Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wildmanfromborneo
11 Nov 13 16:57
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
Delighted to see Kilcoo finally see off the whingers.

Crossmaglen beat them last year but still complained about the small County Down club,wonder what their moan will be this time.

I hope Kilcoo go on to win the Ulster title.
Pause Switch to Standard View Poetic Justice For Kilcoo
Show More
Report one last chance November 11, 2013 5:03 PM GMT
Well if you knew kilcoo and the amount of mouthing to opposing players  you wouldn't be so supprpotive of them
Report Kelly November 11, 2013 5:22 PM GMT
That reported incident last year died a death as far as I can recall .  News at time , and then radio silence .  Never followed up the outcome myself .

Well done to Kilcoo , they were Division 3 when I was involved heavily in GAA .  They had loads of under age ( undersized too ) teams at that stage , but no county standard players . Reckon that has changed , fair play to them , effort yields dividends .

Best club football I saw this year was the Kerry final , reckon the winners would beat most county teams outside the top 6 or so .
Report richters November 11, 2013 5:53 PM GMT
kilcoo have benefitted from a massive underage development over the last 10 years or so,will be a big ask to play 3 such competive games in 3 weeks as ballindery now await following a weeks rest...
Report one last chance November 11, 2013 6:05 PM GMT
Let's just say Kelly there has been other incidents that hasn't made the news and well known within the county
Report Kelly November 11, 2013 8:02 PM GMT
Not up to speed with current setups and club scene , one last chance , so cant comment re recent happenings . Used to be a fairly inhospitable venue , never sorry to be leaving , despite nearly always winning . Lots of potential rows were avoided , which we didn't experience at most other venues .   Thought things might have changed though , but only those on the ground would know for sure .
Report richters November 11, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
tg4 now
Report paulie wallnuts November 11, 2013 8:56 PM GMT
hardly the first time Wildman gave a speech about something he knows fukk all about.......politics......sport......cultural stuff......it doesn't matter......theres nothing he doesn't know......and as ye all know......hes never ever wrong......
Report workrider November 11, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
Glad to see you've finally got the message Nutty....
Report Puke Football Rules November 12, 2013 12:20 AM GMT
Cheers for your support wildman and richters! If you looked at the Down sections of the 2 main GAA forums you wouldnt have known there was a game on! No support from most of their neighbouring clubs. As for your comments one last chance, can you elaborate on the "incidents". I am aware of 1 comment made by 1 player during a game which was wrong - his own players told him at the time and he later went and made a personal apology. So no other team incl your own get involved in verbals! As for you Kelly you must have moved to another planet if you thought nothing came of last years incident! Kilcoo left the Cross comments on the field whilst others sprinted to the media. Fair play for all your wins when we were in Div 3 just give me a shout when "your " team reach Div 1. Last year Kelly we were "mountainy men" now we are "undersized" and you wonder about the bad reception you get.
Report Kelly November 12, 2013 1:42 AM GMT
Sorry if you feel ruffled feathers ,puke .  Maybe you should re read the posts . I was careful to post only facts as I remember them , viz there was a lot of "noise" last year , but as far as I know there was no outcome to the events . People were presumably left to draw any conclusion they wanted .  I drew none , hence my comment .

I was in Newry last Saturday night  at the charity  function ( Down 91 vs Meath 91 , where the full 91 team from Down togged out and played for most of the match ). In the course of 3 hours talking to all and sundry I did not hear Kilcoo mentioned once . I can echo your comments in your second line , viz you wouldn't have known there was a game ( replay ) on the next day involving the Down championship winners . People would have to put their own construction on that , I would not dare lest you would try to take me to task  Presumably there were Kilcoo people at that function , did not meet any though .

Kilcoo in the past were probably a matter of record , various adjectives would have been used to describe opposing teams feelings visiting there . None of our players enjoyed going there because they knew it was going to be niggle after niggle throughout the match , luckily we had a decent team then who were above being drawn into messy situations , but we always were glad to leave . Putting a construction on it , your ( presumably) players suffered from being physically smaller than us and trying to compensate with aggression  , thats how we viewed it and not sure we were wrong . And we had 5 county standard players then .  Thats fact from those days , hopefully things have evolved to a better place , I have no contact with Kilcoo since those days and my comments relate to those days , not present . The relative abilities of various teams in Down is of no interest to me  , I have not seen a club match in Down for 20 years approximately  . Not sure I have missed much judged on the counties record in that period despite above average county managers efforts .

In those days Kilcoo WERE a very small team , maybe genes and diet and evolution have changed that . But I can only call it as I knew it , and a good big un will always beat a good small one . I have no "team " as such nowadays , my involvement ceased largely approaching 20 years ago , and there has been a lot of water under a lot of bridges since , and football in Down has not progressed in those 20 years . Revisit some of my posts THROUGH THE YEARS re the abilities of our county players since those days , one or two players excepted . Maybe Kilcoo can help improve that , but only time will tell .

I would be indebted to you , puke , if you can fill in the blank spaces re last years incident  , I was not aware anything official happened after the initial furore concerning  alleged happenings in that match . Not that it kept me awake at night  , completely irrelevant to me other than how it might have affected our excellent county reputation island wide .

Delighted to see Kilcoo progressing , hope they can keep going .  Would not fancy them against the Kerry lads though if it comes to that .
Report Puke Football Rules November 12, 2013 9:46 AM GMT
No ruffled feathers Kelly couldnt be happier. Good detailed post and I think your point about Sat night is very relevant. The Kilcoo people were at the match not the function! The best example I can give you is in 2009 when we won the Championship with no county players - Shamrocks in Div 2 had 6 players in the county squad. There is still that us v them elitist attitude between club and county. With regard to last years incident lets just say there was various punishments given to the club. Good luck.
Report Kelly November 12, 2013 10:54 AM GMT
Find it strange ,puke , that there was little talk about Sunday on Saturday night last .  Would not sit well with me that , but I suppose every county has its own hang-ups ( even Kerry with all that talent) .  There used to be an east/ south "divide" in Down , the south Down people regarded the East Down players as softies , for no good reason .  In the 91 team the whole central fulcrum of the team was from East Down , viz Neil Collins in goal , Conor Deegan at full back , John Kelly ( playing 6 with a 5 on his back , marking Dowd ) , Eamonn Burns , Barry Breen , Greg Blaney , Peter Withnell .  Every one from East Down .  Hopefully that nailed the soft conception .

Did not hear any details re "last years " punishment , will make enquiries though , still have connections in the mix . Good luck next match !
Report freddiewilliams November 12, 2013 11:45 AM GMT
utm
Report oufies pal November 12, 2013 12:51 PM GMT
Independent.ie .Article by Declan Bouge 9/11/13.Worth a look Kelly, may fill in some of the gaps re. punishments.
Report Kelly November 12, 2013 1:18 PM GMT
OK oufies . Check it out after racing .
Report Puke Football Rules November 12, 2013 5:38 PM GMT
lol freddiewilliams they even accused us of shouting UVF/UDA chants.
Report Kelly November 12, 2013 9:35 PM GMT
Checked it out . One player and one spectator punished .  Thats that hopefully , missed it when it happened .

See Pete McGrath is off on his travels , down to the lakes and mist of Fermanagh . Pete didn't hang around on Saturday night last .  From Down minors to Fermanagh Seniors .Its a bit of a merry go round , Fermanagh dont seem to have any locals interested in the job ( or maybe up to the job ) . Cant say I have seen much talent rising in Fermanagh , and there seems to be a lack of ambition in their efforts recently . Dont see Pete in Croker next year  , Peter Canavan only did the 2 years , little progress , you cant get blood from a stone no matter how good a player you were or a manager you are .
Report Mordin. November 13, 2013 12:44 AM GMT
In extra time Kilcoo finished a useful 25 pass move to the net to finish off Crossmaglen. Jim  McCorry seems top coach. Worth watching on youtube when it goes up. Fermanagh champions Roslea have the best full forward line in Ulster club football in the Seamus and Sean Quigley. Think Glenswilly could have their fill of it. Though its hard to see Kilcoo or Balinderry not winning Ulster. Kilcoo if the game on Sunday doesn't come too quick.
Report Puke Football Rules November 15, 2013 6:08 PM GMT
One last Chance have you any information for me?
Report PHILthePOWER November 16, 2013 12:47 PM GMT

Nov 13, 2013 -- 12:44AM, Mordin. wrote:

In extra time Kilcoo finished a useful 25 pass move to the net to finish off Crossmaglen. Jim

Report PHILthePOWER November 16, 2013 12:51 PM GMT
In extra time Kilcoo finished a useful 25 pass move to the net to finish off Crossmaglen

Yes it was thing of beauty. Cant believe this did'nt get much more of a mention in the match reports. The best team goal I have ever seen in the GAA. They had the Cross lads running around like headless chickens so percise was their handpassing. Wonderful goal and all the anti-fist passing brigade just watch that goal to prove if its done right it can be wonderful viewing.

Cross will be a different force next year with Clarke, A Kernan, Morgan all back but Kilcoo much better over the 2 games (i was at both!) and fully deserve to go through. Tough 1 tomorrow against Balinderry but reckon they can do it.
Report one last chance November 16, 2013 3:57 PM GMT
On what puke ???
Report Puke Football Rules November 16, 2013 4:43 PM GMT
The "other incidents" that are well known throughout the county! you refer to in your post of 11 Nov. All well and good making negative comments but would like to know what you mean.
Report one last chance November 16, 2013 6:34 PM GMT
I d/Patrick for 1 I wudnt even put it up here
Report one last chance November 16, 2013 6:38 PM GMT
Put it like this you have to give kilcoo credit for the work they have done over the past ten years but them incidents shud not  have happened by the way was  the apology accepted
Report Kelly November 17, 2013 10:40 AM GMT
Having done a bit of research this week ( including a visit to my cousin who lives in Hilltown ) , confirmation that Kilcoo have changed since the days I experienced . Plenty of bunting etc all over the place down there , maybe they can continue their run .
Report Puke Football Rules November 17, 2013 5:15 PM GMT
Already said that on here one last chance. Well done Ballinderry by far the better team and had their work done on Kilcoo. Deserved winners and good luck in the final.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 17, 2013 8:35 PM GMT
I am disappointed for Kilcoo.

The authorities picked on a small club and demonised them,you then get local rivals putting in the boot making unsubstantiated allegations.

The County Down should have backed their gallant little club but I get the feeling they didnt.
Report one last chance November 17, 2013 8:46 PM GMT
Wildman talking crap about sum thing he knows nothing about again unsubstantiated allegations how come then puck came on and said the offender apologised if they were only allegations
Report one last chance November 17, 2013 8:48 PM GMT
Ohh and just wondering how the county board didn't back kilcoo sure the league final hasn't been played  what else cud they ahave done ???
Report wildmanfromborneo November 17, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
It was your unsubstantiated  allegations I was referring to.
Report Puke Football Rules November 18, 2013 8:10 PM GMT
So you were unable to provide any other "incidents" and have been found out. As I have already said shouldnt have happened but you want me to believe thats why you wont support Kilcoo. I couldnt give a toss if you did but dont come on here slabbering about Kilcoo. Have you nothing positive to say about your own club or are you waiting for a league final? With regard to the county board they could have put a case for the Ulster semi final to be delayed 1 week but then again why would they do anything to help us. Sure they have made a mockery out of your precious league over the last number of years! What they did do was put pressure on to play the league semi between ulster games and force us out of the U-20 Championship by not rearranging a fixture. Moreover this Championship should have been U-21 like all other counties in Ulster but we all know why this was. County board some players and officials should stick to Strictly because they have more chance of winning something than on the field. 20 years is a long time but sure as long as we are doing things the "Down Way" and a man getting paid £25k p/a for the pleasure!
Report paulie wallnuts November 18, 2013 8:12 PM GMT
who cares about some poxxy down football team.......down are a disgrace to the GAA......worst team to contest an all Ireland in the last 15 years.......
Report richters November 18, 2013 8:21 PM GMT
Ye would know a lot about down football paulie,stick to what ye know best and talk about the ballinasloe horse fair or something..
Report paulie wallnuts November 18, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
I know northern football is a load of old cobbs......and down are one of the lesser teams......
stick to the RA choir richters.......I hear u are singing beautifully at the moment......looks like all the practice is paying off.....whos the conductor.....adams brother is it......LOL......
Report one last chance November 18, 2013 10:27 PM GMT
Well another incident would when attending a away game to ur selves  last season and some off ur supporters where shouting to break his fecking legs same people were supporting same player a few days befor hand in county colours why shout it on county board don't think they can do anything about the ulster fixtures ohh and by the way  I didn't give a flying feck if yas hada won on Sunday was to busy watching the racing to even catch ur match on radio
Report one last chance November 18, 2013 10:51 PM GMT
By the way puke I didn't even post up here what was said in the dowmpatrick  incident nor I won't  but I was disgusted by  what was said  and after the much highlighted cross affair you would think there would be a lot less of the mouthing on the pitch
Report 1.01's no fun November 18, 2013 11:08 PM GMT
One last chance-Your reply reminds me of when Mayobridge played Ballinderry.....FULL OF MISTAKES 

Credit where credit is due Kilcoo(whether you like them or not)have done better in Ulster than either Burren or the Bridge for the last few years
Report Puke Football Rules November 18, 2013 11:26 PM GMT
15-1 yes and sure you seem to hear the internal gossip but dont attend the big games. I have already said my bit about the only incident involving players that you could come up with. You must be very innocent if you think that was the only Kilcoo players were involved in the mouthing with Cross last year. Say by your racing comment that you are an armchair GAA fan who checks the results and waits in the pub for what those bad magpies said. Heard openly what the bridge/burren players had to say last Friday nite re wanting Kilcoo to get hammered - same fellow players that play with them for Down! So some idiot shouts break his leg as you claim - I was as at the game - where you or maybe Dundalk or Wolverhampton on?.   

Heard o
penly
Report 1.01's no fun November 18, 2013 11:35 PM GMT
Ah now Puke-Teabag is no angel-everybody knows the craic there(except them boys who have'nt seen a league game in 20 years Wink )

Anyway,Ballinderry should be too strong for Glenswilly in two weeks time?
Report Puke Football Rules November 18, 2013 11:41 PM GMT
Agreed
Report Puke Football Rules November 18, 2013 11:47 PM GMT
And yes think they will win fairly easily. Very strong and have been on the scene last number of years so deserve it. I will be there to support them whilst your man will be at Fairyhouse! No one puts baby Daniel in the corner.
Report one last chance November 18, 2013 11:48 PM GMT
Credit where credit is due Kilcoo(whether you like them or not)have done better in Ulster than either Burren or the Bridge for the last few years

Care to enlighting me on this ??? Il check back when I'm finished studying tomorrow's cards
Report one last chance November 18, 2013 11:51 PM GMT
And yes I will be at fairyhouse and Navan this weekend so I'm an armchair supporter because I miss the odd league game to go racing
Report 1.01's no fun November 19, 2013 12:00 AM GMT
Ah now-

Kilcoo beat Crossmaglen
Kilcoo beat St. Galls
Kilcoo scored more than one point against Ballinderry.......need i say more???
Report one last chance November 19, 2013 12:03 AM GMT
And kilcoo won what ???? As much a wee did  SFA
Report Puke Football Rules November 19, 2013 12:03 AM GMT
lol maybe its the old burren days when they had their own players he speaks off!
Report Puke Football Rules November 19, 2013 12:08 AM GMT
no just the bridge - had this discussion before about stoning our bus a few years ago after another Minor Championship but it was prob wee magpies dressed in Bridge colours hiding in the bridge that did it!
Report richters November 19, 2013 12:16 AM GMT
Lads from what I seen and heard following burrens demolition of saval they we're confidentally preparing to go close in ulster,they forgot about kilcoo,they we're queing up in the point to back them fo ulster..
Report Puke Football Rules November 19, 2013 12:30 AM GMT
Heard there were some lumpy bets for Down final as well Richters. Was at the league game between us (havent missed a senior game for a couple of decades) and was very happy with our performance - Donal O'Hare was on fire and scored (gifted 2 goals) 4-6 out of 4-8 and we scored 17/18 pts. Backed us again at 2/1 on day before Champ final.
Report one last chance November 19, 2013 7:39 PM GMT
Including mine @ 3/1 on burren
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com