Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tascro
23 Aug 15 13:14
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: Tascro's blog
Lots of rumours swirling around....... DOM taking over?
Pause Switch to Standard View Aidan O Brien. Will he be in...
Show More
Report applehunter August 23, 2015 1:26 PM BST
Heard the same.
Report quay_street August 23, 2015 1:34 PM BST
The timing of the Irish Times article yesterday is interesting.
http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/life-of-o-brien-behind-the-scenes-at-coolmore-and-ballydoyle-1.2324272
Report tobywong. August 23, 2015 1:39 PM BST
smyth and gleneagles in france ?
Report jumper August 23, 2015 1:42 PM BST
Sorry. DOM?
Report applehunter August 23, 2015 1:45 PM BST
David O'Meara
Report quay_street August 23, 2015 1:47 PM BST
I suspect that on top of the Irish Champion, the Lagadere triggered some things, but I don't think it is as black and white as people think.
Report TellTheKing August 23, 2015 1:48 PM BST
Sounds like a load of pony to me. Coolmore need Aidan, Wachman has no chance and there’s no-one else that looks in line.

Just as importantly, Aidan needs Coolmore. How could a guy like him face into training jumpers full time after the success he has had?

By far and away the most likely scenario is the status quo remains at Ballydoyle but Joseph takes over the Piltown licence. Undoubtedly there has been friction in Ballydoyle but Aidan knows which way his bread is buttered. The problem isn’t him anyway but the wife. She doesn’t realise how good they have it.
Report jumper August 23, 2015 2:23 PM BST
Thanks applehunter. Whatever happens both men, O'Brien and O'Meara, have what it takes. O'Meara certainly has been a revelation. Not sure what more he would bring to the party though than AOB. Maybe hunger as AOB has been there, done it, and got about 15 tea shirts.
Report jimeen August 23, 2015 2:53 PM BST
The obvious problem here is the nepotism involved, and the lack of tolerance of such by some of the big players inside the inner cirle.
Its patently obvious that sub standard riders are the major issue here, Joseph is ordinary and has huge weight issues, Donnacha is worse than ordinary and the little girl that rides on the flat, well its hard to quantify how much of a liability she is against seasoned professionals.
Its not fair on the girl to be shown up the way she is, and its not fair on the people who are paying the bills, nor is it fair on riders like Heffernan and O Donoghue, even McNamara who are continually marginalised.
A world class operation that has world class facilities, world class horses with a world class trainer, and to complete the jigsaw we dont have world class jockeys, and if we do then we dont use them.
Even the most talented jockeys do not ride below their threshold, yet Aidan O Brien continues to ask a jockey who isnt really up to the required standard, to ride at nearly half a stone below what he should .
He couldnt ride at 9st 5lb early this year and wasnt deemed fit to ride Found who carried 8st 12lb even today, yet amazingly he was to ride Gleneagles who was to carry the same weight.
As to his future, id imagine he will go sooner rather than later, and with regards his future , who knows what will happen. There is an obvious succesor, and a much better candidate than O Meara alot closer to home. Money speaks all languages so anythings possible.
Report kavvie August 23, 2015 3:14 PM BST
who jimeen?
Report jimeen August 23, 2015 3:28 PM BST
Well the obvious one is Willie Mullins. He has proven he is a master trainer that can get it done on the big occasions repeteadly. He has his family reared, and has a ready made succesor in Patrick to take up the NH mantle if required. The big money is in the flat and he has nearly achieved everything over jumps. Vincent and Aidan o Brien came from the jumps, Dickinson switched codes, why not Mullins?.
My own opinion for what its worth is that O Meara will not be entertained, id imagine Wachman will have a better chance than him.
Report gemini01 August 23, 2015 3:30 PM BST
it can only be the "shark" kavvie, i would say!! He would look well walking in under the arch in Ballydoyle, it would be just his height as well
Shark and Magnier with two panama hats on walking the stable of stock, what a sight ha ha
Report kavvie August 23, 2015 4:16 PM BST
would willie be able to employ his own "methods" there though?
Report kavvie August 23, 2015 4:17 PM BST
the shark would look the biz in the royal enclosure in royal ascot!!
Report jimeen August 23, 2015 4:28 PM BST
His methods as you put it look fairly good to me, the one thing he does is put up the best jockeys, and you cannot say the same for O Brien.
Its patently obvious that even Heffernan is completely different class from Joseph, but the nepotistic tendencies continue unabated.
Report kavvie August 23, 2015 5:19 PM BST
his improvement of several horses upward of 40 lbs ..the latest clondaw warrior seem to be very effective for sure.hes very good.
Report neill d August 23, 2015 6:24 PM BST
If Willie wins the Gold Cup & CC next season, which looks very likely, he has nothing left to achieve. Anyone else, even O'Meara, would be a step down from O'Brien. Wonder would it lead to Ricci getting involved on the Flat?
Report Bigwillystyle August 23, 2015 7:33 PM BST
Why would O'Brien stay when he is not calling the shots down there anymore?
Best decision he has made is to leave at the end of the year. Might even train a few for the Sheik
Report neill d August 23, 2015 8:05 PM BST
O'Brien training for the Arabs would be massive, in fact the Qataris, the UAE, the lot of them should form a racing conglomerate, buy a big long lease somewhere on the Curragh and give all of their best horses to Aidan O'Brien who I assume would bring a lot of his staff with him. There have been too many potentially very good horses mishandled.
Report neill d August 23, 2015 8:42 PM BST
Have you heard he is going BWS? Sounds like you've heard the decision is made.

I presume the reason he would stay would be what TTK mentioned, going back to training jumpers having trained the best in the world. Presume the likes of McManus (in a real way), O'Leary and Potts would be beating down his door were he to go F/T and if Mullins were to remain as is it would be great for the NH game.

O'Brien training for the Arabs from the Curragh against a new man at Ballydoyle as well as Bolger and Weld would make Irish Racing the most attractive and interesting scene in the world by a million miles. The narrative is so intriguing it could bring a lot more Flat Racing back to terrestrial television. O'Brien v Mullins would be another level again, would lead to an explosion in the popularity of flat racing you'd think.
Report Bigwillystyle August 23, 2015 9:10 PM BST
Yeah I heard its a formality. Will still be mostly flat horses. Aparently will have 150 in training.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 23, 2015 9:26 PM BST
The feud between Coolmore and the Arabs is still going on.
The Arabs would love to see Aidan OBrien setting up again.

One long shot could be the 73 year old Jim Bolger retiring and an old employee returning as boss.
Report workrider August 23, 2015 9:29 PM BST
Wildmanfromborneo pm'd you
Report mincer11 August 23, 2015 9:29 PM BST
There is no way Aidan O Brien is going to train jumpers, are ye bonkers or what ?
He may well receive a pay off to retire, or he may train for the Arabs, but he won't go back training jumpers.
Report neill d August 23, 2015 9:51 PM BST
Ah right, thanks lads. Most interesting racing story in years anyway.
Report Golden Fleece August 23, 2015 9:56 PM BST
Joseph would certainly not be capable of taking over at pilltown ttk
Report TellTheKing August 23, 2015 10:46 PM BST
Well Golden I was down in a yard in Mooncoin almost exactly six years ago, not long after Joseph started riding. The talk even then was that The Hill was being prepared for him to train from when he finished riding (I’d say it’s a surprise to all locals that he is still riding). He also drives a jeep full of riders to Piltown every day after morning lots in Ballydoyle. Aidan may not see them horses until they get to the track. Whether he is capable or not I think its highly likely he will be taking out a licence for that yard. Similarly, Wachman isn’t capable of running Ballydoyle but that doesn’t totally preclude him from getting it.

The role of Ballydoyle trainer is such a gargantuan task that it suits a neurotic like Aidan. Ultimately I can’t see The Boys wanting him gone unless the relationship is completely irretrievable. Equally training them high class flat horses is a drug for Aidan. I suppose most normal men would side with family over those horses. Aidan’s not normal though and I find it difficult to see how he would give it up and certainly not to train JP’s jumpers.
Report tony57 August 24, 2015 10:44 AM BST
I,d be very surprised if aiden is not @ballydoyle next season..but you guys hear more than me, is the problem the family situation were aiden wants his kids to ride or is it more than that?as for DOM..taking over, I can only say I rate the guy very highly, but ballydoyle is some pressure..DOM is getting to the top in the north and will soon have over 125 in his string were HE is the boss..could you see him wanting to take such a high profile pressure job and not be his own boss?..of course money is king?
Report Bigwillystyle August 24, 2015 10:51 AM BST
Tony of course DOM would jump at the chance to be given a regular wage. My understanding is AOB has no say where the horses go. Eg Gleneagles last week.
DOM looks a very good trainer but he is getting a serious helping hand if u get my drift! It's amazing how much these horses improve.......
Very similar to Newland, Dalgleish and I could name a few more. How these boys are not caught is beyond me!
Report TellTheKing August 24, 2015 11:01 AM BST
BWS it's not just them Northern trainers. Same thing is happening in all the big yards across here and the UK. It's at the stage where you aren't competing at the top if the horses are only running on nuts and water!
Report tony57 August 24, 2015 11:03 AM BST
thanks BWS, I get you..as I say you guys at home hear more than us over here.
Report mrcombustible August 24, 2015 9:05 PM BST
O'Meara quashes Ballydoyle rumours

BY LEE MOTTERSHEAD 7:55PM 24 AUG 2015

THE hottest rumour in racing was on Monday night firmly quashed by David O’Meara as one of the sport’s most highly respected and widely admired young trainers poured cold water on intense speculation linking him with a move to Ballydoyle.

The whispers suggesting Aidan O’Brien, the most successful Flat trainer of the modern era, could leave the John Magnier-owned Ballydoyle have become rife in recent days, making their way into the written press, television and social media.

Racecourse gossip during last week’s Ebor meeting culminated in two newspapers, one in Britain and one in Ireland, linking O’Meara with the most coveted post in his profession.

With Coolmore and Ballydoyle sticking to their long-held policy of not commenting on speculation, there remained the possibility for it to continue, but the North Yorkshire-based O’Meara – who has trained more than 500 winners despite taking out his licence only in 2010 – on Monday repudiated the rumours in unequivocal terms.

Speaking to the Racing Post, he said: “I have never been approached by anyone at Coolmore regarding Ballydoyle. There is no substance to the rumour.”

Read more in Tuesday’s Racing Post newspaper - or download the iPad edition from 8pm on Monday
Report TellTheKing August 24, 2015 11:08 PM BST
If it does actually happen I expect that will put the kibosh on the David Walsh book being written about Ballydoyle in collaboration with the O’Brien family.
Report tony57 August 25, 2015 12:36 PM BST
well those that said DOM is involved look to be off the mark?
Report wildmanfromborneo August 25, 2015 12:46 PM BST
This is Tabor led,he is volatile and punts.

Magnier knows he needs Aidan OBrien a lot more than he needs him,he also knows no matter where OBrien would go he would have a stable full of choicely bred horses.

Jimeen points to the downside of having the OBrien children riding the horses but misses the upside.
There are now four unpaid live in full time experts in that stable,they know those horses inside out.

If the Arabs had any sense they would have poached OBrien years ago with some super offer.

If I was in there shoes I would buy Coolcullen lock stock and barrel,let Jim Bolger have a state of the art stud and then give it gratis to OBrien with the stipulation he trains for them.
Report TellTheKing August 25, 2015 1:10 PM BST
Wildman how do you know they are experts as a matter of interest? Being brought up around horses doesn't make them automatic experts. The magic Aidan has isn't something that can be thought. I imagine there are any number of the staff members who are equally adept with the horses stationed in Ballydoyle.

It's also not Tabor led. It's Anne Marie led. If she kept her mouth shut and wasn't pushing the children on the operation there wouldn't be an issue.
Report Arklearkle August 25, 2015 1:16 PM BST
At least the children wont be secretly training an opposing runner either. Feedback and trust are very important attributes in a jockey.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 25, 2015 1:31 PM BST
Does no one on this site have children ?

What would you expect Anne Marie to do other than look after her children's interest ?

Tabor called the place a kindergartens and moaned when one of his bets went down.
He blamed Joseph for Australia getting beaten at Leopardstown.

The four children live in Ballydoyle,they all ride out every day.
Joseph while stable jockey was there every day,that never happened before.
Report winsamsoon August 25, 2015 1:31 PM BST
Don't think Tabor is the problem either, when Murtagh was there half of Tipp knew better than Tabor which horses were fancied. Having the O'Briens riding for them meant whatever they were losing on jockey skills they were gaining by everything staying in-house. With Ryan Moore they have the best of both worlds. I don't think Aiden will be going anywhere soon.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 25, 2015 1:41 PM BST
It wasn't the top half,wasn't the North Riding.

Ryan Moores injury is far more serious than previously realised,he needs a plate in his neck but that would mean not riding anymore so he has to let it heal naturally.
Report Bigwillystyle August 25, 2015 1:48 PM BST
His ride on Australia was one of the worst rides you will ever see.  Nothing wrong with blaming him for that.

As an aside, there seems to be a common theme to all the fallings out over the years down there.  The wife!!
Report TellTheKing August 25, 2015 2:07 PM BST
Anne Marie would serve her children far better by not driving a wedge between the family and The Lads. As long as Aidan was in place there would be a place for them at Ballydoyle. However, nepotism has resulted in them being catapulted beyond their stations to a level they don't have the requisite abilities for.

Joseph was at fault for Australia for getting beat. 

The Tabor argument doesn't make sense. Say he was giving out about having the children around the place before, they are all grown up now so its a mute point.

They also don't want the main rider there every morning riding out. Again, a mute point. There are also far better riders than the likes of Sarah and Ana at Ballydoyle. If they left in the morning no-one would notice. Joseph and Donnacha have their place but are also easily replaceable.
Report Clerkmore August 25, 2015 2:09 PM BST
I think you mean "a moot point."
Report TellTheKing August 25, 2015 2:16 PM BST
I certainly did, typing while watching replays doesn't help with grammar!
Report mincer11 August 25, 2015 5:19 PM BST
Auld Dan has no concept of whats going on here, Tabors bets are meaningless in the context of his overall wealth. Of course he would like to win but who wouldnt, but the biggest issue is that Tabor and Smith arent young and they want to win these races, and are obviously peturbed by the fact that they are paying top dollar for everything and being forced to use journeymen and women.
The writing is on the wall now though, the recent publicity makes O Briens position untenable.
Report RoyalAcademy August 25, 2015 5:55 PM BST
Aidan astounded me with his Royal Ascot talk of the family running the Ballydoyle show after Gleneagles victory in SJP. I can only imagine the main man was fuming. I can't imagine the other two honchos get a look in on the vital strategic issues. Smith seems a fella I'd scarcely buy a pint for.

Everything I know about John Magnier would indicate to me he would want an Irishman running the Ballydoyle show.

Aidan and his domineering wife are very unwise and foolish to think they can impose themselves on this situation. It would be an unmitigated disaster and, don't forget, Aidan had to earn his spurs for a few years in Rosegreen before he got the pick of the 2yo crops.

This situation is analogous to the Joseph O'Brien debacle and how the Coolmore boys have allowed it do develop is beyond me.

blinkered thinking praising this "legion of mary" family and getting too tall for their boots.

Wouldn't have DOM as he's a greenhorn albeit the alternatives here in Ireland are not very obvious. Wachman, Oxx.....but maybe they will go to America for Irish roots if it comes to pass.
Report neill d August 25, 2015 5:56 PM BST
What irks Tabor is that Australia's reputation was basically destroyed by that defeat at Leopardstown which should never have happened, I'd say he winces every time he sees The Grey Gatsby finish 3rd or 4th and he'll probably be looking at it next year as well.
Report Heisenberg. August 25, 2015 6:15 PM BST
3 of the Ballydoyle horses that Won @ Royal Ascot were not the same horses that were running in Ireland.They went from downing tools & falling in a hole under pressure to running through Brick walls.Watch the videos back
Report mincer11 August 25, 2015 6:21 PM BST
And what in gods name has that got to do with this debate here?
Theres always some nutjob who goes off tangent, the next thing is somebody putting up something for tomorrow in Bellewstown.
Report Heisenberg. August 25, 2015 6:30 PM BST
Mincer
And what in gods name has that got to do with this debate here?

"BWS it's not just them Northern trainers. Same thing is happening in all the big yards across here and the UK. It's at the stage where you aren't competing at the top if the horses are only running on nuts and water!"
numpty
Report mincer11 August 25, 2015 6:41 PM BST
Could ya name these 3 horses that you are talking about please?
Of course you cant, because you are talking through yer hole.
Now get into bed will ya.
Report kincsem August 25, 2015 6:52 PM BST
Heisenberg
I don't go racing much now.
Some years back I saw a horse run adequately.  A few weeks later I saw it again and it won a very BIG race.
It didn't look like the same beast.  It had improved amazingly in appearance.
Report 3winnersandasecond August 25, 2015 8:52 PM BST
mincer11 21 Jul 15 23:10 Joined: 22 Feb 06 | Topic/replies: 1,045 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
There is no turmoil in South Riding, that's the biggest load of bolloxxx of all time . Typical pub talk from Dan.

mincer11 25 Aug 15 17:19 Joined: 22 Feb 06 | Topic/replies: 1,045 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
"Auld Dan has no concept of whats going on here,
The writing is on the wall now though, the recent publicity makes O Briens position untenable."

Far be it from me to be an apologist for the Wildman but that's some contradiction; yet you're quite happy to accuse others of talking through their proverbial...

For what it's worth I think both sides know which side their bread is buttered on and there will be no split. There is a lot of posturing from the O'Brien side such as the notice to quit given to other trainers currently using the gallops on the Hill
Report TellTheKing August 26, 2015 3:58 PM BST
Have got it fairly right that Aidan will be training for Al Shaqab in Piltown next season. Unlikely that relationship with The Lads can be repaired.

I'll believe it when I see it, and I stand over there being no chance of him training JP's jumpers full time, but we could be witnessing the later stages of an unparalleled era of success for all involved.
Report lingbleed August 28, 2015 1:31 AM BST
Aidan said at royal ascot that he was an old man ,and was thinking off retire or cutting back ,saying that it would be nice to live a normal life for a change ,get to enjoy some of the meeting and stay in some of the cities they vist for a change ,he also said the like's of joseph and other's do most of the work nowadays away ...and when he said that they all had a good chuckly together o brien smith and tabour . I think it's all BS ,coolmore are not one for washing there dirty laundry in public either .
Report triumphoragony August 28, 2015 9:54 PM BST
I'd say aiden was calling cool mores bluff with that statement.cool more need aiden more than aiden needs cool more.it would be a huge risk getting rid of o Brien just because his family are not very good jockies
Report olddesperado August 29, 2015 2:45 AM BST
Triumph , you couldn't be more wrong.
Totaly the other way around.

If I was magnier and my staff started dictating to me even let it be aiden o brien I wouldn't take it and why should he.
I run the show and what I say goes and if you and your family of poor jockeys that I have tolerated so far try dictate to me then goodnight. John m.
Report triumphoragony August 29, 2015 10:31 AM BST
So if aiden went who is their.....Charles o Brien......d watchman .....j oxx ...d o Meara' who let's face it won't be allowed to bring his special carrots with him for his rapidly improving hcap ers.
Report olddesperado August 29, 2015 11:00 AM BST
The crowleys were training winners long before aiden ever arrived on the scene,

Some small trainers with little financial backing have stumbled on a nugget of a horse every now and again and were well able to train it to win classics /group races etc despite competing with the o briens, welds,stouts and godolphins of this world.
P mullins m kauntz p sly e lynam etc
Report 3winnersandasecond August 29, 2015 5:15 PM BST
Today's article in the Examiner doesn't really shed any new light on the current situation...

PAT KEANE: Dark clouds gather over Ballydoyle

Saturday, August 29, 2015 By Pat Keane
So, the rumours that were rife for weeks, regarding Aidan O’Brien’s future at Ballydoyle, finally found their way into the media over the last seven days or so.

It seems matters came to a head somewhat at York’s Ebor meeting, with persistent word that the rather sensational David O’Meara was set to-be-installed as the new Ballydoyle maestro.

That particular rumour, of course, had been doing the rounds here at home for weeks prior to York.

O’Meara has since categorically denied he has ever been approached by anyone from Coolmore about Ballydoyle and that is the end of the matter, one supposes.

In any case whatever about the possibility of O’Meara replacing O’Brien what isn’t in doubt is that there are clearly major tensions between O’Brien and the Coolmore partners.

At the start of the season, Ryan Moore was unveiled as the new Ballydoyle number one rider, with weight problems cited as the reason why Joseph O’Brien had to be replaced.

Joseph, however, following a couple of less than auspicious attempts over flights, soon had his weight under control, but the bird had essentially flown and Moore was, by then, safely sitting in the best seat in the house.

When Moore enjoyed an amazing Royal Ascot it simply confirmed that getting him on board full time was an inspired decision.

But then Moore suffered a neck injury and there is no indication will be returning to action any time soon.

And, it seems, that has meant much tension has again arisen between O’Brien and “the lads”.

Let’s cut to the chase here. My understanding is that one of the partners does not want Joseph riding the Ballydoyle horses, at least not in the top races.

I gather the situation may have reared its head before the Sussex Stakes at Goodwood. That contest had been mapped out for the star three-year-old, the dual 2000 Guineas winner, Gleneagles.

The son of Galileo, of course, wasn’t actually declared because of the likelihood of soft ground, although the surface rode good on the day.

Then at York, O’Brien was anxious to run Gleneagles in the Juddmonte International, with Joseph in the plate.

Joseph was certainly going to ride the horse, although it seems at least one of the partners was less than happy with the arrangement.

As it transpired Gleneagles was again forced to miss out. O’Brien wisely decided against running him, on rain-softened ground and over a trip that was much further, two and a half furlongs, than he had travelled previously.

Had Gleneagles run it is more than interesting that Joseph would have done 8-12, a weight he hasn’t ridden at all season.

It is also interesting to note he was not on Found, when the hot-pot landed a Group 3 at the Curragh last Sunday. Like Gleneagles, she was also on 8-12, with Seamie Heffernan assigned to do the driving.

It is not, obviously, the first time controversy has raged during O’Brien’s tenure at Ballydoyle.

Why, for instance, did the greatest flat jockey this country has ever produced, Michael Kinane, leave Ballydoyle when at the peak of his powers?

Why did the second best flat jockey Ireland has ever seen, Johnny Murtagh, also leave Ballydoyle rather earlier than might have been anticipated?

Then there was Jamie Spencer, who was barely settled into the job when he was on his way. None of those cases has ever really been adequately explained and probably never will!

What’s next? Well, we have to be forgiven for thinking that for Aidan O’Brien to continue to train at Ballydoyle someone has to blink first.

If O’Brien was to decide to move his family from Ballydoyle at any time in the near future, or was requested to do so, then there is a ready-made facility waiting for him at Piltown in Co Kilkenny.

But would it actually make any sense to break up a team that has proved so wildly successful and must have even surprised, at least mildly, the overall supremo at Ballydoyle-Coolmore, John Magnier?

Aidan O’Brien has proved to be one of the greatest success stories in Irish sporting history and there will be no winners should he ever depart Ballydoyle before his time.

Magnier will be well aware that he may find another Galileo, Danehill Dancer, Kinane, Murtagh or Moore, but is unlikely to ever find another O’Brien.

Ballydoyle-Coolmore has a well-known policy of never commenting on speculation, and who can argue with that. It has clearly served them quite nicely over the years.

Basically everyone - the media and the general racing public alike - will be left to do just that, speculate, until Coolmore decides, if needs be, to issue a statement. That statement may never be deemed necessary.

We can be virtually certain nothing will happen before the end of this current campaign and it will, at least on the surface, be business as usual. But next season…!
Report olddesperado August 29, 2015 6:16 PM BST
I presume its all because of the riding arrangements,

Aidans desire to further his son might actually be harming him in the long run.

He had his few years in a job he wasnt really up to and because of the class of animal he was riding he won many big races around the world. Aiden should have been big enough to realise they gave him a chance and it was up to him now to make a tough descision and relegate him to second jockey which would still be one of the best jobs in the world where he would still ride classic and group winners ala seamie.
The fact he didnt and the boss had to instigate it created bad blood between them all and this is where it really messes joseph up because not only would he have continued to win big races on the second string or second meeting but i really think he was an ideal fit to move into the old mans shoes once he retired.

I seen him interviewed once and his knowledge of the horses and attention to detail were amazing so much so id say he might have been a shoe in especially as he was once {maybe still}very well liked by the lads,   remember the joy on all their faces after he won the derby or maybe it was breeders cup race a few years ago.

As i say his desire to look after him might actually cost him dearly in the long run.
Report tony57 August 30, 2015 2:12 PM BST
according to c4 yesterday pat keanes statement is over the top?
Report CheltenhamRoar August 30, 2015 2:26 PM BST
There's no smoke without fire.
Report tony57 August 30, 2015 3:21 PM BST
yes very true chelts..just passing on what was said on the ML..and later in the day although how much you can take notice is open to debate?
Report no-won-sun September 3, 2015 3:13 PM BST
Shay Barry has announced that he is moving his operation to Portlaw shortly, he has been operating out of Piltown for some time now and I understand that most boxes in Piltown are full ready to go so it's not a question if but when.
Report TellTheKing September 4, 2015 3:36 PM BST
Off topic but it relates to Coolmore. Wesley Ward runs one in the first in Saratoga this evening ridden by who else but Kieran Fallon.
Report TellTheKing September 4, 2015 3:37 PM BST
^^^ This horse is owned by Coolmore.
Report mincer11 September 4, 2015 3:50 PM BST
Latest news on this topic, everything sorted out. Aidan staying put, Joseph packing  in riding at the end of the year and going training in Piltown. Ryan Moore if recovered will be stable no 1 and if not it will be someone else.
Report J.R.Hartley September 4, 2015 8:49 PM BST
That's uncanny Mincer...almost exactly what I heard.....almost...Whoops
Report kingrat September 4, 2015 9:04 PM BST
Tensions have come to the surface because Aido wants a piece of the action that thelads enjoy.tbf he has earned it.
Report quay_street September 5, 2015 1:43 PM BST
If he is shareholder, then he can have more influence over who rides/look after the riding interests of the kids.

To be fair, John Mulcahy told old Vincent years ago he shouldn't be training them without having a leg of the action.
Suppose Aidan has got to that point.
Report olddesperado September 6, 2015 9:00 AM BST
Joseph was an interesting jockey booking for m Johnston and sheik Mohammed bin maktoum horse at haydock yesterday.

It might have been welcome to the real world for him though as he was called in to explain the performance of the horse who was tailed of last of 16 I think.
He wouldn't be called in over an aiden/coolmore horse though.

Has there ever been a jockey in the history of the sport that finished tailed off on fancied horses more than him though.

Either completely takes the p1ss knowing he's untouchable or a lot of horses become unbalanced and simply don't respond to his riding style.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 8, 2015 10:42 PM BST
Golden Fleece  • August 23, 2015 9:56 PM BST 
Joseph would certainly not be capable of taking over at pilltown ttk

TellTheKing  • August 23, 2015 10:46 PM BST 

Well Golden I was down in a yard in Mooncoin almost exactly six years ago, not long after Joseph started riding. The talk even then was that The Hill was being prepared for him to train from when he finished riding (I’d say it’s a surprise to all locals that he is still riding). He also drives a jeep full of riders to Piltown every day after morning lots in Ballydoyle. Aidan may not see them horses until they get to the track. Whether he is capable or not I think its highly likely he will be taking out a licence for that yard. Similarly, Wachman isn’t capable of running Ballydoyle but that doesn’t totally preclude him from getting it.

The role of Ballydoyle trainer is such a gargantuan task that it suits a neurotic like Aidan. Ultimately I can’t see The Boys wanting him gone unless the relationship is completely irretrievable. Equally training them high class flat horses is a drug for Aidan. I suppose most normal men would side with family over those horses. Aidan’s not normal though and I find it difficult to see how he would give it up and certainly not to train JP’s jumpers.

BREAKING:
Joseph O'Brien is to retire at the end of the season to train jump horses for JP McManus alongside his Dad.
According to The Mirror O'Brien is set to train mostly jumpers for the Limerick man and will work out of the same yard as his father grew up in in south Kilkenny.
O'Brien has also done some jump racing but it's believed that the constant battle with weight has forced his decision to quit the saddle for the parade ring.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 8, 2015 10:44 PM BST
Has AP's blessing too

http://www.theirishfield.ie/a-p-mccoy-backs-joseph-obrien-training-career-move-189314/#.Ve9T3Rp9U3s.twitter
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 8, 2015 10:46 PM BST
Joseph retiring has probably put a lid on a simmering pot at Coolmore.

Will Ryan be back next season ???
Report kevo November 23, 2019 11:21 AM GMT
Great comeback by Aiden.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com