Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ozymandius
24 Dec 13 17:20
| Topic/replies: 18,108 | Blogger: Ozymandius's blog
Carols from King's College, Cambridge.  6.15PM BBC2.  Quite magnificent, not to be missed.

It's not Christmas till you hear that first solo 'Once in Royal David's City

Order of Service can be found here;

http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/files/services/festival-nine-lessons-2013.pdf
Pause Switch to Standard View God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Show More
Report tony57 December 24, 2013 5:28 PM GMT
what utter nonsense..religion around xmas..total hypocrisy..churches of the world have more money than sense including owning money lending firms..e.g. church of England ..have money in Wonga..who feed off the misery of the poor...please accept my apologies if I offend anyone..who actually believes in god..but im glad im a atheist..and a humanist..
Report Ozymandius December 24, 2013 5:32 PM GMT
I know what you are saying, Tony. 

These Jesus people have really hijacked Xmas, why can't they just let us have a good time in peace?
Report Vubiant December 24, 2013 5:46 PM GMT
Christmas proper kicks off for me when I hear  Leontyne Price singing O Holy Night and Silent Night with Herbert Von Karajan conducting the Berlin Philharmonic.
Also on the list of unmissable Christmas aural fareis the Wexford Carol which has such a tang of the Middle Ages.
Two beautiful versions are those  by Alison Krauss and by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Do yourself a favour -get them on youtube when you have a quiet moment.

'' ...let this be (my) epitaph -the only proof he needed for the existence of God was music'' - Kurt Vonnegut
Report neill d December 24, 2013 11:57 PM GMT
Have a good one lads, wouldn't mean a damn thing to myself apart from the jar and seeing how the odd gorilla from school is making out. 2 exams and a mountain of 12 hour days for myself in January.....and the best thing about Christmas would be that it is separating me from that. Still, I enjoy this place through the year and would not discuss betting anywhere else.

Briefly on the actual thread topic, it can be admired for what it is.
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 10:55 PM BST
Report Nogoody April 16, 2019 12:57 PM BST
Thanks Vubiant, had a little bit of Christmas this morning. Enthralling.
Report Vubiant April 17, 2019 4:37 PM BST
Couldn't resist dropping in -lured by the enigmatic title.
Happy Easter Nogoody  and all forumites ...living ,dying , dead ,resurrected, reincarnated ....Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com