Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frankalsoran60
01 Nov 13 18:26
| Topic/replies: 6,249 | Blogger: frankalsoran60's blog
The above horse was put up  by Keen Leader this time last year but due to injury Faugheen did,nt run until May his first race and only race for willie mullins,  ..Faughheen won by 22L beating  Josses hill.
If i had to pick a horse out to watch this jumping season this is the one,   I have know idea what plans Willie has for him but i just hope he stays sound.Tongue Out
Pause Switch to Standard View Faugheen this season
Show More
Report frankalsoran60 November 1, 2013 5:44 PM GMT
http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/?va=PUN_2013_05_11_07_1725&vaff=16        ... im not sure if a few lads from the forum were at the finishing line but there was a lot of happy punters ,  worth a look.HappyHappy
Report ReimerpYsatnaf November 1, 2013 6:17 PM GMT
FAUGHEEN
Track Faugheen View form
5-y-o; bay gelding
Breeding: Germany (USA) - Miss Pickering (IRE)
Trained by W P Mullins
Form: 1-1
Bumper winner by 22 lengths at Punchestown on his only start for the yard on yielding ground back in May.

“Faugheen is another real chasing type who impressed in his bumper. Looks like he will start his novice hurdling campaign shortly. If he’s able to carry through the ability he showed in his bumper to hurdling he would be one I’m looking forward to seeing in the staying novice hurdling ranks.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 1, 2013 6:19 PM GMT
He looked some horse to me that day but he must have some problems so would worry about his soundness.
Report mushroom23 November 1, 2013 8:03 PM GMT
Was entered in a 2m6f maiden hurdle last Wednesday at P'town. On that basis, Neptune or Albert B the long term target.
Report frankalsoran60 November 8, 2013 3:46 PM GMT
Josses Hill WHO WAS 2ND TO FAUGHEEN [BEATEN 22L] HAS JOINED NICK HENDERSON YEAR AND IS HAVING HIS 1ST RUN FOR THE STABLE, HE RUNS TOMORROW IN THE 4.10 AT SANDOWN.
Report by purpose November 11, 2013 4:08 PM GMT
3rd Stonebrook just bolted up in what looked a weak Carlisle bumper.
Report frankalsoran60 November 11, 2013 6:59 PM GMT
What makes this topic interesting is that faugheen had,nt run under rules when Keen leader put this up about a year ago, i saw stonebrook run and he won as you say hard held by 7L at carlise B.P... IT will be interesting to see how good Faugheen is as the season progresses.
Report frankalsoran60 November 16, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
Faugheen having his 1st hurdle tomorrow 12.35 Punch, go on ya good think.Grin
Report workrider November 16, 2013 8:24 PM GMT
Will you play at those odds Frank , not the strongest race , plus he has won a p2p ..I can't see to many taking him on in all truth , so must be a bet ....Intriguing race re Defy Logic and Felix , should be a race worth noting , not sure how Defy will take to this right handed track , so the bet for me tomorrow is Felix ....The Fly will no doubt bring in the crowds , pity the race has cut up so badly ...We'll learn little or nothing from what is in effect a walkover ....
Report frankalsoran60 November 16, 2013 8:35 PM GMT
I WOULD,NT be surpriced if Faugheen started at 1/3 m8,  i think Felix is overated  Defy bare a fall should win well. IF i can get 2/5 and evens on the double i will be very happy.
Report workrider November 16, 2013 8:38 PM GMT
HAD A GOOD BET ON SURE REEF TODAY , THATS ME AND RUBY , A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN ......Laugh
Report frankalsoran60 November 16, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Distant View November 16, 2013 10:05 PM GMT
Faugheen could very easily go off 1/5 tomorrow.

I doubt it will be 1/3. They are already making him about 3/10 on here.
Report Mr Mischief November 17, 2013 4:20 AM GMT
Evens on the double no chance Im afraid, both will scoot in and the bookies know it.
Report Mr Mischief November 17, 2013 5:37 AM GMT
Faugheen/Fly/City Slicker treble is the way to go tomorrow
Report Mr Mischief November 17, 2013 9:28 AM GMT
Or maybe not, City Slicker only 7/4, ridiculous. Has to be opposed at such short odds
Report tony57 November 17, 2013 1:03 PM GMT
really nice sort..looks to me that he will love the winter ground..be great to see him at the festival .
Report frankalsoran60 November 17, 2013 1:39 PM GMT
Faugheen looks a great prospect , there was 1.35 avilable last night for a short while,  i was well wrong about Felix he won well Workerider
Report workrider November 17, 2013 4:43 PM GMT
I think Felix will turn into a right good horse this year Frank...
Report frankalsoran60 November 25, 2013 12:22 PM GMT
josses hill who was beaten 22L BY Faugheen won easly in the last at ascot on sat in just his 2nd race, the form of faugheen 1st win is working out better and better.
Report frankalsoran60 December 7, 2013 1:26 PM GMT
Easy for faugheen again , wins from 2miles up to 2.6, not sure where mullins will go with him seeing as he has so many good novices, INTERESTING TIME AHEAD.Grin
Report frankalsoran60 December 28, 2013 4:36 PM GMT
easy,, easy,
Report mr phantom December 28, 2013 4:42 PM GMT
Machine, never out of first gear. Jumping generally good apart from a couple of sketchy jumps but more down to horse travelling so strongly than anything.
Report dj876 December 28, 2013 4:44 PM GMT
The question is where will he run at the festival??
9.6 for Albert Bartlett(3m) and 12.5 for the Neptune(2m 5f)

After race at Limerick Sat, 28th Dec, 2013 (1st) he didn't jump well and perhaps it was because he was in front with no lead. However I think it was an awesome performance as he was keen and didn't jump and still won. He can go anywhere we like next and it's great for Emmet who is king of Limerick! W P Mullins
Report frankalsoran60 December 28, 2013 6:03 PM GMT
IF i had to guess iwould say the  Albert Bartlett(3m) D.J....I think he would give the top 3 mile horses a run for there money but that wont happen until next season.
Report sj December 28, 2013 6:06 PM GMT
I'd go the Neptune. They went a crawl today and nothing gets near Kings Palace on the hurdling technique front. As good a engiene Faugheen has he'll be giving away lengths to Kings Palace
Report pa lapsy December 28, 2013 8:57 PM GMT
Such a beautiful horse,personally would like to see him away from The Tullow Tank in the Neptune,doesn,t look a chaser in the long term,in looks reminds me a bit of Well Chief certainly doesn,t seem to have the looks of an old fashioned chaser. Wonder could WPM go down the Simenon route next year with him.
Report frankalsoran60 December 28, 2013 9:33 PM GMT
S.J im sure kings palace and faugheen will meet some time this season..good as david pipe thinks K.P. is i know which one i will be backing when they meet.
Report sj December 28, 2013 11:14 PM GMT
Same here mate. Kings Palace has the best hurdling technique by a mile. Has done it already round Cheltenham  twice on good ground. Like Faugheen a lot but he's got a awful lot to prove as far as KP goes
Report ilikewavingatbuses December 28, 2013 11:40 PM GMT
Think Frank means he will be backing faugheen.
Report frankalsoran60 December 29, 2013 9:36 PM GMT
correct ilike.
Report sj December 29, 2013 10:02 PM GMT
Yeah I'm just saying I'd prefer at the current prices to go with form than potential
Report ilikewavingatbuses December 30, 2013 2:37 AM GMT
2 v good horses, wouldnt like to separate them at this stage.
Report pa lapsy December 30, 2013 7:05 PM GMT
Thats a fair point SJ, King,s Palace looks exceptional as well, while Faugheens performance blew me away,you are right to say KP is proven. Hard to second guess Mullins but very possible KP will be against Briar Hill in the Albert Bartlett and Faugheen for the Neptune.
Report neill d December 30, 2013 7:15 PM GMT
His best one always goes in the Neptune anyway it seems, I'd agree pa. Briar Hill looks like one you'd never get to the end of so the Bartlett looks ideal whereas the other lad seems to have a turn of pace. Wonder what the story is with Moyle Park after his relative blow-out, he travels well so maybe a fast-run Supreme might suit him.
Report workrider December 30, 2013 7:32 PM GMT
I thought he was going to hack up Neill , had my biggest bet of the week on him , between the last 2 , Tullow looked in big trouble , I had no doubt he would pick up the leader , as he turned into the straight with a double handful i was counting the cash....Off out for awhile....
Report neill d December 30, 2013 7:38 PM GMT
Me too workrider, so maybe there is something with the Mullins string, that is the type of run that one would associate with a bug but then he is a young horse who might have just emptied with the long draw home on soft ground. I don't know.
Report neill d December 30, 2013 7:41 PM GMT
Nick mordin basically raved about him, I must try and rob a copy of the Irish field out of a library and see what he made of his effort. He used to have a free site which I used to use a lot for weighing up graded races, but it is only in the field and nowhere else now.
Report pa lapsy December 30, 2013 7:55 PM GMT
Upsie finished wrecked as well Neill from seemingly travelling well enough,very possibly she didn,t get the trip but another that emptied very quickly. The supreme could be a very good option alright with Moyle Park.
Report dj876 December 30, 2013 8:03 PM GMT
I remember listening to Patrick Mullins when he said that the year Boston Bob ran in the AB,the decision was made late and the deciding factor was to avoid Simonsig. Avoiding Kings Palace could be a major factor here,he hurdles as fluent as any novice I have seen and twice proven over c+d.
Report neill d December 30, 2013 8:06 PM GMT
David Jennings in the review section of the paper today said she was a non stayer Pa, but I'd say he'd be reluctant to say in print that the Mullins stable was undr a cloud without confirmation from the man himself.

He has looked very good this year alright DJ, would Mullins duck a Pipe horse though, Henderson has the track record for producing Aeroplanes right on the day, the last two Pipe Grade 1 festival Bankers were sunk in Dynaste and Grand Crus. who knows?
Report dj876 December 30, 2013 8:16 PM GMT
Fair point Neil,my Dynaste was disappointing in the King George,nothing has come to light either. I wouldn't completely write him off yet,could be interesting if they lowered his sights to the Ryanair and CC goes for the GC.
Report neill d December 30, 2013 8:25 PM GMT
Backed Dynaste e/w myself on the basis of horses for courses and he really wasn't traveling from a long way out which surprised me. The ease in competition of the Ryanair should help him and he'll surely travel around there if Cue card isn't in it to stretch him. Maybe the KG might have made a man out of him, to the naked eye he stayed in it longer than most, but he was never going really.
Report paulie wallnuts December 30, 2013 8:44 PM GMT
lads.....yer not serious about kings palace surely......and mullins avoiding him......id say mullins could have 5 novices better than kings palace......briar hill would beat kings palace about 10 lengths and faugheen would beat it 20......kings palace hasn't an earthly in Cheltenham......it wont be mapped.....
Report dj876 December 30, 2013 8:58 PM GMT
You're one of very few that think Kings Palace hasn't a chance in the AB. We've heard similar comments applied to Mullins novice hurdlers in recent times such as Ponte Alexandre and Boston Bob (both beaten).

So come on let's hear why Kings Palace hasn't an earthly in the AB?
Report neill d December 30, 2013 9:09 PM GMT
Some might say that Pipe is grand to get one handicapped and lay it out, but wouldn't know what to do with a real quality horse. I'm not sure he is around long enough to make that assertion yet but until he goes and wins a Grade 1 at cheltenham, it will hang over him a little.

His father made some funny choices with young horses a bit before my time. Our Vic would be the only quality horse they've had there it seems, I thought Dynaste and Grands crus were, but they weren't, I thought David Pipe thought they were too.
Report paulie wallnuts December 30, 2013 9:19 PM GMT
dj.....I don't rate his form.....similar profile to coneygree last year.....beating kaki de la pree by 1 length first time.....that thing couldn't be found in the challow.....beating a non stayer in creepy.....who is no good anyway.....monbeg dude having a run.....the rest worthless.....last time beat a 4m chaser in masters hill.....don't know what all the fuss is about......will be ridden by tom scudamore.....a negative.....will be ridden too aggressively......its nigh on impossible to make all at the festival.....particularly in a 3m race.....and I wouldn't rate pipe either at the festival.....not in the same parish as mullins.....the one positive it does have is its electric jumping.....and finally English novices are no good....
my prediction is that it shames itself.....and its 1000/1 to be favourite against whatever mullins runs......either faugheen or briar hill.....
Report dj876 December 30, 2013 9:43 PM GMT
Some valid points,if you wanted to draw lines with the Challow Hurdle,why not look at his form lines the winner rather than his seasonal debut against Kaki de la Pree. I agree that the horses behind him haven't been up to festival standard but his manner and jumping have been impressive.

As for not making all,Brindisi Breeze made virtually all in this a couple of years ago beating Boston Bob (often a race with plenty of dead wood)but Tom Scudamore is a major negative.

As for Mullins's festival record with staying novice hurdles,it's not as great as people make out,I think he's won 2 festival staying novice hurdles (plenty of shorties beaten).It's hard to quantify what they have done going to the festival when they have never been off the bridle.

I am all for fort-right opinions but very rarely say something has no chance or is a certainty -it's a game that tames all of us over time.
Report paulie wallnuts December 30, 2013 10:04 PM GMT
agree brindisi breeze made all or a lot of the running at least.....excellent effort on his behalf......and yes it must have a chance....but I cannot have it.....will be surprised if it doesn't blow out.....but I will stand over one statement .....its 1000/1 to be favourite against whatever mullins runs.....and another thing I will say.....it will get the Shiite beat out of it wherever it runs next.....before the festival or at it.....
Report paddywhacker1970 December 31, 2013 11:11 AM GMT
Does Faugheen jump well enough to win at Cheltenham? Would want to improve, I think.
Report Ballhopper December 31, 2013 12:28 PM GMT
Kings Palace looks very good and is proven at Cheltenham . . Faugheen jumped very poorly at Limerick . . Boston Bob given a lot to do behind Brindisi.  For sure Dynaste over-rated, but that's nothing to do with Kings Palace.
Report Slabster January 7, 2014 12:31 AM GMT
Looks like a fair bit of money waiting to lay Faugheen for both novice hurdles tonight, anything to worry about? Confused
Report stevo1 January 7, 2014 12:49 AM GMT
What approx £45 in Neptune?
Report Slabster January 7, 2014 11:02 AM GMT
There was a few hundred more than anything else Steve as far as I could see.
Report frankalsoran60 January 7, 2014 11:59 AM GMT
keen leader did say say that he could be injury prone, i have to say i would be very dissapointed if he was..it might be worth keeping an eye on the betting.
Report frankalsoran60 January 11, 2014 8:00 PM GMT
i seen josses hill ran a cracker in the grade 1 race at kempion today just loseing out to royal boy with W mullins upazo 12L back in 3rd place, Faughheen hammered Josses hill by 22 L in his 1st race back in May, i would,nt mind knowing which race W mullins will run him at cheltenham... may be Neptune?
Report Slabster January 11, 2014 8:52 PM GMT
Was good to Josses Hill run so well. Chapman asked WP after racing if Rathvinden was one of his best novices or if he was beow the likes of Faugheen, Mullins said a lot of horses might be below Faugheen, must be held in some regard. I would think the Neptune would be ideal for him but having Briar Hill in the same stable somewhat muddies the water.
Report dj876 January 15, 2014 4:45 PM GMT
Hopefully on Hennessy day (February 9th) we will get the big clash in the Deloitte novice hurdle over 2M 2F.

Faugheen V The Tullow Tank-not impossible that they could land the Supreme and Neptune.

Champagne Fever weak on here with a while for the Arkle-Felix Yonger the new fav.

Will Chamapagne Fever skip the Irish Arkle (Felix Yonger and Defy logic likely runners) at the end of the month and head to the Dr. PJ Moriarty Novice chase (also Feb.9TH) on route to the perhaps what is now known as the JLT novice chase.

WPM surely won't allow FY and CF in the Irish arkle unless the owners are insistent-the last time an owner forced his hand was when Michael O'Leary insisted that Make Your Mark take on Boston Bob in a hot novice hurdle at Leopardstown.
Report workrider January 15, 2014 8:03 PM GMT
I will be backing FY in every race he runs this year , a top class horse imo , and i think Willie made a helms of it last time...
Report ChildOfMine2 January 17, 2014 2:11 AM GMT
Clondaw Court pretty much confirmed for the Albert Bartlett today must mean that Faugheen is Neptune bound.
Report frankalsoran60 January 17, 2014 12:24 PM GMT
COM, mullins still has moyle park, briar hill, vautour, and others in the Neptune,   we have to wait and see, but if your right now is the time to back him,..as for myself i will hold fire for the time being...goodluck m8
Report ChildOfMine2 January 17, 2014 1:09 PM GMT
Theres little doubt that Faugheen is the best and the Ricci horses will no doubt be seperated. IMO, that would mean Vautor in the Supreme, Faugheen in the Neptune and Clowdaw Court in the Albert Bartlett. I certainly hope so anyway :)
Report timtin March 2, 2015 9:42 PM GMT
irish sports really ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 16, 2019 9:17 PM GMT
frankalsoran60 • November 16, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
Faugheen having his 1st hurdle tomorrow 12.35 Punch, go on ya good think.

Roll on 2019 - 1st NH Chase for the 11yo - THE MACHINE made a winning chase debut at Punchestown (albeit not a smooth one).

Everything was going to plan until the eighth fence, the first ditch, where he got things wrong and almost unshipped Townend who did well to keep the partnership intact and recover his composure after losing his irons. Paul - "He was a bit careful over the next couple" having lost the lead Faugheen tracked the leaders but gave supporters a few moments of slight worry in the closing stages as "he pecked at the back of the third last how he came back on the bridle so strong for me. I would have forgave him (getting beat) because of the two mistakes we made and that was the bit that most impressed me." He burst into the lead before the last with a nice turn of foot and a fine leap there propelled him to a seven-and-a-half length success. “It's a long time since he Pt-to-pointed. It's nice to see there is a bit of fire in his belly still. I was very impressed with him to overcome those couple of mistakes.” "The engine certainly seemed to be there"' - WPM.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com