Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paulie wallnuts
30 Nov 14 15:52
| Topic/replies: 3,239 | Blogger: paulie wallnuts's blog
Because whoever they are they wouldn't know if they had enough eaten.....you'd want to see the rubbish he wrote about childrens list......
Pause Switch to Standard View Does anybody know who gives reviews...
Show More
Report CheltenhamRoar November 30, 2014 3:56 PM GMT
When it wears the Mr Blobby colours it instantly becomes a star Crazy
Report paulie wallnuts November 30, 2014 4:01 PM GMT
That's about the size of it.....when they hear its gone to Mullins they start to hype it up as if its a real animal.....destined for the top.....smashing scopey sort....they have all the clichés.....
Not a clue of any description....
Report gutfeeling November 30, 2014 4:40 PM GMT
http://www.talkinhorses.ie

This site does some nice reviews of the p2p scene, I tend to get the Wetherbys books(p2p Planner & Results/Stats book) as they're worth a look if you are interested.

As for the WPM machines I tend to look through the form myself, More reliable than some blokes heard from someones brother/sister/cousin/aunt/uncle who knows a man who once knew a lad who....
Report paulie wallnuts November 30, 2014 9:27 PM GMT
Thank you gutfeeling......must have a look at that site.....surely it must be better informed than some clown on the other site putting up every maiden winner as the next coming......
Report gutfeeling November 30, 2014 9:44 PM GMT
Aye they keep it factual and don't let sales prices influence their analysis.
Report pa lapsy December 1, 2014 11:30 AM GMT
That's a fairly good effort on the Talkinhorses site Gutfeeling,seems to be a one man operation by a fella who just has a gra for the ptp. I mightn't be using the site to its best but think he only covers what he has seen(ie maybe doesn't go up to the north that much).He was positive with Childrens List but certainly didn't go overboard.
Report RoyalAcademy December 1, 2014 11:49 AM GMT
post the review and the rating paulie...don't keep them to yourself

and I'd be surprised if you don't know who gives both so why not name and shame?

I presume this horse had the rating before Mullins moved in so CheltenhamRoar's assertion is inaccurate. I'd make two other points: paulie may think that a Gold Cup horse is being hyped every week (this race was the first 4yo maiden of 2014) but Mullins does seem to get maximum value out of his point purchases compared to the many other guys in Ire and Eng who get it wrong regularly. The other point i'd make is that because of the sales hype and the increasing focus on 4yo maiden winners in particular there has been a bit or rating inflation going on for some time. If any guy has a hundred grand + to spend and doesn't know this deserves all he gets!
Report paulie wallnuts December 1, 2014 11:53 AM GMT
"Won going away in the style of something special"...."There are many more youngsters to run this season few will be more exciting than this half brother to Schindlers Hunt"....95+ was the rating given....which is very high for a maiden win....
Report RoyalAcademy December 1, 2014 11:56 AM GMT
yeah, its the 95 that's the issue...not the language imo...
Report culdesac December 2, 2014 1:23 PM GMT
Those reviews are all up on that website that evening so they can hardly be compromised by sales prices or who trains them next. I do remember Champagne Fever was highest rated 4yo of his generation and surely not easy to get em all right. Sounds like you backed it and got stung Paulie!!
Noone can accurately assess all these horses accurately on one run so I presume there has to be a margin for error for us punters?
Looked a good bumper and Elliott horse was a burst bubble too. Mullins had a fav beaten in a bumper Thurs Thurles too so maybe the young bumper horses not firing as well as the better ones last week?
Report mrcombustible December 3, 2014 8:14 PM GMT
Royalacademy, I discovered your p2p thread on the racing forum today, great read, keep up the good work
Report Tolmi December 12, 2014 8:52 PM GMT
Having read the form guide for the horses entered in the Brightwells sale this evening one can only marvel at their ability to describe even the poorest entry in glowing terms.

Judging by the numbers unsold or bought back it would appear the vendors were believing the hype.
Report tony57 December 12, 2014 9:25 PM GMT
mr o'leary has one for sale tonight..only won on Saturday?lol..he still holds the record for a sale 330.000 that pig he sold john hales and nicholls..not sure its won another race?
Report Princesse D'Anjou December 14, 2014 3:41 PM GMT
I'd ignore the stuff written in the catalogue as pretty sure you can write what you like in that.  There was at least one in the sale on Friday (W/D) that you wouldn't give tuppence for but would have probably gone for decent money.

Ronnie did very well selling Fascino Rustico Tony after that Carlisle bumper win, looking at the move for it in the day it was probably a double bubble for Mr O'Leary.

I wouldn't be too down on those writing the review's, I'm assuming it's Richard Pugh who writes them but I could be wrong on that.  As a rule he does a good job, they aren't all hyped up as the second coming  there are enough that say will struggle to upgrade and take a Winners event over the season etc.

Still think the value definitely lies in the UK and not with the flashy sorts from the big yards here, plenty of good trainers getting winners with youngsters and there'll be enough winners in behind that will do a grand job in the 0-130 range in handicaps from these maidens in the coming months.  Sure you're unlikely to be buying something that will contest G1's as things stand but equally you aren't paying 140k for them either.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com