Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ozymandius
27 Apr 15 15:54
| Topic/replies: 18,108 | Blogger: Ozymandius's blog
Some of the lads here will be emptying themselves into that.

Paddy Power have struck again with another controversial billboard advertisement that has divided the internet.

The bookmaker giant is well known for their edgy, provocative advertising campaigns and this effort on thew Marriage Referendum has done the job for them once more with plenty of debate on social media.

The giant billboard features two balaclava wearing males embracing and kissing with the IRA slogan Tiocfaidh Ar La and odds for a yes (1/10) and no (5/1) vote in the upcoming Marriage Referendum.

A press release for Paddy Power read: “Our latest betting on the referendum makes it look rosy in the garden for the YES camp but don’t be surprised if the NO vote comes from behind to give us all a surprise. In the words of Alex Ferguson, it’s squeaky bum time!”
Pause Switch to Standard View 5/1 for the No campaign
Show More
Report Ozymandius April 27, 2015 4:00 PM BST
They've parked it outside the GPO Laugh

https://twitter.com/MagicCousins/status/592640482720796673/photo/1

Next stop, Glasnevin cemetery.
Report Ozymandius April 27, 2015 4:02 PM BST
http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/irish-politics/gay-marriage-referendum-yes-vote-percentage

Those without the cojones to take the 5/1 will surely impale themselves upon the 5/6 Under 61.5% Yes.
Report Blackwater April 27, 2015 4:30 PM BST
Sure, 'cos these days it's the customers without the cojones, isn't it?

The only thing certain about the referendum is that PP won't lay a fifty at 5/1.
Report Ozymandius April 27, 2015 4:43 PM BST
Check and see....I can have 88.77.
Report TellTheKing April 27, 2015 4:52 PM BST
I thought Paddy missed a trick by not having the banner say "Tiocfaidh Ar Gra". It's creating quite the stir anyway.

The referendum punters should be able to get their readies off Light Breaks in the next in Ayr. This fella will prove far better than a 60 rated performer this season hopefully starting this afternoon.
Report Ozymandius April 27, 2015 5:03 PM BST
You think TTK?  Was reading on the Racing Forum what a bad record Prescott has when he sends one to Ayr.
Report TellTheKing April 27, 2015 5:16 PM BST
I don't take a whole lot of notice of those kind of trends Ozy. Prescott wouldn't be sending them the whole way up there if it wasn't for some kind of purpose.

Ran fairly ordinary, behind the bridle the whole way. He caught my eye last year on his second run and has the size and looks to make into a far better than a 60 rated horse. The handicap experience won't be lost on him and I wouldn't give up. Stronger test of stamina would be preferable the next day also.
Report Ozymandius April 27, 2015 5:24 PM BST
In the last 3 years, he's sent 9 to Ayr, 8 ridden by Morris. 6 have gone off fav. All have been beaten.

Not sure what he's sending them up there for, that horse was very poor.

Was on the winner as luck would have it, then saw your post....and what with your ROI % and me being a Mug and all, I thought I better back your selection as well. Never mind.
Report Vubiant April 27, 2015 5:33 PM BST
Buy the weigh -what would happen if there was a draw - No..648,131- Yes ..648131 ?

-Recount ?
-Review  the spoiled/invalid votes ?
-Refer it to the resident President in the Aras for his casting vote ?Laugh
(Apparently in the US-a referendum loses ( status quo continues) after a tie at least in smaller state )referendums)

Also what would happen if the margin was ,say , less than ten votes ?
'No' could be ten ahead ,then after a recount 'Yes' could be 7 ahead ,then after another recount ,'No' could be 9 ahead ...etc.!
What is regarded as a minimum decisive margin ?
Report Rocketfingers April 27, 2015 5:49 PM BST
Wildman and Workrider but be having their biggest bets of the year Laugh
Report TellTheKing April 27, 2015 5:54 PM BST
Apologies if I led you astray Ozy. Have a few sheckles on Mr Diablo in Funchestown tomorrow to get it back.
Report Ozymandius April 27, 2015 6:32 PM BST
I certainly will do, Sir, thank you!
Report workrider April 27, 2015 8:53 PM BST
Rocket , you no doubt are not sure what you'll vote ....Cool..Maybe that aul fella snogging his mate the other night got you excited....
Report neill d April 27, 2015 8:57 PM BST
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-candidate-wants-gay-people-jailed-adultery-made-illegal-and-rock-bands-outlawed-31176105.html

The above is the kind of stoic zealotry I used to associate with the Tyrone footballers. Dunno where the crowd up there get the energy at all.

I'd be happy enough to give the quaars the Tax Break myself.
Report workrider April 27, 2015 9:01 PM BST
Funny thing is Neill , Ozys Presbyterian background lends itself to exactly those beliefs ...
Report neill d April 27, 2015 9:08 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJehlr1tEw

If he was there, ya wouldn't see much trace of it in him now. Not even enough credit for a death bed saver now I'd say.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com