Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tony57
24 Jan 15 16:01
| Topic/replies: 12,539 | Blogger: tony57's blog
3.15 WINDSOR PARK
a horse I really like this is a cracker of a novice hurdle with decent horses cd form is always a good thing but the 2nd let the form down in the week, but im happy enough to stick with this fella..also would of been with gilgamboa ..but not with McCoy up..no thank you..
Show More
Report callitasucit January 25, 2015 12:59 AM GMT
I find it absolutely amazing how people can have AP riding as a negative. Ruby may have more finesse about him, and he may indeed be the better pilot. Buts its a Ronaldo v Messi argument. You certainly wouldn't give one away, just because you cant get the other.
Report easygold January 25, 2015 1:08 AM GMT
Hi Call, i can see why people dislike him, but I would not have a bet because he is riding a horse I like. After all it`s the horse you like. If i don`t rate a jockey and is riding a horse that i think has a solid chance in a contest I just lower my stakes. But not to have nothing on it because of the rider is odd. But everyone for themselves.

Regards to the Irish Arkle, there is only one winner bar a fall UDS. Surely everyone can see that.
Report callitasucit January 25, 2015 1:11 AM GMT
I think UDS is big price tomorrow. Truly top class race though. Clarcam might end being second in the Arkle, and Gilgamboa may win the JLT. Superb card. Gilgamboa wont be beaten through jockey error.
Report Santry January 25, 2015 8:49 AM GMT
1.10 Uncle Danny the one for me. Take out his last effort and he'd be a short price fav. Maybe the ground was too testing for him that day as he stopped very fast after the 2nd last.Rest of his form suggests this is a good horse.
1.40 Though a small field its a real race with any of the 3 could win. Gilgamboa for me though at the price.
2.45 Hurricane Fly at 1/1 for me. Thought he beat Jezki with a little left both days and will do so again.McCoy seems a negative for me on Jezki.
3.15 No More Heroes though a short price should win.
3.50 Bishops Road doesn't look badly treated in first handicap despite top weight.

Good Luck all.
Report tony57 January 25, 2015 9:49 AM GMT
callit, im sure people thought the same about jezki? my point is walsh has the relashonship with the horse,is riding well, and for that reason I would not take him off for McCoy?..hence my reasoning..but I agree about gilgamboa going up in trip..
Report huddys January 25, 2015 10:03 AM GMT
Gladitor king in the opener worth a good bet,wasnt put into the race last time out,that will be the max bet today,backed the fly at evens aswell,might go off shorter on track,
Report callitasucit January 25, 2015 10:08 AM GMT
I'm sure they do Tony, but I wouldnt agree with them either! People seem to be trying fault with AP just for the sake of it. Build em up, knock em down....it seems to be knockin down time with AP. He gave Jezki the perfetspin the last day. Horse wasnt good enough. If every jockey made as few mistakes as McCoy, there would be far fewer mistakes made. Fact.
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 10:46 AM GMT
SANTRY  THE SAME 5 FOR ME  ALSOHappy

UNCLE DANNY   EYECATCHER  RAN  3RD IN FREE EXPRESSION RACE WINNERS TO COME OUT THE RACE (FREE EXP AGAIN /ON IMPULSE /VENT DE LA COTE/RATHPATRICK/MOUNT CORKISH GIRL /

LAST TIME IMO DAVY LOOKED AFTER THE HORSE ON BAD GROUND LOOKED VERY GOOD HORSE WEN WINNING GOOD PUNCH BUMPER  NO DOUBT GLADIATOR KING THE HORSE TO BEAT

CHAMPAYNE JAMES   NAP JUST BEHIND FINE RIGHTLY WHO WON AT AYR CAN WIN THIS HCAP

BISHOPS ROAD GOT NICE SCHOOL LTO LOOKS WELL HANDICAPPED

NO OFTEN YOU GET RACE WERE YOU WANT BOTH TO WIN DEAD HEAT THE FLY /JETSKI

WINDSOR PARK MY BISMARCK   SORRY TONY 

NO MORE HEREOS   THINK KILLULTAGH VIC BIG DANGER    REV4CAST

BUMPER TWO @BIG PRICES HES OUR ROBIN/OUR OSCAR  BOTH HAVE GOOD CHANCES ON FORM VASTLY OVERPRICED IMO
Report WWWW22 January 25, 2015 10:51 AM GMT
Gilgamboa and Jezki should be a lovely double today. But afraid not the pilot dampens enthusiasm bring back Barry or Mark Walsh.
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 11:06 AM GMT
CALLIT I AGREE AP IS SUPERB EVEN THO I CANT GET HIM ON THE DAY  THINK POINT WR WAS MAKING HE DONT RIDE AS WELL IN IRELAND (I THINK ITS MORE FACT ITS HARDER HERE AS NO ONE GIVES INCH )

THEY ALL MAKE MISTAKES  AP ON THREE KINGDOMS WAS AS GOOS AS IT GETS

THINK TODAY CHASE COULD WELL JUST COME DOWN TO WHO JUMPS BEST AS THIS WILL BE CRACKER LETS HOPE THEY ALL COME BACK SAFE N SOUND

THINK NO DOUBT JETSKI NEEDS BETTER GROUND   BUT SURE BE BIG CROWD ON A TOP CLASS CARD

AP OR RUBY   COULD WELL HAVE TREBLE
Report paddy1 January 25, 2015 11:51 AM GMT
has there been much overnight rain as going is still stated as soft?

tia
Report tony57 January 25, 2015 11:55 AM GMT
so you wouldn't agree that ap gave jezki the worst 2 rides you could give a horse last season?
Report easygold January 25, 2015 12:07 PM GMT
Hi Paddy, dry all day yesterday and dry today......... yielding to soft cud be the going after race 1 ??
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 12:09 PM GMT
BARRY HAS WON 5 TIMES  AP 3   THE FLY HAS WON 1.3 MILLION SO EVERY TIME THEY RACE EACH OTHER ITS GOING BE CLOSE BETWEEN TWO GREAT HORSES

THE FLY HASNT   BEAT JETSKI AT CHELT  THINK  AT LEOP THE FLY ALWAYS HAS EDGE AS NO ONE RIDES THIS STIFF FINISH BETTER THAN RUBY

I DONT COUNT AP RIDES ON JETSKI AS BAD JUST BEAT BY A MACHINE ON THE DAY
Report tony57 January 25, 2015 12:16 PM GMT
lto he rode a fine race norn..but im not on about that..im referring to his rides last season..one were he got himself caught in a pocket ..race over..then the next time holding the horse up last..were myself and others knew the race was over..my own fault for allowing them races for clouding my judgement but I fancied jezki for the champion all season..but after the last ride I couldn't back him..then barry gets on ..and we know what happened...such is racing..McCoy is a class act..but I would rather have a jock that knows the horse..
Report frank60 January 25, 2015 12:17 PM GMT
No More Heroes and U .d.s. will do for me in a double . i will be watching on this thread for any info on the other races, some good minds on the irish racing here .
Report snap crackle and pop January 25, 2015 12:19 PM GMT
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........good minds????????????
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods January 25, 2015 12:33 PM GMT
Frank is very selective, he'll come on later saying how he backed all the winning tips, and mysteriously missed the losing ones.
Report neill d January 25, 2015 12:40 PM GMT
1:10 Uncle Danny, finds a bit more today
1:40 Gilgamboa, oozes class and the strong pace will help. Will be there at end.
2:10 Champagne James, mightn't mind the drop back in trip (the soft f u c k e r) and the opposition ain't much, Caolaneoin is the one I'm looking out for for down the road.
2:45 Arctic Fire: Getting better all the time.
3:15 No More Heroes, beat a real classy horse last time, tope trainer, great jockey and any amount of improvement to come from an already lofty perch. Might want further and worse ground but if you're quick enough to deal with Shaneshill, you're quick enough.
3:50: Much made here of DeBromhead horses not backing up, More Madness will have had a hrad race at Christmas which leaves Heathfield.
4:20: Combined Forces to eat well tonight on the back of Fugi Mountain (whose brother was like clockwork and won that thing in Japan, where is Blackstairsmountain anyone?). I wonder might Elliots want a bit more dig in the ground?
Report paddy1 January 25, 2015 12:50 PM GMT
easygold............

cheers.... must favour jezki rather than the fly
Report frank60 January 25, 2015 12:51 PM GMT
Pre Fat you are the human version of potato blight.
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 1:03 PM GMT
we could do with Chappers at the track today for his interviewing tenacity and humour.
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 1:07 PM GMT
OZZY NO DOUBT HE GETS EXCITED  I HAD DRINK WITH HIM AT EUROPA  CHELT PREVIEW HE HAD MORE FAKE TAN THAT ANY SCOUSE BABEWink 

BUT CANT BEAT GARY OB
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 1:10 PM GMT
Ah yeah, a bit rough around the edges, but good craic and some man for the women.

Gary is great, a good judge and competent, but won't ruffle any feathers or ask too probing a question.
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 1:12 PM GMT
Gary is an Insider whereas the beauty of Chappers is that he is an Outsider in a very closed world.
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 1:19 PM GMT
you know who made a bit f a bollix of that imo.
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 1:45 PM GMT
Yeee...haaaw..we have a new SUPERSTAR Love
Report frank60 January 25, 2015 1:51 PM GMT
I think their are a few heads here that backed  U.d.S.  anti/post a while back ;nice docket to have now, well done lads.
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 1:51 PM GMT
TOP CLASS
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2015 2:09 PM GMT
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user. [Manage blocked users] 
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user. [Manage blocked users] 
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 2:14 PM GMT
Report CaptainMack January 25, 2015 2:17 PM GMT
Good to see Mark get a winner
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 2:20 PM GMT
CAPT YES  FAIR PLAY LAD
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 2:25 PM GMT
AND NICE TRAINOR WHO WAS STRUGGLING GET DECENT WINNER
Report kingrat January 25, 2015 2:27 PM GMT
Looks like you are all washed up nor iron!Laugh
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 2:31 PM GMT
LaughLaugh THANK FEC GRANDCHILD COMING SHE WRECKS LAPTOP  AS LOSING LOT£  AND DONT SEE IT CHANGING TODAY Cry
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 2:38 PM GMT
Anyone else on the Fiscal Focus good thing at 33s?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2015 2:39 PM GMT
Any helicopters landing ? WR stuck in traffic ?
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 2:41 PM GMT
I wonder how JP has gone on the recent Swiss Franc trading.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2015 3:01 PM GMT
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 3:03 PM GMT
Report kingrat January 25, 2015 3:09 PM GMT
Yep,that little intervention of mine has reduced the number of victims but I do love how you work the human side of the play!Laugh
Report Ozymandius January 25, 2015 3:13 PM GMT
Gary never asks about the upcoming race...the eulogies can wait, the punters want to now about Kiltuatagh Vic ..that's what you would get if Chappers was there.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2015 3:17 PM GMT
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user. [Manage blocked users] THREE TIMER
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods January 25, 2015 3:27 PM GMT
CatchMe you absolute freak - No one gives two sh!ts about who you have blocked
Report kingrat January 25, 2015 3:29 PM GMT
Laugh
Report neill d January 25, 2015 3:29 PM GMT
On the ****g floor here....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2015 3:34 PM GMT
PRE,

another racing thread down the drain imho
Report tony57 January 25, 2015 3:38 PM GMT
mullins just has this game by the balls in this country..have to say the one horse I didn't fancy in that race wins..
Report kingrat January 25, 2015 3:43 PM GMT
Mug punter!Shocked
Report frank60 January 25, 2015 3:45 PM GMT
i thought the winner was very good tony, but was helped by the poor performence  of the fav.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2015 3:49 PM GMT
tony57  • January 6, 2015 6:04 PM GMT 
a few people were surprised the stewards gave him 10 days..as they thought it was harsh..but all eyes were on the martin runners and with the fancied one coming out of the bumper HEATHFIELD was the one that went close but difted ..7/2 from 9/4..
Report tony57 January 25, 2015 3:52 PM GMT
indeed frank looked the winner a long way out, but I couldn't have it today, it had decent bumper form, the lto win only looked ok but time before 2nd to Martello the 3rd came out and won back at 2m 4f today distance looks the key..but jesus mullins and gig have some ammo..have to be honest and say Windsor park never looked in it..but I was surprised at the tactics..out the back?
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods January 25, 2015 3:54 PM GMT
Thought Windsor Park shaped quite well. Made a boll()cks of a flight as he moving into the race.
Report MayoMan January 25, 2015 3:59 PM GMT
Bryan Cooper gave Heathfield some WHACK on the nose on the run in there .
Report tony57 January 25, 2015 4:00 PM GMT
I left it catch, too short imo..but I was worried for a while,..been a bad weekend tbf.hope the last 'sedgfield can ease the pain..
Report MayoMan January 25, 2015 4:00 PM GMT
No wonder it jibbed a bit when he got upsides
Report tony57 January 25, 2015 4:01 PM GMT
did make a rick pre fat, but never looked like getting in it?..but what was your view on it being out the back?..jesus it was only its 2nd run  I thought they would want to be up with it?
Report easygold January 25, 2015 4:02 PM GMT
Kill... Vic is the one I expect to come out best over three miles from this bunch.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2015 4:02 PM GMT
STEWARDS ENQUIRY into a Giggs winner
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 4:02 PM GMT
PRE FAT I AGREE THINK W PARK WAS JUST GETTIN INTO NICE POSITION  ONE FOR NOTEBOOK NTO

KILLULTAGH VIC  DEFF ALSO LOT IMPROVEMENT TO COME THINK WAS VERY HOT RACE

JEEZ RUBY WAS TRYING BIGTIME THERE
Report neill d January 25, 2015 4:26 PM GMT
Couldn't do what I've just done there today if ya tried, got everything completely and utterly **** wrong. WD winners. That Bumper winner must be okay, wasn't getting a whole lot of assistance and was still going forward.
Report norn iron January 25, 2015 4:29 PM GMT
NEIL YOUR NOT ALONE Sad
Report neill d January 25, 2015 4:33 PM GMT
I don't think anyone else managed the seven Norn, just on the big one, I'd say Harrington would love to put Barry on Jezki. He seems to get along with him so well and while he travelled great today (too well nearly) I don't think McCoy kept much back for the finish and you simply can't be taking the last home with you like that.

Arctic fire will be a lovely Arkle horse for 2016 you'd think.
Report huddys January 25, 2015 7:20 PM GMT
Great days racing,great to see the fly win again,what a reception he got from the crowd today,
Report workrider January 25, 2015 7:26 PM GMT
Just because you backed 3 winners ...Laugh
Report huddys January 25, 2015 7:50 PM GMT
Get it right 2.5 winnersLaugh
Report workrider January 25, 2015 7:52 PM GMT
Forgot the d/heat...Laugh
Report Santry January 25, 2015 8:18 PM GMT
Does anyone else think the efforts by Leopardstown to create "atmosphere"is way over the top. From the time you walk into the place to the time you leave you have to endure endless loud blaring announcements and "advice"from various luminaries who love the sound of their own voice. Kevin O Ryan the worst offender. Is it not possible to allow people to enjoy a nice quiet day at the races and make there own minds about what to invest their cash in. For one race today "advice" was being dispensed while the horses were off and running.
Report workrider January 25, 2015 8:32 PM GMT
Santry , without doubt the most annoying thing about Leopardstown , too load and never stops chattering ..I was with Huddys up in the top of the stand and we could hardly hear ourselves talking ...Far too intrusive,,,
Report Santry January 25, 2015 8:37 PM GMT
Likewise with me ,as you are chatting with people the conversation has to stop as you cannot hear each other.
Report paulie wallnuts January 25, 2015 10:30 PM GMT
Huddys was lucky he couldn't hear the Shiite wonky was spouting .... He was propably saying to himself ...." Can ye turn it up ffs"....
Report workrider January 25, 2015 10:35 PM GMT
We were trying to hear your doctor telling the nurse what kind of needle to give you ,shock treatment not working I hear...Youghal a little to noisey for you and Dodgy ,I hear the neighbours made a collection to have your electricty turned back on ...
Report norn iron January 26, 2015 9:46 AM GMT
JEEZ WHEN YOU SEE HEAD ON OF CHAMPAYNE JAMES SHOWS WHAT tender  hands n heels RIDEDevil THERES LOT MORE IN THE TANK WITH THIS HOSSWink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com