Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
16 Feb 15 23:28
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
To get you in the mood have a listen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LenAIw95L-s
Pause Switch to Standard View ((((( GOLF ))))) Hero INDIAN /...
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 17, 2015 12:44 AM GMT
The 51st INDIAN OPEN is India’s premier tournament and for the first time a European Tour event.

Delhi Golf Club, hosts three Asian Tour events per year and 10 of the last 12 Indian Opens, home of the SAIL Open since 2010 and also hosted the last four Panasonic Opens 2011-2014.

Previous Winners at Delhi Golf Club...

2014 Panasonic Open: 276 S.S.P. Chowrasia
2014 SAIL Open: 279 Rashid Khan
2013 Indian Open: 275 Siddikur Rahman
2013 Panasonic Open: 279 Wade Ormsby
2013 SAIL Open: 273 Anirban Lahiri
2012 Panasonic Open: 277 Digvijay Singh
2012 SAIL Open: 274 Anirban Lahiri
2011 Indian Open: 268 David Gleeson
2011 Panasonic Open: 275 Anirban Lahiri
2011 SAIL Open: 272 Kiradech Aphibarnrat
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 17, 2015 12:45 AM GMT
http://heroindianopen.com/
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 17, 2015 1:04 AM GMT
Prom Meesawat 33's
LAST CHANCE for fungi to make a splash (Indian curries may also help)
T25 & T31 not good enough in the last few weeks but in 13 appearances to Delhi GC, this 'burly Thai' was second in the 2012 SAIL Open, third in the 2005 Indian Open and fourth in the 2011 Panasonic Open.

Richard T Lee 50's
Hot 24yo Canadian (teed it up in the 2007 U.S. Open, aged 16) won on the Asian Tour last year (Solaire Open in the Philippines) and coming off two T5 in the last two weeks. Course form too with a T8 in the 2013 Panasonic Open.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 17, 2015 1:06 AM GMT
Miguel Angel too low at 10's for a first time visitor. (famous last words)
Report applehunter February 17, 2015 2:00 AM GMT
Re : Miguel. Not a price that appeals to me anyway.

Surely geared towards an Aussie/Asian winner again.

Jyoti Randhawa is one that looked overpriced to me.

After last weeks blip in quality its another steller field on PGA Tour on a great golf course.

4 players caught my eye.

Bill Haas
Charl Schwartzel
Harris English
Hideki Matsuyama

All around the 33/1 - 40/1 range and look fairly priced considering course form & recent form.

Top 4 in betting all look underpriced. All bar Jimmy Walker have missed the cut in the last 4 years.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 17, 2015 11:32 AM GMT
ANY Webb Simpson,, Graham Delaet or Brendon Todd fans should throw a few shekels on with Paddy POOR - with 6 PLACES in the US golf.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 17, 2015 11:35 AM GMT
THIS discussion came up before, as to which is the better preference...

5 places at higher odds    v      6 places at lesser odds ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 17, 2015 12:47 PM GMT
Davis Love III will be announced on Tuesday as the captain for the United States squad at the 2016 Ryder Cup, according to Golf Channel's Tim Rosaforte.

Love III garnered our attention this morning as a late entry into the Northern Trust Open, so perhaps that decision was prompted by today's news.

His attendance at Riviera Country Club will give him a platform to accept the nomination and answer questions.
DL3 was the captain at Medinah in 2012 when Europe stormed back from a 10-6 deficit in Sunday singles.

He's extremely well connected and respected, not to mention still an active competitor on the PGA TOUR as a Life Member.
The 2016 Ryder Cup will be contested at Hazeltine National Golf Club in Minnesota on Sept. 30-Oct. 2.
Report huddys February 17, 2015 7:07 PM GMT
Hopefully this week will be better than last week,il start of in America were im going for three against the field,
First selection is Bubba Watson,been playing some very solid golf recently,will come here full of confidence,won here last year after a super last two rounds were he shot 64-64,
Second selection is Jordan Spieth,finished 11th here last year,had his chances last week,only for his putting let him down on the par fives,
Third selection is Matt Jones,who had a great week last week,up there til the last few holes on the back nine,when I seen the 150/1 been offered I was very surprised,

Now in Europe we have a very poor event in the Indian Open,decided to throw a few quid on the ever green Jimenez,he looks a solid selection selection against alot of dead wood,

Selections
Spieth 12/1 win
Bubba 12/1 win,
Matt Jones e/w 150/1

Europe,
Jimenez win 10/1.
Done all my win selections with Boyles were you get your money back if you finished second or third,
Also done e/w doubles Jimenez permed up with Bubba and Spieth,
Report callitasucit February 17, 2015 7:40 PM GMT
If last weeks 'European' fare was poor, this weeks is absolute tripe. I couldn't be bothered studying it, as I would have even less interest in watching it.

The Northern Trust Open is usually a very entertaining event, played on one of the best courses on Tour.

Though one would imagine that the cream should rise to the top here, I cant bring myself to entertain the 3 at the head of the market, as all have slight question marks over them. Bubba though defending champion, showed little here prior to that, and is yet to prove conclusively it suits as well as some other venues. Dustin is still lacking the touch with the putter, and hype for what he might do now 'clean' seems to be keeping his price lower than it should really be. Jordan Spieth was close to a bet, but I was hoping for 16s, and missed the 14s. With last week again suggesting he is fighting his putter on the Poa Annua greens, it might be best to hold fire on him for another week. He will be winning soon though.

I prefer to back a few others at big prices, all who bring strong claims of their own.

Harris English struggled for a period last year, but after arriving with a bang and a couple of wins, a cooling off period was always to be expected. But he showed in the Farmers that his Sony Open effort would be no flash in the pan this year. Yes he was disappointing over the weekend, but he had not really been in with a real sniff of winning for a while, and he will be more ready I feel this time. He got better with each passing round here last year, and scraped into the top 10. 40-1 was well worth backing.

Charl Scwhartzel is someone I will only entertain when he is a big enough price to allow for his propensity to sh1t himself. At 40-1, that opportunity is afforded this week. Battling with swing changes for a while, they failed him under pressure in his native Open at the start of the year. But to his credit he emerged form that to put in a very decent performance in Abu Dhabi. Two appearances here suggest he has what it takes to certainly go close this week, and he will be fresher than most here.

A player I expect to notch another win this year is Brendon Todd. Last years Byron Nelson victor, always produces his best golf on tougher layouts. Indeed nearly all his prominent showings last year, came when the winning score was akin to his 14 under total in the Byron, or tougher. That will be what he faces this week. Two previous visits here should now leave him equipped to challenge this time around. His flying finish last Sunday will send him here in confident mood.

The 4-1 on offer for him to attain a Top 20 finish is my idea of the bet of the week.

Mark Leishman is another who excels on tougher terrains. He finds greens in regulation for sport, whilst others will struggle. Infuriating at times with the flat stick, he will go close if having an average week on the greens.

Its been quite a feature of late of players who have thrown away a gilt edged winning opportunity to come out and prevail on their next start. This week offers Bernd Wiesberger that chance, and though it is his first visit here, he has the tools to tame it. A player who seems to thrive in the bigger events, he looks made for life on the PGA Tour, and could announce himself in a big way this week.

Another who may figure and is certainly a backable price is KJ Choi. He hasn't been in great form for a while now, but can still pop up in certain tournaments, and this is usually one of them. In now worse form than he was when half the price here last year, he can again show his liking for this superb layout.

Jim Furyk was tempting, as though he again folded under the cosh on Sunday, 33-1 does seem a shade big on a player who is obviously in top form. His course record was off putting enough to leave him out.

.85pt e.w Harris English 40-1
.75pt e.w Charl Scwhartzel 40-1
.5pt e.w Bernd Wiesberger 60-1(6 places)
.5pt e.w Brendon Todd 70-1 (6 places)
.4pt e.w Marc Leishman 80-1
.3pt e.w KJ Choi 125-1

5pts Todd Top 20 4-1(cracking bet!!)

Best of Luck all.

Total Staked Week 6:   37.8pts
Total Returned Week 6: 7.8pts
Total Staked:          262.6pts
Total Returned:        296.3pts
Running Total.........+33.7pts
R.O.I.................+12.8%
Report newapproach February 17, 2015 9:03 PM GMT
5 e/w picks for me @ Riviera:

Jimmy Walker 20/1
Has already won impressively this year and his game seems in top form. Last week was disappoiting on the face of it but it may have been the pressure of defending title @ Pebble Beach

Harris English 33/1
In poor form last year due to a cold putter but is back @ the top of his game this year with 3 top 5 finishes already. Has the length to excel here as shown by T10 last year

J.B. Holmes 40/1
Another man whose length off the tee will be a big advantage. In great form atm losing in a play off @ Farmers and has played well here before his injury/illness problems a few years ago

Sang Moon Bae 66/1
Great form @ the beginning of the season inc win @ Frys open but form has tapered off since then. Will hope that a return to this venue might lead to a return to form and confidence

Spencer Levin 150/1
Might not have the length to win here but over generous odds make up for that in the hope of finishing in the top 6. Playing well last 2 weeks and california native will want to finish the west coast swing @ a venue where he played well in 2011with a strong performance.

Best of luck lads, another cracker to look forward to hopefully.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 17, 2015 10:59 PM GMT
A WARM WELCOME to HOGAN’s ALLEY.

Yes it’s Riviera Country Club, Pacific Palisades within the city limits of Los Angeles in sunny southern California. (Think Pacific Coast highway north out past Santa Monica on your way to Malibu).

Home to the Northern Trust Open since ‘73.
Ben Hogan won here three times in 18 months, including the 1948 U.S. Open, hence “Hogan’s Alley”.

A Par 71 (35-36) of  7,349 yds as per the scorecard here in my hand, this Open began in 1926 and Riviera has been the proud host of a U.S. Open won by Ben Hogan in 1948 plus two PGA Championships and the 1998 Senior U.S. Open and so is one the more demanding stops on TOUR. Over the last five years, Riviera has checked in at 20th, 10th, seventh, 13th and 24th-most difficult.

Faster and smallish greens than last week slow 10’s - the Stimp is 12’ this week on the creeping Bentgrass and Poa annua greens. Doglegged fairways are protected by quite gnarly Kikuyu grass rough. There are 60 bunkers out there with no water on this 1926 design (redesigned by Fazio in ‘08).
Riviera stands the test of time because there are multiple ways to make hay. Short game experts that can navigate the slick greens and gnarly rough can contend with the bombers who can smash it over the doglegs.
Shot-shapers that play from the middle of the fairway will have the advantage of hitting the proper spots on the greens.
Even the putters will be happy to see some pep back into the greens.

There are risk-reward holes; there is a hole with a bunker directly in the middle of it; there is a drivable par four and an easy par five.
It never rains in southern California... it pours, just not this week. Perfect golfing weather at 20* and sunny (no early fog we hope).

In 2014 Bubba Watson shot 269 to win.
Champion: Bubba Watson fired 64-64 on the weekend to defeat Dustin Johnson by two shots ending his 2 year winless drought. Bubba Watson led the field in driving distance and was third in GIR last year. Dustin Johnson was second so that reaffirms ball-striking should be under scrutiny this week.

Kelly • February 16, 2014 11:24 PM GMT
Played much more controlled golf to win with 64 ,64 over the weekend . Impressive .

toberaheena • February 17, 2014 2:28 PM GMT
I have a little doubt over Dustin Johnson and his decision to try and blow the cover off the golf ball on his 17th tee shot. His normal bullet would have been plenty to get up there for a birdie. Lost control through forcing the shot. An amateurish mistake but at least he has shown a hunger for the win. Speith disappointed me again on a Sunday. Does he need a sports psychologist for a few weeks. I think maybe he does. And a 2 week break.

Mighty Whites 2008 • February 17, 2014 3:21 PM GMT
Bubba played very well over the weekend and crucially got the breaks at the right times. He holed a bunker shot, got lucky with a couple of wayward drive. On 13 he hit an awful approach and could so easily have been behind the tree yet scrambled a great par. On 14 he was sailing into the grandstand but bounced back on to the fringe and at 15 he was lucky he could reach the green from the bunker. That said he holed out much better than when recently in contention.

Dustin was again very impressive on sunday. Back to back weeks he has come up just short but added to his win at the WGC he looks to be becoming a very consistent performer. Personally I think he is the most likely 20 something American to go on and establish himself at the very top.

With Spieth i think too much is being expected too soon. The kid is 20 and up at the top of the board most weeks. Amazingly he has top ten finshes in a third of his events.

These have previous...
2013: John Merrick 273* Won in a playoff * (first-time TOUR winner)
2012: Bill Haas 277* Won in a playoff *
2011: Aaron Baddeley 272
2010: Steve Stricker 268
2009: Phil Mickelson 269
2008: Phil Mickelson 272
2007: Charles Howell III  268
2006: Rory Sabbatini 271
2005: Adam Scott 133
2004: Mike Weir 267
2003: Mike Weir 275
2002: Len Mattiace 269 (first-time TOUR winner)
2001: Robert Allenby 276 won in a playoff *
2000: Kirk Triplett 272 (first-time TOUR winner).

Some useless stats.....
In the last three years, no rookie has finished better than T21.

Only four players outside of Smith in the inaugural event in 1926 have won in their first trip around Riviera.
The last was Adam Scott in 2005 but that event was called due to weather after 36 holes (non-official win).
Pat Fitzsimons (1975) was the last maiden to win before Scott.

Five of the last 12 winners here have been left handed as Watson joined Phil Mickelson and Mike Weir as champions.
Since 2000, Mike Weir and Phil Mickelson are the only players to defend their titles, shown above.

Here’s the list of all of the defenders:
Macdonald Smith, 1928-29
Ben Hogan, 1947-48
Paul Harney, 1964-65
Arnold Palmer, 1966-67
Corey Pavin, 1994-95
Mike Weir, 2003-04
Phil Mickelson, 2008-09
BUBBA 2014-???
Report applehunter February 18, 2015 12:08 AM GMT
You can't beat a nice Jalfrezi.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 18, 2015 1:20 AM GMT
Don't forget the NAN bread
Report applehunter February 18, 2015 1:31 AM GMT
Like the the peshwari nan myself.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 18, 2015 1:35 AM GMT
This event concludes the West Coast Swing and as THIS IS HOLLYWOOD, let’s make believe...

It’s a home game for the “new” Dustin Johnson but too short at 12’s.
He knocked off the rust at Torrey and gobbled up Pebble last week to finish T4 in his second start back from a six-month hiatus,
DJ has been feast-or-famine recently at Riviera, with four T10s (incl. three T5’s) in his last six (two other MC) including solo second last year since 2009.
The LA “homecoming” will have him surrounded with tight friends and family who helped him through his six months on the side line.
He mentioned after Pebble that he’ll be excited to be home with his lady and new baby and believe this will be a huge positive.
Johnson is a fantastic ball-striker that can overpower this layout and having his support staff on site can’t possibly hurt.

Bubba Watson No. 3 on the Official World Golf Rankings (OWGR) has proven in the last year that his game travels and that he can win on tracks of all styles.
The defending champ won another green jacket and picked up WGC title all in nine months in 2014.
He also added a solo third at Memorial and a solo second at Cherry Hills.
His two starts of 2015 saw him collect T10 at HTOC and T2 in Phoenix.
He’s only four of eight on this track but we should buy into the “new” Bubba and expect a spirited defence this week.
Too short for me at 12’s.

After MC here in 2012 as an amateur, Jordan Spieth (also too short at 12’s) returned with his Texas Longhorn teammates to win the NCAA Championship in match play over Alabama. Spieth defeated Justin Thomas (yes, that one) 3 & 2 to help the ‘Horns win.
He returned as a pro last season and opened with one-over 72.
In typical Spiethless fashion he rallied to play the final three rounds nine-under and finish T12 including rounds of 66 and 67.
He tied for seventh last week at Pebble, including four rounds of 68 or better, and is 11th on Tour in strokes gained tee-to-green.
(every time he’s missed a cut he’s followed it the next time out with a top 15-ish finish).

Jimmy Walker at 18’s I'm in finished T21 in defence of his Pebble Beach title, ending a run of three straight top-10 finishes.
He said more than once that Riviera is his favourite track on TOUR and his recent results hardly refute that, having cracked the top 20 each of the last four years in L.A., including T4 finishes in both 2011 and 2012.
In his last six events, he’s played the weekend in all six and has posted 20 of 24 rounds par or better.
Walker’s two biggest strengths are GIR (from anywhere on the planet Hollywood) and his ability to hole putt after putt.
His last four here have racked up T4, T4, T16 and T20.
Walker’s course history is very solid and his recent play will have him longing for a top finish again this week.

Of the first six PGA winners of this calendar year only Brandt Snedeker (Grabbed that 25’s and 30’s on here tks) was ranked outside of the top 40 in OWGR and the US has won 10 of the first 13 events.
Team Sneds jumped from No. 63 to No. 31. That’s more like it from the 2012 FedEx Cup champion.
Sneds, last week’s champ at Pebble continues his excellent play on the California coast.
He made ONE bogey last week. Yes, uno.
For the second week in a row he was lighting up GIR and he’ll need that to continue unless he wants to test his fantastic short game.
With the majors and WGC events locked in for the rest of the year it wouldn’t surprise me to see him battling on Sunday for win No. 8.
Expect to see Mark Horton and Butch with him on the range and Scott Vail of course. This is going to be a HUGE YEAR for the Sneds team !

Singles ew here (and cross dbls ew with my two in India) done.

These write-ups always looks great on paper the Wednesday morning before.....

© CM iyc Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 18, 2015 1:40 AM GMT
Huddys,

Matt Jones back-pedalled to a 1-over-par 36-37=73 final round last week, this after a 6-under-par 34-31=65 (seven birdies and a lone bogey) in his lowest opening round for a year at Monterey Peninsula CC. Folly dat and he did, with a 6-under-par 32-34=66 at Spyglass Hill (brutal) !
He hit 12 greens in reg first two days but ranked outside the top 50 in fairways hit and outside the top 70 in GIR, but T1 in birdies with 15 and the clubhouse lead. Another fine 5-under at Pebble on Saturday put him one off the lead at -17 !
He posted 16-under 271 to finish with a three-way share of 7th, only six strokes behind the tournament record winner and his first top-10 finish since that win.

As this was his first time back in the hunt in almost year, it maybe he's on an upward curve 'but he has previous'.
The Aussie has sputtered since he won the 2014 Shell Houston Open but with an eye on seven consecutive cuts this week. (Last six finishes 52, 11, 70, 41, 59,7th)
He's 2-for-2 with a T59 (67,73,70,75) here last year. Needs to hit those fairways this week if he is to feature, never mind win.
Just when you think he's going to break out...Gone California Dreamin'...nite nite.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 18, 2015 5:37 PM GMT
3balls in INDIA......hope no wan gets tire d and nixes up yser mames to nite.

01:40        Gareth Maybin (15/8)        Andrea Pavan (2)        Carlos Del Moral (21/10)   
    01:40        Andrea Pavan (6/4)        Gareth Maybin (6/4)        Victor Riu (5/2)   
    01:50        Alessandro Tadini (7/4)        Max Orrin (7/4)        Lasse Jensen (2)   
    01:50        Thanyakorn Khrongpha (11/8)        Mithun Perera (2)        Shankar Das (9/4)   
    02:00        Jorge Campillo (7/4)        Gaganjeet Bhullar (15/8)        Mardan Mamat (9/4)   
    02:00        Jason Scrivener (6/4)        Jake Higginbottom (13/8)        Tom Murray (18/5)   
    02:10        Carlos Pigem (6/4)        Matthew Fitzpatrick (6/4)        Adam Groom (16/5)   
    02:10        Shiv Kapur (5/4)        Jbe Kruger (21/10)        Richard Finch (10/3)   
    02:20        Arjun Atwal (13/8)        Thaworn Wiratchant (2)        Jeev Mikha Singh (9/4)   
    02:30        Romain Wattel (7/4)        S S P Chawrasia (15/8)        Richard T Lee (27/10)   
    02:40        Adrian Otaegui (6/5)        John Hahn (5/4)        Khalin H Joshi (9/2)   
    02:50        Rahil Gangjee (6/4)        Mark Tullo (15/8)        Steve Lewton (21/10)   
    06:20        Marcus Fraser (11/8)        Jyoti Randhawa (7/4)        Angelo Que (14/5)   
    06:30        Soren Kjeldsen (7/4)        Chapchai Nirat (19/10)        Shamim Khan (9/4)   
    06:30        Terry Pilkadaris (6/4)        Javi Colomo (13/8)        Chris Lloyd (5/2)   
    06:40        Peter Lawrie (7/4)        Berry Henson (19/10)        Danny Chia (9/4)   
    06:40        Rashid Khan (13/8)        Prayad Marksaeng (7/4)        Damien McGrane (5/2)   
    06:50        Anirban Lahiri (6/4)        Miguel Angel Jimenez (9/5)        Scott Hend (11/4)   
    07:00        Paul Peterson (5/6)        Mukesh Kumar (11/4)        Jerome Lando Casanova (3)   
    07:00        Wade Ormsby (6/4)        Prom Meesawat (17/10)        Daniel Chopra (3)   
    07:10        Siddikur Rahman (1)        Matthew Nixon (2)        Muniyappa (5)   
    07:20        Anthony Wall (11/8)        Masahiro Kawamura (21/10)        Digvijay Singh (4)   
    07:30        Jeunghun Wang (19/20)        Sam Walker (14/5)        Jason Palmer (16/5)   
Report applehunter February 18, 2015 6:59 PM GMT
Shiv Kapur with chicken is lovely with Pilau rice and a tiger beer.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 18, 2015 8:27 PM GMT
Some interesting strong pairings

14:40        Brendan Steele (11/8)        Charlie Beljan (11/8)        Jim Renner (9/2)   
    14:50        Graham Delaet (13/8)        Justin Thomas (13/8)        Aaron Baddeley (5/2)   
    15:01        Kevin Chappell (6/4)        John Peterson (2)        Andres Gonzales (9/4)   
    15:01        Bernd Wiesberger (13/10)        Pat Perez (17/10)        Ricky Barnes (7/2)   
    15:11        Scott Piercy (11/8)        Scott Brown (12/5)        Stuart Appleby (5/2)   
    15:22        Gary Woodland (6/4)        John Senden (11/5)        K J Choi (11/5)   
    15:22        Jordan Spieth (5/4)        Sergio Garcia (13/8)        Fred Couples (7/2)   
    15:32        Charl Schwartzel (11/8)        Brendon Todd (13/8)        Geoff Ogilvy (3)   
    15:32        Jimmy Walker (6/4)        Hideki Matasuyama (2)        Harris English (9/4)   
    15:43        Nick Watney (6/4)        Scott Stallings (9/4)        Ben Martin (5/2)   
    15:43        J B Holmes (5/4)        Sang-Moon Bae (8/5)        Justin Leonard (9/2)   
    15:53        Robert Streb (6/4)        Charley Hoffman (13/8)        Davis Love (7/2)   
    15:53        Luke Donald (5/4)        Nick Taylor (13/5)        D A Points (11/4)   
    16:14        Paul Casey (6/4)        Andrew Svoboda (15/8)        Justin Hicks (12/5)   
    19:20        Francesco Molinari (6/4)        Shawn Stefani (15/8)        Colt Knost (11/4)   
    19:30        Zac Blair (6/4)        Padraig Harrington (2)        Jason Gore (12/5)   
    19:41        Bryce Molder (7/4)        Morgan Hoffman (2)        John Huh (11/5)   
    19:51        Kevin Streelman (28/17)        Angel Cabrera (2)        Camilo Villegas (9/4)   
    20:02        Bubba Watson (13/8)        Dustin Johnson (7/4)        Bill Haas (13/5)   
    20:02        Webb Simpson (13/8)        Ryan Moore (15/8)        Charles Howell (2)   
    20:12        Brandt Snedeker (13/8)        Jim Furyk (13/8)        Ernie Els (7/2)   
    20:12        Keegan Bradley (7/4)        Hunter Mahan (15/8)        Russell Henley (9/4)   
    20:44        Kevin Na (6/4)        George McNeill (15/8)        Scott Langley (5/2)   
    20:54        Marc Leishman (11/8)        Spencer Levin (2)        Carl Pettersson (13/5)   

Like Holmes/Sneds/Bradley treble for a few Shekel.

Brandt Snedeker withdrew from today's pro-am for the Northern Trust Open due to "flu-like symptoms," according to PGA TOUR Media on Twitter.

While he was quick to confirm that he was going to honour his commitment to the tournament after winning at Pebble Beach, an illness might serve as a tipping point to change his mind.
Snedeker is scheduled to go off the first tee at 12:12 p.m. (20.12 Orish Time) in Thursday's opening round, but punters investing in the angle that he can now play freely are going to be tempted to lay off given today's news.
The counterargument to that philosophy is that he played very well while chasing a berth into the Masters, so with that goal achieved, his motivation to keep the pedal down may have waned. Devil
Report anfeild February 18, 2015 9:06 PM GMT
J B Holmes 33/1
C Began    60/1
A Prugh    100/1
Report padlock February 18, 2015 9:52 PM GMT
Simpson
Ishikawa again Laugh
Stallings
Henley
Tried few in India also just to have an interest
Report tyronesam February 18, 2015 10:21 PM GMT
My four against the field.  Dustin Johnson
Charlie Beljan
William mc girt
Matt EVery
Report frank60 February 19, 2015 1:00 PM GMT
Callit  Brenden Todd is a high as 100/1 here, i backed him once more hopeing that this will his day, 20/1 here  for a top 5 finish, i will wait to back a few more in running . good luck
Report callitasucit February 19, 2015 1:53 PM GMT
Very big price. You too Frank.
Report callitasucit February 19, 2015 2:29 PM GMT
Have decided to add Charlie Beljan to the outright selections. 70-1 on a player who arrives here at the top of this game, and clearly thrives at a venue where course form is a very good guide seems acceptable.

Given that he shared second after round one last year, and what should be the best tee time of the day, he looks worthy of a small tickle for first round leader at 66-1.

At risk over loading the Beljan cart, 11-8 in what is effectively a match in his 3 ball looks decent.

.4pt e.w Charlie Beljan 70-1
.25pt e.w Beljan 66-1 1st round leader
3pts Beljan 3 Ball 11-8
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 19, 2015 2:29 PM GMT
Apple,

Very hard to beat a "Hot 24yo Canadian",  delicate basmati and an ice cold Rolling Rock Devil
Report Distant View February 19, 2015 2:53 PM GMT
Beljan was 750/1 last week and 125/1 earlier this week for this event.

He has a good record here (well excellent!) but I cannot back players like him at anything other than substantial 3 figure odds.

He is a bit like the Brendan Steele price in Phoenix on the back of the Humana and previous solid course form.

Just looks too short to me and his heart trouble when he was winning a few years ago does not help either.

Went for Schwatzel, English and Peterson (also Top 20).

After that ramble, we will see Beljan sitting pretty at the Top later tonight - Unless he narrowly pips English (who I also did FRL) I hope that is the case anyway and I can try and reel you in over the weekend callit!
Report Distant View February 19, 2015 3:06 PM GMT
Steele bogeying the first is a cardinal sin and effectively gives two shots to the field.

One of the easiest par 5s on the Tour and averaged 4.26 last year. A par is a bad score at the hole.
Report callitasucit February 19, 2015 3:30 PM GMT
Plenty making a meal of the 10th as well. I will settle for English going wire to wire. No problem!!
Report Distant View February 19, 2015 3:48 PM GMT
10 is a great hole and one of my favourite in golf.

If you go for it and land in a bunker or the wrong side of the green, you can easily go off the other side with your second shot.

Makes for great viewing.
Report callitasucit February 19, 2015 4:02 PM GMT
It is a great hole alright, a proper short par 4. Maybe slightly later in the round would be ideal though?? Say 16, some carnage on Sundays!

English decided to lay up....then go in the bunker!!
Report Distant View February 19, 2015 4:25 PM GMT
Yes sound course management from him.

It should play difficult all week with the conditions firm and fast.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 19, 2015 6:39 PM GMT
http://www.therivieracountryclub.com/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp

“I am”... I said to A FEW OTHERS who failed to make my better BIGGER bets as.....

L.A.’s fine, and the sun shines most of the time.......
but Charl Schwartzel hasn't won in the U.S. since his breakthrough at the 2011 Masters, although he feels comfortable at Riviera.
T3 in his first time in 2013 (missed 3 birdies on 16th (6ft), 17th (5ft after missed eagle attempt) & on 18th) and fifth last year.
Having grown up playing on Kikuyu grass, he has broken par in each of his eight rounds, including five rounds of 68 or better, he’s 21-under with seven of eight rounds better than 70.
He’s played three times in 2015 and was solo second at the South African Open and T9 at Abu Dhabi but MC last time out. No bet.

And the feeling is ‘laid back’.......
for the Japanese phenom Hideki Matsuyama who has been hit or miss in 2015 with two T3 finishes to go along with a T78 finish at Sony
and a MC his last time out at Farmers.
He may bounce back at Riviera (just birdied the 10th !) where he finished T-23 last year in his debut after four straight rounds of par or better.
He’s second on Tour in ball-striking and this kid has opened 2015 with T3, T78, T2 and MC.
A wee nibble as he still has class.

Palm trees grow and rents are low, but'cha know I keep thinkin’ about makin’ my way back........
as is Spain’s Sergio Garcia, making his first of three consecutive starts here in the U.S. since the Tour Championship,
but he is a familiar face at Riviera.
Garcia, 7th in OWGR has played in this event eight times prior,
recording six top-25 finishes including sixth in 2007and T-4 in 2012, T-13 in 2013 in his two most recent appearances.
Just turned 35 and still in search of that Major. Had a little nibble before he birdied the easy 10th also.

We'll I'm New York City born and raised, but nowadays, I'm lost between two shores.......
as Butch says. Oops, wrong ‘Harman’, meant Brian of course who is four from his last four starts.
Harmon (5 over as we go to press) carded six of eight rounds here under par including all four of 69 or better to finish T3 in 2014.
He spiked here that last year after two previous MC’s so could find something again in LA (but I doubt it so no bet).

“I am” I said, to no one there.......
but Charlie Beljan ! WHO? The Chocolate Waffle who was solo third last week after MC-T66-MC to begin 2015.
He lost in a playoff here to Merrick in 2013 and was T12 last year after he closed with 73.
That’s his only round of eight lifetime over par here.
The Beljan Waffle (just touched 250 for my euro on here) has finished P2 and T12 in his last two at Riviera.
“I don’t like to eat“ he said so don’t expect him in the Green Room Restaurant beside that iconic (easy so far) 10th Hole.

L.A.'s fine but it ain’t home, New York's home but it ain’t mine no more.......
for Keegan Bradley who plays “my favourite event/course of the year”.
Slow out of the gates in 2015, but his track record at Riviera suggests he may contend this weekend.
Bradley begun 2015 T48, T17 and T41 so current form isn’t where he’s hot
but has T20 finishes here in each of the last four years including a three-man playoff loss in 2012.
T16 in 2013 and T20 last year carding bookend rounds of 68 and has been over par in only one of his last 12 trips around Riviera.
€5 at 46 as he hasn’t won since 2013 !!!

“I am” I said, to no one there.......
but Vaughn Taylor, who last week hit the top 10.
He’s played four times this season on two tours and his worst finish is T20. And no one heard at all, not even the chair, yet he’s a lively outsider.

“I am” I cried, “I am” said I.......
and William McGirt was the 54-hole leader here last year at 12-under through three rounds but fired 73 on Sunday
as he watched the Watson freight train roll him over.
MC’s in all his previous trips around Riviera but was T30 in Phoenix and closed 66-68 last week at Pebble.

Here’s something more powerful than these above.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wYpVy9W29M
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 19, 2015 7:17 PM GMT
Did you ever read about a frog who dreamed of bein’ a king?
And then became one
Well except for the names and a few other changes
If you talk about me, the stories the same one.......
So a toad late on Charl at 93 here, about to tee off.
Report pa lapsy February 19, 2015 7:19 PM GMT
^ Charl +2 thru 14.
Report callitasucit February 19, 2015 7:52 PM GMT
No first round lead, or anything like it, for Beljan. But he landed the 3 ball thankfully.

With the course playing as tough, if not tougher than ever, two players who look worthy of support are Keegan Bradley and Marc Leishman. Leishman very big at 7-4, and Bradley more than acceptable at 7-4.

4pts Marc Leishman 11-8
3pts Keegan Bradley 7-4
Report applehunter February 19, 2015 8:23 PM GMT
Added Bradley to my lineup.

Nice finish from Charl to save the round. 71 is a good score.
Report callitasucit February 19, 2015 9:02 PM GMT
Yeah, Charl started and finished well. Shame about the holes 3-12!!
Report callitasucit February 20, 2015 12:43 AM GMT
Very enjoyable viewing. Proper track.

Pretty impressed with Bubba again. His mind seems so much better at moment. Rory is going to need to be on song to topple him at Augusta. Im tempted to get involved on Bubba this week, as he will be out early in morn, and prob within two by end of play tomorrow. Was kind of hoping he wouldn't win between now and Augusta though, hold the price up. Even at current odds, he is going to be some bet.
Report callitasucit February 20, 2015 11:11 AM GMT
This is still nearly anyones. At 110 on here Harris English catches the eye, and is asking to be topped up.

KJ Choi still under the radar at 180. Messed up the easy par 5, and drivable par 4 yesterday, yet still sits inside the top 20.
Report Distant View February 20, 2015 12:25 PM GMT
That is some round from Grace today.

Surely a 68 like has never been seen before.

Two albatrosses on his card.
Report callitasucit February 20, 2015 12:57 PM GMT
On what site are you seeing his card DV. I cant get it up on Sunshine Tour. Good leaderboard there. Poor round from Coetzee.
Report Distant View February 20, 2015 1:29 PM GMT
It was on the sunshine tour app.

Seems it is wrong though which is not surprising as it was barely believable that he could have two in one round.
Report callitasucit February 20, 2015 1:51 PM GMT
Scores all looked funny. Two 70s were adding up to uneven numbers under par for some players. Most scores suggested par was shot different today. Ya wouldn't want to be betting on what they are telling you.

Did he have any albatross? Any play in it yourself?
Report Distant View February 20, 2015 2:53 PM GMT
It seems he didn't.

I did not get involved in the end. Was going to back Van Zyl but he has not played much (or very well) recently so I left it alone.
Report callitasucit February 20, 2015 6:12 PM GMT
Couldn't resist backing Bubba, got on at 14. No one going too wild at the top today. Be interesting to see if the later starters struggle that bit more, akin to yesterday.

Harris English recovered very well after a slow start yesterday, and he will still fancy his chances of being involved come Sunday. Jimmy Walker seems a half a yard off at the moment, and I would give English just as much chance as Matsuyama in the 3 ball. With bookies making Harris the outsider of 3 at 9-4, he looks worth backing.

2.5pts Harris English 9-4 3 Ball.
Report frank60 February 20, 2015 6:39 PM GMT
Glad to see Brenden todd going well Callit ,i backed him at 100/1 and laid him at 34/1, also a top 5 placeing at 20/1, hope he can keep it up for your top 20 nap.
Report callitasucit February 20, 2015 6:48 PM GMT
Hope he wins!! Feck that laying off craic.....hedges are for gardensWink
Report applehunter February 20, 2015 11:39 PM GMT
Charl hitting it great but not converting those 5 - 10 footers.

Shaping up for a cracking weekend.
Report callitasucit February 21, 2015 12:13 AM GMT
Shoild be a cracker alright. Shame English knocked in a bogey there. 3 ball safe, but he was in a lovely position on 3 under. Bad half hour for Todd.

Bubba looks the man to beat IMO.
Report callitasucit February 21, 2015 12:13 AM GMT
Should...
Report callitasucit February 22, 2015 8:57 AM GMT
Didnt see any of last nights action, but looking at Goosens card he was a shade lucky to get out of it with the lead. If himself and De Laet come back early, any one of 15 or 20 could win this.

Keegan Bradley could be worth a dabble at a massive price.
Report applehunter February 22, 2015 11:13 AM GMT
Playoff in India.
Report applehunter February 22, 2015 11:33 AM GMT
Lahiri wins.

In US.

Goosen birdies 16 when a bogey was more likely. I'll be surprised if he wins.

Course is playing very tough. 12th hole is a monster.

Couldn't call it. Maybe JB Holmes.
Report padlock February 22, 2015 11:49 AM GMT
Goose a bit lucky last night but if he can shoot 70 could be enough although whoever goes low can win , that India last rd was choke heaven
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2015 12:55 PM GMT
HORSES FOR COURSES...

Previous Winners at Delhi Golf Club...

2015 Hero Indian Open 277 Anirban Lahiri
2014 Panasonic Open: 276 S.S.P. Chowrasia
2014 SAIL Open: 279 Rashid Khan
2013 Indian Open: 275 Siddikur Rahman
2013 Panasonic Open: 279 Wade Ormsby
2013 SAIL Open: 273 Anirban Lahiri
2012 Panasonic Open: 277 Digvijay Singh
2012 SAIL Open: 274 Anirban Lahiri
2011 Indian Open: 268 David Gleeson
2011 Panasonic Open: 275 Anirban Lahiri
2011 SAIL Open: 272 Kiradech Aphibarnrat
Report Distant View February 22, 2015 1:58 PM GMT
I know the course was tricky and the wind was up, but that was some of the worst live golf that I have ever watched this morning.
Report huddys February 22, 2015 2:36 PM GMT
Ye it was unreal viewing alright,
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2015 7:05 PM GMT
L.A.’s fine, and the sun shines most of the time, so topped up again - sh8te or bust on 35yo GARCIA !

A familiar face at Riviera, 7th in OWGR and has played in this event eight times prior, recording six top-25 finishes including sixth in 2007and T-4 in 2012, T-13 in 2013 in his two most recent appearances. Major Champ 2015 ?
Report callitasucit February 22, 2015 8:31 PM GMT
The 10th is causing havoc!!
Report easygold February 22, 2015 10:15 PM GMT
No you go ahead, No Mate you go ahead........... No you go ahead............. ???????
Report easygold February 22, 2015 10:55 PM GMT
I know ur playing poor Sergi........... but go ahead........
Report easygold February 22, 2015 11:09 PM GMT
My god .........
Report pa lapsy February 22, 2015 11:34 PM GMT
Great tournament all the same,proper test of golf,i'd have this every week.
Report applehunter February 22, 2015 11:35 PM GMT
Shocking finish from Garcia.
Report applehunter February 23, 2015 12:25 AM GMT
James Hahn with the W in the playoff.

Fantastic stuff.
Report padlock February 23, 2015 9:40 AM GMT
Shocking stuff tbh ,should have cashed out Crazy
Report callitasucit February 23, 2015 12:34 PM GMT
Fully agree with Pa, if every week was that sort of test, It be great.

Everyone that didn't win last night will feel that they should have.

Goose got to 9 under, yet couldn't make a playoff on 6. Dusty had it by the balls and bogeys 17. Sergio....he should be ashamed of himself. Plenty of others looked likely winners and backed out of it. Fair play to Hahn.

Backed Keegan Bradley at 160 yesterday morning, he nearly made the playoff himself. Everyone had their tales of woe, but his bogey on 10, and DB on 12 were the ruin of him.

Brendon Todd produced a solid Sunday performance to bank the top 20, making plenty of 5 and 6ft par putts on the way in. Yet again producing a good display under tough conditions. One to keep in mind for the US Open at a massive price.
Report Clerkmore February 23, 2015 1:54 PM GMT
When Garcia gets near the lead you can smell the diarrhoea from here!
Report kavvie February 23, 2015 2:21 PM GMT
was watching the leader board closely as i had brendon top 20.i thought with 3 to play surely its sergios..then i thought..no..sergio..sh1tter..and he did..amazing for one of his talents hes so weak mentally..
Report frank60 February 23, 2015 3:01 PM GMT
Callit...5pts Todd Top 20 4-1(cracking bet!!)      well done
Report kavvie February 23, 2015 3:03 PM GMT
im a callit fan frank!!
Report workrider February 23, 2015 3:53 PM GMT
Hes the best golf tipster bar none is Callit ...
Report frank60 February 23, 2015 4:05 PM GMT
All the top guns back for the Honda W/R,... maybe another nap from Callit
Report workrider February 23, 2015 4:24 PM GMT
Backed Dustin last night Frank for small money , thought it was a given when he got so near the hole on the par 3 ..That putt was a real gut wrencher ,and you knew Dustin was going to miss ..With them practically giving it to one another it made for compulsive viewing ..Tiger is not been missed ...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 28, 2015 5:05 PM GMT
This is definitely worth a look icymi

http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/video/2015/02/23/james-hahn-news-conf...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com