Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ozymandius
03 Mar 14 15:06
| Topic/replies: 18,108 | Blogger: Ozymandius's blog
For those that didn't catch it in today's Irish Times;

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/cheltenham-preview-nights-a-bluffer-s-guide-to-guiding-bluffers-1.1709932
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham Preview Nights - A...
Show More
Report frankalsoran60 March 3, 2014 5:21 PM GMT
tis the season. For half-heard whispers and good things drawn and quartered. For done-nothing-wrongs and wouldn’t-swap-him-anyways, for out-with-the-washings and wouldn’t-back-it-with-buttons. Forests of masts groaning under the weight of colours nailed.
Yep, it’s Cheltenham preview night time. The three weeks from mid-February to early March when men gather in half-lit rooms ostensibly to scour for information about the upcoming festivities in Prestbury Park. Or that’s the idea anyway....   have to say it brought a smile to my face OZY, I was at a preview in the Russel hotal last week and i could identify with some of the above.Grin
Report frankalsoran60 March 3, 2014 5:21 PM GMT
tis the season. For half-heard whispers and good things drawn and quartered. For done-nothing-wrongs and wouldn’t-swap-him-anyways, for out-with-the-washings and wouldn’t-back-it-with-buttons. Forests of masts groaning under the weight of colours nailed.
Yep, it’s Cheltenham preview night time. The three weeks from mid-February to early March when men gather in half-lit rooms ostensibly to scour for information about the upcoming festivities in Prestbury Park. Or that’s the idea anyway....   have to say it brought a smile to my face OZY, I was at a preview in the Russel hotal last week and i could identify with some of the above.Grin
Report paddywhacker1970 March 3, 2014 5:30 PM GMT
Whatever about going to one of these for the craic, I don't know how anyone can take them seriously after what Russell said after winning on Tiger Cry a few years ago.
Report Distant View March 3, 2014 5:43 PM GMT
Jessie comments about Spirit Leader were better in the Submarine Bar when she said the mare was working very well and was spot on for Cheltenham.
Report frankalsoran60 March 3, 2014 5:48 PM GMT
The injured jockeys fund was the recipient of the russel hotel night Paddy...and if you did,nt fancy the info givin by the panel P.P. gave the following bets BIG BUCKS 3/1, HURRICAN FLY 4/1,AND BOBS WORTH 3/1. [ p.p a/c holders] not bad m8.Grin
Report Distant View March 3, 2014 5:51 PM GMT
Can easily see Big Bucks being that price on the day or very close to it.

It would not make any appeal either.
Report frankalsoran60 March 3, 2014 6:03 PM GMT
i would be surprised if B.B. went of at 3/1 D,V. sentimentally and all that, RUBY was P.P guest of honour today and he said that A.POWER should stay . RUBY was very keen on Brier hill for the AL/barlett
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com