Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
huddys
18 Sep 13 17:45
| Topic/replies: 2,671 | Blogger: huddys's blog
Well lads whats the selections for this week,going with my old pal Tiger at 5/1,and couldn't but help giving Dustin one more chance at 45/1 e/w with powers 4 places,its only the top 30 this week so should be a great four days golf,best of luck with the selections,
Pause Switch to Standard View Fed ex golf this week.
Show More
Report callitasucit September 19, 2013 1:04 AM BST
Big cash to be handed out this week, and big bottle required to capture it. Whilst most will be fretting over where they are in outright FedEx standings, worrying should they try push the boat out for a birdie to win the tournament, when par might secure the 10 mill, one man will care only for winning the tournament, and whom the cash bonanza would only be drop in the ocean of his relative wealth, Tiger Woods. I didn't expect to be backing him this week, having fully expected him to be chalked up around the 3-1 mark. To see opening shows of 6-1 on the best player in the world, on a track he clearly operates very well on, in a limited field of 30, was very surprising. He was a shorter price last week, with 40 more opponents, and a on track he had never played on. Tiger has consistently proven over the last few years, its his 'favourite' tracks which are the ones to back him at. Add in that so many of this field are likely to shy away from the winning line, with so much at stake, Mahan, Kuch, Luke, Day etc, I decided it was time to have a hefty wager on the great man.
Initially, I had planned on making Big Phil my main selection. Always a fan of backing Phil off a below par performance, as his price seems to inflate much quicker than some players of similar stature, and what Phil does one week has f*ck all bearing on what he is likely to do the next. Phil will revel in trying to reel in Tiger and take the loot off him this week. Twice a past champion here, I think its an insult he is priced up the same price or bigger than the likes of Mahan(bottler), Day(bottler), Luke(does one good round in his back yard really mean he is in form?),Furyk & Stricker(look incapable of closing tournaments out these days)....the list goes on. 24 on Phil is also huge value.
I wanted to back Jordan Spieth, he is going to a big player on the big occasion, but I put in a bet at 38 when the market was formed, but it doesn't look like getting matched, and the 30 on offer just looks a shade short.
Hate leaving Zach out, after he done me a favour last week, and as current course record holder, he knows his way around here, but surely its asking too much to back up such a big win, starting out only 3 days later? He may be one to consider for first round leader, playing off the adrenalin of Monday, but maybe fading over weekend. And if the putter is as hot on Thursday, he could go very low.
I have gone with one of last weeks picks, Graeme Delaet. I would question whether he has the mettle for such a task, but he is outside the top 5, so may not go in with any huge expectation. I was so sweet on him last week, I like to give such types another go.
With the Spieth wager looking like its not happening, I have thrown in a rag, but one who could definitely surprise. A couple of years ago Bill Haas came from the back of the pack to swoop and conquer, having surely benefitted from those in much healthier positions sh*tting themselves. Boo Weekley is in a similar position now, and his ball striking prowess should ensure this a course where he excels. His putting will no doubt be a hindrance, but at 180 on here, he is definitely worth a dabble.
100 win Tiger @ 6.8
100 e.w Tiger @ 11-2
300 e.w Tiger @ 5-1 (money back in PP if fin 2nd)

100 win Phil @ 24(not fully matched, but will happily take 23 if not)
100 Phil Top 4 @ 5.9 ( again not yet fully matched)

50 win Graeme Delaet @ 55
45 Delaet Top 4 @ 11.

25 win Boo Weekley @ 180
50 Weekley Top 10 7.2.

Good Luck all, hopefully it can be a profitable end to a profitable season.
Report callitasucit September 19, 2013 12:05 PM BST
80-1 on Boo Weekley for first round leader (Betfred), looks worth an e.w dabble. Out early always an advantage to this bet. 
Whoever is backing Adam Scott at 10.5 on here needs their head read. Firstly it a terrible price, should be 16s, and more importantly he is freely available at 11-1 in the shops, including PP, where you get money back for finishing second. The mind boggles.
Report callitasucit September 19, 2013 4:01 PM BST
Phil 26 now, so added another 25 euro stake to him. Better go do some work, or this could get expensiveGrin
Report callitasucit September 19, 2013 6:11 PM BST
Discipline isn't my strong point, so took the 34 on SpiethLaugh
Report huddys September 19, 2013 6:18 PM BST
Ha lucky there are only 30 runners this week callitasucit.
Report gerrymc September 19, 2013 6:21 PM BST
Jason Day 22.0
Zac Johnson 25.0
Adam Scott 10.5

my 3 against the field.
Report pa lapsy September 19, 2013 6:36 PM BST
Kuchar my hopes this week.
Mrs lapsy put £25 on Tiger, big bet for her.
Report pa lapsy September 19, 2013 6:37 PM BST
Good luck all,should be good golf.
Report Deplasterer September 19, 2013 7:04 PM BST
Been away, Wd last week Callit.

J Spieth and N Watney my two this week, win only. GL.
Report callitasucit September 20, 2013 12:09 AM BST
Cheers DP. I don't think I be troubling the judge this weekLaugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 20, 2013 9:13 AM BST
i see Tiger is playing like a cabbage again, he was absolutely shocking last Monday missing the greens by miles with wedges from 100 yards Plain
Report Kelly September 20, 2013 11:25 AM BST
Tiger did not look like world No 1 last night . Some hints that all was not well with him physically from the commentators .  Would hate to have backed him at short odds ( didn't , I'm on Adam ) . Stenson was good last night particularly first nine , but I detected some different things towards the end of his round . Good viewing though all round  , and there are still 54 holes to go , early days .
Report callitasucit September 20, 2013 5:06 PM BST
Early days indeed Kelly. I would expect a fair few to have a dose of the 'Westwoods' before the final putt is holed!! Dont rule out Phil yet. Though if he putts like yesterday he can forget it. Was worse than Tiger, and that took doing! Took 3 putts from 20ft on the par 5, missed 3 a footers and a 4 footer. 4 shots fuc*ed away. Dont win as much on Spieth, but would love to see him trump them all. Superb talent, and thoroughly likeable young man.
Report huddys September 20, 2013 7:05 PM BST
Tiger making a big move
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 20, 2013 7:07 PM BST
shows flashes of the old brilliance don't he - if only he could get some consistancy which sounds mad considering how many times he has won this year
Report huddys September 20, 2013 9:25 PM BST
I know Premier hes becoming real hit and miss,was never like that before.
Report pa lapsy September 21, 2013 8:38 AM BST
Yeah,after getting to -2 and back into it went to propping up the field again.Disappointing last few tournaments from him.
Two lesser Irishmen at the head of the leaderboard in Italy,Thornton and Higgins,latter went to qualifying school 13 times,be nice to see him do well,though with Molinari and Colsearts up there both have there work cut out in regards winning.
Report huddys September 21, 2013 10:44 AM BST
Ye pa lapsy hopefully the irish lads have a good solid round this weekend.
Report Deplasterer September 21, 2013 11:21 AM BST
Sh..... Huddys, wire for next week PadraigDevil
Report callitasucit September 21, 2013 1:57 PM BST
Stuck few quid on Dusty yesterday eve at 42. Hopefully Stenson and Scott have poor days today, and Phil, Spieth or Dusty might have a shot at it tomorrow, or at least make it exciting viewing! Still think there is many a twist left in this yet.
Report huddys September 21, 2013 9:09 PM BST
Fighting chance 2mw come on Dustin
Report callitasucit September 21, 2013 10:17 PM BST
Pity Stenson made that par putt on 17.
Report huddys September 22, 2013 8:39 AM BST
Ye I know callit just hope the pressure will get to stenson,i was in powers yesterday morning and wrote out a docket dustin 10/1 betting w/o stenson,then decided not to do itCry
Report callitasucit September 22, 2013 11:19 AM BST
I had a few quid on him at 12 without, on here. 4 shot lead is some difference to the 9 he had. If he starts relatively poorly, he wont be looking forward to that back 9, he over par for it for the week. Dusty well capable of throwing tournaments away too, but massive advantage to him is he prob needs a miracle to lift the big pot. Stenson will still be fine if finished second to Dusty, this could have a negative effect on his play too. As I said, should be plenty of swings left. I think we had one big one on the back 9 yesterday.
As a Kildare man, I hate to back them, but will have a hefty wager on Dublin first. I cant for the life of me see Mayo beating them. Have a few quid on Getabuzz in 4.50 Hamilton Huddys. 4-1.
Report pa lapsy September 22, 2013 12:53 PM BST
With ya with the Dubs Callit. Good opening post Huddys unless Dustin plays cat altogether you,ld be very unlucky not to get the place part anyway.
Lot of money to play for tonight,surely Stenson will have some nerves though 4 shots here is an awful lot. GL with Dustin lads.
Report huddys September 22, 2013 1:36 PM BST
Just backed the horse callit
Report huddys September 22, 2013 2:09 PM BST
David Higgins joint leader in Europe,what a fairytale if he can win.
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 6:37 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com