Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tony57
11 Apr 15 10:47
| Topic/replies: 12,539 | Blogger: tony57's blog
2.50 cole harden
  if he runs like he did at the festival from the front then he'll have too much for them the rain today is in his favour and a flat track.
5.40 briery queen e/w @20/1
would be a lot shorter if with a high profile yard, only has a length to find with the mullins horse on the sandown race as she was stopped in her run, MISS CRICK is the other bet in the race for me , this is without doubt the best mares bumper ive seen in a very long time
Pause Switch to Standard View aintree saturday
Show More
Report CheltenhamRoar April 11, 2015 10:57 AM BST
Cold Harden place lay dont think aintree will play to his strengths at all,He's a grinder/plodder.
Report Santry April 11, 2015 11:21 AM BST
Looks a good betting card today.
1.30 Nicholls Canyon. Made a mistake just as the race was hotting up at Cheltenham.
2.05 Gods Own.Runs to Cheltenham form should win.
2.50 Zardander. The 3 mile hurdlers at present are dreadful and this will not take much winning.
3.25 Buywise. With a decent jockey up I would be very confident but could still win.
5.10 The Game Changer. The morning rain at Cheltenham ruined his chance. Better ground to suit.

Good Luck all.
Report TellTheKing April 11, 2015 11:24 AM BST
Jesus Santry I am thinking exactly the same as you in all races. Gods own probably favoured by more galloping track but should have class edge on the rest. If Buywise doesn't win today he may never win one.
Report Swardean April 11, 2015 11:25 AM BST
Not a single horse ridden from the front or even near the pace has won on the hurdles course this week
Report TellTheKing April 11, 2015 11:30 AM BST
Swardean Davy Russel has been speaking all week about how riders get sucked in going for home too early around aintree, especially the wider hurdles course. Basically they start racing from after 4 out and it gives the ones in behind all day to get there. Thought STD went for home a mile too soon on Vago Collognes yesterday.

I can see Ruby trying to dictate it on Nichols Canyon. Flat track over a furlong shorter will help and could settle better in front.
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 11:58 AM BST
I'm with ye with those aswell.

Nicholls Canyon was very free at Chelt, having settled much better in front at Leop. If Ruby gets an uncontested one today, I doubt he will be beaten.

If a Nicholls or a Mullins trained Gods Own, he be evens.

I backed both Zarkandar and Cole Harden at Chelt, but believe Zarkandar would have won but for the mistake. One of the best jumpers of a burdle out there, I doubt that will repeat itself. Aintree should suit his speedier nature better than CH, and as long as Chelt hasn't left its mark, I expect him to oblige.

Buywise looks a cracking bet at 3-1.

Have backed Rocky Creek, Druids Nephew, First Lieutenant, Spring Heeled and Ballycasey. 3 dodgy stayers may be a quick way to the poor house, but I will live and learn!!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 11, 2015 12:00 PM BST
Nichols Canyon
Zarkandar
Wonderful Charm
Report Santry April 11, 2015 12:14 PM BST
Tell the King-In that case the results will tell if its great minds thinking alike or not. If 2 or possible 3 win i'll be happy. I think Buywise is a possible Grade 1 horse running in handicaps either through a lack of ambition or just incompetance by the trainer and the use of average jockeys doesn't help. Maybe today is the day though.
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 12:58 PM BST
I believe Little King Robin is worthy of support at a massive price in the hcp hurdle. 50 on here is very big.

Its hard to put a rating on her, but 146 could just be lenient. She went off 7-4 fav the last day when Analifet was a 5-1 shot, and she was giving the Mullins mare 5lb.

Its far from bullet proof, but Analifet ran a cracker in the County off 143. LKR runs off 146 here, and though she was disappointing, and well beaten in that race, the market perception that day would suggest she is better than a 146 horse. Aintree's tight turns could suit her down to the ground, and at 50-1 I don't have to pay much to find out.
Report workrider April 11, 2015 12:59 PM BST
OK lads a few littlenibbles today .....
Days of Heaven....Nickys starting to fire ,more to come from this lad ...Art Mauresque ...French horse , improver from a yard in top form...
Wonderful Charm ...Dropping in class and apart from Buywise nothing to beat...
Zarkandar ..Was going best of all at Cheltenham till coming to a standstill late on , did remarkably well to finish so close .....
Finally a few darts in the National .......
Ballycasey , have to followthis fella over a cliff ,Willie loves him..
Rebel Rebellion ...Backe him last time andhe showed a good attitude ..
Moonbeg Dude , he ran well enough last year to suggest he might get involved now , plus theres always a story attached to the National and
the Grandfather won this race on OxO many moons ago ...
Saint Are , I liked the way this lad jumped up at Catterick last time..
Good luck all punters...
Report newapproach April 11, 2015 1:25 PM BST
I think the first race will be the last ever mccoy, walsh battle down the stretch. One to savour, I think parlour games might edge it, hopefully be a cracker.

Buywise has an obvious chance if his jumping holds up, but i like your busy against him e/w. Won kerry national on good ground, and nice prep over hurdles last time @ cork. Got 11/1, nice e/w price
Report Ozymandius April 11, 2015 1:38 PM BST
GTFI Ruby!

Well done to collective wisdom of callit, TTK, Premeir & Santry.
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 1:40 PM BST
That hosed up. Settled very well, jumped superbly.
Report norn iron April 11, 2015 1:44 PM BST
COLE HARDEN MY BISMARK 

UN  TEMPS   POUR TOUT EW

BALTIMORE  ROCK  EW

GODS OWN

LORD WINDERMERE/IST LIETENTANT

WHISTLE DIXIE  EW

KAYF BLANCO  NAP 450 CHEPS
Report Ozymandius April 11, 2015 1:53 PM BST
AP is almost as miserable a character as Pa Lapsy.

Cheer up, man!
Report Ozymandius April 11, 2015 1:54 PM BST
Smile, enjoy the day.......jeez he is like a wet week.
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 1:57 PM BST
Legend.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 11, 2015 2:10 PM BST
God's Own really is some goat, did they test him after that performance in the Arkle?? Laugh
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 2:11 PM BST
Didn't look to be putting it all in there today.
Report TellTheKing April 11, 2015 2:32 PM BST
Was running behind the bridle the whole way which was the worry around the sharper track. In fairness to the jock, Paddy Brennan was flinging him at fences which kept him in with a chance up the straight.

Only realised after posting earlier that STD is riding Zarkandar. Took it as a given that Fehily was riding when looking at the race. No bet now. Horse is much better suited to Fehily's patient style.
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 2:49 PM BST
I only realised the same myself TTK. But I had bet made.

Why is Noel not on board? That is his main retainer, no?
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 2:50 PM BST
He was riding Zark rather than Frys ROR in WH before that one pulled out, so no idea why not on board here. Big drawback IMO.
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 2:51 PM BST
Blue Fashion may be the one to fill the placings.
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 2:59 PM BST
Very flat run from Zarkandar. Inspector Gadget wouldn't have won on him today.
Report TellTheKing April 11, 2015 3:02 PM BST
Never really went a yard is right. As regards the jockeys, I have no idea why Fehily wasn't riding. I had thought this arrangement covered all the owners horses and not just Silviniaco Conti. Seems a bit strange unless Nicholls made the call.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 11, 2015 3:34 PM BST
Sad  unfortunately STD is about as useful as one - however i did know that pre race so my fault

(you can put that one down wildman about em slagging a jockey)
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 3:38 PM BST
Unlucky there newapproach. Thought he was going to nail him for a few strides.
Report newapproach April 11, 2015 3:45 PM BST
Thought the same callit for a stride or two but winner was going a way a bit in the end. Great finish for the neutral
Report callitasucit April 11, 2015 4:07 PM BST
Yeah, cracking finish alright. Backed Duke in the race last year, was a similar story.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com