Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frank60
24 Jul 14 12:03
| Topic/replies: 4,264 | Blogger: frank60's blog
THE 1st run for this one this evening 5.25 leopardstown,..money on in a field of 9 must be great things expected .most likely a lay after all Australia  was beaten 1st time out.
Pause Switch to Standard View J F Kennedy Galileo x...
Show More
Report workrider July 24, 2014 12:40 PM BST
The JFK name would have been kept for something special Frank , full brother to Tapestry , so they knew when naming this fellow ...Will keep an eye on him in the paddock tonight ..Not often i back odds on , but just might be tempted with this lad...
Report frank60 July 24, 2014 4:18 PM BST
i backed Aiden,s other one  Order of st george at 12/1 with Boyles   [boyles are giving 1/4odds all races at leop tonight W/R] 3/1 a place is a fair bet, and it would,nt be the first time Joseph got it wrong.Grin
Report pa lapsy July 24, 2014 5:19 PM BST
I wouldn,t be the greatest at judging a horse by looks but my impression of him going around was relaxed and fit,a fine looking animal.
Report irishbookmaker July 24, 2014 5:24 PM BST
Aidan will be to his usual tricks with this one. Fav out the back coming too late with a run ehile his second string does the business..
Report pa lapsy July 24, 2014 5:26 PM BST
^ thats what the betting is saying, you would think the opposite with the naming, small bit more edgy going into the stalls.
Report irishbookmaker July 24, 2014 5:28 PM BST
Maybe not..
Report pa lapsy July 24, 2014 5:29 PM BST
looked very one paced,maybe not up to much.
Report frank60 July 24, 2014 5:32 PM BST
Both will come on for the race but heffernan rode a bad race on the 2nd string.
Report dj876 July 24, 2014 9:25 PM BST
You were robbed for the place Frank as Order of St.George will probably turn out to be the best of them.I hope you managed to turn a profit on the race as you were correct about the hype horse being initially put in too short.
Report Send.in.the.clowns July 24, 2014 9:32 PM BST
John F Kennedy´s reputation preceded him, more because of his name than his choice pedigree. Out of a Moyglare winner and a sister to an Irish Oaks runner-up, he is designed to go to the top, but there was nothing overly exciting about this. The fact he got four cracks of his rider´s whip is notable, as this is a stable where debutants are not unduly battered about, and he looked a shade one-paced. His trainer was, however, keen to stress beforehand that the horse had not done much at home so far.

johnny ward words of wisdom
Report Irish_Celtic July 24, 2014 9:48 PM BST
The second string was ran up the arse of every horse possible. Was plenty more in him.
Report workrider July 24, 2014 10:15 PM BST
Had a look at him in the paddock , were he seemed to be reasonably relaxed and walked around as if he knew his job , nothing special look wise , in fact I would say hes very plain ...Backed him on here before i left as wasn't sure I'd make the first ..Ran well enough , but hes no world beater on that performance ...Proceeded to back AOBS others runners in the first 3 races , disaster , left Gleneagles alone to short , the inevitable happened if won ..The ride given to John  Constable was shocking , there is no other word for it ..I knew my fate as soon as the stalls opened , a great draw was wasted , never put into the race..I was delighted Egyptian got beat , had word for one in the last , got beat ..You'll never guess who won it....Cry
Report paulie wallnuts July 24, 2014 10:40 PM BST
Wonks.....Aidan O Brien in his interview stated that the first fav was very green in the parade ring.....making a lot of noise whinnying and the like......remarking that he was very babyish.....
Gary O Brien before the race said exactly the same and said that his behaviour in the parade ring would be worrying for anybody who backed him.....so therefore I am surprised that an expert paddock judge like yourself seemed to miss these warning signs.....the market didn't miss them all the same....it drifted from 1.55 to 1.9 at one stage....
Maybe the next time you go racing you should bring your thick glasses and also turn on your hearing aid......
Report slickster July 24, 2014 11:01 PM BST
Yep, the name caught a lot out. Very coltish and playing up in the pre parade ring. Very noisy. His stable companion looked better.
Too many old timers roaming about at the track tonight wearing sandals!!! Most unbecoming Grin
Report slickster July 24, 2014 11:13 PM BST
Hey wonky, how do you come to the conclusion that Gleneagles was too short? 8-11 was freely available. Personally, i thought that was a shade too big!
Anyway, you keep doing as you are....
Report workrider July 25, 2014 10:44 AM BST
Paulie , I watched him for about 5 mins after he came in , cool calm and collected he was , not a hoot out of him ..I then left happy in the knowledge that my bet was safe , noted the drift but thought nothing of it ..Was talking to a member during racing who put it to me that JFK had played up .. To say I was surprised is an understatement ...
Report frank60 July 25, 2014 1:12 PM BST
All the money in the race was for the 2nd string, interesting to note that the winner was well beaten bt 12L by another aiden o brien horse in his only run before hacking up in this race,It does,nt say much for J.F.K.
Report SoYouThink July 25, 2014 10:10 PM BST
Ya'd like to see this one go all the way because of the name......George Washingto was a very popular horse and he was one of the best to come out of Ballydoyle although I remember a certain Abrahim Lincoln ended up being sold to race at Wolverhampton.
Report kingrat July 25, 2014 10:51 PM BST
jesus christ!there are odds on shots and there are odds on  shots.and then there are mug punters that back odds on shots based simply on a name?i dont even think my mother in law is that stupid and she goes by that system.Laugh
Report SoYouThink July 25, 2014 11:18 PM BST
I think the racing public have more of an affinity with an imaginatively named horse.
Report neill d July 26, 2014 2:12 AM BST
Nnyone speculating that he ain't any goo wouldn't know what they are talking about. 12f might be his best distance over the piece, 12f, anyone telling you what he might do next year wouldn't have their life on it. History, commercial stuff aside will prove that when they are adament, they're usually right, to the extent that they have at least a good group horse on their hands. Everything is relative. Such is how short Jim Bolger is for group horses, he is still wearing around his Dewhurst winner, it isn't that hard.......this time
Report kavvie July 26, 2014 10:33 AM BST
entered in the 7f  maiden in galway mon eve.we might have a different view at 6.15!!.remember austraila was beaten first time out (carrying my 400 at juicy odds)  as for the naming thing id  advise people who rubbish it to read the story as to how and why frankel was named.he wasnt too bad?
Report frank60 July 26, 2014 1:15 PM BST
Icant see why horses cant be call after great irish leaders like Bertie, and brian cowen ..Grin
Report kavvie July 26, 2014 1:40 PM BST
several horses called after bertie!!  the chancer?!?  smokes and mirrors!?
Report gutfeeling July 26, 2014 2:00 PM BST
So the next great white hope is sent to the races without having done much work at home, If you believe that you'll believe anything.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com