Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
crispyman
30 Mar 15 17:36
| Topic/replies: 483 | Blogger: crispyman's blog
After a while out of the boozers, on my return I noticed that a couple of the local bars have the big early price screen and the barman just rings the bets up for us.

Is this commonplace in all gambling pubs in Ireland and with every big bookie? Be nice to have a pint or a feed while gambling sociably instead of in the bookies.
Pause Switch to Standard View Pubs now have bookie price screens...
Show More
Report applehunter March 31, 2015 12:58 PM BST
Sad existence.

Pub to bookies to pub to bookies..........
Report Ozymandius March 31, 2015 1:09 PM BST
..to Brothel (if successful in Bookies)  ..if not ..back to Pub.

A non-virtuous cycle of Addictions!
Report frank60 March 31, 2015 2:04 PM BST
ITS no coincidence that pubs and bookies are usually next door Neighbors, and where there is no bookie close by i have know barmen to be the bookie, no names mentioned of course.Whoops
Report padlock March 31, 2015 2:12 PM BST
Worrying social betting thing,pubs and bookies win,we all know who loses ,i dont want to see 40inch screens with betting on when trying to relax with a jar ,what next ffs ,pub employing runners
Report freddiek March 31, 2015 2:17 PM BST
had a pint in a pub in Dublin recently that doesn't have a TV at all. I didn't know that before i went in, but it made for a pleasant change from wall-to-wall SKY.

i'm not a fan of these bookies' price screens in pubs.
Report padlock March 31, 2015 2:29 PM BST
End up like the australians with all  under one roof
Report Kelly March 31, 2015 3:34 PM BST
Yes padlock , I found it strange to be sitting in a restaurant in Margaret River and one of the party nipping back and forward to the TAB counter .  Mind you the same person used to own an hotel which incorporated a TAB shop .

Found the tracks in OZ to be open air betting shops essentially , but they have the weather for that .
Report padlock March 31, 2015 4:19 PM BST
Not to be envied imo ,seemed to have a culture of loaning money until payday ,all to throw away on the pokies ot the tab with a few scooners
Report Send.in.the.clowns March 31, 2015 4:39 PM BST
Traditional to get steamed and do the hoop, these naysayers trying to dismiss the culture
Report crispyman March 31, 2015 10:28 PM BST
Nobody has mentioned if they have encountered another pub with these big price screens in it?
Possibly there's only a couple in my area or is it nationwide?
Report kavvie March 31, 2015 10:36 PM BST
all over the place   3 in ennistymon..2 in lahinch  3 in  miltown malbay   id say at least 4 in ennis
Report freddiek March 31, 2015 10:43 PM BST
there's a bar in dundalk which connects with the bookies a few doors up the street through a door from the rear smoking area. u can have a bet and be back to your pint without having to go out into the street. very handy
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2015 10:48 PM BST
Bit surprised with this,they might get a few in the door but you would think they are shooting themselves in the foot ultimately as more often then not less to spend on gatt, i suppose it is "dead" daytime.
I'd be more in line with Freddiek,they are a distraction(tellies) and don't get me started with the a$$holes fecking about with de mobile.
Report kavvie March 31, 2015 10:50 PM BST
im surprised at a few of the publicans really..
Report padlock March 31, 2015 10:54 PM BST
I seen one in wexford main street
Report kd109 April 2, 2015 10:53 AM BST
Freddiek that bar and bookies owned by same person. It's handy alright with SIS screens in smoking area.
Report peckerdunne April 2, 2015 2:29 PM BST
Oz, i thought you said your education was suffiently excellent for us mere mortals to be honoured by your prescence and knowledge, but still it does not prevent you from preying on the weak in order to fulfill your dirty little desires.
Report Ozymandius April 2, 2015 3:15 PM BST
Sorry if I make you feel inferior, Pecker, though in your case i would say its a fairly accurate diagnosis.  Certainly more accurate than you Ladbrokes insights Cool

One only frequents the highest quality of Brothel, enthusiastic, talented, great-looking girls having a great time and being highly rewarded.  Though frankly, these days one prefers the more exclusive Sugar Daddy arrangement.
Report peckerdunne April 2, 2015 3:19 PM BST
It just shows you up for what you are.

All brass and no knickers.

That sterling education could not gift you moral fibre or backbone.
Report Ozymandius April 2, 2015 3:34 PM BST
Chill, Pecker, its only sex after all.  No big deal.

Partay on, Pecker!
Report workrider April 2, 2015 4:26 PM BST
The girls are no doubt men dressed up ,Norma prefers the backdoor enterence as we know ,remember his little outburst recently when one of the main forum lads took him to task , his discrition of his sexual behaviour left nothing to the imagination , even Elton would have cringed ....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com