Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Gotchee
17 Sep 13 22:30
| Topic/replies: 2,689 | Blogger: The Gotchee's blog
Although I dont like the horse, its hard to get away from these stats but Forpaddytheplasterer has a squeak tomorrow. Always runs well fresh fresh 112222. Form on soft/heavy and heavy = 6 runs, 3 wins, 2 seconds and 1 third. He is at an all time low mark of 144. Trained locally and sure to be cherry ripe. He is 33/1 so what am I missing? The negatives are; he doesn't win that often, he is 11 years old and he is being ridden by Andy Mac. I think he has strong place claims at least. Any views on this race?
Pause Switch to Standard View The Kerry National
Show More
Report lapsy pa September 17, 2013 10:50 PM BST
Biggest stat The Gotchee since at least 1997 no higher than a 9 y o has won( not discounting 10yo He,llberemembered myself). Another stat is Eric Mc Namara has won it 3 from the last 6 years (twice with Ponmeoath) His pre race comments are positive with Questions Answered (7lb higher than his 2nd last year) i don,t get to carried away with these comments but think he targets this race in particular. Think he would have a chance in an open race.
Report ChildOfMine2 September 17, 2013 11:15 PM BST
Jacksonslady & Muirhead for me Happy
Report The Gotchee September 17, 2013 11:33 PM BST
One I do like and on your stats lapsy, I have to give a chance to the 8 year old Romanesco. I know I am confusing things but I think Romanesco would have a better chance of winning than Forpaddy.Scared
Report wildmanfromborneo September 17, 2013 11:43 PM BST
Gift Of Dgab for me.
Top class novice goes on the ground and the transformation of the Tony Martin stable a huge plus.
Report lapsy pa September 17, 2013 11:48 PM BST
Stats are made to be broken too The Gotchee,just pointers really on past events,the next 4 winners could in theory be 11,12 13 and 12, and the stats in 4 years time you would be looking for a veteran.
Still the only evidence is the older ones haven,t done too well in the last 16 years is before your eyes.Don,t want to put you off at all,though i think tis open with Mc Manus horses galore,Mullins,O Grady and a cross channel raider.
Like Romanesco as a horse and backed him at Galway.The Irish National,
Cheltenham and Paddy Power were 3 cracking runs before Galway.
Report The Gotchee September 17, 2013 11:48 PM BST
He is a good horse wildman but that is a long layoff to overcome.
Report newapproach September 18, 2013 9:28 AM BST
I disagree with you Gotchee about Forpadydeplasterer always running well fresh, if you look at the form of those races the runs were well below his best form. For example, the two wins were only a bumper and a poor beginners chase. The races in which he came he second, he was usually well beaten.
This horse will always be an old favourite of mine because I'm from Tralee and he gave us a rare Cheltenham winner but I wouldn't fancy him today mainly because of the ground and his apparent downward spiral in form over the last few years.
Good luck with your bet anyway, I'll be shouting him home also without backing him.
Report pa lapsy September 18, 2013 9:58 AM BST
Think it is likely Gordon Elliott will be interviewed on ATR today The Gotchee as he was yesterday and was fairly bullish concerning Bayan might be worth holding off with Romanesco to see if that happens.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 18, 2013 10:29 AM BST
think Sweet My Lord will take all the beating and is massive
Report roadrunner46 September 18, 2013 11:05 AM BST
carlingford lough's overall profile looks very progressive and is an exceptionally well bred horse, galway plate form could
provide the winner today. lots of other horse's with very similar profiles in the race, difficult to seperate them, they are
closely matched, just like the galway plate winner, one horse could easily make that big jump in form today. gl all
Report RoyalAcademy September 18, 2013 11:23 AM BST
no Ketty National winner since Lanturn (11/4)in 1999 has managed to win on its next start.

opposing the first five home since 2000 on their next start would have seen just 4 winners at odds of 5/2, 4/5, 7/2 & 3/1 (from 65 bets).

No horse in the front five since 2005 has won its next start.
Report pa lapsy September 18, 2013 12:07 PM BST
Bracing Breeze 2.55.
This one looks a clear form choice for me,starting with her maiden she was a head off Snow Queen,then won her maiden well at Dundalk.
Her next race at Mallow she was beaten less than 2l behind Cape of Approval and had Parliment Square behind,though only a 10k race the above two are listed horses.Last race at Royal Ascot was an 8/30 in a listed handicap.Off since then while not ideal has seem to have a fair gap between races so far and done okay. Seems to handle soft,trip no problem and drawn well.
Ballyorben has run Snow Queen close and likes the ground,last couple of runs nothing to write home about however.Last years winner is 15lb higher this time,hard to see anything else invovled due to being out of form or disliking the ground.
Not a big price at 2/1,but looks good placing by Weld with this one to me. GL all.
Report Dan Chipowski September 18, 2013 1:28 PM BST
Double Seven out and Wise Oscar in, and now fav to boot.

Devil
Report kingrat September 18, 2013 3:02 PM BST
fair play old pa,got it all,cheers chump!Laugh
Report pa lapsy September 18, 2013 3:13 PM BST
Ratty aftertiming a 1/2 winner.
Report The Gotchee September 18, 2013 3:51 PM BST
I was wondering why Brian Cooper wasn't riding Forpaddy. It is quiet obvious now, Mc Manus was always going to withdraw one of his runners so Wise Oscar could get a run. You couldn't be up to them.
Report kingrat September 18, 2013 5:01 PM BST
the price wise horse will do for me.Crazy
Report Goretski September 18, 2013 5:10 PM BST
White Star Line brings some top handicap form into this race, although still a maiden over fences, I 'll have a stab with her today. gl with yours
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 18, 2013 5:21 PM BST
wd Goretski
Report Dan Chipowski September 18, 2013 5:21 PM BST
Good shout, Goretski.
Report kingrat September 18, 2013 5:23 PM BST
vwd goretski.
Report huddys September 18, 2013 5:49 PM BST
well done nice pick.
Report yummy September 18, 2013 5:53 PM BST
Nice call Goretski even if she is a he!!!!
Report BJG September 18, 2013 9:04 PM BST
wd Goretski!

Nice to see Baresi with the right trainer on the card tomorro Devil
Report kavvie September 18, 2013 9:14 PM BST
well done gore..i was looking for a bit of inspiration all pre race..i went for tony martins one..never seen your post..and id have backed it as i know patsy byrne and all..
Report roadrunner46 April 13, 2019 6:48 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com