Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mincer11
11 Jan 16 14:25
| Topic/replies: 3,016 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
Just goes to show what kind of prixx "support " Rugby in Ireland. It only seems like last week when the Munster flags were hanging out of windows of cars and every second house, and that kip that they play in used be packed full at about 70 euro a pop. Now the shoulder to shoulder nonsense is a thing of the past, you could have a stand to yourself now if you turned up.
They used be flying all over Europe supporting them , with tears in their eyes , they were so proud of the great Munster. They aint so proud now are they ?, and to make things worse they cant even switch and start following Leinster, because they arent worth a  sausage either.
Pause Switch to Standard View Munsters Call isnt that audible now.
Show More
Report Tascro January 11, 2016 2:48 PM GMT
Spot on. The wheels of this large bandwagon are coming of. The self proclaimed greatest fans in the world. (not too great when they are needed most) Id hazard a guess and say 70 or 80 % havent been inside the gates of a local rugby field. And alot didnt know rugby existed 10 15 years ago.
Report applehunter January 11, 2016 2:53 PM GMT
Irish begrudgery alive and well.
Report tobywong. January 11, 2016 2:55 PM GMT
agree with mincer , spot on !
Report RoyalAcademy January 11, 2016 3:08 PM GMT
what point are you making Tascro? keep the riff-raff away from the game?  proper order!

let's get local rugby back to where it was: pack: farmer's sons too slow for all other games, the backs: home on furlough from the elite skools
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2016 4:17 PM GMT
When teams start to lose there is always a fall off in support.

I live in Munster but am on the borders of two other provinces.
I never got this feeling of being a proud Munster man,provinces only kicked in for me with the Railway Cup and I would be just supporting the Tipp players.

I support any Irish rugby team,being Irish enough for me.
Report RoyalAcademy January 11, 2016 5:35 PM GMT
I was a fair-weather supporter but usually to oblige a guy who had a few extra tickets to flog from the local club. They were great days - a big (semi-final?) win in the Ricoh in Coventry (the ugliest city in the world thanks to Hitler?) - was memorable and just something we weren't used to-travelling abroad to support a successful team when soccer was of the Trap variety.

It does seem amazing that the defeat to the Pumas has brought about rugby Armageddon and no-one like the ever-jolly mincer to jump on that particular bandwagon. Something vaguely reminiscent in this thread about Alan Quinlan telling the supporters they shouldn't be downing too many half-time pints as it ruined his enjoyment.
Report mincer11 January 11, 2016 6:00 PM GMT
Royal Academy, im not jumping on any bandwagon unlike your good self who openly admitted to doing so. I cant abide Munster and everything they stood for, and i never did. They were the one team that i didnt need to bet against, as i wanted them beat so badly, there was no need for any monetary interest. It gives me great satisfaction to see their current plight though, i'm not ashamed to admit it either.
What is particularly pleasing is the absence of the worms who used to go and support them, where are they now ?
I suppose you still go as i can only assume that the guy from the local club still has those few extra tickets and we know how obliging you are.
Report RoyalAcademy January 11, 2016 6:34 PM GMT
well mincer, that puts me in my place.

is there anything that ever cheers you up apart from confirmation that you're surrounded by fools and ghouls?
Report Fayzer January 11, 2016 8:08 PM GMT
Stop the presses. Team on long losing downward decline finds that there aren't as many people going to see them play. Has such a thing ever happened before?
Report applehunter January 11, 2016 8:37 PM GMT
They are still getting 10 - 12k at their games.

Not to be sniffed at in Irish sporting landscape.
Report mincer11 January 11, 2016 8:42 PM GMT
They are in their hole getting 12000 at home games, they might be when they are away.
The last time i saw them on tv , there was a few in the stands who were afraid that theyd be asked to tog out.
Report snap crackle and pop January 11, 2016 8:56 PM GMT
Hahaha! LaughLaughLaugh
Report workrider January 11, 2016 10:23 PM GMT
LaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com