Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
keen leader
10 Mar 13 20:13
| Topic/replies: 634 | Blogger: keen leader's blog
i am hearing connections got a big slap for this lads "effort" at gowran on saturday. if you place backed or e/w'ed the horse you would feel robbed.

anyone come across the official stipe report, my grapevine says heaviest fine in some time.

if you havent seen the race, have a look at it and enjoy.
Pause Switch to Standard View minella for value @ gowran
Show More
Report GANT007 March 10, 2013 7:35 PM GMT
That's a good one.
Report kavvie March 10, 2013 7:54 PM GMT
very bad,small man again though.if one of the big trainers or jockeys were involved there wouldnt be a word said.and thats the problem.imagine if it was jp?..they wouldnt have the balls sadly
Report winnings March 10, 2013 8:05 PM GMT
small man my bollocks has more than jp
Report GANT007 March 10, 2013 8:11 PM GMT
If you are going to bury one do it right. This horse was well buried at fairyhouse and Shay should have known better.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 10, 2013 8:15 PM GMT
I actually thought Novarov won not off,I was there and thought Shay Barry's manoeuvre in ducking in under Ballyadam Approach was what done for him,Minella For Value ran down the last few fences but all novice chases are like that and that's the fault of our lazy handicapper.
Report kavvie March 10, 2013 8:21 PM GMT
well small in the training ranks i meant.i know hes not short of a bob
Report GANT007 March 10, 2013 8:26 PM GMT
Who trains Nallens horses these days.
Report RoyalAcademy March 11, 2013 12:17 PM GMT
Minella For Value kept going at one pace in the straight without getting into the race, an effort that caught the attention of the stewards, who suspended the horse for 60 days, fined trainer John Nallen €4000 and suspended rider Shay Barry for 21 days.

How on earth can this happen to a jockey having his only ride in five years, possibly ever, for the owner/trainer?
Report Bigwillystyle March 11, 2013 12:31 PM GMT
I know he is not much use but Are ya Right Chief was never put into the race.  It was nearly as bad as the Minella.  Of course when you see who trains nothing would have been done.
Report silvergreaser March 11, 2013 1:13 PM GMT
Why send them out reasonably fit to catch the stewards eye, do what untouchable Aidan does and send them out so unfit that if a pack mule was in the race it would probably finish in front of Aidans.

Yep once again its the journeymen who suffers as a token gesture to appease the public and pretend they the authorities actually have a beating pulse and give a sh!t, which they don't by the way.
Report Bigwillystyle March 11, 2013 2:05 PM GMT
Silvergreaser you dont send a horse who is unfit to run on bottomless ground over 2M4F.  It might be alright to have them half fit on the flat for their first few runs but over fences they is far more chance of injury.  Easy to bury one whether fit or not.  Fault here lies with Jockey.  Either burn him out by front running or bury right at the back.  Looking for trouble doing what Barry did.
Report Bigwillystyle March 11, 2013 2:06 PM GMT
Your obsession with Aidan O'Brien is getting worrying.
Report silvergreaser March 11, 2013 2:24 PM GMT
I've every reason to be obsessed bigwillie when every year the same things happen over and over again and not a word is ever muttered apart from me of course, and the odd auld journeyman trainer and jockey will suffer the consequences of an apathetic regulatory body trying to justify their virtual non existence, its not as if these untouchables are under camouflage, its quite blatant what they're doing.

The O'Brien runners will be worth a whole thread of their own when the flat season proper gets under way soon, inexplicable dismal performances usually followed by god like transformations, and when these remarkable transformations occur its congratulatory pats on the back all round, watch this space!.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com