Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
03 Nov 16 14:35
| Topic/replies: 6,535 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
Only 3 to beat for APPLES incl. Petit Mouchoir (twice 2nd in Grade 1 company). Good To Yielding In Places
Pause Switch to Standard View ((((( DOWN ROYAL )))))
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2016 1:38 PM GMT
Jasus, Cooper will be doing his nut watching stingy win three for Gordon  Devil
Report pa lapsy November 4, 2016 10:14 AM GMT
Decent card but not really a punting one to me though Elliot could well run riot.
A couplle of interesting races across the pond this evening as well.
Being a martyr for ultra competitive handicaps Wranglers 7/1(tomorrow) last run is well worth a look,i thought he had no race but finished with a full tank,ground is a bit of a concern maybe a bit of ease would suit but think he looks well handicapped and that last run was so eyecatching.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2016 10:28 AM GMT
fwiw RUBY 4 winners pays 6.80
Monbeg Notorious 4/5 
Airlie Beach 1/2 
Apples Jade 2/5 
A Toi Phil 4/5
Report insideinfo November 4, 2016 11:40 AM GMT
backing shorties,esp in accas is the road to the poorhouse imo.
Report norn iron November 4, 2016 12:44 PM GMT
LAY RUBY IN FIRST  AS 22FURLONGS FTO IN HURDLE MEANS SHOULD BE 6/4 SHOT

STORYTELLER BEST EWAY AS GOOD SECOND AT COURSE AND EXPERIANCED

RANCHER LASS MARE LOOK OUT FOR AS WON HER P2P AND THE NEXT THREE ALL WON THERE P2P NEXT TIME OUT IF NOT TODAY KEEP WATCH FOR HER

AND ROCK ON  WESTIE EW AS PLACED FORM AND LOADS EXPERIANCE  WORTH FE £
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2016 12:57 PM GMT
From the excitement of GALWAY last weekend ALL ROADS LEAD TO Her Majesty's Maze (no, not Long Kesh) this Friday and Saturday

Looks likely that APPLES JADE will take on Ivanovich Gorbatov in Friday's WKD Hurdle.
Elliott - "The plan is she'll run in Friday's WKD Hurdle, though I'm keeping an eye on the ground for a good few of my runners. Also part of my Friday team at the moment I'm thinking of Monbeg Notorious, A Toi Phil and others."

Ruby is set to ride DON POLI for Elliott again in Saturday's JNWine.com Chase (as Copper is out for another two weeks) with 10yo Silviniaco Conti and De Bromhead’s Valseur Lido set to oppose.
While GORDON is the man to watch this weekend (as he bagged a treble on the same card last year) there is the small matter of a THURLES THURSDAY where he also employs the stingy hunt (expect a treble today too).

RACING at The Maze begins at 12.45pm for Friday’s seven race card.

Northern Eye must be getting excited Devil
Report norn iron November 4, 2016 4:03 PM GMT
AN DEARG MOR  IF handbrake IS OFF CAN WIN BUMPER   EXCELLENT BUMPER WIN BEATING DELEGATE /KILLER MILLLER/OKOTOKS  HAVE WON 9 RACES BETWEEN THEM AND 6TH HORSE  TESSERACH  WON FEW .

AN DEARG MOR RAN IN HURDLE LTO FINISHED  5LENGTHS BEHIND MAL DINI WHO WON PERTEMPS AT CHELT

REV 4CAST JOEY SASA  MEADE HAS GREAT STRIKE RATE IN DOWN ROYAL BUMPERS
Report workrider November 4, 2016 4:11 PM GMT
Give me a ring...
Report norn iron November 4, 2016 4:21 PM GMT
TEN MINS Devil
Report norn iron November 4, 2016 4:29 PM GMT
WR RING ME ASAP I RING YOU BACK NEW  MOBILE  PHONE AINT STORED LOTS NUMBERS
Report Ozymandius November 4, 2016 4:37 PM GMT
Don't fall for it, Wonks...reverse the charges.....or go with the one second missed call.
Report norn iron November 4, 2016 4:42 PM GMT
LOL OZZY IVE TWO PONS CAN FIND THE ONE WITH ALL THE NUMBERS IN FEEL LIKE KING NIDGE IN LOVE/HATE Whoops

MY TWO MATES AWAY WATCH IRE BEAT ALL BLACKS AT SOLDIER FIELD
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2016 5:32 PM GMT
The Final Score: Gordon 4 - Ruby 3.

And a little surprise, shock and disappointment all thrown in with Apples Jade beaten by a super fit ‘good ground’ RASHAAN, Killer Crow 5th (didn’t jump well under pressure - brought down twice recently - but at least completed) and THE STORYTELLER (Elliott/Sloan) who fell for a 'motionless' BJG.

BUT what a day for the ‘auld timers’ with 11yo Powers Gold Cup 2013 winner REALT MOR first past the post for Gordon & Mrs P Sloan (owners, who are big sponsors in Down Royal) with 12yo Shepherd King second and 10yo Coldstonesober a neck back in third.

The four-timer for Elliott comes in at just over 135/1. His other winners today were Monbeg Notorious, Wolfslair, and A Toi Phil. The winning handler said afterwards: "It's a great day - we had four winners. Obviously the one we thought would win (Apple's Jade) got beaten. That's racing, it's a great game.” - think there's more to that STORY line. Devil

ANYways, no doubt the Santa Anita Breeders Cup Meeting on Friday and Saturday nights will also grab the attention ! ...a step up from DUNDALK eh.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2016 9:17 PM GMT
9.25 Intelligence Cross & Lancaster Bomber on the War Front for APO'B at Santa Anita
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2016 9:22 PM GMT
AT 10.50 Aidan features with Roly Poly 9/2 & Hydrangea 13/2 while young Joe has Intricately 15/2 in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (Grade 1).
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2016 11:21 PM GMT
Next up at 23.35 is SONGBIRD 11/10 - going for 12 wins from 12 runs - up against older horses - her toughest test yet.
Report norn iron November 5, 2016 1:09 PM GMT
TYRELLS SUCCESS  EW

MOUNT BECKHAM EW /FRUITS OF GLORY

VALSUER LIDO  SAVER MONKSLAND

OUTLANDER

TOPPER THORTON EW

JIMMY BREKKIE SAVER RATHMORE WILL EW

ERIC THE RED  DONC/KRUZHLIN  AINTREE/PEARLS LEGEND AINTREE/MISTER MYAGI AINTREE  L15

HIT IT A BOMB  EW   REV FORCAST ALICE SPRINGS NAP   FOUND 

GOOD LUCK PUNTERS OF WATCH  MY LOCAL TEAM IN 1/4 CUP IN WHAT SHOULD BE kicking lumps   OUT OF EACH OTHER  SOCCER
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 1:25 PM GMT
Could be a MEGA day for MEADE (& Nicholls)

12.50 Mega Fortune Gordon
1.25 Bel Ami De Sivola Meade/Giggs
2.00 Weightfordave 20/1 Meade /Sloan
2.35 Champ CHASE Silviniaco Conti Nicholls from Lido & Poli  for Giggs
3.05 Le Mercurey Nicholls
3.40 Balnagon Boy 6/1 Devil
4.10 Clara Sorrento Meade/Nina/Giggs from Runfordave Gordon
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 2:13 PM GMT
3up for Paul so far (also 2.50 in Auteuil - Ptit Zig up against Blue Dragon).
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 2:23 PM GMT
Yet another mega Paul Nicholls Saturday - 5up now across the cards.

"Given the prevailing conditions – 3m on good ground around Down Royal – then I think I would have chosen to ride Valseur Lido in the JNwine Champion Chase at 2.35pm.
He wasn’t at his best when we last saw him at Sandown in April but that was at the end of a long, hard season and he had earlier run a cracker when chasing home Vautour in the Ryanair. He can go well when fresh, and I just think conditions will suit him more than Don Poli. He has more speed.

I won on Don Poli first time out at Aintree last season – though he was getting weight from Many Clouds and it was soft ground – and he went on to win the Lexus, and finish third in the Gold Cup. I don’t know how straight he will be today, but he could find others a bit too quick for him here. He’s a genuine Grade 1 horse, though, and one who I obviously have a lot of time for, and I see Gordon has put cheek pieces on him, which is interesting.

Silviniaco Conti could hold the key to this race. If he returns to his best then he is probably the one to beat, and he had physical excuses for a modest campaign last season, that runaway win at Ascot aside. He is the best horse in here on official ratings, and we know how good Paul Nicholls is when bringing horses over to this meeting, but he is a 10yo with something to prove, I guess.

Grand National runner-up The Last Samuri is not out of it on official ratings either – he is only 2lb inferior to Don Poli if you believe the handicapper – and the likes of Monksland, Lord Scoundrel and Sadler’s Risk are all class horses in their own right. But they all have to improve a good deal to win this, and I imagine all roads will lead to Aintree in April for the Last Samuri and that he won’t be hard-fit here.

It is a tricky race to call, but I would probably like to be riding Valseur Lido" - Bryan Cooper.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 2:44 PM GMT
Revenge for Ruby (from Leopardstown fall)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 2:51 PM GMT
"The other big race on the card is the Grade 2 chase over an extended 2m3f at 3.05pm, in which Gigginstown have three runners. I would like to be riding Outlander in the race. He won his Grade 1 when beating Monksland at Leopardstown in February and is a very consistent horse, and also a versatile one as regards trip, too.
He ended last season with a second to Zabana over 3m1f at Punchestown, where recent Limerick winner Sub Lieutenant was in behind, but he certainly doesn’t lack pace and I think he has the speed to cope with this step back in trip.
He has a 7lb penalty for his Grade 1 win, as does Zabana who re-opposes here, but I’d still expect him to be competitive. I still had plenty left in the tank when he fell 4 out in the JLT and he is a lovely-moving horse for whom good ground isn’t a problem.
As with Silviniaco Conti, you have to respect what Nicholls sends over, as he has won an amazing seven of the last eight runnings of this race. In fact, Don Cossack and I were responsible for the only defeat for him in that period, in 2014! That record alone makes Le Mercurey a big threat to everyone, and Sub Lieutenant is also bang there on official ratings, too. It’s a good race." - Cooper.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 2:57 PM GMT
3.20pm Wincanton Roc D’Apsis 9/1 PP up against two of Paul's..."I have won three times on him, and I have been looking forward to riding him in this race all week. He has won on soft ground but he will love this quick surface, and if he comes back to the form of his third to Theatre Guide in the Betbright Chase at Kempton in February then I give him a pretty good chance. He is 3lb lower today, blew away the cobwebs with a run at Hereford last month, and the stable are in great form. There is a lot to like about his chance, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Tom had had this race in mind for him for a while." Paddy Brennan.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 3:03 PM GMT
Added 4.15 Cruiseaweigh
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 3:29 PM GMT
Southfield Theatre shoulda coulda woulda
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 4:16 PM GMT
LAST winner for the Sloan's
Report workrider November 5, 2016 6:21 PM GMT
I Think the winner of the  maiden hurdle BADS is capable of stepping up in class in the near future , in  a race that was on the short side for him he quickened up well, and is worth keeping on side till beaten , had a look at Don in the paddock ,I know Gordon said he'd need the run, but he looked tight enough to me for his first run , I think he sulked today and I'd be keeping a watching brief till he shows that he hasn't fallen out of love with the game . Crowd look down to me, usually you find it hard to move there but plenty of room to move about today...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 10:58 PM GMT
MEGA day for MEADE as Noel completed a double at Down Royal - Bel Ami De Sivola in a maiden hurdle and Tiger Sam 7/4 fav in the H/cap Chase.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 2, 2017 10:50 PM GMT
ALL ROADS LEAD TO Her Majesty's Maze in [b]norn iron this Friday and Saturday[/b] Devil

Surprising not to see a Sloan runner in DR on DAY 1....Curious Times.
Can't see too many weight in for dave after been beaten/fav 8 times now.

Memories of Apple Jade/Elliott/Ruby 1/2on beaten last year will still be fresh in some minds !
The victor that day, Rashaan, went on to win 5 more and will be next seen in the Morgiana H'dle.

Poli Roi 4/9 Davy
Mystic Theatre 1/2 Ruby
WKD H´dle (Grade 2) Melon 4/7 Ruby (with Coquin Mans 13/2 for another upset).
The ton treble returns 340.48 Devil
or the 4 timer with 2/1 Swingbridge Davy gives you a im possible 1,021.43 in the hand.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2017 1:20 PM GMT
Calipto 4/1 (2.25 Ascot) & OUR DUKE 10/11 2.30 DR fast dbl will do TYVM...sky returns 955 for yer ton Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2017 3:47 PM GMT
Lookin like we're all on Poormans Hill today Whoops
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2017 4:41 PM GMT
Happy ending eh
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 17, 2018 3:37 PM BST
BREAKING NEWS: Racing WILL continue at Down Royal in 2019 as land owner moves to clarify position. 

https://www.theirishfield.ie/racing-set-to-continue-at-down-royal-racecourse...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2018 12:58 AM BST
https://www.theirishfield.ie/news-racing-set-to-continue-at-down-royal-racecourse-412086/

.Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 2, 2018 11:52 AM GMT
FIRST OFF SOON

12.40 M'dn H'dle 2m 6f, 6 runners
1.10 (M) Novice H'dle (Grade 3) 2m, 7 runners
1.45 WKD H'dle (Grade 2) 2m, ONLY 4 runners
2.20 H'cap H'dle (Rated 80-102) 3m, 14 runners
2.55 Beginners S'chase 2m 3f 120yds, 6 runners
3.30 H'cap S'chase 2m 100yds, 6 runners
4.05 INH Flat 2m, 6 runners

only 49 RUNNERS !
Any interest ? Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 28, 2019 10:33 PM GMT
Cheltenham Champion Bumper winner Envoi Allen could begin his jumping career in the Maiden Hurdle - the FIRST RACE at 12.40pm.
The Elliott inmate, owned by Cheveley Park Stud, won all his four races last term and was sent off a short-priced favourite on every occasion. “The plan is to run at the moment. I think Gordon is happy with him, he’s summered well, so hopefully we can creep away with him and see what happens,” said Cheveley Park Stud’s managing director Chris Richardson. Elliott has also put in Escaria Ten, Fury Road, Multifactorial and Run Wild Fred among a 23-strong entry for the two-and-three-quarter-mile contest.

Elliott is responsible for three of the 11 possibles for the Grade 3 EBF Mares’ Novice Hurdle at 1.10pm. His trio is made up of Ard Abhainn, who has yet to run over hurdles, Fairyhouse maiden hurdle scorer Daylight Katie and Mount Ida, who got off the mark over the smaller obstacles at Galway on Sunday.

The Elliott-trained Coeur Sublime, runner-up in last season’s Triumph Hurdle, is one of nine entries for the Grade Two WKD Hurdle at 1.45pm. The County Meath handler has a second string to his bow in Coko Beach, runner-up in the Fred Winter at Cheltenham in March. Honeysuckle, from the De Bromhead stable, could try to take her 100 per cent record under Rules to five after tasting Grade One success in the mares’ novice hurdle final at Fairyhouse in April.

Samcro could make his debut over fences after a 307-day absence in the near two-and-a-half-mile Beginners Chase at 2.55pm on Friday. The seven-year-old is among 16 entries looked a potential superstar when extending his unbeaten record to seven in the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle at the 2018 Cheltenham Festival. However, Elliott’s charge suffered a heavy fall in the Punchestown Champion Hurdle that April and ran below par in three starts last season — the latest when fifth in the Ryanair Hurdle at Leopardstown’s Christmas meeting. Samcro was subsequently found to be suffering a lung infection, which ultimately ruled him out for the remainder of the campaign. Elliott has also entered Cracking Smart, Milan Native and Dortmund Park while other prospective rivals include Henry de Bromhead’s Grade Two hurdle winner Dommage Pour Toi and Noel Meade’s Trappist Monk. Tks Irish Racing Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 31, 2019 6:50 PM GMT
FYI
BLACK OP (second to Samcro in the 2018 Ballymore, and then won the Aintree version afterwards) won his Beginners Chase today in Stratford (aftertime I know, SP 5/2 Tom George  J Burke for Mr R S Brookhouse.....made all, clear before last, readily).
Report Kriskin October 31, 2019 10:53 PM GMT
Samcro has been schooling well at home.  Going well beside the likes of Battleoverdoyen.  He should win tomorrow even though he will be about 75% fit. Black Op was very impressive today which lends well to Samcro.  How did Curtis's go off fav to beat Black Op today?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 1, 2019 2:18 PM GMT
Giddy-up Gordon's Gin Day Devil
Report Deplasterer November 1, 2019 2:23 PM GMT
Gordon's day alright, hot pot in Samcro and the bumper horse looks the part also.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 1, 2019 4:44 PM GMT
5 TIMER…… what can I say…... Giddy-up outta dat !
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 2, 2019 1:19 AM GMT
A Wave Of The Sea gets us under way at 12.40

Envoi Allen
Delta Work
Secret Investor
...with these it looks like easy work bar a fall Devil
Report Deplasterer November 2, 2019 1:41 PM GMT
First 2 up CMIYC. Had the elliot jolly in the first.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 6:10 AM GMT
3.20 is the CORK NATIONAL

Bet them syndicate boys will plough into Paddy this morning Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 6:32 AM GMT
Don’t get lost in translation at Carlisle before your daily Tiger at 2.45. That’s long before you see the riven Light at 3.45.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 6:53 AM GMT
Road To Respect bagged back-to-back wins in the Ladbrokes Champion Chase at Down Royal with a stylish success in the season's first Grade One contest.
The three-miler developed into a real thriller as the five runners all approached the third last in with a shout.
English raider Clan Des Obeaux, who had jumped magnificently throughout, had the edge away from the fence at the top of the hill but was soon tracked through by Road To Respect.

Sean Flanagan let his mount slip into the lead going to the second last and a quick jump there looked to have sealed the deal. Clan Des Obeaux, sent off 7/4 favourite, tried valiantly to rally going to the final fence but couldn't peg back Road To Respect. Noel Meade's charge found plenty on the run-in to storm to a convincing four-length success at odds of 5/2.

Long-time leader Alpha Des Obeaux finished ten lengths back in third while last year's leading novice Delta Work could only manage fourth having made errors when the pace quickened over the last three fences.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 6:55 AM GMT
Easy Work all right Wink
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 7:20 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • November 3, 2019 6:32 AM GMT
Don’t get lost in translation at Carlisle.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1191002010075701248
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com