Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mob-racing
05 Sep 16 12:51
| Topic/replies: 21 | Blogger: mob-racing's blog
Any thoughts at this stage of the week?
Pause Switch to Standard View Champions Weekend
Show More
Report GANT007 September 5, 2016 1:06 PM BST
You will find it hard to get much chat about racing on here. It's all Islam, Brexit and UK politics on the Irish Sports forum.
Report GANT007 September 5, 2016 1:07 PM BST
It should be a great weekend with €4 million up for grabs.
Report mob-racing September 5, 2016 1:18 PM BST
One can but try
Report neill d September 5, 2016 3:56 PM BST
Idaho wins the Leger, huge class edge and in no way looked to be stopping at York where he got a ride that usually doesn't suit that track.

Loved the way Found travelled into the Yorkshire Oaks and I think she will win the Irish Champion. I'm not sold on Minding's overall form relative to Found. I'd worry about an out-and-out 12 furlong horse like Harzand around the tightish 10 furlongs that is Leopardstown. When ballydoyle don't have a colt, they will always try and make sure that another colt doesn't win this. Can see Harzand getting cut up unless Smullen rides him real handy which mightn't suit him as well.

also, I though USAR might have beaten him in the Derby with a slightly better ride and then there is that fact that Idaho gave him kittens at the Curragh. Moore and Aidan O'brien will know exactly what it takes to do him! I can even visualise Weld with a face like a see you next Tuesday afterward.

Somehow does look to be getting quicker and it will be telling should she line up in the Matron and Minding not. I backed her penultiately and don't know where this new change of gear came from, but when these fillies start improving, there can be no end to them.
Report workrider September 8, 2016 7:17 PM BST
Awtaad looks nailed on in the G2 and if 7/4 or better will be one of the bets of year ,Custom Cut does not like Leop imo , GLB hardly gets the mile again imo. Hits a bomb is the danger .
Harzand has won at the track and is the type to keep finding when asked, a nice little double should be upcoming...
Report CoupleBob September 8, 2016 10:16 PM BST
Hit it a Bomb is out of War Front and with the ground likely to be on the softer side Awtaad is the one for me
Report mrcombustible September 9, 2016 8:31 AM BST
Anyone think it is a snub to Moore not riding in the Leger. Excuse is so he can ride in the Matron. I think any jockey likes a Classic on their CV
Report neill d September 9, 2016 9:35 AM BST
Both legers are an anachronism and are a hindrance to a potential good stallion, so I'd guess they won't be needing Idaho 'on the farm' any time soon. Also, Idaho should win easily in an uncompetitive race and Doncaster is a straightforward track. Moore would be needed more on Alice Springs or Somehow so wouldn't see it as a snub.
Report by purpose September 9, 2016 11:04 AM BST
Is the Leger not the Cheltenham Bumper in another name?
Report workrider September 9, 2016 11:10 AM BST
Neilld cant see him been beaten in the Leger ,but I would not be sending him a mare . Quirky imo..
Report frank60 September 9, 2016 10:10 PM BST
Found for me ,he ran a great race in this last year[i thought he should have get it in the S.R.] 11/1 here is a great price, I agree with W/R about Awteed ground should suit as well, Jet Setting should like the ground also 7/1 is a fair price in the 5.35, goodluck
Report workrider September 9, 2016 10:33 PM BST
Frank, met Jim McGrath at the match tonight , hes over for Champions w/end , will pm you .
Report tobywong. September 9, 2016 10:35 PM BST
(s)he
Report Eddie Batt September 9, 2016 10:41 PM BST
I'm another lemming who likes Found each way-seriously tempted to try and lay the two favourites at 3/1 or less.Nap of the day is a lay of U.S.Army Ranger at anything under 2.3 -to me it's an unusually desperate attempt to get him ready for the Arc-his last run was disappointing and it is an unusual route for the Ballydoyle stable to take.
Report frank60 September 9, 2016 11:19 PM BST
Sry W/R im having problems with the finishing pm, ..When it come to racing Jim has a fine C.V, Thanks for info.
Report Dan Chipowski September 10, 2016 8:33 AM BST
Calling Found a 'he' Plain Oh dear.
Report frank60 September 10, 2016 9:04 AM BST
Sry Dan, it seems im a bit of  male chauvinist .
Report Dan Chipowski September 10, 2016 12:48 PM BST
Grin

Backed Awtad, and took a chance on Reckless Endeavour in the last.

More of a card for viewing than punting purposes.
Report kavvie September 10, 2016 2:19 PM BST
holiday girl got going late on its first run  worth an ew bet in fillies maiden i think
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com