Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
30 Nov 14 22:35
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
Grade 1 John Durkan Memorial Chase...

How many of the 15 entries will turn up ? (in the last two renewals, only 3 ran).
Pause Switch to Standard View ((((( PUNCHESTOWN )))))
Show More
Report Arklearkle November 30, 2014 11:07 PM GMT
Can see a poor line-up especially for a grade one. Hopefully First L runs. Cant see them running Champagne Fever if theyre going King George route. Not the optimum distance for most of the better ones. Some crap grade ones around this year.
Report culdesac December 2, 2014 1:26 PM GMT
To be fair even when there are small runners they are often (not always) the only likely candidates for success. Another 5-6 also runs dont bring much to the race and they are entitled to look for realistic winnable opportunities elsewhere.
Hope the right 3-4 turn up and take if from there I reckon
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 3, 2014 12:49 PM GMT
Spoiled for choice this Sunday with CORK card also on the table...
featuring Grade 2 'Hilly Way' Chase and two Grade 3 races, 3m Stayers Novice Hurdle (Grade 3) & Mares Novice Steeplechase.

Alderwood, Baily Green and Rathlin are double entries in the Durkin & Hilly Way.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 3, 2014 12:51 PM GMT
*was tinkin Dunkin Donuts
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 6, 2014 2:18 PM GMT
Hope Gordon has better luck tomorrow with Don Cossack
Report norn iron December 6, 2014 8:45 PM GMT
MALA BEECH NAP

FOXROCK

TEXAS JACK IF FIT FTO IS MY VALUE BET IN BIG RACE
Report jackdaws December 7, 2014 12:20 AM GMT
Think Boston bob will win, Texas jack for a saver.
Report SoYouThink December 7, 2014 9:25 AM GMT
I like the look of  Texas Jack too - I think the others towards the head of the betting have doubts about them.
Report The Gotchee December 7, 2014 10:47 AM GMT
Two for me today, Texas Jack at 7/2 without Boston Bob.
Days Hotel E/W at 10/1 in the Hilly Way at Cork. I think he is way overpriced and needed the run last time out. He will be a lot closer to Twinlight today and hopefully in front.
Report Santry December 7, 2014 11:17 AM GMT
Going for an Elliott double today. Don Cossack in the big one and Mala Beach in the novice. At Cork think Mallowney may be overpriced. Good luck all.
Report workrider December 7, 2014 11:36 AM GMT
Don my nap ,off out now good luck all punters..
Report tony57 December 7, 2014 11:54 AM GMT
like don myself today, but lookingforward to the peterbourgh and listed bumper @huntingdon, EDUARD, was a decent 2nd on debut to many clouds, that looks fine form now.
Report one last chance December 7, 2014 12:48 PM GMT
Don Cossack for me
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 7, 2014 1:04 PM GMT
Eduard
Don Cossack
Jumptoconclusions
Twinlight
Un Atout
Report tony57 December 7, 2014 2:08 PM GMT
get in there don!..wr called b4 the race told me don looked a pic..so I hada nibble more..
Report Distant View December 7, 2014 2:09 PM GMT
Eventful race.

Don did it well in the end. Finding more these days when asked.

Well done winners.
Report tony57 December 7, 2014 2:16 PM GMT
fuuck,n eduard jumps the last like a sack a spuds!! cost it..
Report callitasucit December 7, 2014 2:18 PM GMT
Yeah Don knuckled down well, having looked to have a fight on his hands approaching the last. Really comes up for a big one when asked.

Its a long way off, but I could see Un Atout winning the 2016 Gold Cup. An absolutely gorgeous specimen, what he done over hurdles will surely pale into comparison to what he promises to do over the big ones. How ready he will be today is the unknown, and I will just watch and hopefully enjoy rather than have a bet. Mala Beach had a very promising first run over fences, so will be no pushover. Evens is tempting though on UA.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 7, 2014 2:42 PM GMT
Ruby saved him (for the Gold Cup '16) after that v b mistake.
Report callitasucit December 7, 2014 2:43 PM GMT
Still very disappointing though.
Report The Gotchee December 7, 2014 3:09 PM GMT
Foxrock was never given a chance to win that race.
Report workrider December 7, 2014 4:20 PM GMT
That was a shocking ride from Ruby imo , when the horse made a shambles of the fence he dropped his hind legs and look for a moment like he might have broke down , surely Ruby should have pulled him up after jumping the next , as it was he had a much harder race than it should , and to see it struggle home with Ruby slapping in down the neck after jumping the last when well beaten in fifth was horrible  ..Horse will be sore tonight and might find himself out of love with the game after that...
Report norn iron December 7, 2014 5:13 PM GMT
FOXROCK MUST BE WINNER WHEN THEY WANT LET HANDBRAKE OFF?

WR WAS STRANGE RIDE FROM RUBY ESPECIALLY NEAR 2 YEARS OFF   IN FAIRNESS NOT LIKE HIM TO GET stuck INTO ONE WHEN NO CHANCE

AP  160/1 IN RUNNING ON JUMPTOCONCLUSIONS Shocked?

FAIR PLAY TO DON COSSACK BACKERS HE DIFFERENT ANIMAL THIS YEAR  LORD WINDERMERE EYECATCHING

AND TEXAS JACK  BLEW UP STILL THINK HE CAN WIN GRADE ONE ?

BY GOD GOING BE SOME CRACKING RACING OVER XMAS AS LEOPARDSTOWN ALL THE BIG GUNS WILL BE FULLY FIT
Report norn iron December 7, 2014 5:18 PM GMT
332F Weatherbys Ireland GSB H'cap S'chase

The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of Foxrock, placed third, ridden by A.P. Heskin, and trained by T.M. Walsh. Evidence was heard from the rider and trainer concerned.
A.P. Heskin, stated that his instructions were to jump his mount off 5th or 6th, give him space at his fences, get into a good rhythm and do his best from there. He said early on the race was developing as he planned but after passing the stands, he clipped a heel, stumbled badly and lost his action and from there on he wasn't entirely happy with his mount, with him being behind the bridle from down the back straight. He said from about 4 out he was riding as strong as he could bearing in mind he wasn't entirely happy with how he was moving.
T.M. Walsh confirmed the instructions and stated that watching the race live he felt his rider could've been a bit more forceful between 3 out and 2 out, and he could've used his whip at this stage. However his rider explained on dismounting how he wasn't entirely happy with how the horse moved in the second half of the race and as the horse returned to the stable yard, Mr Walsh noticed that his front shoes were missing, and at this stage his riders report made sense and he was satisfied with the ride.
The Stewards also received a report from the Turf Club Veterinary Officer who stated that Foxrock had pulled off both his front shoes in running and was slightly lame post race.
Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards noted the explanations offered by both rider and trainer, but were of the opinion A.P. Heskin was in breach of Rule 213 in that he failed to report in the first instance something that may have affected the running of his mount, and having taken his record into account, they suspended him for 1 race day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the untochables dodge the bullet again,again,again and again .THATS FROM OTHER FORUM
Report workrider December 7, 2014 5:19 PM GMT
Yes Norn , the Don has now become a man , and the others better watch out...
Report frank60 December 7, 2014 5:39 PM GMT
MALLOWNEY let me down for a 3.7k bet today W/R IT STILL PAINS ME TO WATCH IT. BEATEN BY A NOSE BY fELIX YOUNGER
Report norn iron December 7, 2014 5:43 PM GMT
OMG FRANK THAT MALLONEY SEEMS TO KEEP BIT FOR HIMSELF EVEN THO HE LOOKED HOME AND HOSED

BAD LUCK
Report workrider December 7, 2014 5:50 PM GMT
Backed F/Younger Frank ...Thought it was all over between the last to , then I remembered backing him and seeing him empty , so had a little hope left near the line where he was nailed ..Unlucky Frank..
Report frank60 December 7, 2014 5:52 PM GMT
ThatS horseracing LADS, ENDED UP 200E UP ON THE DAY, SO NOT SO BAD.
Report workrider December 7, 2014 5:57 PM GMT
Good man Frank thats what I like to hear...
Report Santry December 7, 2014 7:45 PM GMT
Mallowney is a horse that always travels well but doesnt always find a lot but I thought the race was set up perfect for him today with a very fast early pace and horses coming back around him. If Robbie Mc could ride the race again he would probably hold onto him until a little later. He was worth a few quid to me today but nothing like Frank so hard luck.
Great days racing today and lots more to look forward to. Gigginstown really having a good season so far so hope it continues as I find I back a lot of their horses.
Report wildmanfromborneo December 7, 2014 8:00 PM GMT
When I read about Franks bad luck I immediately thought of Santry,he had put up Mallowney in a treble the other two won but he seems to have taken that nose like a gentleman.

It was great picking by the pair of ye and deserved a better fate.
Report frank60 December 7, 2014 8:26 PM GMT
For the record the Bet was a 10euro yankie 1st horse pulled up,the 2nd . ON IMPULSE 7/2 won, the 3rd  JUMPTOCONCLUSIONS 5/1 won [A.P.at his  best] and  MALLOWNEY 8/1 2nd beaten a nose, all prices taken with laddies at 12.30, ..270 e return    THANKS for your kind words Wildman
Report huddys December 7, 2014 8:44 PM GMT
God very unlucky frank,
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 7, 2014 8:59 PM GMT
Un Atout fans see photos in gallery here 

http://www.healyracing.ie/#/gallery/7-12-14-punchestown/00-un-atout-1/
Report punchestown December 8, 2014 10:29 AM GMT
Thought Mallowney slowed up a bit approaching the last which gave the winner a bit of encouragement as well as hitting the front a tad too early,surprised the runner up only hit 1.18 in running as it looked all over the winner between the last 2 fences.
Report tony57 December 8, 2014 10:31 AM GMT
felt for Robbie mac..no doubt if he could go back he,d of waited a touch longer?
Report norn iron December 8, 2014 11:22 AM GMT
UN ATOUT   WATCHED RACE QUITE FEW TIMES NOW AND I THINK   OBVIOUSLY BAR THE BAD MISTAKE RUBY GAVE HORSE DECENT EDUCATION AND MUCH NEEDED RACE FITNESS  AND NEVER USED WHIP = BANKER SOMEWERE OVER XMAS  FOR ME

TONY YES ROBBIE WENT POSS 50 YARDS TO SOON BUT THAT FELIX YOUNGER HAS ALSO MORE TO COME

ROBBIE COLGAN  AND BRIAN MCCONELL SHOWED GIVE THEM DECENT HORSE THEY CAN GET THE JOB DONE

MIGHTY CONCORDE IN BUMPER MUST BEEN  SHORT ODDS FOR PLACE  STRANGE effort IN SADDLE
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com