Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wildmanfromborneo
07 Nov 13 08:32
| Topic/replies: 9,908 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
Good card there today.

We start off with a beginners Chase and an old friend in Letter Of Credit,he is the highest rated over hurdles and has plenty of experience,the record of favourites in the first race at Thurles is abysmal something like one in the last three years.

Realt Dubh hasn't won for two and a half years and is well treated in the second but I wonder does he stay,think the final two furlongs will find him out,Quito De La Roque is coming back after a fall and would prefer further,Noble Prince looks to be gone which leads us to Fosters Cross,this front runner goes on any ground and has recent form,on figures seems to have little chance but with the question marks over the first three is the bet for me..

Georgia is on the go a long time but he was sensational last time in Galway,doubt if 8 pound will stop him.

I have been waiting for Wrath Of Titans as his first run in Punchestown was brilliant,he won his point to point in Lingstown( normally poor enough ) but the race he ran in Punchestown showed his class.
The Punchestown bumper was some race,the winner Moyle Park was unbeaten he had sprung a surprise when beating Blackmail at Leopardstown when trained by Harry Kelly and good and all as he is Willie Mullins tends to improve them.
However behind Wrath Of Titans was a host of winners,Classic Move,Carriganog,Dr Schultz,TheGame Changer and The Winkler any odds against seems good value to me.
Pause Switch to Standard View Thurles Today
Show More
Report paulie wallnuts November 7, 2013 8:39 AM GMT
are ya going Wildman......any rain up there......my boss wants to know......
Report wildmanfromborneo November 7, 2013 8:42 AM GMT
Won't he find out when he gets there.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 7, 2013 8:43 AM GMT
Have you any opinion on the card yourself are do you just wait for the boss to tell you.
Report paulie wallnuts November 7, 2013 8:48 AM GMT
hes on his way back from holidays......not going today......if you tell me the ground.....I will get u a card at 10.15......from somebody else.......wouldn't like to post up anything without a bit of help......
Report wildmanfromborneo November 7, 2013 9:03 AM GMT
I have already done the card its there in the opening post but you are too excited to see it.

Seriously you should try doing it for yourself,ye have got lazy ye used to have some decent judges but now its all phone calls and whispers,go back to your old system a bit more work involved but its how ye got your money.
Report paulie wallnuts November 7, 2013 9:24 AM GMT
fair enough Wildman......all I know is im living from week to week......whoever has this money.....it aint me.....
Report tony57 November 7, 2013 9:32 AM GMT
nice write up Wildman!..im looking forward to wrath of titans also..just a watching brief for me with thurles today, but if road to riches runs @ naas Saturday fto over fences I may get involved if the price is right...could be some nice sorts run Saturday?..good luck all.
Report Ozymandius November 7, 2013 9:43 AM GMT
good morning, Tony, I hope you are fit and well again.
Report tony57 November 7, 2013 9:49 AM GMT
thanks for your concern oz,..yes getting better by the day thank you...
Report dinglemick November 7, 2013 9:55 AM GMT
Well forumites , hope ye are all keeping well and backing a few winners .....
Thurles on a Thursday always a sign Winter National Hunt  racing has arrived .

Totally agree with you Wildman about Georgie getting off lightly with 8lb rise .Maybe handicapper took the view that the two  that went off in front off him at Galway the last day  went off way too fast and set it up for him ?? Either way must have serious chance again today in what looks like average opposition . Only question mark for me is Mr J whitson on board , to be fair i don t know a whole lot about him so shouldn t be knocking him but your always wary of jocks who haven t rode a winner on track granted he has had very little rides ...Presumne he is attached to the Elliot yard as he rode a couple for him in October at Galway .

Race that i have a strong opinion on is the mares maiden hurdle where a fancy the second favourite Catimini 11/4  ....She was 12 s in the morning and 8 on track into 9/2 the last day at Galway against an odds on Mullins one .... Got a slight bump coming to the last and flew home ...They obviously think she is decent , i think this yard had that decent mare Oilily so they would have a good idea ....
I hope Kevin Sexton 7lbs will offset her having a penalty for winning a bumper but more importantly would love to see him make plenty of use of her as she looks like she might need 2 and 1/2 miles .....
Don t think the Elliot favourite is any world beater and she should have the third favourite Keiths Delight covered on galway running ....The hogan one Emmy Lou  if it came alive might be a worry , a few decent bumper runs and no penalty ....

Good Luck all ....Hope there are no bust ups down there today LaughLaugh
Report pa lapsy November 7, 2013 10:19 AM GMT
Good to see you on the mend Tony57.DingleMick nice surprise to see you posting,was thinking of you when your "townie" David Higgins nearly won in the golf a couple of months ago,hope you,re keeping well.
Another for Georgie here,better off in the weights(though hurdles) with Drumlister,hard to see him turning that Limerick run around.
Decade Player franked the Musawama form,an obvious danger but as said Georgie,s Galway run was imp and at 9/4ish has to be the play.
GL with your punts today.
Report Ozymandius November 7, 2013 10:29 AM GMT
Gary O'Brien..3 Pts win Wrath of Titans, you don't often see that.
Report tony57 November 7, 2013 11:36 AM GMT
thanks pa..and hi to all..
Report tony57 November 7, 2013 1:01 PM GMT
good ride from casy...
Report kingkauto November 7, 2013 1:25 PM GMT
That letter of credit might as well go back over hurdles, any horse that cant jump at the business end of a race is no use..
Dont understand how the ground is good at Thurles?? A lot of rain after falling i dont know how it would have bypassed the racetrack.

I fancy Quito in the next, dont think Realt Dubh will stay, Noble Prince out of love with the game and Fosters Cross shouldnt be good enough..

Also backed some benefit in what would be a poor maiden hurdle in June, never mind November..
Report CheltenhamRoar November 7, 2013 1:52 PM GMT
Impressive by Noble Prince there,Wouldn't get to excited though,didn't beat much.
Report pa lapsy November 7, 2013 2:31 PM GMT
You never lost it Dingle, well done.
Report mushroom23 November 7, 2013 2:54 PM GMT
Diyala jumping left all the way around, Kevin Sexton on Catimini decides to make his challenge on Diyalas outside and nearly gets knocked off at the second last. Not the smartest tool in the box.
Report pa lapsy November 7, 2013 2:58 PM GMT
Totally agree Mushroom,couldn,t believe it myself.
Report pa lapsy November 7, 2013 3:18 PM GMT
Unreal ride by A P to get his 4000, well done Sir.
Report tony57 November 7, 2013 3:26 PM GMT
what a man..ap..wonderful day for our sport..
Report Bigwillystyle November 7, 2013 4:46 PM GMT
Wonderful day for our sport??? Why?

Means f u c k all to anybody bar McCoy himself.  Think he is the most over rated jockey ever.  Nearly as bad a D Mullins over a fenceLaugh
Report dinglemick November 7, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
well lapsy hope your good mate i see you have been pricing up a lot of races on the button recently , hope your making it pay ...agreed re young sexton was screaming at him to go up the inner when turning in .....National Hunt getting in full swing roll on the cheltenham next weekend !!
Report tony57 November 7, 2013 7:05 PM GMT
bigwilly,
racing is on the front pages with a good news story for once?..that is what I meant a s a great day for the sport...
Report huddys November 7, 2013 7:08 PM GMT
Welcome back Tony hope your feeling better and backing a few winners.
Report tony57 November 7, 2013 7:14 PM GMT
hi huddys,
yes thanks..did ok today..slowly getting back to normal...thanks..
Report huddys November 7, 2013 7:31 PM GMT
Good to hear on both fronts Tony.
Report punchestown November 7, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
`Nice to see you back around Tony.Cool
Report wildmanfromborneo November 7, 2013 10:32 PM GMT
A right crowd there today and if Bigwillystyle was there he wouldn't have made his comments.
The cheer that went round the racecourse when he got the 4000 would gladden your heart and all were talking about it,even though I doubt many backed it.
Report Distant View November 7, 2013 11:23 PM GMT
One of the reasons that many would not back it (apart from it being artificially short) is that you have no idea whether a McCoy ridden horse in those colours would be trying in a maiden hurdle.

It is a great achievement to reach this milestone and it is something that could not have been entertained as even slightly possible twenty years ago.

I do find the cheering from punters to be ironic however given that they are treated with nothing but contempt by these connections on far too many occasions these days. McCoy rides for himself and his owner these days and has scant regard for the punters, so while I would admire his achievement, it is not a celebration that punters belong to.
Report silvergreaser November 8, 2013 10:34 AM GMT
I'm inclined to agree with Distant View on this, let all the racing professionals pat Tony on the back all they want but when did any racing professional ever give two hoots about the betting public?.

Johnjo O'Neill and McManus talking as if the sun shines right out of their behinds, 2 of the biggest gangsters to ever grace racing, and they dragged McCoy down with them once he signed on as retained jockey.
Report kavvie November 8, 2013 1:26 PM GMT
very seldom id agree with silvergreaser but hes totally right on this occasion.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 8, 2013 5:18 PM GMT
The punters who cheered were genuine lovers of horse racing,they cheered a tremendous achievement,racing can transcend punting.
Report neill d November 8, 2013 6:35 PM GMT
I'm a big Wrath of Titans fan as well, was a little disappointed in him yesterday as I was expecting Cheltenham quotes afterwards. What did ye think of him?
Report ReimerpYsatnaf November 8, 2013 6:36 PM GMT
thought he was always holding the runner up and doing enough but suppose it didn't look that impressive
Report neill d November 8, 2013 6:37 PM GMT
Travelled sweet as anything in that Bumper last season if I remember correctly, no harm to see the other side of him so and I'll take the positive Premier.
Report ReimerpYsatnaf November 8, 2013 6:41 PM GMT
no idea what he was up against myself as didn't even look through the race but did watch it and always thought he'd still win even when the runner up came upsides
Report neill d November 8, 2013 6:45 PM GMT
The two lads in the finish I heard were brothers in the commentary so I was wondering was there maybe a bit of piss taking going on... only seen it the once but it looked straight enough, Winner probably in front long enough and ya he was holding him... I just thought beforehand he'd absolutely piss it
Report pa lapsy November 8, 2013 10:28 PM GMT
Thought he did nothing wrong Neill, a good education for the horse as he quickened when asked.
Very Wood on Sunday would be the one of giggys my hopes for greatness,that punchestown race is looking very hot with both Wicklow Brave and Gambling Girl in particular well behind that day.
Report neill d November 8, 2013 10:32 PM GMT
They are going to have some trouble keeping all of these apart this winter. i was very impressed by The Game Changer at cork, nice spot to make all is cork but still. Lots of memories looked good too for a smaller yard turning form around with a Mullins horse, I'm hoping he is going to be underrated next time out.
Report kingrat November 8, 2013 11:51 PM GMT
any1 get a result on this thread?Crazy
Report pa lapsy November 9, 2013 10:11 AM GMT
^^^Low attention span,read thread more slowly.
Report workrider November 9, 2013 11:31 AM GMT
Laugh
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 10:51 PM BST
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 20, 2019 3:27 PM GMT
dj876 20 Dec 13 19:41
There are many on here that will reminisce about the past and highlight the "Glory days" on here. A load of bull in my humble opinion,you either contribute and participate on  the forum or you don't.

Poor AP will not like this thread.

...anyways, LAST DAY IN THURLES for 2019

Kalanisi Og - take it from the Lion's Mouth Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 20, 2019 7:31 PM GMT
Looks like a Dynamite start at 12.10 in a Beginners chase but experience behind Laurina may tell for Small Farm last time & Milan Native.

12.45 Nothing beats Banagher.
1.20 Is Roconga off Eddie
1.55 Listed Mares Rebel Og to beat Drury ?
2.30 Ocean Voyage is back in Thurles again.
3.05 Kalli’s Quest is also back to beat Kalanisi Og from Thunder Down Under
3.40 Getabay from General Counsel imho Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 9, 2020 11:50 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • December 20, 2019 7:31 PM GMT
Looks like a Dynamite start.....

Lets hope there's NO FOG for another DYNAMITE start at 12.40 Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com