Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Gotchee
22 May 16 19:09
| Topic/replies: 2,689 | Blogger: The Gotchee's blog
Your so called superstar is beaten by a bargain basement "throw away" (another classic winner sold by the Hannons) but you still couldn't  be magnanimous in defeat.
You had to refer to your book of excuses with the following drivel;
"We were delighted to be second and hopefully she'll be grand. Her sinus burst and the blood came down her nose and you can never know what kind of effect that has, but it obviously wasn't a positive."

On whether Minding will still go for the Oaks, O'Brien added: "It was a bit of an afterthought coming here, we skipped a piece of work and brought her here instead and I don't think there will be any change of plan."

250 Group 1's and you still can't give the small man his day in the sun.  Behind the pioneer pin and mass on Sunday you mask a nasty streak.
Pause Switch to Standard View Aidan O'Brien hold your head in shame.
Show More
Report Vubiant May 22, 2016 7:41 PM BST
A warped interpretation if ever I heard one. Ballydoyle haters having a rare field day -so I suppose it must be milked for what it's worth.
Report GANT007 May 22, 2016 7:56 PM BST
You may have overlooked where he congratulated Adrian, Shane and the tough filly.
Report brain dead jockeys May 22, 2016 8:06 PM BST
i like aidan but he does come out with too many excuses...........usually about the ground...........no superstars at ballydoyle this year i reckon........does have some nice two year olds though
Report neill d May 22, 2016 11:39 PM BST
They are having issues lately producing top class colts capable of winning the all age group 1 races. Australia was probably the last Arc horse they had and he was taken by The Grey Gatsby. Youd be going back to Henrythenavigator for their last real world class out and out miler.
Report brain dead jockeys May 22, 2016 11:52 PM BST
fair point neill...............they have won the arc once - dylan thomas.............the only good sprinters i can remember are stravinsky and mozart...........and they were 16 years ago.........aidan has never won the english champion stakes.....that is an amazing stat.........but no trainer is perfect. o'brien and the operation they have is as close as you will get.
Report pa lapsy May 23, 2016 10:00 AM BST
No superstars at Ballydoyle but no superstars anywhere else,looking a very average year for 3yo's to me. Still have enough ammo for Epsom and no surprise if he gets both.With what who knows.
I saw that interview with Aiden on ATR after the 1000 and really thought there wasn't a hint of sour grapes or anything like that.
Report maxheadroom May 23, 2016 10:23 AM BST
fair criticism. imagine if every trainer who hasnt the backng aob has came out with well he shuld be winning all these group races with the riches he has to chose from. they be called begrudgers and the like. aob has turned into a tacky pr rep for coolmore.
Report kincsem May 23, 2016 2:41 PM BST
I doubt when Ballydoyle review the weekend's racing this thread will get much of a hearing. Laugh
Report neill d May 23, 2016 6:24 PM BST
Awtaad couldn't have won that any better and is likely a superstar; If I were the connections of Galileo Gold I'd be looking to stay away from him. He has huge scope to improve and what he might do on better ground is frightening. Galileo wasn't top class last season and it might be that Newmarket wasn't as good a race as thought, Id chance him in the Eclipse which has been soft enough in recent years. Awtaad was ver reminiscent of Sea the Stars the way he went through the race. The retiried Cape Cross has had some dingers in recent seasons. I wonder is there any connection between him being pensioned off and the careers st stud if Golden Horn and STS
Report The Gotchee May 23, 2016 9:34 PM BST
Coolmore is in decline. They don't have one colt in the top 30 of the LONGINES World's Best Racehorse Rankings. When Galileo pops his clogs they might as well shut up shop.
They are doing their best to reinvent Fastnet Rock who they had previously written off. It didn't surprise me to see Found floundering against Fascinating Rock yesterday.
They don't have a decent sprinter or miler. They are gone very one dimentional with slow stayers. Its not about wonder that Aidan is gone back to training NH horses.
Report brain dead jockeys May 23, 2016 9:50 PM BST
i would never write them off and their american operation is really hitting the highs now with uncle mo............he is 75k this year and will 150k next year.
galileo will be 20 in two years time.........when saddler wells and danehill retired, they immediatley had galileo which is amazing when u think about it...for the last 30 years they have had a money printer at some stage in these three.
Report TellTheKing May 23, 2016 11:17 PM BST
It may sound like an excuse but it’a true that she did practically nothing since Newmarket. Would’t have entered their minds to run if the other one had been right.

Minding will win the Oaks by a street.
Report frank60 May 24, 2016 1:22 PM BST
Some good posts on this thread, its a bit early in the flat season to be writeing off Aiden yet Gotchee  [ its only May]
Report CheltenhamRoar May 28, 2016 11:24 AM BST
They really need to give up on war front too. Useless.
Report TellTheKing June 4, 2016 8:56 AM BST
Shove that down your throat Gotchee. If Minding had been 100% in Curragh she would have won and it's a credit to all involved that she went so close to winning three Classics in a month.
Report Racingqueen June 4, 2016 9:25 AM BST
the gotchee needs no help to make an absolute krusty the clown of himself does he.....what a golden thread Laugh
Report The Gotchee June 4, 2016 9:42 AM BST
Jet Setting put Minding firmly in her place at the Curragh.
I don't go along with the idiots who think Minding wasn't a 100% at the Curragh.
She beat a 97 rated animal yesterday who , on pedigree, couldn't stay a mile and a half in the back of a horsebox.
Report Meyer Lansky June 4, 2016 10:23 AM BST
I was listening to the Oaks prelims on Radio 5 Live yesterday while at work.No praise at all for Minding's Irish 1000G conqueror,it was all well she may have " banged her head leaving the stalls " ,well maybe she did, maybe she didn't but maybe just accept the fact that on THAT day on THOSE conditions Minding was beaten by a better horse.
I find the British/Irish obsession with trying to remain unbeaten,very tiresome and boring.Some connections will run a mile rather than run the risk of their beloved horse running even the smallest risk of getting beat.
Report TellTheKing June 4, 2016 12:46 PM BST
"firmly in her place" - She beat her a head in a driving finish after a great tussle for the final furlong. If you are going to take a credible viewpoint at least have some kind of basis for your statements.

Jet Setting is a top class animal in the right conditions but Minding is a step ahead of her in terms of talent. She may have been 98% in the Curragh but she didn't bring her full A-Game. When Minding beats her in the Pretty Polly this will become self-evident.
Report The Gotchee June 4, 2016 3:21 PM BST
Jet setting beat Minding fair and square. This bolloxology that "she may have been 98%" is laughable. She was fully fit and beaten by a better horse on the day. She had every opportunity to pass Jet Setting but simply wasn't good enough.
O'Brien came out with the excuse of having missed a piece of work and the bang on the nose and you have been taken in by that waffle.
Report kavvie June 4, 2016 3:33 PM BST
ur a funny guy..did it upset you that pa won 5k?   move on
Report pa lapsy June 4, 2016 3:57 PM BST
Thats news to me Kavvie,i wish but knock a nought off that and you wouldn't be far away.

Some big smiles for the lads selling Jet Setting next week straight after yesterdays race i'd say.
Maybe Ballydoyle was off colour but she had no chance on that Curragh ground, Minding got drafted in and whatever way anyone looks at it,  it wasn't an ideal preparation. Minding has proved yesterday( i agree a poor lot) but the manner was spectular as was Newmarket, she is very very good. That's my tuppence worth.
Report TellTheKing June 4, 2016 5:38 PM BST
Minding didn't just miss a piece of work. She barely put one leg in front of the other between Newmarket & the Curragh until Ballydoyle was out. She probably shouldn't have even ran in the race.
Report The Gotchee June 4, 2016 9:18 PM BST
Just goes to show you how good Jet Setting is.
If my memory serves me correct, they both ran in the English Guineas.
Both horses had the same recovery time.
When they met in the Irish Guineas Jet Setting finished in front of Minding.
That in itself, demonstrates how good Jet Setting is. Surely, that is undeniable.
The excuses you are putting up for Minding are frivolous.
Report STELLAR MANIPULATOR June 4, 2016 11:35 PM BST
Another nail in the coffin for the theory Minding underperformed at the Curragh , Czabo ( also ran at the Curragh) won a competitive listed race at Deauville today for M Channon
Report kincsem June 5, 2016 2:08 AM BST
I see Jet Setting will be sold at auction in the next few weeks.
Minding winning the Oaks, and on soft ground too, must have been pleasing.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com