Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deplasterer
30 Jul 13 00:03
| Topic/replies: 6,581 | Blogger: Deplasterer's blog
Limited field, top players to the fore. Tiger wins recently were he is a multiple champ, another one here but too short.

Tree lined, so im looking at straight hitters with a bit of form.

Jim furyk showed last week just that, straight as they come and has a fair record here. Worth a go.

Hopefully Henrik is still shooting on all cylinders, brilliant this past month, would have won the open only for running up against Phil in too mode.

Bets

Lay of Tiger
Jim Furyk 65
Henrik Stenson 40

GL.
Pause Switch to Standard View Bridgestone WGC Golf
Show More
Report mp06 July 30, 2013 8:57 AM BST
you on a hat-trick this week? hope your spending your winnings wisely
few £ on gmac so far here,fisher in other event ,backd langer lastweek,you couldn't make it up how he lost ffs
Report Deplasterer July 30, 2013 9:54 AM BST
Langer hit 1.01 I believe mp, doubled the last, hope you laid some off before he imploded.
Report pa lapsy July 30, 2013 10:24 AM BST
Well done on your Galway db deplasterer your flying and long may it last.
Suppose Tiger is the obvious starting point here,record from 2001 to 2009 is 5 wins a second and 4th,last 3 years a more sobering 8/37/78.
Current form he ended up finishing a bit disappointing 6th in the Open,not for me either at 5,s.
Like your pick of Furyk even though his temperment in a finish is suspect,don't think he will win but hopefully will go short and be in the places.Finished well in 9th last week and with 5 top 6,s from last 10 visits here says the course suits.
Also like Stricker, his figure for the last 4 years are 2/14/9/5 and two top 10's in his last 2 events say he is playing well at the moment.
Others with decent course form include past winners Scott and Bradley while Rose,Cabera,Kuchar and Bo Van Pelt also have consistent high finishes here.
Great buzz off the golf last week,a brilliant thread, not being greedy same again this week please.
Taboo on the horses at the moment but can't see Fortify not being at least placed tonight on form(might get a troubled run though would be my worry). GL with your picks this week.
Report mp06 July 30, 2013 10:33 AM BST
ye did lay a bit but still seething
Report Kelly July 30, 2013 10:45 AM BST
Couldn't believe what Bernhard did on Sunday at the last after hitting a drive straight down the middle . 5 iron to throat of green , taking the 2 front bunkers out of play, 30 yard chip , one or 2 putts and job done . Gmac showed how to play safely with a tournament won , reckon Bernhard just was feeling optimistic . Golf sometimes jumps up and bites you on the bum , no matter how efficient you are ! Reckon he owes some people on Betfair !
Report Kelly July 30, 2013 10:50 AM BST
Was reminded of Padraig also at Open in 2007 ( ? ) , standing on last tee with a driver in hand .  I was screaming at the TV ( daft when you think about it ) --4 or 5 iron , whats the caddie doing ,  play for a five , we all squirmed , luckily for Padraig it was Sergio on the other side of the net .
Report Deplasterer July 30, 2013 11:00 AM BST
Tigers wins over this past while do seem to be at courses where he is a multiple winner, just like this event. So am wary of him here, so will not be laying as a result, could be a costly exercise. TV was almost out the window that day in Carnoustie Kelly, If sergio had holed his par putt on 18, don't think Pod would have recovered from that, In fact Pod ended up with a brilliant 6 after finding water twice. Fancy him to do something in the Renoe event this week but was expecting 50's, 30's jolly is very tight. Have a back up for 50's but doubt I'll get matched at that price, probably take 40's though, but nothing lower.
Report mp06 July 30, 2013 11:23 AM BST
lol u Love pod
added bubba and furyk that should put an end to your run Wink
Report mp06 July 30, 2013 11:23 AM BST
immelman showd few signs lately,added him also
Report Kelly July 30, 2013 11:36 AM BST
Deplasterer , Padraig at 30 is probably as good as you will get , looking at the field .  Baddeley caught my eye at 55 , that event has been good to me in the past , remember drawing on someone ( cant remember who ) who was 66/1 ( pre kick off) and 6 shots off lead going into final round , before  Betfair I think .

Whither the boy Rory ?  Surely he has to clock in some decent tournament before long , otherwise there will be fewer and fewer interested in his well being . Need him back , 2012 was a great year for him and sparked a lot of interest in kids world wide re golf . But you wouldn't back him with your own money until you saw him on the course .
Report Deplasterer July 30, 2013 12:22 PM BST
Yep agree Kelly, Rory's price has been going up this past month, getting seriously tempting at the prices, just picking the right week when he blitzes the field is the problem.

Reno is a piss poor field alright, but Padraig hasn't been setting the world alight this past month either, just think this stableford points set up might play to his strengths but 30's is not tempting me tbh. Might go inb at 34's thoughLaugh
Report maggot July 30, 2013 12:48 PM BST
WGC..

Ryan Moore 100/1 E/W

Billy Horschel 80/1 E/W, and 140s

Kevin Streelman 175/1 E/W, and 310s

Reno, a tough one to call. Initially fancied Sabbatini, but don't like the price, so had an E/W dabble on Villegas @ 50s. Cue Sabba to go and win the thing.

Women's Open.

Karrie Webb 20/1 E/W

Caroline Masson 80/1 E/W

Done a few cross doubles on the above. Good luck
Report callitasucit July 30, 2013 12:50 PM BST
I know im predictable as regards backing Tiger, but 5-1 this week compared to 10s for the British Open, or indeed the 7s for the PGA, is far superior value. As was again witnessed on Sunday in Muirfield, Tiger is having difficulty putting away what must now be feeling like his first major again. A born again virgin!! But what has been proven equally often over the last few years, is that Tiger is clinical in disposing of opponents at his favorite venues. And this ranks right up there. Had a good cut at 5s in Ladbrokes, backed e.w, as very hard not to see a place return at least.
Wasnt planning on investing too much on anyone else, but G Macs price is pure wrong. How he is twice the price of losers like Jason Day, or Westwood is beyond me. Yes, they may contend, they may trade short,they may give you a better run for your money than G Mac.......but are they going to win? NO!! 60 on here at moment, or e.w 50s in the shops, i have made him my biggest winner. Cracking bet. He has plenty of previous of playing well in what i would term 'Tiger Events'. He seems to revel when facing into battle with the great man, and his straight driving will be of huge importance around here. He has been very inconsistent, but at least backers know that when he gets a sniff of victory, he goes full throttle at it.
Had a smaller bet on Kuchar, e.w at 25-1. After a few disappointing weeks, two being in majors, he bounced back last week. With that competitive outing under his belt, and his juices flowing again, i expect him to go very well at a course where he has proven form.
Hate to leave Sned out after he bagged me the dollars on Sunday, but his form here leaves a bit to be desired, and would quite happily see him finish mid division, the re load next week for the PGA.
I had intended backing Pod this week, had forgotten he didnt qualify, but although the price may not jump off the page for the Reno, i will have a small dabble. Pod, like Phil, likes to bring his A game to events the week before majors, and he wont fear anyone in this field.
GL all.
I think we should turn this into a Pod and G Mac thread......it worked for Sned last weekLaugh
Report pa lapsy July 31, 2013 11:13 AM BST
Don,t know if it applies to everyone(online only) but PP emailed with a freebet on USPGA if having a bet on this weeks Bridgestone. Check your inbox.
Pod is very nearly 30/1 FAV for Renoe Tahoe.
Report Deplasterer July 31, 2013 11:37 AM BST
A £5 free bet on goodwood if you bet £5 on Virtuals, the bollox's have sent meLaugh

Had to drop to 34's to get matched on Pod & only partially at that, poor price but I am afraid to miss him just on the off chance he clicks, he has very little to beat though, won't get many better chances.
Report callitasucit July 31, 2013 11:39 AM BST
G Mac is 85. Madness doesnt even begin to describe that price!!
I was in powers in Salthill yesterday, some goon giving out about the ride his horse got in the virtual racingLaugh
Report the jolly July 31, 2013 11:44 AM BST
Duffner and Stenson carrying my dosh this week.  Both featured well in Merrion and go off at decent prices here. Stenson has looked ready to win for a while now. Also want to cover Phil - recent form since US open outstanding and not the type to over celebrate his Open victory.
Didn't think I would ever see Pod fav for a prof tournament again!
Report pa lapsy July 31, 2013 11:47 AM BST
Stay away from them virtuals tis only a small step away from de bingo,gave me a score on that probably all up in the office burstin their bolix saying that hangashore could do with a few bob,didn't know whether the offer could apply to all.
Report kavvie July 31, 2013 11:49 AM BST
true story.a lad came into a  shop i was in one day about 6 yrs ago.he had a grand(it was taken no prob)on a virtual race at 10/1.it won.i asked him after why he backed it.he said it got boxed in the previous week and he knew it was a cert next time.the name of the horse was "the reds"..theres nothing virtual about a virtual winner boys!!
Report callitasucit July 31, 2013 11:50 AM BST
Ha Ha, the fuc*in nut jobLaughLaugh
Report huddys July 31, 2013 10:19 PM BST
Ha some stories alright about the virtuals ha,have backed Tiger at 5/1 outright,i know im as bad as you Callitasucit,then ive done im other friend Fowler e/w w/o Woods 33/1 cant let him go,also backed Westwood w/o Woods 18/1,i know don't ask we why just feel he might have another good week,and ive backed Woods for next week aswell in the hope he wins this week and his price will be much shorter after sunday.
Report callitasucit July 31, 2013 10:52 PM BST
Understand your bet for next wk Huddys, though bookies push to 'get' Tiger would outweigh the possible price drop if he wins. Wont start shorter than 6s, and possibly could start tens. Have a few quid on G Mac Huddys, you will never strike a better value wager.
Report huddys August 1, 2013 6:33 AM BST
Will do no bother,see hes 7/4 to be top irish player with powers this week,only up against rory and lowry.
Report Deplasterer August 1, 2013 9:02 AM BST
Stenson out early so had a dabble at 42's 1st round leader as well. PGA stats are impressive, 1st in fairways hit & 2nd in GIR, just what you need here with trees either side on most of the driving holes. just hoping he putts above his average. He'll more than likely spray all over the shop now after that build upLaugh
Report Distant View August 1, 2013 11:25 AM BST
He is interesting at 11/1 for Top European as well with a few of the big names having either the Open disappointment to overcome, poor course form or poor form in general.
Report Distant View August 1, 2013 11:30 AM BST
Had a few dabbles in the Reno Tahoe this week in addition to main WGC preview. Two players picked out although trading them in running will be virtually impossible.

125/1 James Hahn:

We will keeping stakes lower than normal this week, both because of the unique nature of this event and because of the likelihood that the liquidity in the in running markets is likely to be much lower than normal, providing very limited opportunities to adjust positions over the course of the week.

Our first selection this week is a player that while he has been in poor recent, may just take a shine to this venue and format. James Hahn is based in Alameda, California and he started his debut season on the PGA Tour in outstanding form around these local courses and in the surrounding States. He finished 4th in the low scoring birdie blitz that is the Humana Challenge with a -24 total of 264. He also produced some excellent golf to finish 16th behind Phil Mickelson in the Phoenix Open and then followed this up with an excellent 3rd place finish behind Brandt Snedeker in the AT&T at Pebble Beach. All of these displays came in much stronger fields than he will face this week, although the Humana was one of the weaker events on the California Swing.

Hahn has shown limited promise since then although 35th in the RBC Heritage on the very tricky Harbour Town course was a good display and 41st in the Greenbrier Classic (played at altitude like this week) was quite promising. He showed further signs that his game might be on the way back with a 40th finish last week in the Canadian Open. This should have been far better after shooting 69-68-69 on the first 3 days, but a closing 77 dropped him down the leaderboard.

The real key to Hahn that we can see is that he is a returning to an area and the type of golf course that he has proved he enjoys. In addition the format looks like it may suit him very well. Despite quite a slump in the middle part of the year Hahn still ranks 5th in Total Eagles on the Tour (which are invaluable this week), 45th in Birdie Average, 38th in Par Breakers, 13th in Par 5 Performance and 49th in Driving Distance. His ranking of 90th in Strokes Gained Putting is not outstanding, but he has actually improved this aspect of his game in recent months and ranks 17th in Putting Average and 11th in Putts Per Round over this 3 month period.

Hahn is not the most accurate from the tee, but that will not be unduly punished this week, so if he can find GIR and gets his flat stick going, then he might just surprise a few people over the 4 days. He obviously carries a risk but in this format he is worth taking odds of 125/1 to post his best finish since Pebble Beach. Bet Victor are paying 6 places each way and they are definitely the firm to use for Hahn and take advantage of this extra place concession.

40/1 Gary Woodland:

Our second selection this week is a player that really should be having a better year than he has had so far. Gary Woodland has received a lot of praise from coach Butch Harmon about his game in recent times but he is not delivering on this potential in tournaments. So far this year he has posted just 4 Top 20 finishes and has faded in tournaments where he looked set to play a big part in the final day. The most recent of these was in the Greenbrier Classic where he slumped to 62nd with a final round of 77 after looking set to challenge for a Top 10 finish and a closing 74 in the Canadian Open last week was disappointing. Last week’s displays was characterised by many birdies and numerous bogeys which does provide some encouragement however with this week in mind.

There are positives to Woodland’s year however as 16th in the Phoenix Open, AT&T National and The Memorial Tournament are very good displays in much better fields than he faces this week and 18th in the Fedex St Jude Classic was another good performance. Woodland has also shown that he can produce some excellent golf in this part of the country with a 9th placing in the Frys.com open last year and in 2011 he finished 2nd in the Humana Challenge (played then as the Bob Hope Classic) and 5th in the Phoenix Open. He was also 4th in the Greenbrier which leaving the closing 77 aside from this year, proves that he can handle these venues played at altitude.

Woodland has not played this event so far, but the course and format should suit his game. He is a very powerful driver and ranks 2nd in driving distance this season. He ranks 25th in Par 5 Performance, 29th in Par 3 Performance, 5th in Total Eagles, 54th in Birdie Average and 48th in Par Breakers. He ranks a fair 79th in GIR and ranks 36th in putting average over the past 3 months. Accuracy from the tee is an issue but like Hahn, this is a venue which will not punish him severely for these errors, provided he is reasonably straight.

Woodland is a previous winner on Tour, having captured the Transitions Championship in 2011 and this provides him with an excellent opportunity to add a second title. The field is weak; the course looks ideal and the format looks set to suit a player that finds many scores other than par in each round!
Report Deplasterer August 1, 2013 12:18 PM BST
It's a pity the stableford scoring isn't reversed, ie. 5 points for a double bogey, as Pod would be a shoe in!Laugh
Report Distant View August 1, 2013 12:25 PM BST
He would start shorter than Tiger ever has, especially with Sergio at Firestone and the big threat eliminated!
Report gerrymc August 1, 2013 11:41 PM BST
Some interesting stats after round one at Firestone:

Tiger has hit 71% FIR which is as high as anyone in the top 20 (with the exception of Furyk at 78%).

Now most of the players in the top 20 that are hitting 70%+ FIR are going on to hit around 60-61% GIR
(the likes of Simpson, Fowler, Moore and quite a few others), whereas Tiger is hitting 71% FIR and 89% GIR.

It's only an 18 hole sample size but that suggests to me that Tiger still loves this place as much as ever and
that he is playing it tee to green better than everyone else in the field by some margin.

So while I'm not a fan of steaming in at short prices - and nor am I a big fan of Woods in general, I can't
resist a lump on the 11/4 available about him right now.
Report Vubiant August 2, 2013 10:33 AM BST
I saw an interesting snippet on last night's coverage where it compared Harrington's 2008 swing with today's.
I'm not an expert swing analyst but even to a layman's eye you could see how his swing has become loose and awkward.
In 2008 he looks compact and controlled -in 2013 his legs and arms are all over the place ...like a spider with a double hernia.
He has also lost his scrambling skill -hence bogeys are becoming doubles and worse.
I hope I'm wrong but with Padraig floundering around at 42 -it's hard to see where his next success might come from apart from Mickey Mouse tournaments in the Orient ( or the Senior Tour).
Report pa lapsy August 2, 2013 11:19 AM BST
Good starts by all who put something up pre tournament and most trading a fair bit lower.Hard lines with 1st round leader Deplasterer,looked for a lot of the day you were collecting.
Only negative with Woods is he is a later starter today Gerry,think there was a fair bit of bias with the early/lates yesterday.Still obviously looks the likely winner,you will at least get good tv coverage tonight unlike the 3 putts they showed of Furyk yesterday.
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 11:21 AM BST
Yes, pretty awful again last night by the looks of it in a mickey mouse tournament too, by PGA standards. Needs points badly to make the first round of the playoffs, the Barclays, currently sitting 123 with top 125 qualifying, top 10 here would all but guarantee his place there & valuable ranking points. Is out early so can only pray he shhots 10 points at the very least.

Pity Simpson robbed me of a payout on first round leader with Stenson, but sitting pretty after day 1 with Stenson & furyk just a couple behind but a few dangermen lurking menacingly.

Franksaloran & Sligored, I have moved £15 out of Stenson at 9.6 & pushed on to Furyk at 32's, in relation to our charity bet.

Current position:

Stenson +£1,547.84
Furyk +£435.00

Field: -£45

I hope you are happy with me doing a bit of trading each day. The plan is to maxamise a profit for each of our respective charities in the hope I can cover the field & still have a healthy profit sitting on our main pick Stenson. This of course all depends on Stenson & to a lesser extent Furyk hanging round near the top as long as possible.

If you wish me to stop & let it ride, let me know.
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 12:09 PM BST
A couple of 2 balls that should give us a run at around 6.3/1

Mthyical 2 ball 2.50 pm: Phil Mickleson 10/11 to bt Matt Kuchar
2 ball 2.30 pm: Jim Furyk 1/1 to bt Charl Schwartzel
2 ball 6.40 pm: Lee Westwood 10/11 to bt Webb Simpson.
Report callitasucit August 2, 2013 12:58 PM BST
Didnt see any of yesterdays play, racing taking precedence(and finally a profitable day....but hangover to bootSad). Have had a small top up on G Mac at 320, im like a dog with a bone on this one!! 10-11 on ww to beat Simpson seems v good bet. Simpson has history of v poor rounds after hitting the front on a Thursday. Is that powers DP??
Report frankalsoran60 August 2, 2013 1:15 PM BST
Fine with me DEP on the charity bets,   i have Stenson backed at 36/1 money back if woods wins and i also have Stenson with laddies at 40/1, i have a strong feeling he will give us a good run for our money.Excited
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 1:29 PM BST
Cheers Frank, I hope your right, he's my main bet over on the purple as well.

Yep Callit, all PP prices the 2 balls.
Report db1974 August 2, 2013 1:54 PM BST
Paddy won't let me combine the mythical & real 2-balls in a treble
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 2:11 PM BST
Same as DBMischief,tried online & phone, so just added Phil at evs instead to win his 2 ball against Rose.
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 8:21 PM BST
Really enjoyed that, not, boring weekend ahead, Wd tiger backers, see yes for the Pga next.

Couldn't get worse, yes, westwood playing like a dog for the 2 Ball bet also, feckless clown
Report pa lapsy August 2, 2013 8:49 PM BST
Yeah all over,didn't look bad until he started,-9 thru 13 some score there.
Report callitasucit August 2, 2013 9:03 PM BST
Backed Tiger at 20s in powers to go bogey free. Just in from races, see him hole a 9ft par. Jesus a 59 be unreal around here. 4 pars will do me!!
Report callitasucit August 2, 2013 9:06 PM BST
WD Huddys on taking the price for next wk!!
Report pa lapsy August 2, 2013 9:08 PM BST
Holed a 22ft par on the 4th or 5th Callit.
Report BJG August 2, 2013 9:12 PM BST
All over here, turn off the lights

Tiger playin like a man possessed
Report callitasucit August 2, 2013 9:17 PM BST
Must be putting superbly Pa??
Report pa lapsy August 2, 2013 9:20 PM BST
Tell ya the truth not watching it Callit,white flag is out,though want Furyk/Stricker placed,saw it on shottracker before tv.
Report Dan Chipowski August 2, 2013 9:32 PM BST
Pod missing the cut in a mickey mouse event. Embarrassing.
Report callitasucit August 2, 2013 9:42 PM BST
Sh*te drive on 18. Be disgusted if he bogeys the last.
Report BJG August 2, 2013 9:53 PM BST
callitasucit     Joined: 27 Sep 11
Replies: 640 02 Aug 13 21:17 
Must be putting superbly Pa??

Was 27/27 inside 10 feet for the week but i turned over after that
Report pa lapsy August 2, 2013 9:56 PM BST
You is Jammy Callit Well done.
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 9:57 PM BST
Wd Lee John and Paddy power for not accepting mythicals in treblesLaugh, ya gob****s!
Report BJG August 2, 2013 9:57 PM BST
wd callitasucit - made u sweat at the last Mischief
Report callitasucit August 2, 2013 10:08 PM BST
Some par on the last!! Jammy is the word Pa!!
Report db1974 August 2, 2013 10:13 PM BST
Need Poulter to win his 2-ball for a 7-fold.

Watching 30 mins now and the only player I've seen is Woods
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 10:16 PM BST
Same as db, thank fook for the Pga app. No interest watching this the weekend bow, it'll be the woods show, good man lee, eventually showed him, deserved that bit of luck.
Report pa lapsy August 2, 2013 10:17 PM BST
Not a bad bet all the same,Stenson and Bradley went bogey free yesterday and a fair few cards with 1 bogey. Makes the bet a bit sweeter when it actually went in after you all but gave up on it. Nice way to catch it.
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 10:26 PM BST
Who was Poulter playing db? Hope he clicked. 6.63/1for my treble, is say yours will be near 100'sTongue Out
Report db1974 August 2, 2013 10:36 PM BST
He just parred his 18th to beat Streelman by 1 shot so happy days

Just have to keep my cool now and act normal so the missus won't suspect anything!
Report db1974 August 2, 2013 10:37 PM BST
55/1 it was - Poulter was the shortest price if the seven
Report Dan Chipowski August 2, 2013 10:40 PM BST
Getting like the actual Golf forum around here now. Plain
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 10:42 PM BST
My bet posted for all to see DanWink
Report Deplasterer August 2, 2013 10:42 PM BST
Nice one db.
Report Dan Chipowski August 2, 2013 10:46 PM BST
Grin
Report db1974 August 2, 2013 10:53 PM BST
Apologies - just getting excited when it looked like I might actually win a bet for a change!!
Report huddys August 2, 2013 11:16 PM BST
What a round today my Tiger,ye glad I backed him earlier for the last major,got 11/2 callitasucit,say you were jumping around the room when he sank the putt on the 18th,well done getting the 20/1.
Report callitasucit August 2, 2013 11:24 PM BST
Ya Huddys, i was standing at the door, had no beer in, so was waiting til he putted to run over the centra here in Salthill. 9.59pm, Lad behind the counter tells me that i look like i sweating......"You don't know the half of it" i saysLaugh. Tiger only 4.9 for next week. No way he will start under 4s. We all know he can win these events in his sleep, its the majors that are proving the stumbling block. Bookies will be only too happy to fill their book with him at up to 5s. I will help them fill itGrin. Nice click db.
Report callitasucit August 2, 2013 11:27 PM BST
Forgot all about backing WW against Webb. Good shout on 2 balls DP. Webb yet again sh*ts himself after a good first round. Money to be made laying him after an opening blitz.
Report Deplasterer August 3, 2013 8:01 AM BST
Right, Frank and Sligo we are same position as yesterday morning, unfortunately Tiger decided to scupper us, never liked the man, totally despise the toerag now:

Stenson +£1,547.84
Furyk +£435.00

Woods the bollox -£45.00

We could bail and take out £25 and live to fight another day. Bit of weather due today, so hopefully the wind may get up and blow the tiger man back to the field. Bit of a longshot but stranger things have happened, I'd personally let it ride and hope for a divine intervention, but majority rules, so let me know your thoughts.
Report Deplasterer August 3, 2013 8:22 AM BST
Weather due today, so going out in 3 balls today to try and avoid the worst of it. Two edged sword, tougher to click in this format but some nice prices available and the draw doesn't scupper us either.

One catches my eye at a decent price:

5.50pm 13/8 Luke Donald to btJason Dufner and Bubba Watson. First week in yonks that Luke looks as good as 2012. If his suspect driving holds, he will beat these two, bubba too wild and Dufner won't/can't putt.

Don't expect to see too much golf though, this will be the tiger show, thankfully we have shot tracker.

I'm away to say a decade of the rosary to down the tiger manLaugh
Report callitasucit August 3, 2013 12:38 PM BST
Its been awhile since I have sent any euros Mr McIlroys way, but think he is a good bet in 3 ball today, 2.4 on here. It wouldn't be the first Saturday he throws in a cracking round from well out of contention. His driving seems to have improved this week, and with early morning storms forecast, it could play soft, and set up nicely for his towering wedges and irons. Kaymer and Lawrie wouldn't strike too much fear into me anyway. Will also have few quid e.w at 80s without Tiger. Hard to know what game plan Bradley and co will have. Chase pins and risk bogeys to chase down the Tiger, or play it as a separate golf tournament for second?? Quite possible someone from level par, or one over could find themselves quite close to second place by end of play today. For this reason, will also hav a few quid on Cabrera without.
Back to the 3 balls, have also backed Ricky Fowler at 3.05 on here. Will throw in Donald for a Trixie.
Report db1974 August 3, 2013 4:11 PM BST
Gone for a 70/1 5-fold today

McDowell
Westwood
Mickelson
Schwartzel
Donald
Report callitasucit August 3, 2013 6:29 PM BST
Powers went 14s on another bogey free round for Tiger.....couldn't resist!!
Report callitasucit August 3, 2013 9:15 PM BST
Was happy with Rorys progress till that needless bogey on 17. 80 yards from fairway fro his second, I was chalking down a bird, and thinking he could still be in contention for a shot at second tomorrow. Bogey scuppers that!!
Report callitasucit August 3, 2013 9:26 PM BST
Well, f*ck that. Rory follows bogey on 17, with another on 18, whilst Kaymer makes bird on 18 to level the 3 ball. PupAngry
Report Deplasterer August 4, 2013 12:59 PM BST
Frank and Sligo, groundhog day again. We can bail for £25, but feck it hope, for a quick start from Stenson and pray we can smell something around the £100 mark or hopefully one of tigers gals forgets to unlock the handcuffs this morningTongue Out
Report Deplasterer August 4, 2013 2:38 PM BST
Good luck Distant View with Woodland tonight in the Reno event.

Couple of 2balls to keep me interested later:

5.35 8/11 J Rose to bt M Kaymer
6.15 10/11 S Stricker to bt R Fowler

Betting in running:

50/1 Henrik StensonDevilDevil
Report Distant View August 4, 2013 3:40 PM BST
Cheers Deplaster.

Hopefully Stenson can put up a big show this evening for you and lands the Top Euro bet as well.

Saw none of it yesterday as was drowning my sorrows after Monaghan game, although keeping an eye on Woodland play by play tracker.
Report Distant View August 4, 2013 3:40 PM BST
Deplasterer I mean!
Report callitasucit August 4, 2013 5:00 PM BST
Threw a few quid on Donald without at 6s.
Report huddys August 4, 2013 5:43 PM BST
ha done the same bet callitasucit,great minds think alike.ha
Report callitasucit August 4, 2013 6:04 PM BST
Ya know what they say about fools though Huddys.......Wink
Report huddys August 4, 2013 6:06 PM BST
Oh I do.
Report Deplasterer August 5, 2013 12:01 AM BST
Still doing well, heading to bed Distant, hopefully he does the biz, best of luck.
Report Distant View August 5, 2013 9:21 AM BST
Thanks Deplasterer.

Comfortable in the end as nobody came from the pack other than Byrd who was too far back. Looked to be in neutral most of the way but picked up a few birdies near the end when the pressure was off.
Report huddys August 5, 2013 9:44 AM BST
Well done distant view lovely winner.
Report Distant View August 5, 2013 11:00 AM BST
Cheers huddys.

I seem to scratch around these minor venues well why you boys deliver the majors and WGCs with regularity!

Plenty of markets to get stuck into this week although a trip to Longford to see if our minors can make up for the disappointment of the Tyrone game will take up a fair bit of the day.
Report frankalsoran60 August 5, 2013 12:14 PM BST
Pity about Tigers 61 dep but we got a good run for our money. T,Y AGAINHappy
Report Deplasterer August 5, 2013 12:19 PM BST
I know Frank, but nothing would have stopped Tiger unfortunately. EW would have been as good as a Tiger win, but hindsights a great thing.
Report roadrunner46 August 5, 2013 1:46 PM BST
tiger woods stats for bridgestone invitational, wiki pages all green boxes for that tournament. world number 1

played 15 times

won 8 times

top 10 finish x 12

top 5 finish x 11

top 3 finish x 9
Report kavvie August 5, 2013 1:48 PM BST
ur maths isnt great.!!
Report roadrunner46 August 5, 2013 2:04 PM BST
maths genius at school in the top set of my classLaugh only kid smarter than me was irish kid who done 10 times more work then me.
Report callitasucit August 5, 2013 2:20 PM BST
So your not Irish Roadrunner??
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com