Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frankalsoran60
24 Mar 14 18:21
| Topic/replies: 1,462 | Blogger: frankalsoran60's blog
UN DE SCEAUX, unbeaten in seven starts and one of the Willie Mullins stable stars who bypassed the Cheltenham Festival, will bid to make it six from six over hurdles this weekend after his trainer on Monday confirmed him a runner in the Group 3 Prix Hypothese at Auteuil on Saturday.

The winner of two French bumpers over a mile and a half before joining Ireland's champion jumps trainer, Un De Sceaux has posted wide-margin victories in small-field contests three times in Ireland this season.

The six-year-old achieved his most recent success at Gowran Park last month when scoring by 16 lengths from two rivals in the Grade 2 Red Mills Trial Hurdle, a bloodless victory which did leave connections contemplating a crack at the Champion Hurdle.

Mullins said: "The Auteuil race looks a suitable opportunity for Un De Sceaux. He will be stepping up in distance to just short of two and a half miles but the trip shouldn't be a problem for him, and he should get the soft ground he likes."
Show More
Report silvergreaser March 24, 2014 5:26 PM GMT
Ah well they tried to make the vastly overrated Hurricane Fly into another Istabraq, we all know now that a fully fledged Istabraq woud have that pretender for breakfast.
Report frankalsoran60 March 24, 2014 5:38 PM GMT
A little bit hard SILVER.. EVEN ISTABAQ WAS PULLED UP IN THE CHAMPION HURDLE.Plain
Report neill d March 24, 2014 5:51 PM GMT
As he is French bred, I think (but I am not sure) that he will get a premium on top of his prize-money for winning graded races over there. That must surely be the sweetener that is in this as in all honesty, no one really cares about French National Hunt racing here.

If he doesn't show up at Punchestown having won the grade 1 there last season, it will be a travesty. Hope to God they arent thinking of running him over 3 miles in the French Champion, Auteil is supposed to be very dodgy ground wise, as in dangerous. They won't risk Annie Power on it and Thousand Stars looks a light of former years. It would be desperate to see the guts torn out of this fella over 3 miles, he'd probably win it if he settled and handled the obstacles, though. They go slow there.
Report silvergreaser March 24, 2014 5:53 PM GMT
frank come on?, did you see his 3 demolition jobs, or maybe 4 without foot ad mouth.
Report richters March 24, 2014 6:11 PM GMT
sil in all fairness theatreworld never set the hurdling world alight......
Report silvergreaser March 24, 2014 6:13 PM GMT
Rihters Istabraqs victim won the one he was pulled up in did he not?
Report Bigwillystyle March 24, 2014 6:38 PM GMT
Istrabraq beat f eck all when u look back on it. Now u can say that Threatrworld picked up the pieces in those races but like the Fly they didn't beat much. Old Silver looks back with fondness and over time the performances seem to improve in his head by 6-7 pounds a year.
Report silvergreaser March 24, 2014 6:42 PM GMT
Looks like Hurricane Flys victims can of course stand the test of time, "muck"
Report frankalsoran60 March 24, 2014 6:46 PM GMT
THE FLY did well to win 2 champion hurdles on a track that did,nt suit him silver, i think Istabraq was the best hurdler iv seen, but saying the Fly was overated was a bit hard.
Report neill d March 24, 2014 7:00 PM GMT
The Fly that beat that ran in his Novice hurdle season would have pissed every Champion Hurdle of the last 10 years bar this year's renewal. He'd have been very competitive in it. Prime Binocular would also have warmed his tail.

Hurricane Fly missed out on Cheltenham during his prime, mark of the horse that he still managed to win two Champions. 2013's renewal was garbage, but the 2011 event looked very strong at the time. Donald mcCain subsequently messed up Peddlers Cross, something he seems to do with most good horses when ya think about it actually.
Report silvergreaser March 24, 2014 7:09 PM GMT
"All out" the words that sum up the Flys champion hurdle wins, Istabraq barely broke sweat to let them know he could go around again such was Istabraqs superiority.
Report DECALEC March 24, 2014 8:19 PM GMT
WHEN THE FLY GETS A BHA RATING OF 182 THEN U CAN COMPARE HIM TO ISTABRAQ FFS CHARLIE WILL BE CHOKING ON HIS COCOALaugh
Report frankalsoran60 March 28, 2014 11:30 PM GMT
i think UN DE SCEAUX could be a lay at 1.6 in the big race in  Group 3 P rix Hypothese at Auteuil on Saturday. he is up against some of france best stayers, he might just go off at evens or more on the france tote if you prefere to go that way.
Report MayoMan March 28, 2014 11:51 PM GMT
Istabraq was there to win the race but Theatreworld was the horse to win the money - Stable made a killing on him
Report Giant Strides March 29, 2014 7:41 AM GMT
neill d • March 24, 2014 5:51 PM GMT

If he doesn't show up at Punchestown having won the grade 1 there last season, it will be a travesty.

Surprised nobody pulled you up on that neill. His first ever graded win was last time out.
Report workrider March 29, 2014 9:26 AM GMT
Welcome back Giant ....Hope all's well...
Report CheltenhamRoar March 29, 2014 2:55 PM GMT
Another win
Report neill d March 29, 2014 3:01 PM GMT
Thought he won the Grade 1 novice 2 miler last season Giant, you're right of course, it was just a novice hurdle. Always had it in my head he'd won the Grade 1 novice there. I might tone it down a bit in that case as he has less experience than I thought.
Report workrider March 29, 2014 3:02 PM GMT
The jockey on the second , was caught napping imo , and that's not to take away from the winner...
Report frankalsoran60 March 29, 2014 3:05 PM GMT
I LAID HIM AT 1.6 HERE w.r. and backed him on the FRENCH TOTE..just hope he returns at evens or better,
Report kd109 March 29, 2014 3:09 PM GMT
Frank, where can you back on the PMU/French Tote?
Report paulie wallnuts March 29, 2014 3:10 PM GMT
silvergreaser and the other tool the gotchee should have a look at that race and see what a difference a jockey makes......the fella that rode the second should never again be allowed ride a horse......
Report KIMBLE March 29, 2014 3:10 PM GMT
what did the tote return frank?
Report workrider March 29, 2014 3:13 PM GMT
Feck me , me and Paulie in agreement again....Shocked
Report workrider March 29, 2014 3:15 PM GMT
Hope the tote pays more for you Frank , a good ploy betting a foreign horse against their own , as i said hope it pays off for you...
Report frankalsoran60 March 29, 2014 3:26 PM GMT
he retuned at 2.2 W.R,...p.p gave me the french tote price kd 109.....allways a good bet the french like to stick to the own horsesHappy
Report CheltenhamRoar March 29, 2014 3:29 PM GMT
This just proves what an idiot mullins was not running uds on the CH.
Report workrider March 29, 2014 3:35 PM GMT
Well done  Frank , smart play there....
Report frankalsoran60 March 29, 2014 3:37 PM GMT
approx .5 of a difference W.R. A BET TO NOTHING.
Report stan246 March 29, 2014 3:39 PM GMT

Mar 29, 2014 -- 10:29AM, CheltenhamRoar wrote:

This just proves what an idiot mullins was not running uds on the CH.

Ground! 'very soft'. No

Report silvergreaser March 29, 2014 3:43 PM GMT
Roar he wanted nothing to get in the way of the overrated Hurricane Fly  getting immortality by winning 3 champion hurdles especially not one of his own.

Anyway the owners could of put their foot down, but who are they to question national hunt racings chosen ones?
Report CheltenhamRoar March 29, 2014 3:45 PM GMT
Exactly silver,Hard to believe the owners didn't get the final say,
He'd have won half the track over 2 miles today.
Report silvergreaser March 29, 2014 3:49 PM GMT
Agree roar had a pretty decent field hard at it from a long way out.
Report kd109 March 29, 2014 4:39 PM GMT
Thanks Frank, last time I asked PP for PMU was told they no longer take it. Good value on UK/IRE runners in France on the tote is right! Nice play.
Report Giant Strides March 30, 2014 7:47 PM BST
I know I've made the same mistake before neill. Easily done when the goggles are on! Laugh Good horse.

All good thanks wr. I check in from time to time to see who you're annoying nowadays!!! Silly
Report workrider March 31, 2014 11:49 AM BST
Laugh
Report CheltenhamRoar June 8, 2014 3:31 PM BST
Gemix franks the form Tongue Out
Report frankalsoran60 June 8, 2014 4:05 PM BST
the winner was very impressive. also his best trip.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com