Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
HENRYTHENAVIGATOR
02 Dec 14 13:30
| Topic/replies: 66 | Blogger: HENRYTHENAVIGATOR's blog
suppose u have the likes of Charles byrnes ,tony martin and Gordon Elliott any 1 else maybe denis Hogan .any 1 else got a few on this
Pause Switch to Standard View who is the best trainer to pull of a...
Show More
Report culdesac December 2, 2014 1:31 PM GMT
Good starter list
Add
Robert Tyner perhaps?
Arthur Moore in his day was to be feared.
John Kiely still a genius!
Report snap crackle and pop December 2, 2014 1:33 PM GMT
Philip Rothwell and Shark Hanlon are 2 shocking omissions from the list...
Report HENRYTHENAVIGATOR December 2, 2014 1:38 PM GMT
snap can u name a few of the sharks gambles ,I cant remember too many of the top of my head .and as for phil we will say no more
Report snap crackle and pop December 2, 2014 1:41 PM GMT
Aaah don't be like that Henry! Both them know the time of day...
Report kavvie December 2, 2014 1:49 PM GMT
shroodies
Report snap crackle and pop December 2, 2014 1:53 PM GMT
Diff gravy, when the benjamin's are down...
Report tony57 December 2, 2014 2:04 PM GMT
snap can I take it that you are saying..the shark is..a shrewdie when it comes to a punt?
Report snap crackle and pop December 2, 2014 2:05 PM GMT
Both Shark and Philip tony...

I thought you followed racing...!?
Report tony57 December 2, 2014 2:09 PM GMT
the shark is ajoke imho snap..nice guy but a trainer?..sorry not while he has a hole in his jacksee..
Report snap crackle and pop December 2, 2014 2:12 PM GMT
Aaaah tony I thought you were clued up!
Report tony57 December 2, 2014 2:13 PM GMT
lolLaugh
Report Bigwillystyle December 2, 2014 2:26 PM GMT
Rothwell is a genius at getting them well handicapped.  Then better handicapped again but thwey still never win for him.  Have said before but he has a few decent horses who would in off 30 pounds higher marks with decent trainer.  Cross to Boston being one.  Scouse Tony go buy that horse for yourself and give it to sharkLaugh
Report tony57 December 2, 2014 2:29 PM GMT
going to see one this week bigwilly, trainer sourced it..glad the shark won't get his hands on it...
Report snap crackle and pop December 2, 2014 2:31 PM GMT
If its in Ireland tony, be sure to get a loan of wonks chopper for the trip
Report Bigwillystyle December 2, 2014 2:35 PM GMT
Forget any trainer who 'sourced'it.  Waste of time.  Go source it yourself.  Unraced or raced?
Report pa lapsy December 2, 2014 2:36 PM GMT
You could end up with a hippo if you took Snap along Tony.
Tyner certainly, Micheal Hourigans often carry a quiet few bob as well imo.
Report Arklearkle December 2, 2014 2:43 PM GMT
In racing in both Ireland AND the UK "the best one to pull off a coup" unfortunately means who is the most devious and dishonest and gets away with it. Rotten really and they all wonder why racing follower numbers are dwindling.
Report snap crackle and pop December 2, 2014 2:43 PM GMT
Yea love a nice hippo so I do...
Report tony57 December 2, 2014 2:50 PM GMT
with respect bigwilly, the trainer knows his onions,..it was 2nd in a French bumper, only 1 run, but they want to much doe, we,ll see..theres no hurry, theres 4 of us..
Report Bigwillystyle December 2, 2014 3:11 PM GMT
Who is trainer and Sire?  and what money we talking?
Report tony57 December 2, 2014 3:16 PM GMT
don't want to get into that sorry bigwilly,..there 3 others and they don't want any of us saying anything till deal is done.
Report kavvie December 2, 2014 3:40 PM GMT
id say robert tyner..carrigmorna was well punted last weekend.a listed hurdle seems an unlikely gambling medium.7/2 into 6/4  unreal amounts of cash bets around the country.he seldom leaves it behind him..
Report snap crackle and pop December 2, 2014 3:42 PM GMT
They left plenty behind on dushrembrandt over there...
Report gemini01 December 2, 2014 4:23 PM GMT
only one winner in this category, the gold medal goes to Charles Byrnes, the rest are lying in his wake
Report CheltenhamRoar December 2, 2014 5:06 PM GMT
Christy Roche a shocking omission
Report baNjackst December 8, 2014 9:49 PM GMT
without doubt C Byrnes and a shrewd operator like her father would be Tracey Collins.
Report snorlax December 9, 2014 7:32 PM GMT
Eddie Harty,Colm Murphy
Report snap crackle and pop December 9, 2014 8:12 PM GMT
Colm Murphy! Lol!
Report newapproach December 9, 2014 9:17 PM GMT
Two men who don't have half the firepower they used have but are still worthy of mention are Edward O Grady and Pat Hughes.

O Grady landed plenty of gambles when the money was down, often in the green and gold silks and it's a pity he is so low on both numbers and quality now. Has a brilliant record at Cheltenham also.

Hughes is a more controversial inclusion all that is going on at the moment but there is no doubting his ability to land a touch on any given day. His Galway hurdle win with Farmer Brown holds particularly fond memories for me but I stress i am not condoning his recent behaviour by including him in this discussion.
Report callitasucit December 9, 2014 9:21 PM GMT
Time For A Run at Chelt will live long in the memory.
Report snorlax December 9, 2014 10:21 PM GMT
Snap crackle and pop you've a short memory. Glam Gerry was a massive punt in the Martinstown Opportunity over xmas  a few years back. Then between december and january in 2012/2013 they backed Shariyan off the board in 2 different races and he hacked up in both.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 14, 2014 10:30 AM GMT
Gordon Lord Byron fared best of the duo in fourth, even though Wayne Lordan was hard at work a long way from home in Sha Tin's Group One over six furlongs.
Sole Power was given a typically patient ride from Richard Hughes, but he failed to pick up as trainer Eddie Lynam might have expected and was well beaten in ninth place.

Tom Hogan was proud of Gordon Lord Byron, who was finishing fourth at the big Hong Kong meeting in December for a third consecutive season.
The County Tipperary handler said: "He ran a great race, but the winning jockey did brilliantly as it was a pretty quick time.
"We were very happy with him. Every time he produces his run and never lets us down.
"No European has ever won this race so it shows you it difficult it is.
"We'll take him home for his Christmas dinner and then work out what we do with him next."

MUST BE AN EXTRA ORDINARY TRAINER
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 20, 2014 4:19 PM GMT
or Engerland ??? Henry
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com