Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
13 Aug 13 18:47
| Topic/replies: 31,790 | Blogger: workrider's blog
All season long we have been odds on in most of our home games .I was away last week so never saw any betting on the pats game ..Tonight we are 3.55 , now i know we are playing poor , yet I'm tempted by that price ..We need to stem the downward spiral , maybe tonight Trevor will allow his players play to win rather than to draw ...I think this is a bet ...If allowed to express themselves with flowing football , which we have seen very little of since the derry game , and yes we are capable of playing attractive football when the manager lets them get on with it ..I think he can now have no more doubts left that 5 4 1 does NOT work ...Hopefully this system of his will now be put to bed for good ....
Pause Switch to Standard View ...... ROVERS HOW THE BETTING HAS...
Show More
Report GANT007 August 15, 2013 3:27 PM BST
I'm very well travelled, thank you very much..............
Report pa lapsy August 15, 2013 3:27 PM BST
Were you known as Tubbsy in them days.
Report richters August 15, 2013 3:28 PM BST
differnt computer pa.....this is like a provo operation.......a sophisticated network of cables and screens from a bedsit in the centre of ballymun.....piper you have made more replies in the last 2 weeks than ye have in the last 10 years mate,are you under pressure to tell us something or are you defending someone......
Report pa lapsy August 15, 2013 3:29 PM BST
Ozy will be along in a minute
Report rock piper August 15, 2013 3:30 PM BST
All the pubs are Kips on Katonah Ave, although I did use to go occasionally the Aqueduct North there, sometimes I went to Rory's up on McClean Ave, but mostly I drank downtown or on Amsterdam Ave, a guy with habits like me didn't fit in up there.
Report GANT007 August 15, 2013 3:32 PM BST
Rocketfingers..........For a lad who rode out for a trainer in New York to stating you know nothing about horseracing........magic stuff.
Report GANT007 August 15, 2013 3:33 PM BST
This must have been a good while ago Rockpiper.
Report pa lapsy August 15, 2013 3:34 PM BST
Yep and tubbsy to boot.
Report richters August 15, 2013 3:36 PM BST
gant there is a thread on here from some while ago from walter hi im new to here and know nothing about horseracing can someone please advice me.....i find this whole workrider bulls 1t weird considering workrider is the only one outside the inner circle who claims to have met walter.....
Report Ozymandius August 15, 2013 3:38 PM BST
workrider the latest to be implicated by Richters in the great charade Laugh
Report GANT007 August 15, 2013 3:38 PM BST
He exists because I do believe Workrider when he stated he met him. The know nothing about horseracing bit is priceless.
Report richters August 15, 2013 3:40 PM BST
ozy wwere yo aware that walter was an american workrider?obviously....but is this news to you......lol
Report Rocketfingers August 15, 2013 3:41 PM BST
I'm going to the Shelbourne derby semi final, as gant knows, if anybody wants to meet up just message me.
Report rock piper August 15, 2013 3:41 PM BST
Load of Tinfoil hat jobs on here I tell ya, and RF knows nothing about racing or Gambling in general then or now (but he wpuld say the same about me).
Report Rocketfingers August 15, 2013 3:41 PM BST
Please note i will be with a lady friend so my time will be limited ;)
Report GANT007 August 15, 2013 3:41 PM BST
I wonder how long ago since he was riding work stateside.
Report rock piper August 15, 2013 3:44 PM BST
Early Noughts I said.
Report GANT007 August 15, 2013 3:47 PM BST
What year?
Report richters August 15, 2013 3:47 PM BST
fear not the civil servant has arrived
Report Ozymandius August 15, 2013 3:49 PM BST
No surprise to me that Rocky was involved with hosses, sneachta, hard liquer, brawlin' and broads Stateside.

I have always viewed him as a charismatic Player who knows the time of day.
Report pa lapsy August 15, 2013 3:50 PM BST
^ of course you would Laugh
Report kingrat August 15, 2013 3:51 PM BST
i have got to hand it to dickie,fair play!yre still trying to front it after the garrotting u got last night.Laugh
Report rock piper August 15, 2013 3:51 PM BST
I think Saratoga was 02, because I took off for Lexington early in September for a mates wedding, we went to the Sales and trotting in another empty stadium.
Report richters August 15, 2013 3:52 PM BST
well i know one thing ye have turned this forum into an absolute PANTOMINE set.........
Report richters August 15, 2013 3:55 PM BST
rocket ffs dont make it so fkn obvious you MORON......
Report Rocketfingers August 15, 2013 3:56 PM BST
You better believe King, the guy has lost it and gant and pa, the dimwits, are only encouraging the simple dickie to go back for more, blind leading the blind at best, while their leader wildman looks on  frightened and scared.
Report GANT007 August 15, 2013 3:58 PM BST
Next we will be informed Rocketfingers was champion jockey at Saratoga under a false Mexican name.

If any Hollywood movie makers are looking in they could have a classic here. Gary Stevens would be too clean living to play the hard living party boy, Rocketfingers.
Report freddiek August 15, 2013 4:01 PM BST
Walter's tales are getting more and more ludicrous Crazy

time for some stronger medication son
Report workrider August 15, 2013 7:03 PM BST
Rock even I would doubt ROCKET was a workrider ....A little over the top imo....Richters i can verify that ROCKET AND SLIGORED ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE .....
Report Rocketfingers August 15, 2013 7:22 PM BST
Laugh
Report rock piper August 15, 2013 8:41 PM BST
WR, em, time can change a man, let those who doubt that he was, go along to Shelbourne and put it to him personally. Can you also confirm that I am as far as you know somebody else, because I mow know how God feels about Richard Dawkins, it is not nice to have your existence denied and recently people even animals have started to act like I am not there, I feel it is affecting me at a quantum level, but can we leave it at that because peeps are always going off topic in and trying to derail our LOI threads.
Report workrider August 15, 2013 10:17 PM BST
Rock , alas i know you not , but i have it from a good source that you do indeed exist as a separate entity from Rocketfingers and       Sligored......
Report Ozymandius August 15, 2013 10:26 PM BST
wonky, I have it on good authority that Kingrat will be making himself known to you at a racetrack in the near future.
Report boxingthefox August 15, 2013 10:46 PM BST
workrider, as you know I don't come on here very often, I'm used to talking to real racing people, how you put up with their drivel is a wonder, but for you I know it's tongue in cheek, unfortunately they can't afford to see a doctor and get an enormous dose of "Cop-on" poor fools, ahh well, more money for us when betting on here.
Report rock piper August 16, 2013 10:54 AM BST
Janey Spankingthemonkey aren’t you the serious man.

Thank you Workrider for the acknowledgement of my being, I couldn’t see my reflection in the mirror going to bed last night but I was able to shave off three days growth this morning, bad Karma for not telling the proper facts about Saratoga, but  I had to wait for confirmation from the Betfair legal deptament that there is a statute of limitation on certain matters before I could tell the story about how my search for the truth about the self led me to meet Rocketfingers for the first time.

It was the last days of the British Raj and Rocket  was serving his time as an apprentice Mahout, under Sur Ali Fur Ghee, the greatest Elephant Football trainer of all time. I had at that time had abandoned apostasy and the pleasures of the flesh and was studying the Spirit under Ali  Er Cashgun the greatest Fakir and Guru in all of India, anyway Cashgun liked a bet and we used to visit the Elephant stables to see the teams be put through their paces.
It  twas there I met Rocket and we used have a wild old time sitting under water for up to a week or two  at the time and other such larks. Our good times came to an end though when in the last minutes of a tense Bombay derby with the score 0-0, Rocket came on as a sub Mahout and in the words of Ali Cashgun,  missed’ the biggest sitter since Buddha’  and me  the two Alis and many others done their wads. 
Rocket ended up with an obscure League of Ceylon side ,there were whispers about irregular betting patterns,  that he had laid his own team on here and made a Monkeys time a Monkeys Portugee Gold Dollars, about 200k nowadays.  I used to post on the forum under the user name Sir Ian in them times, but none of you will remember  that as there was only Ruyard Kipling, Devilfish and myself on the forum at then. We used to telegraph our posts into Bletchly Park and they used to enter them into the Enigma machine on a card thingy which would print them out and then each post would be telegrammed out to the other users and we used to paste them  into different ledgers for each thread.
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 11:02 AM BST
Laugh what larks!

Wonderful stuff, rock piper.  You are a great addition to the forum, I hope you sick around.
Report richters August 16, 2013 11:04 AM BST
sitting under the water for upto a week at a time........is this a scene from you and rockets version of brokeback mountain your describing rocket......
Report workrider August 16, 2013 12:04 PM BST
Excellent Rock , I really enjoyed that....Laugh...glad to see you decided to tell the truth in the end....I knew you were spoofing when you said he was a workrider , but can fully understand the mistake .Is it true that at one stage he got down to fifteen stone at short notice...
Report Rocketfingers August 16, 2013 12:07 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh
Report pa lapsy August 16, 2013 12:17 PM BST
Brilliant post Rock Piper Grin
Report Rocketfingers August 16, 2013 12:19 PM BST
10/10 Rock alright Laugh
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 12:35 PM BST
Ahhh..Borneo comes out swinging, I knew it was only a matter of time!
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 12:37 PM BST
I had a feeling the Collegiate humour of rock piper's post would go right over his head!
Report wildmanfromborneo August 16, 2013 12:41 PM BST
Don't tell me he is a member of the Sligo version of the Bullingdon Club.
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 12:51 PM BST
Its a shame you missed out on an education, Borneo.  You would have reveled in it.  Now any reference to it provokes bitterness and resentment in you.  Understandable, perhaps.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 16, 2013 1:03 PM BST
Everything is of its time,it is possible to educate yourself.

I admire tradition and worked in both Oxford and Cambridge,two places I couldn't speak highly enough of,its only the pretence that gets me the looking down and sneering at Richters and others ye deem to be unworthy.
Report paulie wallnuts August 16, 2013 1:07 PM BST
Most of these posting are jokin when they are spouting shhit.....wonky is being serious.....the biggest ape on here by a mile....and ye all know im right.....but are afraid to say it......boxingthefox is another tool of a man.....altho wonks is out on his own.....paddock judge my whole.....wouldnt know a racehorse from an elephant.....
Report boxingthefox August 16, 2013 2:39 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaugh Paulie you were supposed to go into the classroom during lessons not look in from outside, you and education are not on speaking terms, are you??? LaughLaughLaugh
Report freddiek August 16, 2013 4:18 PM BST
its not the education that counts, its what ye do with it. And in Ozy's case, i'd wager that is Sweet Fook All
Report Rocketfingers August 16, 2013 4:27 PM BST
Neddie i would not let you empty my trading office bin, Ozy streets ahead of you mate so is everybody bar dickie, bloody hell he goes to Europe on business and sleeps with quality women. You can only dream of his life.
Report freddiek August 16, 2013 4:43 PM BST
course he does Walter. you keep takin the pills now
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 4:47 PM BST
Freddie, I hear your beloved 'Pool are sporting a new motto on their shirts tomorrow;

Liverpool FC
Offenderis Omnia, Nihil Pudet
Report richters August 16, 2013 4:56 PM BST
right on cue oz.........fukn complete simpleton......your time is running out, the rocket / piper / kingrat / ozy gay sex ring has well and truly been outed......SIMPLETON
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 4:59 PM BST
Laugh are you normally this composed under pressure, richters?
Report richters August 16, 2013 5:01 PM BST
mr benn wouldnt have a look in ffs,theres that many characters floating around in that balloon of a head........
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 5:02 PM BST
did u shift much merchandise today, mate?
Report richters August 16, 2013 5:05 PM BST
rocket your logged in as oz  at the minute,he doesnt use such street talk as mate.......
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 5:06 PM BST
I was just trying to soothe you and connect with you.
Report richters August 16, 2013 5:09 PM BST
it does take a lot of time and effort to maintain all these identities......are you housebound or on awheelchair,if so i apoligise foe the disability benefit jokes........
Report freddiek August 16, 2013 5:11 PM BST
richters is honest about what he does for a living. Why can't Walter and his sidekick be honest about being bone-idle dole spongers...
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 5:12 PM BST
what 'profession' are you in, freddie?
Report pa lapsy August 16, 2013 5:13 PM BST
When is Ratty getting let out?
Report richters August 16, 2013 5:19 PM BST
ratty will be along shortly after a long day at the civil service........he is preparing smiley faces as we type........
Report pa lapsy August 16, 2013 5:24 PM BST
Good,he is the part of the brain for the horses and gaa, even though has less/similar knowledge of the horses than the politically correct part of the brain and the sligo rovers part.
Report rock piper August 16, 2013 5:30 PM BST
So is anybody of a Trinitarian mindset going to Shelbourne Pk tomorrow to meet Rocket the Father, Sligo Red the son is going to Oriel to see Rovers while the Rock Piper the Holy Ghost is stuck in Sligo with Mother in law issues. Three persons in the one God.
Report richters August 16, 2013 5:33 PM BST
ozy is the alleged brains behind the ego,ratty is the wild child who seems to care not,rock piper is the old timer with the yarns and rocket is just well.....as anne robinson would say....Rocket you are the weakest link.....GOODBYE.......as i repeatedly said on here b4 the whole charade is run out of a small flat in the suburbs of dublin,most likely ballymun......the extent of the gambling probably ranges from 50p lucky 15s to maybe a 5er accie for the football........
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 5:43 PM BST
Borneo, a question, if I may?

Earlier in the thread you accused the Intelligencia of sneering at Richters & Co.

I ask you to to consider Richters post of 17.33.  Is he or is he not sneeering at the good people of Ballymun?  And sneering at those of lower income than him who gamble in more affordable amounts?

He dishes it out, therefore he is fair game. I don't think he needs any of your condescending sympathy.
Report richters August 16, 2013 5:45 PM BST
please elaborate on the sneering element in my post rocket?
Report richters August 16, 2013 5:47 PM BST
maybe its finglas.......
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 5:49 PM BST
Rocket is otherwise engaged, Ricky.

You are forever turning up your nose at Ballymun. You will have to learn to take the rough with the smooth if you ever want to be part of The Free State.
Report richters August 16, 2013 5:53 PM BST
never once said a bad word about ballymun,bring up the post where i turned my nose up at ballymun and report me.......i am sure the betfair moderators are laughing their t11ts off reading all this nonsense and about 10 characters from the same ip address......
Report Rocketfingers August 16, 2013 6:00 PM BST
Give over dickie you have used to run people down here before, that's how i knew you will never be truly one of us, you'll never be a 100% Irish, no true Irish man or woman would do such a thing.

Btw imagine look past over his baby infant type posts. Laugh
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 6:00 PM BST
Mo Farrah....some bit of stuff!!!!!

I'm sorry, Richters, when you suggested Rocket et al resided in the flats of Ballymun were you complimenting them on their locale?
Report richters August 16, 2013 6:02 PM BST
classssic post from a simpleton.......lol.....you will never be one of us.....lol......seethfest....
Report pa lapsy August 16, 2013 6:03 PM BST
^ Will one of ye log out and leave Ratty give us his synopsis on the Tramore card please.
Report workrider August 16, 2013 6:07 PM BST
Ozy now calling himself a member of the intelligentsia ....Whatever next from the boy.....Laugh
Report pa lapsy August 16, 2013 6:10 PM BST
Can't even spell the feckin thing, 17.43
Report workrider August 16, 2013 6:16 PM BST
Laugh PA , Said i'd keep my mouth shut .....INTELLIGENTSIA....As your DON at Oxford would have said to you OZY...Repeat after me .. INTELLIGENTSIA , INTELLIGENTSIA .....Ozy to the DUNCES corner ....Laugh
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 6:19 PM BST
I threw out the Hungarian spelling, 'intelligencia' just to see who, if anyone, was paying attention!
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 6:20 PM BST
back in you box, wonky!
Report Rocketfingers August 16, 2013 6:22 PM BST
Classic Ozy, one step ahead of everybody !
Report Ozymandius August 16, 2013 6:25 PM BST
I expected Borneo to be the one who spotted it, but let's face it, Lapsy has always been the brightest of his foot soldiers.
Report pa lapsy August 16, 2013 6:26 PM BST
Gold star for you WR correct spelling,no Hungary men here except maybe Tubbsy.
Let the Rat out,he has all the moves.
Report workrider August 16, 2013 6:27 PM BST
PHEW , thank God for clearing that up Ozy , i thought  it was the Armenian spelling ...Laugh
Report boxingthefox August 16, 2013 6:42 PM BST
A most pleasing thread. Happy
Report Giant Strides August 17, 2013 9:27 AM BST
Laugh  Rovers are rubbish!
Worst Bohs team in my lifetime and we go unbeaten and take 5 points off them.
Thank you very much! Cool
Report workrider August 17, 2013 10:26 AM BST
AH the dead arose and appeared to many , typical Bohs supporter , Only support them AFTER the event .....Laugh
Report freddiek August 17, 2013 10:36 AM BST
does Walter still support Sligo?? there was a BOOOMMMM out of him nearly every week last season. Hardly a peep these days. Only sing when they re winning..
Report workrider August 17, 2013 10:40 AM BST
They went down again last night Freddiek , I think he was about to unload on my funeral thread till he realized , things we'an't going to plan in Dundalk....Laugh
Report freddiek August 17, 2013 10:42 AM BST
unbelievable revival up here WR. and you couldn't wait to get rid of Stephen!!
Report Rocketfingers August 17, 2013 10:49 AM BST
I would say NeddieK will be planning his first trip to Oriel park in how long? Bandwagon and all that. Everybody knows my thoughts on us before the start of the season, i hope pats win it nothing against Dundalk but i have my money on Pats, if was not due to get a nice few bob i would be hoping Dundalk would win it.
Report workrider August 17, 2013 10:55 AM BST
Are you coming to Shelbourne tonight Rocket....?...Freddiek , Kenny lost the respect of the players , something a manager should never let happen , ye are now reaping the benefits of what he should have been doing with us .....Ye have really did yourself's proud this season....
Report Rocketfingers August 17, 2013 10:58 AM BST
No i'm going on the 7th of September WR, bringing a friend who is visiting Dublin for the first time so i thought it would be a fun night out, if you are about that night i'll meet you and i'll buy you a drink (must be my round again Tongue Out )
Report workrider August 17, 2013 10:59 AM BST
IT IS ....Laugh..SEE YOU THEN...
Report GANT007 August 17, 2013 11:00 AM BST
Workrider.......He is not coming to Shelbourne until semi final night, you know the bandwagon type and will probably look for tickets to the All Ireland Hurlinf final the next day.............big day Charlie.
Report Rocketfingers August 17, 2013 11:03 AM BST
Laugh You know Gant i am tempted to look for them but 2 sporting events in 2 nights is pushing it.
Report workrider August 17, 2013 11:03 AM BST
Laugh ...Gant i'll introduce you to him ....Then i'll stand aside and let ye at it man to man....Laugh
Report GANT007 August 17, 2013 11:06 AM BST
After hearing what he did to Todd Pletchers workriders in downtown New York.........I might pass.
Report Rocketfingers August 17, 2013 11:12 AM BST
As i said i'll be entertaining that night, don't want to say anymore in case i get Wildman excited. No seriously gant if you're about i'll meet you for a beer, set you straight about this game of yours Laugh
Report workrider August 17, 2013 11:12 AM BST
Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com