Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
norn iron
01 Nov 15 08:46
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: norn iron's blog
ROLL  IT OUT EW NAP  355  THINK THIS IF off today  Wink WILL WIN

LUIMNIEACH ABU  AGAIN FOR BJG  CAN FOLLOW UP AFTER FEW EYE CATCHING EFFORTSGrin

GREEN N GOLD DOUBLE Love

GOOD LUCK PUNTERS     OFF  XMAS SHOPPING  Cry
Pause Switch to Standard View NAAS/CORK FANCIES ?
Show More
Report Rocketfingers November 1, 2015 9:19 AM GMT
My Hometown, seems short at the prices? I take it this is a bit of a talking horse?
Report Jumping November 1, 2015 9:22 AM GMT
Goonyella.. only needs to be 80 per cent yo win on the snap.. deadwood against and conditions to suit 

The mad well.. love conditions and was second in this last year in far stronger contest when coming in fresh. Question marks about rest. 109 Mark given to top one a bit unfair
Report Jumping November 1, 2015 9:27 AM GMT
My hometown is s monster.. could be anything... was never gonna be impressive over hurdles at Xmas as still a baby and this year on is gonna be anything.. far from talking horse if anything people are trying to keep it quiet 
Report Rocketfingers November 1, 2015 10:54 AM GMT
Cool jumping thanks, will just have a watch of it.
Report tony57 November 1, 2015 11:06 AM GMT
PRIDE OF BRAID 4.35
2nd lto was a decent run now with the kid taking 7lb off I think that may be the decider?
looking forward to 2.45 @naas..my hometown and VELVET MAKER..1.05 looks a interesting race
Report Ozymandius November 1, 2015 11:15 AM GMT
I see Wonks has officially transferred to the Horse Racing forum.  Must be in a right strop with us Grin
Report dj876 November 1, 2015 12:21 PM GMT
15.35 - Riverside City

The return to 3 miles 4 furlongs looks sure to bring about some improvement for this Gordon Elliot trained 6yo.  Jack Kennedy has had a quiet period but I think this was as a result of a conscious effort by these connections to preserve his valuable claim. I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the revered Mr.McManus but would prefer to back one of his in a 50k handicap rather than a beginners chase.

Riverside City relished the marathon trip over 3m 4f at Downpatrick as was only 5th going over the last but got up in the dying strides. He won that off 109 and is off 116 today before taking into account Jack's claim.

13.40 - Sizing Granite

This son of Milan was improving at a rate of knots at the end of last season culminating in a Grade One victory at Aintree defeating the Arkle second God's Own. This is only a Grade 3, he goes well fresh and de Bromhead can be relied upon to have him straight enough. The Luke McMahon owned horse was left down a bit by Claracm's run yesterday and that Grade 2 at Gowran looks weak. The excellent David Mullins appears to be consolidating a relationship with Gigginstown but Devil's bride should find things happening too quick for him on relatively good ground over the minimum trip.

16.35 - Screaming Rose

I think the ground is the most crucial factor here.Pride of the Braid is a very decent mare and is owned by Brian Gleeson's dad but the ground must be a massive worry after completely flopping at Mallow on debut (similar soft ground) after being punted from 8/1 to 5/2. The Willie Mullins trained home bred filly is expected to improve on her debut run with softer conditions expected to suit.

After race at Galway Tue, 8th Sep, 2015 (1st) She was very green the whole way and pricked her ears when she got to the front. I think there's a lot of improvement in her and I think a cut would suit her better. A lot of credit must go to my mother (Jackie) who bred from the mare and has now bred four horses which have now all won.

13.40-Sizing Granite - 5 points win @ 1.84
15.35-Riverside City- 1 point (ew) @ 16/1
16.35-Screaming Rose- 3 points win @1.77
Report tony57 November 1, 2015 12:26 PM GMT
nice write up dj..
Report DeargDubh November 1, 2015 1:15 PM GMT
Well put...'I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the revered Mr.McManus but would prefer to back one of his in a 50k handicap rather than a beginners chase'
Report easygold November 1, 2015 2:04 PM GMT
Race fitness...... = ratings get left behind and make punters look fool`s........ too early boy`s....... far too early......... go out for a walk everyday for the next month...... come back and you will know a lot more and the pocket will be o.k
Report TheWasp November 1, 2015 2:27 PM GMT
Thanks easygold hope you take your own advice and take a nice walk for a month instead of aftertimimg every race
Report pa lapsy November 1, 2015 2:32 PM GMT
Maybe the post was made after how unfit Goonyella probably was, might have a point with that.
Report easygold November 1, 2015 2:40 PM GMT
After-timing???? every race .......... Wow...... It`s Nov 1st....... one day of racing......... punters have 29 days left....... So yeah that`s after-timing all right.........
Look it punters think odds on is value or even 11/10-5/4 shots at this time of the season so be it......... But mugs will be mugs........

Ratings are only a guide...... done by a couple of people....... You be your own Handicapper don`t listen to them.

Ratings from the previous year........ very dangerous using those figures so soon this season. They have to prove themselves yet at their so called mark..... You get my drift...........  See you in December ......
Report easygold November 1, 2015 2:45 PM GMT
TheWasp..... you have a bee in your bonnet......... Calm down Oueen Bee
Report TheWasp November 1, 2015 2:51 PM GMT
Thanks again for the great advice  - horses might not be fit- stick to berating every jockey you back that doesnt win after the race
Report easygold November 1, 2015 3:02 PM GMT
Horses might not be fit????? so why guess with odds on shots........ going by form 12 months ago........
Report TheWasp November 1, 2015 3:28 PM GMT
who was guessing ??
Report snap crackle and pop November 1, 2015 3:44 PM GMT
Get into bed easygob ya plum
Report easygold November 1, 2015 4:16 PM GMT
Ah Oddschecker is defo broke........ U clown......
Report kingrat November 1, 2015 5:20 PM GMT
move along,nothing to see here.
Report Rocketfingers November 1, 2015 6:31 PM GMT
I iwsh i got stuck right into hometown like i planned too, Pa will be reminding me of this mistake for years to come no doubt.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 1, 2015 7:30 PM GMT
Ozymandius notes Workrider posting on the racing forum,he neglects to tell us that he followed him over there and posted cowardly comments on it.
Slickster turned up there also with some unamusing worthless insults.

Slickster and Ozymandius are a nice double act,both have fantasy lives,both dishonest and both notorious after timers.
Report insideinfo November 1, 2015 7:44 PM GMT
the wasp = snap = a sad git
Report freddiek November 1, 2015 8:10 PM GMT
nasty stuff from Ozy...he has some streak of bile in him
Report snap crackle and pop November 1, 2015 8:26 PM GMT
Insideinfo = mug
Report Snookerpunter November 1, 2015 8:35 PM GMT
Ah Jesus Snap.....that's like saying I'm Callit.....duuuhhhh!!
Report snap crackle and pop November 1, 2015 8:36 PM GMT
But amen't I callitasucit as well though?
Report callitasucit November 1, 2015 8:38 PM GMT
That's it.
Report snap crackle and pop November 1, 2015 8:50 PM GMT
Easy get confused on here!
Report TheWasp November 1, 2015 10:29 PM GMT
insideinfo = seether extraordinaire
Report snap crackle and pop November 1, 2015 10:31 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Ozymandius November 1, 2015 10:35 PM GMT
Way I see it, we may have lost Wonks but Gotchee is a more than adequate replacement.  Strikingly similar processing capabilities. #twins
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2016 10:49 PM GMT
With apologies to WR, BUT your buddy Northern Eye has a more aptly named thread BlushLoveDevil

YES, there's racing action in NAAS BUT ALSO a much better card in CORK 2moro with the €50,000 PP CORK GRAND NATIONAL + a 40,000 Grade3 Novice Chase and a €40,000 Listed Nov Hdle.

NAAS kicks off at 12.40 while CORK has a 1.00pm start

I note dj's SCREAMING ROSE for Mullins/RUBY bids to follow last years bumper success.

Ruby 'bitter/sweet' Walsh rides four more in CORK - "Ruby Walsh admitted feeling “bitter-sweet” following his big race win on the Giggs owned Valseur Lido, making his debut for new trainer Henry De Bromhead (formerly in the care of WP Mullins).

workrider 05 Nov 16 19:45
Up The Town (9/2 Meade/Nina) in the NAAS bumper is one I think will come on a lot from its Punchestown run. BEST OF LUCK with that WR - up against BRELADE 8/13fav Gordon/Codd Devil

The in-form NICHOLLS stable has 5 in SANDOWN too, with 2.15pm Vivaldi Collonges 10/11 fav the stand out.
© CMiyc Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2016 12:12 AM GMT
3.15 There's talk on the street; it sounds so familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6FsnmaJrQQ&list=RDs6FsnmaJrQQ#t=37
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2016 1:33 AM GMT
Fancy a quick Giggs double - 2.20 Naas & 2.40 Cork - Attribution (Henry/BJG) & Alpha Des Obeaux (Mouse/David Mullins)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2016 1:34 AM GMT
Tycoon Prince was enter for both races.
Report joevalue147 November 6, 2016 2:09 AM GMT
Kinratty Castle has added aids which puzzles me. Hot enough race. Thought connections might wait a while longer. Probably needs the big black ones though so this post has a disclaimer on it till 2018/19
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2016 3:45 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan  • November 6, 2016 1:33 AM GMT 
Fancy a quick Giggs double - 2.20 Naas & 2.40 Cork - Attribution (Henry/BJG) & Alpha Des Obeaux (Mouse/David Mullins)

Be JayZus it can be done ! Mississippi River 16's does like Cork.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2016 4:01 PM GMT
There's always one - 2nd Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2016 4:13 PM GMT
WR, Another HARCHI ! - even looked like Carberry on board Whoops
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2016 4:37 PM GMT
By God there's some prize money in Auteuil for those Grade 1's.
Report norn iron November 6, 2016 5:33 PM GMT
AFTERTIMIMG SPECIAL 

WAS GOING SHOPPING TO KEEP HER HAPPY   AS TOLD WIFE GOING  CHELT ON EITHER FRI OR SAT   SO POSTED 4 ON FACEBOOK

LLANCILO LORD NAP
SIR SCORPION
AMORE ALATO
POKER SCHOOL

CAME HOME HAAY DAYS  $KYBET ACCOUNT  5772£Love(FOR  10£ STAKE INC 1£ SINGLES ) IM SURE WOULD PLAYED MORE ON BETFAIR BUT HAPPY DAYS  AS THATS XMAS   PAID FOR  AND EASTER AND LOADS TRIPS  RACING   

TINGLE CREEEK ILL TELL HER IM GOING WHEN SHE GETS VODKA IN HER  AND ME THINKS CHELT NEW YEARS DAY  AS LIFE IS FOR LIVING
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 6, 2016 5:53 PM GMT
norn iron 01 Nov 15 08:46
...GOOD LUCK PUNTERS...OFF XMAS SHOPPING
Cry

Well Done NI...at least your consistent with the shopping trips Devil
Report punchestown November 6, 2016 6:32 PM GMT
Well done Norn,delighted for you Cool
Report norn iron November 6, 2016 7:26 PM GMT
CHEERS PUNCH AND CATCH  BEEN HITTNG CRROSSBAR LAST FEW MONTHS NICE HIT IT BIGTIME FOR  .IM SMALL PUNTER BUT ID GLADLY GIVE LOT BACK TO KEEP VATOUR AND AVANT TOUT BACK FOR THERE CONNECTIONS   AS SAD DAY FOR ALL INVOLVED

THANK FEC WAS SHOPPING AS I THINK cash out  WOULD BE VERY TEMPTEDScared

CATCH  AT LEAST WINNING I TOLD GER FANCIED GOING SANDOWN  SHE SAID BUY ME NEW COAT AT 99£  = I  HADNT HEART SAY HOTEL FLIGHTS BOOKED 2 WEEKS AGO

PS she CAN GET COAT Devil

ON SADDER NOTE THE GOLD CUP LOOKS LIKE TIZZARDS UNLESS CONEYGREE RETURNS FULLY FIT  .?
Report workrider November 6, 2016 8:49 PM GMT
Cheapskate ...Devil Give the girl a few grand you miserable bastard...
Report Arklearkle November 7, 2016 12:47 PM GMT
WD NI but you wont be winning much more from that lot again.
Report norn iron November 7, 2016 3:21 PM GMT
ARKLE   DONE BET TO WIN  1400£  TODAY AND NO BOTHER GETTING ON BUT WILL WITHDRAW 90%  AFTER LAST RACE (SAD AS IT IT I LOVE LOOKING AT THE BALANCE  Crazy
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 4, 2017 6:00 PM GMT
Be JayZus another double header 2moro.....must have a luck

Take Automated to spring a 20/1 PP surprise in €100,000 November Handicap at Naas at 3.00pm while Wounded Warrior for Meade/Short(7) is in action in 3m4f Cork Grand National at 3.15pm.

SMULLEN will hardy win all his 7 races in NAAS (having drawn a bliank in his last 30 rides)

Betsey Trotter 9-0 Weld in first race at 12.20
Scorpion Black 9-5 Weld
Sebastiano Ricci 9-6 JP O'Brien
The Last Indian 9-2 Aidan Howard
Lord Erskine 9-4 H Rogers
Great Trango 9-10 David Kelly
Tocco D'amore 8-9 Weld

GOOD LUCK PUNTERS...Devil
Report workrider November 4, 2017 10:25 PM GMT
Naas tomorrow is where I'll be so heres a few I like, Still Standing ran like a horse that the penny has started to drop last time. Its My Turn 1.55. the maiden he ran in last June was some hot race, he should do the business . Deor of Keily's  could be worth a little e/w in the Nov,finally Lagostovegas has been transformed since joining Willie .
Good luck all.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 6:36 AM GMT
Be JayZus another double header.....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 6:38 AM GMT
Heavy going IF Naas goes ahead
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 8:06 AM GMT
His Eminence Donnacha will receive his crown today too
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 8:35 PM GMT
Donnacha O’Brien was officially crowned Irish champion Flat jockey for the second time on the final day of the season at Naas.
The defending champion ended with a tally of 111 winners for the campaign over the 2017 champion jockey Colin Keane. It has been a titanic battle between the pair for much of the year before O’Brien pulled clear in the final weeks. O’Brien’s title race victory means he matches the feat of his older brother Joseph, who won back-to-back championships in in 2012 and 2013.
Donnacha O’Brien said: “It’s a relief to win it and to have it over and done. It’s head-frying (going for the jockeys’ championship), and I don’t know how lads like AP (McCoy) and Pat (Smullen) kept going for so many years. It drains you doing it one or two years, so I can only imagine what they went through. “Colin (Keane) is someone I have the utmost respect for, and to ride over 100 winners in a season not riding for dad (Aidan O’Brien) or Joseph is incredible. It’s a true test of how good he is.

Oisin Orr shared the champion apprentice title with Andrew Slattery after dramatically winning the final race of the season aboard Maria Christina at Naas. Slattery had held an advantage of two (43-41) going into today.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com