve, ya couldn't hit a barn door . Get into bed ya ghoul
By:
workrider
When: 31 Jan 17 17:59
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
By:
kavvie
When: 31 Jan 17 18:01
are ya from glin mince? jaysus sure thats the home of coursing..go home hare etc..
By:
mincer11
When: 31 Jan 17 18:16
Kavvie, I was never in Glin, in fact I don't know where it is . Wonky came up with that beauty himself , maybe Noel Meade told him, or possibly Gordon Elliott
By:
workrider
When: 31 Jan 17 18:21
Kavvie, I was never in Glin, in fact I don't know where it is ......Laugh Laugh Laugh.
By:
mincer11
When: 31 Jan 17 18:27
Get into bed ya ghoul
By:
tobywong.
When: 31 Jan 17 18:53
bugsy needs a muzzle to keep the gnashers in Happy
By:
insideinfo
When: 31 Jan 17 22:18
a mincer meltdown LaughLaughLaughlove it Crazy
By:
DECALEC
When: 01 Feb 17 00:43
Davieboy.did you course in Dungannon a few year's ago
By:
davieboy.
When: 01 Feb 17 09:37
Never been coursing before Decalec.  Was just curious.  Seems absurd not to have a final and for no one to know the actual rules.
By:
kavvie
When: 01 Feb 17 12:18
ì was told last night thats it an actual rule..
By:
ambush
When: 01 Feb 17 18:12
rule 124 A when two greyhounds remain in for the deciding course,the stake shall be considered divided if they belong to to the same owners or partners.....seems a sensible rule.it removes any potential for skullduggery.
By:
irishone
When: 01 Feb 17 20:02
Fair play to gerry
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel