Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frank60
17 Jun 14 10:20
| Topic/replies: 4,262 | Blogger: frank60's blog
Any info on which players might like this course, ty
Pause Switch to Standard View irish open golf.
Show More
Report pa lapsy June 17, 2014 11:20 AM BST
Going back a bit too far(2001/2) to take much notice of those 2 historical results, Eamonn Darcy was 6th in 02 which says it all. In those two years P Harrington finished t2 and t6 which would say he has a bit of an affinity to the place but is as you know is an entirely different player these days.
Report Kelly June 17, 2014 3:00 PM BST
Have never seen the course .  Its also a bit off the beaten track , even for the pros . Surely though Padraig should give his supporters a run for their money  , Padraig has played more courses in Ireland than most of the other pros .
Report huddys June 17, 2014 8:14 PM BST
Going for very boring selections this week,In the Irish open im going with Rory e/w at 5/1 with powers 6 places,very solid performance in his last few outing,really cant see him outside the top 6.so the way im looking Rory is a bet to nothing,
Now on to America were im going for Bubba e/w aswell 12/1,past winner here,missing the cut last week,so will give him an extra few days rest,I just hope they have plenty of portable toilets on the back nine for sunday,there are some amount of chokers in the field,who might be looking for them if they are in contention, that includes my selection BubbaShocked,

Selections

Rory e/w 5/1 6 places,

Bubba e/w 12/1,

Also done an e/w double,best of luck this week lads,
Report the jolly June 17, 2014 11:06 PM BST
the pros are going to rip it up this week with the good forecast.  They have been putting in some new tees on all the par 5s to try to add a bit of length to the place but it is going to be wide open for some low scoring.  Lovely new tee on the 6th as well for anybody that knows it. Going to require a golfer that is comfortable going low on flat track.  Leave it up to the experts on here to call that.
Report Blackwater June 18, 2014 12:53 AM BST
Just hope it's a contest. Too many tournaments this year have developed into non-events. Dread to think what the viewing figures were for the US Open last week.

Might have a tickle on Lowry. 30 on here seems fair enough.
Report workrider June 18, 2014 11:56 AM BST
Blackwater , from what I'm hearing  Lowry is a REAL trier this week , means a lot to the lad , unlike a couple you could mention , only here for the appearance money ..I wish him well...
Report the jolly June 18, 2014 1:44 PM BST
who is getting appearance money - news to me?
Report Kelly June 18, 2014 2:08 PM BST
Rory and Gmac would be the obvious candidates , the jolly , but not sure if it works that way now .  Know for a fact it DID work that way in Seve's day , a friend ( deceased) used to "organise" deals like that with Seve . At the risk of repeating a previous post , Seve was contracted to appear at Portmarnock for the Irish Open one August many moons ago . Meanwhile he won the Masters that April , and our friend approached Seve shortly after the victory ceremony , fearing bad news re August .  Seve smiled at him , re-affirmed without question that he would appear in Portmarnock at the appointed time and for the agreed "package" , but with a twinkle in his eye he said in his inimitable way with the english language " but next year it costs you more !" .  Fair play to him , he was always worth the money and the guarantees .
Report frank60 June 18, 2014 2:40 PM BST
I have some fond memories of the Irish open ,two that come to mind is when John o leary won in the 80s and Fred cogley was interviewing him on the last green live for R.t.e; here comes your mother to congratulate you John says Fred, thats not my mother that my wife says johh to the red faced Fred.......another also in the 80s in when Seve Ballesteros beat  bernard langer in a play off at Portmarnack in one of the best ever Irish opens ,.. Carrolls Cigs used to sponsor the Irish open then and Don Carroll while presenting the trophy to Seve proclaimed..What a finish im totally breathless after that; to which a hardshaw in the assembled thousands around the last hole  shouted Well you wont to give up the smokes Don.  ..On a more serious note i think Rory might be a lay , the jolly is right when he says the pros will rip it up but it might just give the outsiders a better chance to get distance of the tee. goodluck with your bets lads
Report callitasucit June 18, 2014 2:58 PM BST
Not the same standard as last week, but two relatively decent events to get stuck into.

The Irish Open is always a hard one to weigh up, as it moves venue quite frequently. This years course looks on the easy side, and plenty of birdie putts will need to be holed to be in contention on Sunday. My first port of call was Marcel Siem. I'm not big into the 'German' theory, but it cant hurt that his countryman was victorious last week, where Siem also put in a tremendous showing to finish in a share of 12th. The majority of this weeks field is far removed from that exalted company. The German had shown improved form in the lead into Pinehurst, and having played at Fota before and declared he fell in love with the place, he looks the best bet this week. 

I have been having a bit of a love in with Stephen Gallagher of late, but I do believe the market is consistently underestimating him. I think he should be second fav here. Take out his US Open run, and he is the form player coming here behind Rory, and he should have a good week.

If there is one player in here that could have any pretensions of being a superstar like McIlroy, it has to be Eddie Pepperel. He has looked very impressive of late, and I really like his attitude. A bit outspoken, plenty cocky enough, he will win soon. And at prices like 66-1 in events with no strength in depth, he is worth following blind.

Emiliano Grillo has not been as hot of late, but devastating with the putter when he gets going, he should enjoy this layout, and has far more chance than plenty priced lower than him in the market.

But in reality, all of the above, and the rest of the field are playing for second place if Rory McIlroy brings his A game.
Report Kelly June 18, 2014 3:14 PM BST
Like that Don Carroll story frank60 .  I was there that day , phenomenal sport , 1 and 2 in the world then they were .  But I hooked it home straight after the finish , Portmarnock being hard to exit given the topography .

We went nearly every year courtesy of freebie tickets, including entry to competitors facilities / dining etc .  Magic . First year I was changing in the locker rooms with my brother , between us was David Graham and Aoki , asking us about the course .

Another day we had lunch with Harry Bradshaw , what a privelege , his home club of course .  But I remembered him being warned off the practice facilities at our home club in the fifties when he was playing up north .  He remembered that "warning" , someone was sent down to the 18th green to stop him wearing a path parctice wise .  We laughed about it , they had little to do , but thats the way it was back then , our own pro was not allowed into the clubhouse except by invitation .  Fred Daly had to be in his shop the day afer he won the British Open , Balmoral members paid his wages and he had to be there on a Saturday to issue their cards and sell them Mars bars .  Strewth !
Report callitasucit June 18, 2014 3:22 PM BST
Not the same standard as last week, but two relatively decent events to get stuck into.

The Irish Open is always a hard one to weigh up, as it moves venue quite frequently. This years course looks on the easy side, and plenty of birdie putts will need to be holed to be in contention on Sunday. My first port of call was Marcel Siem. I'm not big into the 'German' theory, but it cant hurt that his countryman was victorious last week, where Siem also put in a tremendous showing to finish in a share of 12th. The majority of this weeks field is far removed from that exalted company. The German had shown improved form in the lead into Pinehurst, and having played at Fota before and declared he fell in love with the place, he looks the best bet this week. 

I have been having a bit of a love in with Stephen Gallagher of late, but I do believe the market is consistently underestimating him. I think he should be second fav here. Take out his US Open run, and he is the form player coming here behind Rory, and he should have a good week.

If there is one player in here that could have any pretensions of being a superstar like McIlroy, it has to be Eddie Pepperel. He has looked very impressive of late, and I really like his attitude. A bit outspoken, plenty cocky enough, he will win soon. And at prices like 66-1 in events with no strength in depth, he is worth following blind.

Emiliano Grillo has not been as hot of late, but devastating with the putter when he gets going, he should enjoy this layout, and has far more chance than plenty priced lower than him in the market.

But in reality, all of the above, and the rest of the field are playing for second place if Rory McIlroy brings his A game. Quotes of 5-1 might not set many a pulse racing, and he probably shouldn't be much less, I would make him 7-2. But with PP offering 6 places, given Rory's consistently high finishing of late, its nigh impossible to see him not at least return the place dividend. He started only 10-1 for the US Open, against the best in the world, on a course that was never really going to suit. He could destroy this venue, and the opposition.

.8pt e.w Marcel Siem 40-1
1.2pt e.w Stephen Gallagher 25-1
.45pt e.w Eddie Pepperel 66-1
.3pt e.w Emiliano Grillo 100-1
5pts e.w Rory McIlroy 5-1
All 6 places

The Travelers Championship market is dominated by players arriving from failed attempts at the US Open. One player who performed worse than most was Bubba Watson. I would not be in the least bit worried about that. Bubba handed in the towel as early as Tuesday, and was never going to be a factor going out with the negative state of mind. Bubba is a complete freak, and his golf form is dependant totally on what is going on between the ears. Like his disastrous trip to the French Open, he didn't like the look of Pinehurst, especially the greens, and he threw the toys out of the pram. He will arrive here with great memories, being a past winner and consistently in the top 10. Prior to the US Open he was in blistering form, and started a well backed 18-1 at Pinehurst in a field far superior to this. I missed the early 14-1, but 12s is more than fair.

Jonas Blixt also blew out in the second major, but he is a highly inconsistent player, but equally highly talented. He is far too big at 80-1, in an inferior field, where is superb putting should be a huge asset.

After the Lord Mayors show can sometimes be the time to catch 'non winners', and as such I am particularly sweet on Graham de Laet, and also Brendan de Jonge. The early 50-1 on de Laet was never going to last, so I availed of that pretty quickly. He too missed the cut last week, but that could prove to of benefit come Sunday. He was in fine form prior to it, has long been promising a win, has often started at a lot shorter in better fields, and finished 3rd here last year. 40-1 still available, what's not to like?

De Jonge performed above expectations  at Pinehurst, and should come here bursting with confidence. He can go low, very low, and though his bottle is questionable, he should be right in contention over the weekend.

Hunter Mahan had a nightmare last week, but this venue obviously suits him very well, he has being shown signs of returning to his best. In a week where some of the market leaders may have major hangovers, he could be the one to benefit, at juicy enough odds.

Another player who finds it tough to win is Ryan Moore, but at 33-1 he too warrants e.w support on a track he is very comfortable on. He can also go very low when the putter gets hot, and that is what will be needed this week.

2.5pts e.w Bubba Watson 12-1
.4pt e.w Jonas Blixt 80-1
.6pt e.w Graham de Laet 50-1
.5pt e.w Brendan de Jonge 60-1
.8pt e.w Hunter Mahan 40-1
.9pt e.w Ryan Moore 33-1

Running Total.....+41.7pts

GL.
Report frank60 June 18, 2014 6:02 PM BST
I remember Harry bradshaw Kelly , a few memories about Harry..Harry Bradshaw (9 October 1913 – December 1990[1]) was a leading Irish professional golfer of the 1940s and 1950s.

Bradshaw was born in Delgany, Wicklow. He was the son of the Delgany professional golfer Ned Bradshaw and he and his three brothers Jimmy, Eddie and Hughie all became professional golfers. He won the Irish PGA Championship 10 times between 1941 and 1957, tied with Christy O'Connor Snr for most wins in that event. He was also the Irish Open champion in 1947 and 1949. He teamed with Christy O'Connor to win the Canada Cup for Ireland in Mexico in 1958, finishing second in the individual section of the event despite suffering nosebleeds due to the altitude. Bradshaw played in the Ryder Cup in 1953, 1955 and 1957. He was twice Dunlop Masters champion, in 1953 and 1955.

Bradshaw lost the 1949 The Open Championship following a playoff against Bobby Locke at Royal St George's, after an extraordinary incident in the second round when his drive at the 5th hole came to rest against broken glass from a beer bottle on the fairway. Rather than taking a drop (to which he would probably have been entitled) Bradshaw elected to play the ball as it lay, but was only able to move it slightly forward, dropping the shot. The setback resulted in his tying with Locke with an aggregate of 283, thereby equaling the championship record. However he lost the playoff to Locke. Arguably the incident with the bottle cost Bradshaw the tournament.
Report frank60 June 18, 2014 6:12 PM BST
TY for the excellent write up callit, i agree with you about emiliano grillo 150/1 here a good outsider, i just feel that that Rory is a lay at his price, Time will tell.
Report newapproach June 18, 2014 6:41 PM BST
5 picks for me this week @ fota island.

Stephen Gallagher 25/1
Rafa Cabrera Bello 33/1
Chris Wood 50/1
Danny Willett 50/1
Ross Fisher 50/1

Good luck this week.
Report kd109 June 18, 2014 6:59 PM BST
Thinking of sending the oul fella down for his birthday.Should there be any problems getting a ticket at the gate on Sat/Sunday?
Report callitasucit June 18, 2014 9:00 PM BST
Very much doubt it kd. They prob be plentiful.
Report Kelly June 18, 2014 10:13 PM BST
Frank60 , as an addendum to the Bradshaw post , over lunch we were discussing the then contenders , including Seve .  Harry said "Seve is the best upper and downer I have ever seen , anywhere , anytime " . Had to agree with that , and anyone who watches Seve as a "sporting great " will verify his ability .  Mind you , Harry was no slouch himself from 100 yards in .  Nice man  , and did us proud without any histrionics .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 19, 2014 12:19 AM BST
First off the first at 7.30am

07:30        Darren Fichardt (6/4)        Gregory Bourdy (6/4)        Garrick Porteous (10/3)   
    07:30        Adrien Saddier (11/8)        Victor Riu (15/8)        Jack Doherty (12/5)   
    07:40        Richard Finch (6/4)        Justin Walters (7/4)        Joachim B Hansen (9/4)   
    07:40        Paul Lawrie (15/8)        Tommy Fleetwood (19/10)        Matthew Fitzpatrick (2)   
    07:50        Richard Green (13/8)        Hennie Otto (11/5)        Tyrell Hatton (9/4)   

||    07:50    ||    Rory McIlroy (11/10)    ||    Stephen Gallacher (9/4)    ||    Padraig Harrington (10/3)    ||
    08:00        Ross Fisher (6/4)        Matteo Manassero (8/5)        Darren Clarke (3)   
    08:00        Gary Stal (13/10)        Tjaart Van Der Walt (2)        Robert Dinwiddie (11/4)   
    08:10        James Morrison (11/10)        Nacho Elvira (6/4)        Andreas Harto (10/3)   
    08:10        Rafael Cabrera Bello (11/10)        Mikko Ilonen (7/4)        Jose Maria Olazabal (5)   
    08:20        Alexander Levy (6/4)        Soren Hansen (15/8)        Damien McGrane (11/4)   
    08:20        Jbe Kruger (11/8)        Stephen Dodd (7/4)        Simon Khan (2)   
    08:30        Simon Dyson (6/4)        Brett Rumford (11/5)        Simon Thornton (13/5)   
    08:30        Lee Slattery (11/10)        Adam Gee (7/4)        Cian McNamara (11/4)   
    08:40        Romain Wattel (11/8)        Edoardo Molinari (6/4)        Gaganjeet Bhullar (31/10)   
    08:40        Ricardo Santos (11/8)        Graeme Storm (2)        Jake Roos (2)   
    08:50        Brinson Paolini (11/8)        Jamie McLeary (7/4)        John Kelly (2)   
    08:50        Mikko Korhonen (5/4)        Wade Ormsby (5/4)        Wen-Yi Huang (7/2)   
    09:00        Mark Foster (5/4)        Stuart Manley (7/4)        Mike Miller (9/4)   
    09:00        Scott Henry (5/6)        James Heath (15/8)        Daniel Sugrue (7/2)   
    09:10        Jens Dantorp (6/5)        Alexandre Kaleka (2)        Gary Hurley (21/10)   
    09:10        Estanislao Goya (11/10)        John Hahn (13/10)        Eamonn Brady (4)   
    09:20        Andy Sullivan (5/4)        Matthew Baldwin (5/4)        Li Hao-tong (7/2)   
    09:20        Tom Lewis (5/4)        Ruaidhri McGee (9/4)        Carlos Del Moral (5/2)   
    09:30        Sihwan Kim (11/8)        Gareth Shaw (15/8)        Jason Knutzon (15/8)   
    09:30        Shiv Kapur (6/4)        Thomas Pieters (6/4)        Gavin Moynihan (56/19)   
    12:30        Emiliano Grillo (5/4)        Kristoffer Broberg (2)        Jose-Filipe Lima (9/4)   
    12:30        Kevin Phelan (6/4)        Jeev Milkha Singh (19/10)        Thomas Levet (9/4)   
    12:40        Alvaro Quiros (28/17)        Marcel Siem (7/4)        Michael Hoey (9/4)   
    12:40        Eddie Pepperell (6/4)        Robert Rock (19/10)        Soren Kjeldsen (3)   
    12:50        Andrea Pavan (11/8)        Alastair Forsyth (6/4)        Sam Walker (5/2)   

||    12:50    ||    Graeme McDowell (13/8)    ||    Paul Casey (9/5)    ||    Shane Lowry (9/4)    ||
||    13:00    ||    Pablo Larrazabal (7/5)    ||    Branden Grace (15/8)    ||    Paul McGinley (3)    ||
    13:00        Julien Quesne (19/20)        Marco Crespi (5/2)        Daniel Brooks (11/4)   
    13:10        Danny Willett (11/8)        Scott Jamieson (9/4)        Daniel Im (5/2)   
    13:10        Robert Karlsson (11/10)        Mikael Lundberg (11/5)        Peter Lawrie (7/2)   
    13:20        Raphael Jacquelin (8/5)        Alejandro Canizares (13/8)        Gareth Maybin (3)   
    13:20        Anders Hansen (11/10)        Steve Webster (2)        Patrik Sjoland (4)   
    13:30        Chris Wood (6/4)        Felipe Aguilar (13/8)        Morten Orum Madsen (11/4)   
    13:30        David Drysdale (11/8)        Jin Jeong (13/8)        John Parry (3)   
    13:40        David Horsey (13/8)        Maximilian Kieffer (15/8)        Paul Waring (9/4)   
    13:40        Richie Ramsay (11/10)        Ricardo Gonzalez (5/2)        Simon Wakefield (5/2)   
    13:50        Lucas Bjerregaard (1)        Magnus A Carlsson (13/8)        Brian Mcelhinney (10/3)   
    13:50        Daan Huizing (10/11)        Adrian Otaegui (7/4)        Damien Mooney (10/3)   
    14:00        Anthony Wall (7/4)        Gregory Havret (7/4)        Craig Lee (9/4)   
    14:00        Eduardo De La Riva (7/4)        Marc Warren (15/8)        David Howell (19/10)   
    14:10        David Higgins (11/8)        Peter Whiteford (7/4)        Duncan Stewart (2)   
    14:10        Fabrizio Zanotti (6/4)        Oliver Fisher (7/4)        Roope Kakko (3)   
    14:20        Chris Doak (11/10)        Francois Calmels (7/4)        Dermot McElroy (11/4)   
    14:20        Matthew Nixon (11/8)        Edouard Dubois (13/8)        Mark Staunton (9/4)   
    14:30        Jorge Campillo (11/10)        Richard Bland (6/5)        Brendan Mcgovern (9/2)   
    14:30        Johan Carlsson (5/6)        Andrew McArthur (9/4)        Robert Cannon (11/4)   
Report pa lapsy June 19, 2014 10:05 AM BST
Hope ye are all looking forward to a great weeks golf set in the greatest county in the world.
Followed the Lowry backers ew and also a small ew on Kerry native David Higgins for top Irish at 80,s.
GL all.
Report Dan Chipowski June 19, 2014 11:13 AM BST
Bit of a horror start for Rory, +3 thru 13.
Report Kelly June 19, 2014 11:32 AM BST
Your cheek by jowl neighbours might dispute that claim  ,pa , but there are not too many of them population wise compared with Cork . Rory out for a stroll in the  cool of an Irish morning ?
Report pa lapsy June 19, 2014 11:42 AM BST
Only ball hopping(a bit) Kelly and to be fair they have a claim, have put my few bob on a Kerryman and pending on his performance i may upgrade that Countys status to one of nearly equal.
See on the main golf forum Rory didn,t get his clubs sent over from America when he himself arrived,if he wasn,t reunited with them i,d say it is a fierce handicap, did look tired to me in an earlier interview in any case.
Report callitasucit June 19, 2014 11:46 AM BST
He got them back alright Pa. Shot a 62 in the Pro Am yesterday. Shocking display today. Irons and putting nothing short of brutal.
Report workrider June 19, 2014 11:48 AM BST
Not looking great is he , way out of sorts by the look of things , hope for the crowds sake he gets it together...
Report Kelly June 19, 2014 11:58 AM BST
The "affiliation " issue may have weighed on Rory , certainly would have put me off backing him .  Might just be a write off this week . Anyone could win this on what I have seen so far .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 19, 2014 1:40 PM BST
***  "Travelers" Championship ***

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW....

http://travelerschampionship.com/

SIX of the last EIGHT years
- a ‘first-time winner on TOUR’ has won the Travelers Championship including the last four winners…..

2013 Ken Duke (his first win on the PGA TOUR in his 187th start - 69,68,65,66).
2012 Marc Leishman (another ‘first win on TOUR’ and also fifth time an ‘International Player’ had won the tournament in the then 61 year history.
2011 FREDDY JACOBSEN (his first PGA TOUR victory). Stan Jimmy’s 50/1 says he may go close again but I doubt it.
2010 Bubba Watson (bookies say he’ll be the 7th multiple of this event with a quote of 12/1 but not for me in round one).

Kenny Perry (2009),Stewart Cink (2008, 1997), Hunter Mahan (2007), J.J. Henry (2006), Brad Faxon (2005),
Woody Austin (2004), Peter Jacobsen (2003), Phil Mickelson (2001 & 2002)

TPC River Highlands, Cromwell, Connecticut (10 miles south of Hartford).

Course opened in 1928 and has been the venue for the Travelers Championship (formerly known as the Greater Hartford Open and The Buick Championship) since 1984.
The course was redesigned by Pete Dye in 1982 with a further upgrade being done by Howard Twitty and Roger Malthie in 1989.
Another Par 70 this week (6,841 yards) which is usually one of the easiest on TOUR.
The most notable stretch is Nos. 15-17 which play around a four-acre lake. The 16th Hole is a very tough Par 3, while the 420yd 17th Hole, ranks among the toughest holes on the Tour.

Formerly known as the Greater Hartford Open and then the Buick Championship from 2004 to 2006,
The inaugural 'Travelers Championship' winner from 2007 and all time Travelers earnings prize money leader Hunter Mahan is teeing it up this week
(40’s may be about to go - forgive him for the 'wrong ball' issue last week).

The 2008 winner Stewart Cink got his first PGA TOUR victory at this tournament during his rookie year in 1997, and joins the elite company of just five other players who had had multiple wins at Connecticut’s PGA TOUR event- Billy Casper (1963, 1965, 1968, 1973), Arnold Palmer (1956, 1960), Peter Jacobsen (1984, 2003), Paul Azinger (1987, 1989) and Phil Mickelson (2001, 2002).

The Travelers attracts one of the largest (and loudest) bunch of yanks on TOUR, outside of the majors, so a noisy week awaits (IN THE HOLE BUBBA !!!).....
I’ll take Brendon de Jonge 55/1  with B365 or Andrew Svoboda 100/1 to open their account on TOUR and pocket their first winners cheque of $1.116 million.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 19, 2014 1:46 PM BST
'Travellers' TEE TIMES for later...

13:20        Tim Wilkinson (11/10)        Daniel Chopra (5/2)        Paul Goydos (5/2)   
    13:20        Chris Stroud (6/5)        Greg Chalmers (2)        Tag Ridings (5/2)   
    13:30        Aaron Baddeley (7/4)        Morgan Hoffmann (7/4)        Ryo Ishikawa (2)   
    13:30        Nicholas Thompson (13/10)        Steve Marino (21/10)        Vaughn Taylor (9/4)   
    13:40        Bud Cauley (10/11)        Alex Aragon (23/10)        Sebastian Saavedra (3)   
    13:40        Luke Guthrie (20/19)        Tim Petrovic (5/2)        David Duval (11/4)   
    13:50        John Peterson (7/5)        Bobby WyatT (21/10)        Jamie Lovemark (21/10)   
    13:50        Scott Gardiner (13/8)        Wes Roach (17/10)        Bronson LaCassie (2)   
    14:00        Andrew Loupe (6/4)        Adam Rainaud (7/4)        Doug LaBelle (2)   
    14:00        Hudson Swafford (6/4)        Oliver Goss (6/4)        Kevin Foley (5/2)   
    17:00        Troy Merritt (6/4)        Greg Owen (13/8)        Dicky Pride (13/5)   
    17:00        Michael Putnam (7/5)        Spencer Levin (13/8)        Matt Bettencourt (13/5)   
    17:10        Fredrik Jacobson (1)        Chad Campbell (9/4)        Scott Mccarron (4)   
    17:10        Brian Davis (7/5)        Ricky Barnes (15/8)        Joe Durant (5/2)   
    17:20        Brian Stuard (6/4)        Jeff Maggert (7/4)        Jim Renner (9/4)   
    17:20        James Hahn (8/5)        John Rollins (2)        William Mcgirt (2)   
    17:30        KJ Choi (11/8)        Sang-Moon Bae (12/5)        Jonathan Byrd (5/2)   
    17:30        Ted Potter (13/8)        Jhonattan Vegas (15/8)        Mark Wilson (2)   
    17:40        Michael Thompson (6/4)        Stuart Appleby (15/8)        Kyle Stanley (5/2)   
    17:40        Nick Watney (13/8)        Tommy Gainey (2)        Vijay Singh (21/10)   
    17:50        Ryan Moore (17/10)        Harris English (2)        Marc Leishman (2)   
    17:50        Matt Kuchar (5/4)        Dustin Johnson (7/5)        Ken Duke (9/2)   
    18:00        Brandt Snedeker (7/5)        Jonas Blixt (15/8)        Chesson Hadley (11/4)   
    18:00        Sergio Garcia (6/4)        Zach Johnson (9/5)        Patrick Reed (5/2)   
    18:10        Bo Van Pelt (8/5)        Scott Langley (2)        Shawn Stefani (9/4)   
    18:10        Andrew Svoboda (6/4)        Thorbjorn Olesen (13/8)        Briny Baird (7/2)   
    18:20        Andres Romero (6/4)        Charlie Wi (6/4)        John Daly (3)   
    18:20        Camilo Villegas (1)        John Mallinger (23/10)        Billy Mayfair (3)   
    18:30        Brian Harman (6/4)        Jerry Kelly (7/4)        Tim Herron (11/4)   
    18:30        Brooks Koepka (6/5)        David Lingmerth (11/5)        Ryuji Imada (7/2)   
    18:40        Jason Allred (13/8)        Brad Fritsch (15/8)        Tyrone Van Aswegen (21/10)   
    18:40        Patrick Rodgers (13/8)        Patrick Cantlay (13/8)        Kevin Tway (9/4)   
    18:50        Benjamin Alvarado (17/10)        Edward Loar (17/10)        Bobby Gates (9/4)   
    18:50        Peter Malnati (13/8)        Miguel Angel Carballo (15/8)        Marc Turnesa (11/5)   
    19:00        Alex Prugh (13/8)        Jim Herman (9/5)        Cameron Wilson (2)   
    19:00        Will Wilcox (6/4)        Joey Garber (17/10)        Justin Bolli (21/10)   
Report callitasucit June 19, 2014 7:34 PM BST
The big names didn't have a great day down in Cork. Marcel Siem had a superb back 9, and I think its quite strange he is not favourite after round one. Maybe the jet lag and tiredness that seemed to effect some arrivals from Pinehurst, might still drag the German down too, but as it stands the 11 available on here is an excellent price. I would make him 7-1 fav.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 19, 2014 7:44 PM BST
And again...

Hunter Mahan 60/1
Brendon De Jonge 70/1
Andrew Svoboda 100/1
ALSO
Patrick Rodgers 175/1
James Hahn 150/1
Brice Garnett 200/1
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 19, 2014 7:56 PM BST
RORY +3 still wins it imho (33/1 - with 4 places for insurance)

HOPE HE KEEPS HIS MIND OFF Eastbourne (WOS 5/2)..... an apt double too Devil 

Up towards the top I want HOEY, McDOWELL and CASEY in the last few groups on sunny Sunday.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 19, 2014 10:57 PM BST
DAY 2 tee times at the *** IRISH OPEN ***

07:30        Jeev-Milkha Singh (6/4)        Kevin Phelan (8/5)        Thomas Levet (5/2)   
    07:40        Marcel Siem (13/8)        Alvaro Quiros (11/5)        Michael Hoey (12/5)   
    07:40        Robert Rock (13/8)        Eddie Pepperell (17/10)        Soren Kjeldsen (3)   
    07:50        Graeme Mcdowell (6/4)        Paul Casey (19/10)        Shane Lowry (5/2)   
    08:00        Julien Quesne (11/10)        Marco Crespi (12/5)        Daniel Brooks (13/5)   
    08:00        Pablo Larrazabal (11/8)        Branden Grace (2)        Paul Mcginley (11/4)   
    08:10        Robert Karlsson (1)        Mikael Lundberg (5/2)        Peter Lawrie (3)   
    08:10        Danny Willett (11/10)        Scott Jamieson (9/4)        Daniel Im (10/3)   
    08:20        Alejandro Canizares (7/4)        Raphael Jacquelin (7/4)        Gareth Maybin (5/2)   
    08:20        Anders Hansen (11/10)        Steve Webster (21/10)        Patrik Sjoland (7/2)   
    08:30        Chris Wood (11/8)        Felipe Aguilar (9/4)        Morten Orum Madsen (5/2)   
    08:40        David Horsey (11/8)        Maximilian Kieffer (2)        Paul Waring (5/2)   
    08:40        Richie Ramsay (11/8)        Ricardo Gonzalez (15/8)        Simon Wakefield (3)   
    09:00        Gregory Havret (15/8)        Anthony Wall (19/10)        Craig Lee (5/2)   
    09:00        Marc Warren (7/4)        David Howell (15/8)        Eduardo De La Riva (2)   
    09:10        Fabrizio Zanotti (7/5)        Oliver Fisher (19/10)        Roope Kakko (11/4)   
    12:30        Adrien Saddier (11/8)        Jack Doherty (15/8)        Victor Riu (15/8)   
    12:30        Gregory Bourdy (13/10)        Darren Fichardt (11/8)        Garrick Porteous (9/2)   
    12:40        Justin Walters (5/4)        Richard Finch (5/4)        Joachim B Hansen (5)   
    12:40        Tommy Fleetwood (15/8)        Matthew Fitzpatrick (2)        Paul Lawrie (2)   
    12:50        Hennie Otto (7/4)        Richard Green (7/4)        Tyrell Hatton (12/5)   
    12:50        Rory McIlroy (5/4)        Stephen Gallacher (5/2)        Padraig Harrington (3)   
    13:00        Ross Fisher (7/5)        Matteo Manassero (17/10)        Darren Clarke (10/3)   
    13:00        Gary Stal (11/10)        Robert Dinwiddie (5/2)        Tjaart Van Der Walt (5/2)   
    13:10        James Morrison (11/8)        Nacho Elvira (11/8)        Andreas Harto (11/4)   
    13:10        Mikko Ilonen (7/5)        Rafa Cabrera-Bello (6/4)        Jose-Maria Olazabal (9/2)   
    13:20        Alexander Levy (6/4)        Soren Hansen (24/13)        Damien Mcgrane (11/4)   
    13:20        Jbe Kruger (6/4)        Simon Khan (7/4)        Stephen Dodd (15/8)   
    13:30        Adam Gee (11/8)        Lee Slattery (11/8)        Cian McNamara (11/4)   
    13:30        Simon Dyson (5/4)        Brett Rumford (23/10)        Simon Thornton (11/4)   
    13:40        Romain Wattel (11/8)        Edoardo Molinari (6/4)        Gaganjeet Bhullar (4)   
    13:40        Ricardo Santos (13/8)        Graeme Storm (2)        Jake Roos (2)   
    13:50        Brinson Paolini (11/10)        John Kelly (15/8)        Jamie McLeary (5/2)   
    13:50        Mikko Korhonen (6/5)        Wade Ormsby (6/5)        Wen-Yi Huang (4)   
    14:00        Mark Foster (6/4)        Stuart Manley (6/4)        Mike Miller (9/4)   
    14:00        Scott Henry (5/6)        James Heath (6/4)        Daniel Sugrue (5)   
    14:10        Estanislao Goya (4/6)        John Hahn (15/8)        Eamonn Brady (5)   
    14:10        Jens Dantorp (11/10)        Gary Hurley (2)        Alexandre Kaleka (9/4)   
    14:20        Matthew Baldwin (1)        Andy Sullivan (7/4)        Li Hao-tong (3)   
    14:20        Tom Lewis (10/11)        Carlos Del Moral (5/2)        Ruaidhri McGee (16/5)   
    14:30        Sihwan Kim (10/11)        Jason Knutzon (21/10)        Gareth Shaw (11/4)   
    14:30        Shiv Kapur (7/4)        Thomas Pieters (7/4)        Gavin Moynihan (9/4)   
Report callitasucit June 20, 2014 12:05 AM BST
Mikael Lundberg is worthy of support in tomorrow mornings 3 ball. Robert Karlsson had a good day today, but rarely puts two together these days, yet is evens for this and makes the market. Lundberg, a recent winner, played well today, with just one bogey but holed little. Peter Lawrie cant be discounted, but I would have Lundberg fav, and 5-2 is an excellent price.

4pts Mikael Lundberg 5-2 Friday 3 ball
Report db1974 June 20, 2014 11:03 AM BST
Marcel Siem giving it all back today anyway Cry
Report callitasucit June 20, 2014 11:07 AM BST
Yeah, the boll*x went in water twice on short par 3. Tournament buster.
Report frank60 June 20, 2014 12:46 PM BST
Great crowds for a friday, i have Gareth maybin at a big price for a fiver still there, as for the rest Divine Intervention may be required .
Report frank60 June 20, 2014 12:49 PM BST
g mac playing great but surely a lay at 3.8 at the early stage.
Report callitasucit June 20, 2014 2:42 PM BST
Thankfully Lundberg softened the blow of a suicide round from Siem. Karlsson went belly up, shooting 5 over. He is worth keeping an eye on, and opposing in similar situations in the future.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 20, 2014 3:02 PM BST
POD -3 today (-6 total) thru8.

HOEY only level par today (got it to -6, then 3 bogeys ffs to finish)...expect a big w/end.

GMAC in with one of the better rounds of the day -5 ....should go on and WIN from here ?

Only 3 players better at -6 today, although Matty FITZ is makin a big move !
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 20, 2014 3:08 PM BST
Looks like RORY & WOS are both losers today Devil
Report callitasucit June 20, 2014 11:41 PM BST
Anders Hansen is a superb bet at 4-5 in tomorrows 2 ball. His opponent Sihwan Kim is not used to playing in the latter pairings at the weekend, and has generally struggled when making the cut, breaking 70 only once in 8 Saturday outings.

Hansen is a seasoned competitor who is very likely to produce his usual solid game, backed up by the fact he has broke 70 on 3 of his last 4 Saturdays. More like a 4-9 shot in my book.

8pts Anders Hansen 4-5 Saturday 2 ball.
Report Ozymandius June 21, 2014 2:55 PM BST
Looking good callit....Hansen 8 shots better through 14..well done.
Report frank60 June 21, 2014 3:06 PM BST
The best I COULD GET WAS 1.71 CALLIT, LOOKS GOOD TY
Report callitasucit June 21, 2014 3:52 PM BST
Yeah, it was all over barring accidents very early. Only reeling the outright losses back though!!
Report frank60 June 21, 2014 5:38 PM BST
i still have an outside chance with maybin and s khan at big prices but iionen looks the winner.
Report callitasucit June 21, 2014 8:48 PM BST
Mikko Ilonen is certainly worth backing at 6-5 in tomorrows final pairing against Danny Willet. Ilonen showed his battling qualities overcoming a mid round stumble today, and retains the tournament lead. Willett shot a superb round to get himself into contention from nowhere.

Ilonen knows how to win, has performed admirably and won from a final paring before. Willett has none of that in his CV. It is historically very hard to back up such a low round with anything even close, under par would be good.

There is absolutely no logic in Willett being fav, and Ilonen rates a decent wager at 6-5.

5pts Mikko Ilonen 6-5 Sunday 2 ball
Report frank60 June 21, 2014 10:02 PM BST
LITTLE OR NO market on betfair callit, wheres the 6/5 ty
Report Ozymandius June 21, 2014 10:06 PM BST
http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/the-irish-open/mikko-ilonen-v-danny-willett/winner

t0te, betfr£d, betv and lads.
Report callitasucit June 21, 2014 10:06 PM BST
Ladbrokes, Betvictor, Betfred, Totesport.
Report workrider June 21, 2014 10:38 PM BST
I followed Willett today for a couple of holes , a very determined sort of fellow , asks his caddy a lot of the time re putts , strangely he had a putt for birdie on the 16th , but the tv guys decided his playing partner's putt was more important , and left before he putted ...Also followed Mc Dowell for his first couple of holes , He was very relaxed even though there was a lot of noise from young children , I'm talking from babies in prams to 5 and 6y olds running amok ...He took it all in his stride ..Wouldn't be to surprised if Willett hung around for most of the final round tomorrow....
Report frank60 June 22, 2014 12:01 AM BST
Four men played a round of golf one day.

Three of them headed off to the first tee, while the fourth went into the clubhouse to take care of the bill.

The three men started talking, and as men so often do, began bragging about their sons.

The first man told the others, “my son is a homebuilder and he is so successful that he gave a friend a new home for free.”

The second man said, “My son was a car salesman and now he owns a multi-line dealership. He’s so successful that he gave a friend a new Mercedes, fully loaded too.”

The third man, not wanting to be outdone, bragged, “My son is a stockbroker and he’s doing so well that he gave his friend an entire stock portfolio.”

The fourth man joined them on the tee a few minutes later, having taken care of the bill.

The first man mentioned to him, “We were just talking about our sons. How is yours doing?”

The fourth man replied, “Well, my son is gay, and dances in a gay bar. I’m not totally thrilled about this, but he must be doing well. His last three boyfriends gave him a house, a brand new Mercedes and a stock portfolio.
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 3:19 AM BST
I would be surprised WR.
Report workrider June 22, 2014 12:32 PM BST
LaughFrank , Norman will not doubt have been one of the recipients ...Laugh
Report workrider June 22, 2014 12:34 PM BST
Callit , I think you might be surprised , although I fully understand were you are coming from  , re him not having the necessary experience ..He had that steely look of a winner about him yesterday...
Report workrider June 22, 2014 12:49 PM BST
I have laid Willett @ 5.3 Callit , but were I obviously hope he doesn't win today , I ' sure he'll keep me on the edge of my seat before I collect my few bob...
Report huddys June 22, 2014 12:55 PM BST
Backed Ilonen 2/1 and Moore in America at 15/8 in a double for the interest for today,
Report workrider June 22, 2014 1:10 PM BST
Good luck with that one Huddys...
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 1:46 PM BST
Backed Ilonen at 5-2 myself Huddys, though main bet was the 2 ball.

Hope you collect your double!! If Moore putts even averagely he should win. Been shocking all week, yet still leads. He only holed 32ft of putts yesterday, unbelievable, holed absolutely nothing of any note. Only holed one birdie putt, and that only 5ft. Suppose it could go either way, if he plays as well tee to green and putts better...he wins. If his tee to green game deteriorates and his putting doesn't improve....he wont.

I hope its the former!!
Report frank60 June 22, 2014 2:15 PM BST
Looking good for llonen 1.5 as i write, some nice preforemences by some of the not irish household names, maybe Rory is not a cert to get his place on the Irish team come brazil timeGrin
Report frank60 June 22, 2014 2:15 PM BST
Looking good for llonen 1.5 as i write, some nice preforemences by some of the not irish household names, maybe Rory is not a cert to get his place on the Irish team come brazil timeGrin
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 2:25 PM BST
Two miracle pars for Willett on 7 & 8. Pup!!

Ricky Barnes looks a good bet at 6-5 in his 2 ball Stateside. He should certainly be favourite against the limited Justin Hicks, and has quite frequently produced excellent final rounds when out of contention, and I think anything under par will suffice today.

4pts Ricky Barnes 6-5 Sunday 2 ball.

Unlucky Ilonen,.....thought that inSad
Report workrider June 22, 2014 2:28 PM BST
He has that  Steely look as I told you Callit.....
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 2:41 PM BST
Still don't expect him to really challenge though. But a great result for him from them 3 holes. Could just as easy played them in 3 over par. He is holing out very well, needs to drive a lot better.

Did you not go today WR? Great crowd.
Report workrider June 22, 2014 2:43 PM BST
No enough yesterday , course was in great shape...
Report workrider June 22, 2014 2:45 PM BST
That woman's voice would do your head in..
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 2:46 PM BST
Who's that? You watching RTE?
Report huddys June 22, 2014 2:58 PM BST
Willett was very lucky there,
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 3:03 PM BST
He was indeed.

G Mac putting has been very poor. But you get the feeling if he could hole one, he could follow up with a few more.

I see Donegal are struggling against Antrim. Think Kilkenny are a great bet on the handicap against Galway at 10-11 minus 3.
Report workrider June 22, 2014 3:21 PM BST
Switched to sky Callit ..How do they get the gigs...
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 3:51 PM BST
Would have preferred Willett to miss that par putt!! Be worried if Ilonen has two shot lead coming down the last, he might play conservatively. Would get the job done tournament wise, but could result in draw on the 2 ball. Which I'm sure he couldn't give a f*ck about!!
Report workrider June 22, 2014 3:53 PM BST
Willett , will find these last few holes hard , this is were experience counts , but in racing parlance ,he's one for the notebook Callit...
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 4:01 PM BST
Maybe RR will stick him in!! Done better than I though so far, but hasn't really grabbed the bull by the horns either. Pretty dull day by enlarge....hope it stays that way!!
Report frank60 June 22, 2014 4:06 PM BST
Just heared that the irish open is the 2nd best attendence wise on the euro tour   [fota 100,000 for the 4 days] only the open has a bigger attendence, not bad for a small nation.Wink
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 4:17 PM BST
Jesus if Ilonen f*cks away this 2 ball.....
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 4:26 PM BST
I would take Willett out of that notebook WR! Terrible putt on the last when it counted. Bit close for comfort there.
Report huddys June 22, 2014 4:26 PM BST
Well done Callitasucit the two ball was never in dangerShocked,now Moore lets get the job done later,
Report workrider June 22, 2014 4:40 PM BST
Laugh...Well done mate , told you he'd hang around..
Report frank60 June 22, 2014 4:44 PM BST
WELL DONE CALLIT,
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 4:59 PM BST
Cheers.....hope you played Frank!

Yeah, I was surprised he stayed around so long WR. Though from the top 17 players, he was one of only two who didn't break par. So from a two ball point of view, he was very beatable. Would have been pretty disgusted if Ilonen had contrived to lose it.

Hopefully Moore can do the business tonight. To be honest I don't have a whole lot of faith in him. He may need help from others along the way. Though looking at the challengers, that is quite possible. Early putts will be key, if he can hole 10ft bird/par putt early, it would set him up nicely.

Nice start from Barnes in 2 ball.
Report frank60 June 22, 2014 5:40 PM BST
i did callit for a score,ty
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 6:45 PM BST
With none of the 8 or 9 unders getting off to blistering starts, the current 3.55 looks big on Moore doing the business. Unless Sergio lights it up, a 2 under round might suffice.
Report huddys June 22, 2014 7:01 PM BST
What do you think the winning score will be?-16?
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 7:37 PM BST
16 should get a playoff anyway.
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 7:58 PM BST
3 3putts in the first 4 holes for Moore. Top 5 in danger at this rate.

Thankfully Barnes closed out the 2 ball after a late scare.
Report callitasucit June 22, 2014 10:59 PM BST
Moore some gobs*ite. Finally learns how to putt when the horse has well and truly bolted. A mere 2 under would have got a playoff. Shocking effort. Thank God for the 2 ball results this wk, the outrights were very poor.

Very confident about next weekGrin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com